Category: Best Lines From A Movie Eva!

Thunderian

Superstar
Oh, you mean TomCruise in A Few Good Men? :)

For some reason I am drawn to Tom Cruise movies...o_O
I am constantly amazed by how he manages to land roles you would never think he could pull off. I was not a fan of Anne Rice, but even I knew enough to know how flabbergasting it was when he was chosen to play the lead in Interview with the Vampire. Same for the role of Jack Reacher, although I am not going to forgive him for that.

Ah. Sorry, not my genre of preference :p
Guardians of the Galaxy is one of the greatest movies ever made. The music alone is better than most movies.

Renegade

Veteran
George: You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I can't understand what's gone wrong with it.

Billy: Huh. Man, everybody got chicken, that's what happened, man. Hey, we can't even get into like, uh, second-rate hotel, I mean, a second-rate motel. You dig? They think we're gonna cut their throat or something, man. They're scared, man.

George: Oh, they're not scared of you. They're scared of what you represent to 'em.

Billy: Hey man. All we represent to them, man, is somebody needs a haircut.

George: Oh no. What you represent to them is freedom.

Billy: What the hell's wrong with freedom, man? That's what it's all about.

George: Oh yeah, that's right, that's what it's all about, all right. But talkin' about it and bein' it - that's two different things. I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. 'Course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are. Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em.

Billy: Mmmm, well, that don't make 'em runnin' scared.

George: No, it makes 'em dangerous.

Please don't spoil this for her?

:p

Just kidding, ask Mecca, If God Creates the desire for you to do so of course. :)

Lisa

Superstar
Roy Miller: I did warn you not to get on the plane.

June Havens: When? How?

Roy Miller: When I said, 'Sometimes things happen for a reason'.

June Havens: That's not a warning, Roy! That's like a saying on a bumper sticker. Next time, try, "June, if you get on that plane, you will fucking die!"

Lisa

Superstar
Jeanette:
"What do you think about all of this?
Barney:
"About all what?"
Jeanette:
"About all this that's going on."
Barney:
"Nothing is going on, Jeanette, I can't even get your pocketbook.
Jeanette:
"You're not appalled by the times we live in, by all the promiscuity you find everywhere?"
Barney:
"I don't find it anywhere. I hear a lot about it, but I haven't found any."
Jeanette:
"Well I'm not going to think about it. I am going to become like everybody else in this stinking world."
Barney:
"What is that? What are you doing?'
Jeanette (swallowing pill):
"Digiline. It's for depression."
Barney:
"Want some water?"
Jeanette:
"I couldn't wait."
Barney:
"You couldn't wait for water? You're that depressed?"
Jeanette:
"Do you know what melancholia is, Barney?"
Barney:
"I'm beginning to think so."
Jeanette:
I'll tell you because I've had it for eight months. It's total and complete despair. It's waking up each morning of your life not wanting anything, not caring, not hoping, not needing. All that's left is a quiet, empty, bottomless, relentless, infinite, eternal gloom. That's melancholia.
Barney:
"Oh, we're in for some terrific afternoon."

Lisa

Superstar
Alan Arkin as Barney and Renee Taylor as Jeanette.
He did look familiar but I don't think I've seen Renee Taylor before..obviously never saw that movie. ;)
Kind of miss movies like that...I saw Barefoot in the Park once, not the Robert Redford one, had Bess Armstrong and Johnboy, in it..can't remember his name. Thought it was pretty funny.

The Zone

Star
I'm your huckleberry...
I'm your huckleberry
19th century slang which was popularized more recently by the movie Tombstone. Means "I'm the man you're looking for". Nowdays it's usually used as a response to a threat or challenge, as in the movie.

Full version -
Short version

Addendum - and nobody seems to act as if they have seen the movie, like it and such making me feel silly.

Last edited: