Category: Best Lines From A Movie Eva!

Lisa

Superstar
What are some of your favorite lines from the movies you like?

Guy: I changed my mind. I wanna go back.
Sir Alexander Dane: After the fuss you made about getting left behind?
Guy: Yeah, but that's when I thought I was the crewman that stays on the ship and something is up there and it kills me. But now I'm thinking I'm the the guy who gets killed by some monster five minutes after we land on the planet.
Jason Nesmith: You're not gonna die on the planet, Guy.
Guy: I'm not? Then what's my last name?
Jason Nesmith: It's uh, uh...I don't know.
Guy: Nobody knows. Do you know why? Because my character isn't important enough for a last name, because I'm gonna die five minutes in.

Edit:typos

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Guessing which movie the line(s) come from would also be fun.

"I just like to smile. Smiling's my favorite!"
I agree. We could do that too...:)
I just put the lines because I didn't know if I could get a movie clip to post, but was pleasantly surprised that I got it to go! :D

If people want to put a clip of their favorite lines that good, but if you'd like for everyone to guess the movie..then just type the lines..how's that?

I don't know that movie...anyone?

What are some of your favorite lines from the movies you like?

Guy: I changed my mind. I wanna go back.
Sir Alexander Dane: After the fuss you made about getting left behind?
Guy: Yeah, but that's when I thought I was the crewman that stays on the ship and something is up there and it kills me. But now I'm thinking I'm the the guy who gets killed by some monster five minutes after we land on the planet.
Jason Nesmith: You're not gonna die on the planet, Guy.
Guy: I'm not? Then what's my last name?
Jason Nesmith: It's uh, uh...I don't know.
Guy: Nobody knows. Do you know why? Because my character isn't important enough for a last name, because I'm gonna die five minutes in.

Edit:typos
I worked with someone who used to quote that scene, too. It's pretty funny. This one is always cracks me up like a bubbling idiot. Steve Carell nails this scene:

"What we've got here is failure to communicate,
Some men you just can't reach.
So you get what we had here last week,
which is the way he wants it. . .
well, he gets it."
Axl Rose? :p

From a guns'n'roses song i think is called patience?

Edit: Nope it's Civil War in fact. Just checked. The beginning of the song i mean but still the voice is the actor's and not Axl's, my bad!

Guess it was originally from the movie you quoted though. :)

Wish i knew the actor's name who said it ...

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Oh, you mean TomCruise in A Few Good Men? :)

For some reason I am drawn to Tom Cruise movies...o_O
Ya, I like Tom Cruise as an actor too, I think he's really good at it..too bad he's a scientologist..but that's the way it goes.

It was Jack Nicholson that said "You can't handle he truth but it was the movie, A Few Good Men.

Aero

Superstar
"They call me terrorist. Radical. Zealot. Because I obey the ancient laws of my people the Kree and punish those who do not. Because I do not forgive your people for taking the life of my father and his father and his father before him. A thousand years of war between us will not be forgotten."
"You can’t do this. Our governments signed a peace treaty."
"My government knows no shame. You Xandarians and your culture are a disease."
"You will never rule Xandar"
"No... I will cure it!"

Lady

Star
"They call me terrorist. Radical. Zealot. Because I obey the ancient laws of my people the Kree and punish those who do not. Because I do not forgive your people for taking the life of my father and his father and his father before him. A thousand years of war between us will not be forgotten."
"You can’t do this. Our governments signed a peace treaty."
"My government knows no shame. You Xandarians and your culture are a disease."
"You will never rule Xandar"
"No... I will cure it!"
?????? Didn't see this one.