Catching up to COVID-19

Lisa

Superstar
i saw this floating around somewhere on the net and confirmed it last week, but forgot to post it.

if you go to google, you can take ANY number you like from 2 to 10,005+ (i dont know where it ends-- ive been looking) and add "cases" to it and have a corona number pop up.
if you go to about 14,000, you need to add "corona" to the search for the numbers to appear. i tried typing in the number in quotation marks and i get a corona result every time: "77777" cases corona yields a result.

granted, the results do say "new cases" or "total cases", but here is the question for the mathematicians: is it even possible for every single number to come up in the results?
I think it was @Frank Badfinger who posted a video showing how it works that way. I wouldn’t doubt it..where do they get all their numbers from anyway?

Lisa

Superstar
Covid news...

Don’t need a vaccine then?
Taking cholesterol-lowering drug could reduce severity of coronavirus to the level of the common cold, study claims

O wait..no..we do need one..but its a wimpy vaccine..I bet that Chinese one is a doozy though!
Hopes rise for a coronavirus vaccine: First results of Oxford's Covid-19 jab show it's safe and provokes an immune reaction that lasts for two months as team says it may be ready by Christmas - while other Chinese candidate is also found to be effective

If you live in the US...no worries..we have plenty of money to go around..
Mitch McConnell is set to introduce a $1 trillion coronavirus package next week that will give schools funds to reopen and extend PPP loans - but cut extra unemployment from $600 to as little as $200

I’m glad they are open..but WOW! I wouldn’t want to go in that heat and wear a mask..I can‘t think of a worse experience!
SIT DOWN MEAL Disney World bans eating and drinking while walking after guests break face mask rules

Lisa

Superstar
Forgot this one..

Kentucky couple are put under house arrest and forced to wear ankle monitors for refusing to sign a self-quarantine order despite testing positive for coronavirus after a trip to Michigan

Lisa

Superstar
These guys have got to be some of the luckiest people earth...they are COVID free! :eek:

NBA announces zero players have tested positive for coronavirus since July 13 as stars stay in Disney World bubble waiting for season to resume

Lisa

Superstar
We can’t even be equal in the pandemic! Sheesh!
How is that possible? O right..people are different.

Poll: Pandemic hurting Americans’ finances in disparate ways

Lisa

Superstar
No teachers have caught coronavirus from pupils anywhere in the world, claims SAGE adviser who suggests it was a mistake to shut schools
  • Professor Mark Woolhouse said there is no proof of pupil to teacher spread
  • He said children are 'minimally involved' in the spread of coronavirus globally
  • Official statistics show 15 under-20s have died of Covid-19 in England and Wales

Lisa

Superstar
The poison of polarization has clearly infected enough people to spark a partisan pandemic in which incessant hysteria will no longer be in good-faith concern for the public's well-being.

Lisa

Superstar
Coronavirus hospitalizations spike to record highs of nearly 60,000 as US cases surpass 4 million - but death rate still remains low compared to April when the virus first struck

Maes17

Superstar
The latest and greatest on that pesky virus..

Virus immunity in recovered patients may be gone in months, researchers say

Just having COVID-19 symptoms raises risk for psychiatric disorders, loneliness

Coronavirus crisis may get "worse and worse and worse", warns WHO

Obesity, asthma and smoking put one in three young adults in the US at risk for life-threatening COVID-19

I thought smoking didn’t hurt you with COVID?
MORE evidence smokers are at less risk of Covid-19: Study of 90,000 infected patients in Mexico reveals adults addicted to cigarettes are 23% less likely to catch the virus

Women are drinking more than men to cope with coronavirus due to 'psychological distress' and the presence of children in the home during the pandemic

I’ve had covid symptoms since april. Have my occasional weekend where I feel fatigued, sore throat, burning eyes. Got tested out of precaution with my wife being pregnant. Results came back negative the three times.

I don’t know what defines covid anymore. But the quarantine and such has created a loneliness and boredom for some. Trying to keep my 8 year old son engaged has been hard this summer.