Cartoon Network Hits New Low With Blasphemous 'Black Jesus'

Etagloc

Superstar
This sort of thing shouldn't even be legal. I don't care who that statement offends.

5:00PM EDT 7/25/2014DEBORAH HAMILTON
A new program in Comedy Central's Adult Swim lineup includes the non-animated show "Black Jesus," which portrays the Son of God as a "black guy living in the hood." (Facebook)
OneMillionMoms.com, an action-focused division of American Family Association, is urging Americans to contact the originators of new late-night programming on the Cartoon Network that portrays Jesus as a foul-mouthed, violent man with a message of anything but love.
Late-night shows on the Cartoon Network fall under the block known as "Adult Swim," and a new program in the lineup includes the non-animated show Black Jesus, which portrays the Son of God as a "black guy living in the hood." The blasphemous, irreverent and disrespectful show depicts him living in Compton Gardens and makes a mockery of the Lord.
Cartoon Network recently posted on YouTube a trailer for the show, which debuts Aug. 7, and frequent foul language in the trailer alone is shocking and disgusting. In addition, violence, gunfire, drinking and other inappropriate behavior completely misrepresent Jesus.
"The garbage that passes for entertainment continues to disturb us," said AFA President Tim Wildmon. "This new show is a complete misrepresentation of Jesus Christ and the message of hope and salvation He brings to the world. Even the three-minute trailer was too vile to watch, with multiple uses of the f-word by the actor portraying Black Jesus. Christians and anyone who believes in respecting faith must come together to make sure this program never airs."
Yesterday, One Million Moms Director Monica Cole sent an email alert urging concerned families to help stop the premiere.
"Adult Swim plans to blaspheme Jesus on a weekly basis. ... (and) the entire program will be based on lies about Christianity.
"One Million Moms will defend our Savior, because He is Holy!" she continued. "Adult Swim is obviously not a family network, and this program is set to air later in the evening when children should be asleep, but that is no excuse. Adult Swim has crossed the line by belittling the Christian religion with foul jokes."
One Million Moms and the American Family Association are encouraging Americans to send a loud and clear message to Adult Swim, its owner Turner Broadcasting System Inc. (a Time Warner Company) and all potential advertisers on Black Jesus that this kind of programming is insulting and unacceptable.
"If we speak with one voice now, we can keep this program from ever seeing the light of day," Cole wrote. "Christians must take a stand and not be silent. Networks like Adult Swim continue to mock Christianity, and we will not stand for it. Christians should no longer sit idly by and allow this blasphemy to continue without speaking up in protest. 'Black Jesus' is another attempt to distort the truth about Christianity."
The online Action Alert enables visitors to send an email directly to Adult Swim and Turner Broadcasting, which reads:
As a parent and a member of OneMillionMoms.com, I strongly encourage Adult Swim and Time Warner Company to drop all plans to air the anti-Christian program Black Jesus. This show is another attempt to distort the truth about Christianity. Your network is making a mockery of my Lord and Savior. Your blasphemous show completely misrepresents the characteristics of Jesus and is based on lies about Christianity.
As a Christian, I feel you are attacking my faith. This type of programming is insulting and completely unacceptable. People of faith will not tolerate Jesus being ridiculed.
I am prepared to join thousands of other voices in urging advertisers to place it on their "do not advertise" list in protest of this anti-Christian bigotry. I urge Adult Swim and Time Warner to cancel this Christian-bashing program immediately!
I look forward to hearing from you regarding my concern.

Firstly, people need to give up on racial chauvinism and just accept that Jesus (may peace be upon him) was a Middle Eastern Jewish man and not obsessing over trying to insist he was black. From what Genesis says, Adam (may peace be upon him) and Eve were quite possibly African (from roughly around Ethiopia) so it's not like the truth isn't already inclusive.

Secondly and more importantly, this is super insanely blasphemous. And not only does it insult one of God's mightiest messengers but I think it also is insulting to black people. If this is what "black Jesus" equals- then what would that imply about black people? So even from a secular perspective the show is sewage.

It should be banned. I am seriously disappointed. I used to be such a fan of Aaron Macgruder and I used to be such a fan of the Boondocks. So this makes me very sad. Society is becoming more and more blatant with its Satanism.

Lastly, I think Christians should agree on this show being blasphemous and disgusting. Perhaps even more so- this is who they worship. What a horrible direction things are headed in. I don't care about atheistic perspectives of "children are starving somewhere- why should we care?". Even those starving children would more than likely be disgusted by this.

Last edited:
As a fan of the boondocks show this show was terrible at worst, decent at best. Not really funny imo. As far as the blasphemy aspect, I'd say Jesus to some is blasphemous on his own. Just as to others Moses is, just as to others Mohammed is. In this secular society that is allegedly ran by Luciferians, banning "blasphemous" content would be pretty difficult.

Firstly, people need to give up on racial chauvinism and just accept that Jesus (may peace be upon him) was a Middle Eastern Jewish guy and not obsessing over trying to insist he was black. From what Genesis says, Adam (may peace be upon him) and Eve were quite possibly African (from roughly around Ethiopia) so it's not like the truth isn't already inclusive.
You cant have it your way while denying other people theirs. If its "racial chauvenism" to say he's black, then its racial chauvenism to say he's any race really.

Etagloc

Superstar
As a fan of the boondocks show this show was terrible at worst, decent at best. Not really funny imo. As far as the blasphemy aspect, I'd say Jesus to some is blasphemous on his own. Just as to others Moses is, just as to others Mohammed is. In this secular society that is allegedly ran by Luciferians, banning "blasphemous" content would be pretty difficult.

You cant have it your way while denying other people theirs. If its "racial chauvenism" to say he's black, then its racial chauvenism to say he's any race really.
It's not racial chauvinism to say Jesus (may peace be upon him) was a Jewish Middle Eastern man. He was a Jewish Middle Eastern man. The world does not revolve around any particular race of people. If I was part of a sinister plot to cover up black history, I wouldn't be suggesting Adam (may peace be upon him) and Eve were Ethiopian.

It's not racial chauvinism to say Jesus (may peace be upon him) was a Jewish Middle Eastern man.
I agree. Its a belief that may or may not be supported with evidence.

He was a Jewish Middle Eastern man.
I disagree (in theory at least)...

The world does not revolve around any particular race of people.
Psalm 83 disagrees with you...

If I was part of a sinister plot to cover up black history, I wouldn't be suggesting Adam (may peace be upon him) and Eve were Ethiopian.
This would suggest that you're saying that Ethiopians are black. To which I'd wonder why you could call Adam and Eve black, but call their alleged descendant Jesus, a "middle eastern Jewish guy"...

williejonesjr

Veteran
This sort of thing shouldn't even be legal. I don't care who that statement offends.

5:00PM EDT 7/25/2014DEBORAH HAMILTON
A new program in Comedy Central's Adult Swim lineup includes the non-animated show "Black Jesus," which portrays the Son of God as a "black guy living in the hood." (Facebook)
OneMillionMoms.com, an action-focused division of American Family Association, is urging Americans to contact the originators of new late-night programming on the Cartoon Network that portrays Jesus as a foul-mouthed, violent man with a message of anything but love.
Late-night shows on the Cartoon Network fall under the block known as "Adult Swim," and a new program in the lineup includes the non-animated show Black Jesus, which portrays the Son of God as a "black guy living in the hood." The blasphemous, irreverent and disrespectful show depicts him living in Compton Gardens and makes a mockery of the Lord.
Cartoon Network recently posted on YouTube a trailer for the show, which debuts Aug. 7, and frequent foul language in the trailer alone is shocking and disgusting. In addition, violence, gunfire, drinking and other inappropriate behavior completely misrepresent Jesus.
"The garbage that passes for entertainment continues to disturb us," said AFA President Tim Wildmon. "This new show is a complete misrepresentation of Jesus Christ and the message of hope and salvation He brings to the world. Even the three-minute trailer was too vile to watch, with multiple uses of the f-word by the actor portraying Black Jesus. Christians and anyone who believes in respecting faith must come together to make sure this program never airs."
Yesterday, One Million Moms Director Monica Cole sent an email alert urging concerned families to help stop the premiere.
"Adult Swim plans to blaspheme Jesus on a weekly basis. ... (and) the entire program will be based on lies about Christianity.
"One Million Moms will defend our Savior, because He is Holy!" she continued. "Adult Swim is obviously not a family network, and this program is set to air later in the evening when children should be asleep, but that is no excuse. Adult Swim has crossed the line by belittling the Christian religion with foul jokes."
One Million Moms and the American Family Association are encouraging Americans to send a loud and clear message to Adult Swim, its owner Turner Broadcasting System Inc. (a Time Warner Company) and all potential advertisers on Black Jesus that this kind of programming is insulting and unacceptable.
"If we speak with one voice now, we can keep this program from ever seeing the light of day," Cole wrote. "Christians must take a stand and not be silent. Networks like Adult Swim continue to mock Christianity, and we will not stand for it. Christians should no longer sit idly by and allow this blasphemy to continue without speaking up in protest. 'Black Jesus' is another attempt to distort the truth about Christianity."
The online Action Alert enables visitors to send an email directly to Adult Swim and Turner Broadcasting, which reads:
As a parent and a member of OneMillionMoms.com, I strongly encourage Adult Swim and Time Warner Company to drop all plans to air the anti-Christian program Black Jesus. This show is another attempt to distort the truth about Christianity. Your network is making a mockery of my Lord and Savior. Your blasphemous show completely misrepresents the characteristics of Jesus and is based on lies about Christianity.
As a Christian, I feel you are attacking my faith. This type of programming is insulting and completely unacceptable. People of faith will not tolerate Jesus being ridiculed.
I am prepared to join thousands of other voices in urging advertisers to place it on their "do not advertise" list in protest of this anti-Christian bigotry. I urge Adult Swim and Time Warner to cancel this Christian-bashing program immediately!
I look forward to hearing from you regarding my concern.

Firstly, people need to give up on racial chauvinism and just accept that Jesus (may peace be upon him) was a Middle Eastern Jewish guy and not obsessing over trying to insist he was black. From what Genesis says, Adam (may peace be upon him) and Eve were quite possibly African (from roughly around Ethiopia) so it's not like the truth isn't already inclusive.

Secondly and more importantly, this is super insanely blasphemous. And not only does it insult one of God's mightiest messengers but I think it also is insulting to black people. If this is what "black Jesus" equals- then what would that imply about black people? So even from a secular perspective the show is sewage.

It should be banned. I am seriously disappointed. I used to be such a fan of Aaron Macgruder and I used to be such a fan of the Boondocks. So this makes me very sad. Society is becoming more and more blatant with its Satanism.

Lastly, I think Christians should agree on this show being blasphemous and disgusting. Perhaps even more so- this is who they worship. What a horrible direction things are headed in. I don't care about atheistic perspectives of "children are starving somewhere- why should we care?". Even those starving children would more than likely be disgusted by this.
The outrage would be heard if the show were "Transgender Jesus" or "Transitioning Jesus", or "Non- binary Jesus". God knows we can't say anything about them.

Unknown Warrior

Established
It is open season for anyone to be anti-Christian because Satan is in control of this world. He would probably reward people for this kind of mockery and the more grotesque it is the more it is accepted. Jesus will ultimately judge Satan and all of his followers but until then they will come up with even more vile and blasphemous portrayals of Jesus. He is Satan's worst enemy and Satan loves to turn people against Jesus any way he can.

Aero

Superstar
I think this is a good lesson in duality. Of course, the concept is lost on most folk. Let me try to explain in simple terms. Real Jesus doesn't have that basic power of truth without all the fake Jesus. So in that sense the Churches, or any religion or cult actually needs the blasphemy just as much as their truth.

It's impossible to have truth without lies. And that goes all the way back to yall's favorite boogeyman Satan. Without Satan, than there is no point in having a savior! Wisdom wouldn't be received if we weren't all Roman wretches. And people still don't get it. We are all at least part wretch, and some are definitely full on wretches.

Etagloc

Superstar
I think this is a good lesson in duality. Of course, the concept is lost on most folk. Let me try to explain in simple terms. Real Jesus doesn't have that basic power of truth without all the fake Jesus. So in that sense the Churches, or any religion or cult actually needs the blasphemy just as much as their truth.

It's impossible to have truth without lies. And that goes all the way back to yall's favorite boogeyman Satan. Without Satan, than there is no point in having a savior! Wisdom wouldn't be received if we weren't all Roman wretches. And people still don't get it. We are all at least part wretch, and some are definitely full on wretches.
So blasphemy is good in your book? So sin, evil and Satan are good in your book?

I mean if we take the logic you seem to be suggesting.... murder is good?

I get that evil exists but it doesn't mean that we should be cool with it.

Aero

Superstar
So blasphemy is good in your book? So sin, evil and Satan are good in your book?

I mean if we take the logic you seem to be suggesting.... murder is good?

I get that evil exists but it doesn't mean that we should be cool with it.
Satan and evil are necessary. Never said it was good.

Take away Satan and your God and savior never existed. It has nothing to do with being cool with it. One could argue the Churches never would of blown up like they did, without the threat of blasphemy. Religion was sort of forced into organizing, or else it would of all been subverted by heretics.

This show has been on for four years and only Christian conservatives were complaining while I can't find any denominations, Muslims, or anyone else that seems to care.
next time i will spread the news on whatsapp channels.
we will bomb a mosque in protest.

mecca

Superstar
Satan and evil are necessary.
It's true that in our current world, we only have the concept of good because evil exists... But do you think it's possible for good to exist without evil? Technically in heaven, no evil exists, but good still does. If God is all powerful, he should be able to make good exist without evil. I don't see how it's impossible, but it might remove our free will.

Trenton

Veteran
I agree. Its a belief that may or may not be supported with evidence.

I disagree (in theory at least)...

Psalm 83 disagrees with you...

This would suggest that you're saying that Ethiopians are black. To which I'd wonder why you could call Adam and Eve black, but call their alleged descendant Jesus, a "middle eastern Jewish guy"...
I'm a descendant of Adam and Eve and I'm a Roman-Caucasian so...

Aero

Superstar
It's true that in our current world, we only have the concept of good because evil exists... But do you think it's possible for good to exist without evil? Technically in heaven, no evil exists, but good still does. If God is all powerful, he should be able to make good exist without evil. I don't see how it's impossible, but it might remove our free will.
I think it's possible. But the definition of what's actually evil would need to change. Maybe it's better to say there isn't some perfect line between good and evil. And religion hasn't seemed to put most people closer to knowing the real difference.

I'm probably being a bit cynical, but I just know the world isn't like that. There is a serious disconnect in being able to recognize what's corrupted by negativity. Recognizing corruption means throwing boulders all the time.

rainerann

Star

You're really confusing the function of the savior with the reality of Satan. The savior is necessary because death was inherited when Adam and Eve disobeyed God in the Garden of Eden. Even though the account includes the presence of the serpent, the responsibility for disobeying God was placed on Adam and Eve. This account is where we understand what the word repentance means. Repentance is an individual action that does not include or necessitate the presence of Satan and the requirement to repent because we all fall short and will inevitably sin is why we need a savior.

It has nothing to do with Satan unless you overgeneralize Christianity in a way to trivialize for the purpose of reaffirming some individual belief that you hold about the presence of good and evil. If you want to maintain this position, you can assume that our objective in accepting salvation has something to do with the assumption that we are trying to find protection from Satan, but having a savior has more to do with being restored to be a person without sin than being protected from Satan.

It would seem like it would be easy to understand the role of a savior from the story of the Garden of Eden considering Adam and Eve were both given consequences for their disobedience and the reality is that no spiritual path has been able to completely remove evil from the world or find a better way to explain its presence. In some cases, something simple like this provides more answers to the nature of man than lengthy arguments about the human psyche are able to do.

That isn't to say that I have a problem with lengthy arguments about the psyche in most cases. Usually, I only have a problem with them when the motivation for them is to try to create conflict with simple explanations like this that have presented themselves throughout history in a way of asserting the ego of man in modern times over the capacity for understanding in ancient times.

In reality, Satan could be bound up for a thousand years starting today and we would still need a savior because without him we would still be subjected to an inevitable death that is the result of individual disobedience that no amount of intellectual inquiry will be able to prevent. I would imagine you do not believe death is final considering your position on astral travel. Essentially, if you can exist separately from the body in this life, there is a strong possibility that death is not a final end. This is why we believe we need a savior because this reality is the result of sin and it was not the will of God that we should experience death resulting from disobedience. It has nothing to do with Satan.

Last edited: