Canada passes anti-Islamophobia motion

Thunderian

Superstar
I was reading a blog and that person says that citizenry (meaning Canadians) to believe sharia law courts are coming soon. What do you think about that, would you agree?
As far as I know, some Islamic legal matters are already being settled in sharia courts, just as orthdox Jews have had courts for some of their matters for years.

The problem is when these religious legal issues bleed over into secular society. The day when an imam (or a rabbi) decides what is prosecutable under the Canadian criminal code is the end of religious freedom for us all.

I was reading a blog and that person says that citizenry (meaning Canadians) to believe sharia law courts are coming soon. What do you think about that, would you agree?

lmfao
"Coming soon"
If they have nikah ceremonies in Canada (they do) then shariah already exists in Canada. If you have halal food in Canada again Shariah already exists in Canada.
The word shariah just means The Law
There are diff branches of law

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_law

Kung Fu

Superstar
I also just wanted to add that the reasons a lot of the Muslims in Canada might support this bill is because they're not aware of the deceitful motives and tactics of the government. They just want to stop having their mosques vandalized and or attacked by crazy gunmen's and they feel this law is the answer when in reality this will do nothing because if someone wants to vandalize a mosque or say something hateful about Muslims and or Islam they will do it regardless of this law.

I don't think it is a law though.
It's just a bill asking the government to condemn islamaphobia and do some research which means very little.
I hate that people even use terms like islamaphobia in a world where many people are angry with the term and it's context. If it was me I'd make sure I mentioned the difference between critique of a major religion vs blind prejudice.
But let's be honest there is a lot of blind prejudice against Islam the religion from what I've seen... inc the matter of "shariah law is coming soon" but in truth the media esp British media plays the biggest role in spreading mischief this way. Specifically papers like the dailymail.

The best policy for muslims should be to carry on and just slowly working our way up the social ladder but as responsible Muslims. Not for nefarious reasons but just to make themselves ideal citizens rather than a problem to society like many have become.
Canada is far better then Britain and France when dealing with minorities. People who live there bang on about how friendly the place really is.

Thunderian

Superstar
I don't think it is a law though.
It's just a bill asking the government to condemn islamaphobia and do some research which means very little.
I hate that people even use terms like islamaphobia in a world where many people are angry with the term and it's context. If it was me I'd make sure I mentioned the difference between critique of a major religion vs blind prejudice.
But let's be honest there is a lot of blind prejudice against Islam the religion from what I've seen... inc the matter of "shariah law is coming soon" but in truth the media esp British media plays the biggest role in spreading mischief this way. Specifically papers like the dailymail.
A motion today is a law tomorrow.

There is a lot of blind prejudice against all faiths in the world today, but you can't legislate against stupidity -- you can only make laws that forbid acting on that stupidity. Canada has plenty of those, and all this motion does is open the door to laws forbidding the freedom we should have to be as stupid as we want to be.

A motion today is a law tomorrow.

There is a lot of blind prejudice against all faiths in the world today, but you can't legislate against stupidity -- you can only make laws that forbid acting on that stupidity. Canada has plenty of those, and all this motion does is open the door to laws forbidding the freedom we should have to be as stupid as we want to be.
Again, it's just a motion asking the government to condemn islamopohbia and do some research. There already are laws against hate speech.

Also you're saying there should be a law to prevent people from acting on stupidity, you mean a law against violence and murder? i always assumed such a law existed :confused:

Thunderian

Superstar
Sorry if that was unclear. We already have laws that prohibit acting in a way that is stupid and also hurts people. What we don't need are laws the make being stupid a criminal offense. Just being stupid (ie. Islamophobic, anti-Semitic, whatever) should never be against the law because when stupid ideas are out in the open, we can discuss how stupid they are. If we make stupidity illegal all we do is drive it underground.

mecca

Superstar
There is a lot of blind prejudice against all faiths in the world today, but you can't legislate against stupidity -- you can only make laws that forbid acting on that stupidity.
I agree with that. The laws you already have cover this stuff anyway.

Haich

Superstar
Hate speech is already against the law, and Canada is not shy about prosecuting people. Why should Islam be singled out for special status?
It's not being single out, hate speech rarely covers islamaphobia. There's nothing wrong with criticism feel free to ask questions or point out things in Islam which you agree/disagree with but do not verbally bash or attack or insult people as a result.
Judasim is protected so well, even a criticism of their faith is considered anti Semitic but there's a lot hateful speech which is used under the 'free speech' umbrella. It's impossible to regulate free speech or define it. Don't know why everyone has an opinion these days, just live your life people and let people live theirs

Lisa

Superstar
@Lisa you haven't read what I wrote at all clearly.
You don't need to sell me gods
Promise because I already mentioned that.

There is a period before the messianic times when Jerusalem will change considered "like sodom and Egypt" and now is that time

In fact when you really think about it
Sodom was destroyed by Rocks and Egypt was destroyed by the staff of Moses.
But I doubt you are intelligent enough to understand this.
Wow, how condescending of you...

I told you God's promise because I wasn't sure you knew about it.

I wouldn't totally argue with you there but, and there is a but. But God has plans for His chosen people to bring them back to Him. Paul says that God's not done with them yet and He will save them...

Lisa

Superstar
As far as I know, some Islamic legal matters are already being settled in sharia courts, just as orthdox Jews have had courts for some of their matters for years.

The problem is when these religious legal issues bleed over into secular society. The day when an imam (or a rabbi) decides what is prosecutable under the Canadian criminal code is the end of religious freedom for us all.
If they already have their sharia courts then they are already deciding things..or do you mean for everyone not just muslims?

Haich

Superstar
Why not? No one is allowed to do anything illegal.
Well I doubt anyone would do anything illegal, I haven't heard anything happening in the U.K. But come to think of it an old man was killed by a neo nazi

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/voices/when-my-muslim-father-was-murdered-by-a-terrorist-in-birmingham-i-realised-something-about-the-way-a6877261.html?amp

I don't think these events are common and this is an extreme case but it does show why Canada are probably passing a law exclusive to Muslims. They are increasingly feeling threatened given the current terror climate and it's usually neo nazi or far right individuals inciting hate and attacking them.

Where I live many mosques have been vandalised and some have been broken into and Qurans have been defaced and torn. Not sure what they're trying to achieve by attacking mosques and police are quite lenient and complacent, these individuals don't really serve jail time.

Here's an example of an artist who put up a sign which stated 'Beware of Jews'

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/society/2017/mar/15/beware-jews-road-sign-north-london-reported-police

This was flagged up as anti Semitic and the media were all over it and protected the Jewish community for feeling threatened. My question is why isn't the same protection there for other faith groups such as Islam ?

mecca

Superstar
This was flagged up as anti Semitic and the media were all over it and protected the Jewish community for feeling threatened. My question is why isn't the same protection there for other faith groups such as Islam ?
Because there's an agenda against Islam and ignorant people blame all Muslims for the actions of few.

Wow, how condescending of you...

I told you God's promise because I wasn't sure you knew about it.

I wouldn't totally argue with you there but, and there is a but. But God has plans for His chosen people to bring them back to Him. Paul says that God's not done with them yet and He will save them...
ok so let me get this right

me: According to the Quran God has promised Israel to the remnant/jews
you: God has a plan for his chosen people

what this basically means is
a) you're stupid
and/or
b) you've ignored what i wrote but insisted on giving me your opinion anyway.

Lisa

Superstar
ok so let me get this right

me: According to the Quran God has promised Israel to the remnant/jews
you: God has a plan for his chosen people

what this basically means is
a) you're stupid
and/or
b) you've ignored what i wrote but insisted on giving me your opinion anyway.
You do know that name calling is not allowed? I would hate to have to report you Aspiring.

Well, the quran isn't the go to book on this, it's the Bible, you are a student of the wrong book.