Canada Legalized Weed

Thunderian

Superstar
Just for the week? :)

In October, weed becomes legal here in beautiful British Columbia and across Canada, but the only legal purveyor of BC bud in British Columbia will be the government. The regulations for cannabis sales here in British Columbia were released by the provincial government the other day, and there will be government stores and private stores, but the private stores will only be allowed to sell government weed.

Dispensaries that are currently operating, of which there are hundreds in BC, will have to close down and apply for a license, one of the stipulations for application being that you have not engaged in any criminal activity. The problem is that until pot becomes legal, all these established dispensaries are technically breaking the law, so none of them will qualify for a license. Meanwhile, all the small grow ops and friendly neighbourhood weed dealers went out of business because the man looked the other way as dispensaries opened up all over the place. When weed goes legal, the government will have destroyed the underground weed market by allowing dispensaries, then in turn destroyed the dispensaries by making it impossible for them to go legit. Pretty neat trick, huh?

I don't know why potheads ever wanted legalization. The price of weed has barely moved in years, and there was tons of it. Now that it's legal, the only place to get it from will be the government, in the way they want, at the price they set.

Simka

Established
Guys, don't forget that marijuana is legalized only for medicinal purposes. I don't smoke at all and don't understand people who use it for fun, especially on a daily basis. But I know people who suffer from awful pain, depression, anxiety disorders, and medical cannabis helps them to feel relief. So, I'm not against legalization, but it is important to take all this process under control in order not to have problems, particularly for children.