Can you be an occult-free musician?

The X-Files

Rookie
I had great hopes for Carrie Underwood.... she's got that 'wholesome-freshly-scrubbed' kinda look that Taylor Swift used to have... but VC's SPOTM blew that to crap for me with her doing the 'one eye'/OK sign... and now, Sunday Night Football has teamed her up with Joan Jett... to 'dirty her up' a little bit, I suppose...
...I've never heard of this guy, but Rolling Stone is calling him "independent" and an "Outlaw"... I suppose that means no record label(?)... which I would think could be key to avoiding 'the system'... however, I'd like to see the rest of his tats... don't care for that 'skull' ring... and on his right arm... is that two naked children?... can't tell...

Cody Jinks Cancels Texas Concert Over ‘Threat of Violence’

Outlaw-country singer was to perform in Nacogdoches, Texas, on Saturday night
By JOSEPH HUDAK

Country singer Cody Jinks was forced to cancel a concert in Texas on Saturday night after an unspecified "threat of violence."

Cody Jinks, the independent country singer who has built a rabid fan base with his straightforward lyricism and classic-country sound, canceled his concert slated for Saturday night in Nacogdoches, Texas, because of an unspecified “threat of violence.”

The Texas native announced the cancellation via a series of tweets two hours before the ticketed start time. According to Jinks, he and the band were loaded in and ready to play at the Nacogdoches County Exposition & Civic Center.

“It’s with much regret & aggravation that we have to cancel the show in Nacogdoches, Texas tonight. We are here, set up, and ready, but we have been notified that there has been a threat of violence issued for tonight’s show,” he wrote.

“Local official along with federal officials are trying to track down the person who issued the threat, but haven’t just yet,” he continued. “So, in good conscience, my team and I have decided to postpone the show this evening in Nacogdoches.”

A rep for Jinks had no further comment. The Texas band Flatland Calvary were slated to open the concert.

According to KETK in Tyler, Texas, law enforcement said the threat was called in to the Expo Center on Saturday morning and referenced “doing violence during the concert.”

“The safety for our fans, friends, and staff is first and foremost,” Jinks tweeted. “I personally had family make long drives and paid for hotels so I understand any aggravation and frustration. We will make it up to you and keep you updated when we are able to reschedule the show.”

Jinks’ next concert is scheduled for November 7th in Albany, Georgia.

Earlier this month, Jinks released two albums, After the Fire on October 11th, and The Wanting on October 18th.

...and then... stumbled into this:
View attachment 26858
Sorry about my ignorance, but what are those weird hats used by the guys in the last picture you attached? I just saw the new Addams Family animated movie, and there's a scene that reminded me a lot of this photo: a little kid called Pugsley Addams has to go through an initiation rite called "Mazurka" (some sort of Bar Mitzvá with occult undertones), so he and his family have to wear hats that look a lot like these and the kid has to master a weird dance with swords. If he succeeds he can be considered an adult.

It's also worth mentioning that, in this adaptation, the Addams family is accustomed to perform spiritism sessions and it's actually some sort of daily habit/tradition for them. The movie portraits this as it's something harmless or even cool (like: "hey, daughter, come here and talk to your grandparents through the ouija board!"). Yeah, the board is actually showed without any restriction.

In the end, the movie is all about accepting people involved with the occult, embracing them and their pervertions as it's all normal. And top of that, normal people are portrayed as mindless sheep and intolerant beings that can't accept poor tormented families linked to actual evil. It was disgusting to watch.

scha

Established
Sorry about my ignorance, but what are those weird hats used by the guys in the last picture you attached? I just saw the new Addams Family animated movie, and there's a scene that reminded me a lot of this photo: a little kid called Pugsley Addams has to go through an initiation rite called "Mazurka" (some sort of Bar Mitzvá with occult undertones), so he and his family have to wear hats that look a lot like these and the kid has to master a weird dance with swords. If he succeeds he can be considered an adult.

It's also worth mentioning that, in this adaptation, the Addams family is accustomed to perform spiritism sessions and it's actually some sort of daily habit/tradition for them. The movie portraits this as it's something harmless or even cool (like: "hey, daughter, come here and talk to your grandparents through the ouija board!"). Yeah, the board is actually showed without any restriction.

In the end, the movie is all about accepting people involved with the occult, embracing them and their pervertions as it's all normal. And top of that, normal people are portrayed as mindless sheep and intolerant beings that can't accept poor tormented families linked to actual evil. It was disgusting to watch.
Even in new m4leficent movie human is portrayed as bad side / evil with using red color (during the war. sorry
if spoiler). While mal3ficent team with their horns is portrayed as nice and use green color as their aura / power.

The X-Files

Rookie
Even in new m4leficent movie human is portrayed as bad side / evil with using red color (during the war. sorry
if spoiler). While mal3ficent team with their horns is portrayed as nice and use green color as their aura / power.
There's a clear agenda about making evil characters and evil in general look good. They want us to feel sorry about them: The Joker, The Addams Family, Maleficent, just a few recent examples.

saki

Star

...wow...what to say here... the Shriners are a subset of Freemasonry who overtly make a show of 'doing good' for the world, most famously with their Shriners Hospitals for Children...with TV ads featuring adorable little kids receiving life-saving therapies, cures and care from the Shriners.... so far, so good... right?
...but do a search along the lines of "Shriners Occult Connections", or similar.... you'll quickly see that their 'service to fellow man' outer covering conceals a much darker reality with their beliefs, oaths and allegiances....
https://www.shrinersinternational.org/Shriners/MasonShriners/Masons
...while on the topic, many famous folks have been Shriners...
https://www.google.com/search?q=famous+shriners&sxsrf=ACYBGNRuPRRRoRwnXSbydGtPvQe8mFl1Nw:1572909839100&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjunOTh2dHlAhXCrJ4KHRQYAlwQ_AUIEigB&biw=1138&bih=482

Last edited:

saki

Star
I'm wondering if there is a way to be on stage, have your own music and be able to make a living from it while not selling out and having to show a certain agenda and lose control of your own work and personality... I heard that even very small creators are somehow involved in this entire system and it just makes so sad to see my dreams crushed before I'm even able to reach out to them.

I don't want to be on top of the charts or become rich. I just want to create music, express myself and have people appreciate all the effort and heart I poured into my work. That's all I want but I guess it's too much... :(
...not an 'insider' by any means.... but your query/plea has had me pondering about the issue for some time now... I would hazard to guess that it's possible, but it may seem as though it's the record labels who exercise a 'Harvey Weinstein'-like level of control over musical performers and their careers....
...I would imagine that any musical artist with a message and talent would like to 'reach' as many people as possible, and the record labels would appear to hold the keys very firmly in that regard.... and it looks like that is where so many musicians surrender control of their lives and their careers to the very real possibility of falling into unwanted happenings....
...with no idea what is your talent or style, which may, or may not be a 'fit', I'll offer the following:

...Austin, Texas proudly bills itself as the "Live Music Capital of the World" (which surprises some people)....
http://www.austinrelocationguide.com/Austin-Live-Music-Capital-of-the-World/ ....which I would imagine there being plenty of venues with a stage and patrons expecting to see somebody/anybody upon it... performing...
however, I must warn that recent reports coming out of Austin sound as if it is rapidly becoming like San Francisco...
...Branson, Missouri has (I would imagine...never been there) many venues, both large and small, with surrounding restaurants/hotels/nightclubs who need live entertainment, because the people who trek to Branson are there expecting to be entertained musically/comedically pretty much the entire time....
...I'm hoping that others will weigh in on this question, as it's one I've never had any reason to consider before.... but it just appears to me that if you can resist the worldly temptations offered-up by recording executives, then I don't see why it can't be a possibility... good luck in your quest!