Can you be an occult-free musician?

Niya

Rookie
I'm wondering if there is a way to be on stage, have your own music and be able to make a living from it while not selling out and having to show a certain agenda and lose control of your own work and personality... I heard that even very small creators are somehow involved in this entire system and it just makes so sad to see my dreams crushed before I'm even able to reach out to them.

I don't want to be on top of the charts or become rich. I just want to create music, express myself and have people appreciate all the effort and heart I poured into my work. That's all I want but I guess it's too much... :(

NPC

Established
I think it could be done! Not all music industry personnel are tied to the occult. The problem is the media and record execs are controlled by unseen forces that trinkles down to the musicians for thier own ends. If you are just staying small time you can do it, but going up the ladder in that business is where you most likely will start running into problems imo.

saki

Star
I had great hopes for Carrie Underwood.... she's got that 'wholesome-freshly-scrubbed' kinda look that Taylor Swift used to have... but VC's SPOTM blew that to crap for me with her doing the 'one eye'/OK sign... and now, Sunday Night Football has teamed her up with Joan Jett... to 'dirty her up' a little bit, I suppose...
...I've never heard of this guy, but Rolling Stone is calling him "independent" and an "Outlaw"... I suppose that means no record label(?)... which I would think could be key to avoiding 'the system'... however, I'd like to see the rest of his tats... don't care for that 'skull' ring... and on his right arm... is that two naked children?... can't tell...

Cody Jinks Cancels Texas Concert Over ‘Threat of Violence’

Outlaw-country singer was to perform in Nacogdoches, Texas, on Saturday night
By JOSEPH HUDAK

Country singer Cody Jinks was forced to cancel a concert in Texas on Saturday night after an unspecified "threat of violence."

Cody Jinks, the independent country singer who has built a rabid fan base with his straightforward lyricism and classic-country sound, canceled his concert slated for Saturday night in Nacogdoches, Texas, because of an unspecified “threat of violence.”

The Texas native announced the cancellation via a series of tweets two hours before the ticketed start time. According to Jinks, he and the band were loaded in and ready to play at the Nacogdoches County Exposition & Civic Center.

“It’s with much regret & aggravation that we have to cancel the show in Nacogdoches, Texas tonight. We are here, set up, and ready, but we have been notified that there has been a threat of violence issued for tonight’s show,” he wrote.

“Local official along with federal officials are trying to track down the person who issued the threat, but haven’t just yet,” he continued. “So, in good conscience, my team and I have decided to postpone the show this evening in Nacogdoches.”

A rep for Jinks had no further comment. The Texas band Flatland Calvary were slated to open the concert.

According to KETK in Tyler, Texas, law enforcement said the threat was called in to the Expo Center on Saturday morning and referenced “doing violence during the concert.”

“The safety for our fans, friends, and staff is first and foremost,” Jinks tweeted. “I personally had family make long drives and paid for hotels so I understand any aggravation and frustration. We will make it up to you and keep you updated when we are able to reschedule the show.”

Jinks’ next concert is scheduled for November 7th in Albany, Georgia.

Earlier this month, Jinks released two albums, After the Fire on October 11th, and The Wanting on October 18th.

...and then... stumbled into this:
1572242054527.png

Last edited:

NPC

Established
I'm so confused over this guy lol talks against the elite yet??

lovesoul

Established
Anything is possible with God! Pray fervently about it. God will give you answers.

NPC

Established
nope, satan is a music entity. therefore it's satan's ball game ‍♂. the rest of actors, politicians, nasa, etc sell out to god.
So you are saying all music is Satanic? I can understand the thought process of the actual music industry being dark, but the actual music that one plays does not have to be, especially if one is small time, unchained to these record labels who's job it is to keep our consciousness at a base level. It often goes to dark once the effect of greed due to dark entities entering the picture that usually end up influencing the musician/music no doubt once one starts being noticed by the audience/masses as we have all seen on these threads. I just think there are good music that's up lifting for our minds and dark music that seeks to keep it down imo.

Aero

Superstar
There's a ton of music and music videos that are occult free. People just like singling out the most overt examples. And I would argue the most overt symbolism in music is done to appear edgy. Plus when you look at the average lyrical content, the cult stuff is an exception, not the rule.

This thread reminds me of the phrase "Don't make a mountain out of a molehill".

I'm wondering if there is a way to be on stage, have your own music and be able to make a living from it while not selling out and having to show a certain agenda and lose control of your own work and personality... I heard that even very small creators are somehow involved in this entire system and it just makes so sad to see my dreams crushed before I'm even able to reach out to them.

I don't want to be on top of the charts or become rich. I just want to create music, express myself and have people appreciate all the effort and heart I poured into my work. That's all I want but I guess it's too much... :(
I'm wondering that too... I recently discovered Thomas Azier, love his music, but even he - an independent artist - has a couple photos where one of his eyes is covered, so I don't know...

The X-Files

Rookie
I think it's possible as long as you don't plan to make a living out of it, and if you keep it as a hobby with no monetary focus.
I've been a music nerd for the past 12 years and I've followed a wide array of artists. Some of them, I watched their career develop from small, unknown cult bands, and then gain some popularity just to get lost in the evil music industry.

One very recent example: a few years ago I was into an artist named Low Roar. It's been mostly a genuine heartfelt music act which seemed pretty harmless to me. I saw him live a couple of times and he felt kind of legit.

Then some of their songs were included in a trailer of Death Stranding, an upcoming PlayStation 4 game that seems to have a disturbing message/agenda.

The band got more popular and got involved with the game's development and soundtrack, as well as with Hideo Kojima, the game's creator. Some people consider Kojima a genius, but I'm almost sure Metal Gear has a lot of predictive programming and occult themes. Guillermo del Toro (well known occult-oriented movie maker) is also involved with Death Stranding, and even appears as a character. Both Kojima and Del Toro seem to know more than they show.

Low Roar is planning to release his new album ("Ross") on the exact same date as Death Stranding (November 8. Don't know if it has a symbolic meaning or has something to do with numerology). And a few days ago, Low Roar uploaded this photo to their social media and even changed it to their profile picture, as well as other pictures hiding one eye. It was pretty obvious at this point.

http://instagr.am/p/B3rPzjwgfVa/
I have the feeling that Death Stranding is gonna be something big in the videogame industry, a big project that merges gaming with movies and philosophy. It won't be simply harmless Sci-Fi.

The players and the gaming press are most likely going to love it, but they're gonna swallow the game's whole messages and themes without even question them. And it seems to be about transhumanism, endless life cycles and other unsettling stuff.

It's truly a shame. It's been painful to watch Low Roar, once an independent genuine songwriter and artist, fall into the music/entertainment industry abyss. One can only pray for him (Ryan Karazija).

In the mainstream? Likely not. If you want to making a living off your music, you're going to have to play ball.

But I also don't think most artists with occult symbolism even think about it. Symbolism only has power if you give the symbols power and I don't think the average artists thinks anymore than their next paycheck.

I think it's possible as long as you don't plan to make a living out of it, and if you keep it as a hobby with no monetary focus.
I've been a music nerd for the past 12 years and I've followed a wide array of artists. Some of them, I watched their career develop from small, unknown cult bands, and then gain some popularity just to get lost in the evil music industry.

One very recent example: a few years ago I was into an artist named Low Roar. It's been mostly a genuine heartfelt music act which seemed pretty harmless to me. I saw him live a couple of times and he felt kind of legit.

Then some of their songs were included in a trailer of Death Stranding, an upcoming PlayStation 4 game that seems to have a disturbing message/agenda.

The band got more popular and got involved with the game's development and soundtrack, as well as with Hideo Kojima, the game's creator. Some people consider Kojima a genius, but I'm almost sure Metal Gear has a lot of predictive programming and occult themes. Guillermo del Toro (well known occult-oriented movie maker) is also involved with Death Stranding, and even appears as a character. Both Kojima and Del Toro seem to know more than they show.

Low Roar is planning to release his new album ("Ross") on the exact same date as Death Stranding (November 8. Don't know if it has a symbolic meaning or has something to do with numerology). And a few days ago, Low Roar uploaded this photo to their social media and even changed it to their profile picture, as well as other pictures hiding one eye. It was pretty obvious at this point.

http://instagr.am/p/B3rPzjwgfVa/
I have the feeling that Death Stranding is gonna be something big in the videogame industry, a big project that merges gaming with movies and philosophy. It won't be simply harmless Sci-Fi.

The players and the gaming press are most likely going to love it, but they're gonna swallow the game's whole messages and themes without even question them. And it seems to be about transhumanism, endless life cycles and other unsettling stuff.

It's truly a shame. It's been painful to watch Low Roar, once an independent genuine songwriter and artist, fall into the music/entertainment industry abyss. One can only pray for him (Ryan Karazija).
Metal Gear doesn't really have much in the terms of predictive programming. Even the most "prophetic" game in the franchise (Metal Gear Solid 2), didn't say anything that wasn't already being shared in conspiracy circles at the time, mixed with things that anyone with even a bit of wisdom could see in the specter of the military-industrial complex already.

I say this as writer; people who talk about predictive programming genuinely don't understand the nature of writing stories set in the near future... A lot of it comes off as "prophetic", but it's not because people are "in the know" or have some sort of gift... It's how they see the future, based on the current track we're on.

The X-Files

Rookie
In the mainstream? Likely not. If you want to making a living off your music, you're going to have to play ball.

But I also don't think most artists with occult symbolism even think about it. Symbolism only has power if you give the symbols power and I don't think the average artists thinks anymore than their next paycheck.

Metal Gear doesn't really have much in the terms of predictive programming. Even the most "prophetic" game in the franchise (Metal Gear Solid 2), didn't say anything that wasn't already being shared in conspiracy circles at the time, mixed with things that anyone with even a bit of wisdom could see in the specter of the military-industrial complex already.

I say this as writer; people who talk about predictive programming genuinely don't understand the nature of writing stories set in the near future... A lot of it comes off as "prophetic", but it's not because people are "in the know" or have some sort of gift... It's how they see the future, based on the current track we're on.
Yes, I agree. It's not like writers and movie makers dictate how the future will be. I think they work more towards the modeling of the collective unconscious, slowly convincing people to accept certain themes and ideas that are likely to become a reality in the future. Subtle and well crafted propaganda.

In MGS2's case, if you pay attention, the story leads you to think that the idea of a powerful Artificial Intelligence taking over every political and human decision, is not only inevitable, but also not as bad as it sounds. I've seen and studied that well-known Codec conversation between Raiden and Colonel Campbell, and, in my opinion, it's guided to make you embrace that idea. I have the feeling Death Stranding will be just like that or even worse.

saki

Star
I had great hopes for Carrie Underwood.... she's got that 'wholesome-freshly-scrubbed' kinda look that Taylor Swift used to have... but VC's SPOTM blew that to crap for me with her doing the 'one eye'/OK sign... and now, Sunday Night Football has teamed her up with Joan Jett... to 'dirty her up' a little bit, I suppose...
...I've never heard of this guy, but Rolling Stone is calling him "independent" and an "Outlaw"... I suppose that means no record label(?)... which I would think could be key to avoiding 'the system'... however, I'd like to see the rest of his tats... don't care for that 'skull' ring... and on his right arm... is that two naked children?... can't tell...

Cody Jinks Cancels Texas Concert Over ‘Threat of Violence’

Outlaw-country singer was to perform in Nacogdoches, Texas, on Saturday night
By JOSEPH HUDAK

Country singer Cody Jinks was forced to cancel a concert in Texas on Saturday night after an unspecified "threat of violence."

Cody Jinks, the independent country singer who has built a rabid fan base with his straightforward lyricism and classic-country sound, canceled his concert slated for Saturday night in Nacogdoches, Texas, because of an unspecified “threat of violence.”

The Texas native announced the cancellation via a series of tweets two hours before the ticketed start time. According to Jinks, he and the band were loaded in and ready to play at the Nacogdoches County Exposition & Civic Center.

“It’s with much regret & aggravation that we have to cancel the show in Nacogdoches, Texas tonight. We are here, set up, and ready, but we have been notified that there has been a threat of violence issued for tonight’s show,” he wrote.

“Local official along with federal officials are trying to track down the person who issued the threat, but haven’t just yet,” he continued. “So, in good conscience, my team and I have decided to postpone the show this evening in Nacogdoches.”

A rep for Jinks had no further comment. The Texas band Flatland Calvary were slated to open the concert.

According to KETK in Tyler, Texas, law enforcement said the threat was called in to the Expo Center on Saturday morning and referenced “doing violence during the concert.”

“The safety for our fans, friends, and staff is first and foremost,” Jinks tweeted. “I personally had family make long drives and paid for hotels so I understand any aggravation and frustration. We will make it up to you and keep you updated when we are able to reschedule the show.”

Jinks’ next concert is scheduled for November 7th in Albany, Georgia.

Earlier this month, Jinks released two albums, After the Fire on October 11th, and The Wanting on October 18th.

...and then... stumbled into this:
View attachment 26858

...well this shoots that "Independent/Outlaw" image all to crap... for me at least... the skull and wings are a non-starter for me...
...and this is the album cover..... "After The Fire".... (?) a 'statement' of some sort is being sent.... for sure....
...the 'quote' on the shirt "Wait the Great Teacher Death" on a search brings up some very 'dark' images... not 'esoteric' enuf (and I have trouble caring enuf) to research it out further, but it appears that even the 'independent outlaws' (this one) are compromised by the system...

1572413252177.png

Last edited:
Yes, I agree. It's not like writers and movie makers dictate how the future will be. I think they work more towards the modeling of the collective unconscious, slowly convincing people to accept certain themes and ideas that are likely to become a reality in the future. Subtle and well crafted propaganda.
As a writer... No. That's not really how it works. If you're writing science fiction, you're not trying model anything... You're presenting a future you envision, based on the current trends of society. If that future is dystopian, you're hoping that it doesn't happen even if you're not optimistic.

In MGS2's case, if you pay attention, the story leads you to think that the idea of a powerful Artificial Intelligence taking over every political and human decision, is not only inevitable, but also not as bad as it sounds. I've seen and studied that well-known Codec conversation between Raiden and Colonel Campbell, and, in my opinion, it's guided to make you embrace that idea. I have the feeling Death Stranding will be just like that or even worse.
That conversation actually lead to the opposite conclusion. The Patriots are the main antagonist of the Metal Gear franchise; the bad guys that end up defeated in the end. They aren't good. They aren't portrayed as good... Even even though Raiden ultimately kills
a man fighting them, he kills him because his methods will lead to innocent death. And then dedicates his life to fighting them.

Stina

Rookie

If you don't care about the size of the crowd you can make a living out of music by singing/playing at weddings, christenings, anniversaries, clubs, restaurants, etc. without having to get involved in the music system, just sing/play for your acquaintences or small establishments or even in the open air:

No one can stop you from making music the way you want it if you don't aim for money and glory.

tigerus

Rookie
No one can stop you from making music the way you want it if you don't aim for money and glory.
My dad was always into music. He played guitar with a lot of small time people in church bands. His claim to fame was driving Roy Clark (famous country musician from the HeeHaw days) to a local airport after a performance. I asked him what he thought of him and he said he was mean. He always told me to never go into music. I was sad because when I was younger that's really what I liked. But now that I'm older, I can see how it is and how he was right. Musicians that I've looked up to from my younger days have all crumbled down as I realize what they've signed up for and article after article comes out on VC. I don't think you can be anybody in the music business without signing on to the whole agenda.

free2018

Star

Sure, kiddo, but you have to have a good day job, so you don't have to sign a 360.
Get a great website.
Just make music.
Keep making music.
All the madness in the world could actually get you to hone your craft even more.
Just learn everything about writing music business contracts. Everything related to music is business whether you make money or not.
If you write a song with your 'cuz, that's something you need to work out as far as publishing.
When they say I sold my soul, the artists literally legally signed over their rights. Now many also do other dark things but when you sign a 360, you are giving up control of your name, your copyright, and your publishing.
I had a lady scare me when I was way younger. She saved me from a terrible 360. I would have had way more money but zero control.
Do you have a faith-based life that guides you? Can you make a living off of it?
Marketing?
You only need 1000 fans to eat off your music.