Can we sin against God in our attitude and thoughts?

floss

Star
All the time, it's in our nature. This flesh body is the walking sins.

(incoming rebukes from teh pharisees)

Lyfe

Star
All the time, it's in our nature. This flesh body is the walking sins.

(incoming rebukes from teh pharisees)
Those who say we cant sin in in our attittudes and thoughts have never had their heart and eyes opened by the holy spirit.

Lyfe

Star
I'm a very poorly Christian, as you know, but logic would imply that sin is a simple curse of humanity....
I mean to think and be purity 24/7, 365 a year is no small feat!
At least occasionally one flubs up?!
No?!
Its Satan telling you that you are a poor Christian. He is the accuser of the brethren. God convicts but Satan condemns.

Aero

Superstar
Depends if a person is in control of their own thoughts or not.

Lyfe

Star
Depends if a person is in control of their own thoughts or not.
I believe it falls under sin when we entertain or embrace thoughts contrary to God, or come into agreement with things that God disagrees with.

We all have involuntary thoughts and dispositions towards any given thing.

Aero

Superstar
I believe it falls under sin when we entertain or embrace thoughts contrary to God, or come into agreement with things that God disagrees with.

We all have involuntary thoughts and dispositions towards any given thing.
At least you are consistent with the archaic type of thinking.

I highly doubt God cares. The world is in fact a secular shit hole. With corrupt officials around every corner.

Lyfe

Star
At least you are consistent with the archaic type of thinking.

I highly doubt God cares. The world is in fact a secular shit hole. With corrupt officials around every corner.
Well would it offend and grieve you if you could probe into peoples minds and all you saw was selfishness and dwelling on material things that dont matter?

Aero

Superstar
Well would it offend and grieve you if you could probe into peoples minds and all you saw was selfishness and dwelling on material things that dont matter?
Not if I created the wretches of the world

threepwood

Rookie
Hi,
as long as we are in the flesh, there is no escaping sin. But as Christians, we aren't held accountable, as long we condemn such thoughts and actions.
So.. in regard to thoughts and attitude, i'd rather call it "grieving the holy spirit" (according to Ephesians 4,30).

Kind regards,
threepwood