Can men and women be co-workers or friends?

Lisa

Superstar
The consequences of the me too movement? Or should we ask the question, should men and women work together? Can they work together without the sex thing getting in the way? Like the YouTuber says, men are able to joke with one another and touch one another without anyone thinking it wrong, but with a women you have to be careful.

I remember watching the movie When Harry met Sally and the movie brings up a good point, can men and women be friends? Harry (Billy Crystal) initially brings up that the sex part always get’s in the way, then he and Sally (Meg Ryan) meet later and he tries to show that he’s changed his mind on the subject, but he hasn’t...

Harry Burns: Would you like to have dinner?... Just friends.
Sally Albright: I thought you didn't believe men and women could be friends.
Harry Burns: When did I say that?
Sally Albright: On the ride to New York.
Harry Burns: No, no, no, I never said that... Yes, that's right, they can't be friends. Unless both of them are involved with other people, then they can... This is an amendment to the earlier rule. If the two people are in relationships, the pressure of possible involvement is lifted... That doesn't work either, because what happens then is, the person you're involved with can't understand why you need to be friends with the person you're just friends with. Like it means something is missing from the relationship and why do you have to go outside to get it? And when you say "No, no, no it's not true, nothing is missing from the relationship," the person you're involved with then accuses you of being secretly attracted to the person you're just friends with, which you probably are. I mean, come on, who the hell are we kidding, let's face it. Which brings us back to the earlier rule before the amendment, which is men and women can't be friends.

I think the generations before us were smarter in this area than we are honestly, where they were wanting to keep the sexes separate, maybe they understood that men and women can’t be friends or co-workers without the sex thing getting in the way? Is this also a consequence of feminism and today’s thinking that women can do anything a man can do and can be better than men, when we are just different than men?

Dalit

Star
The consequences of the me too movement? Or should we ask the question, should men and women work together? Can they work together without the sex thing getting in the way? Like the YouTuber says, men are able to joke with one another and touch one another without anyone thinking it wrong, but with a women you have to be careful.

I remember watching the movie When Harry met Sally and the movie brings up a good point, can men and women be friends? Harry (Billy Crystal) initially brings up that the sex part always get’s in the way, then he and Sally (Meg Ryan) meet later and he tries to show that he’s changed his mind on the subject, but he hasn’t...

Harry Burns: Would you like to have dinner?... Just friends.
Sally Albright: I thought you didn't believe men and women could be friends.
Harry Burns: When did I say that?
Sally Albright: On the ride to New York.
Harry Burns: No, no, no, I never said that... Yes, that's right, they can't be friends. Unless both of them are involved with other people, then they can... This is an amendment to the earlier rule. If the two people are in relationships, the pressure of possible involvement is lifted... That doesn't work either, because what happens then is, the person you're involved with can't understand why you need to be friends with the person you're just friends with. Like it means something is missing from the relationship and why do you have to go outside to get it? And when you say "No, no, no it's not true, nothing is missing from the relationship," the person you're involved with then accuses you of being secretly attracted to the person you're just friends with, which you probably are. I mean, come on, who the hell are we kidding, let's face it. Which brings us back to the earlier rule before the amendment, which is men and women can't be friends.

I think the generations before us were smarter in this area than we are honestly, where they were wanting to keep the sexes separate, maybe they understood that men and women can’t be friends or co-workers without the sex thing getting in the way? Is this also a consequence of feminism and today’s thinking that women can do anything a man can do and can be better than men, when we are just different than men?
I think it depends re men and women as friends. I feel I work better with men and it's not an issue there. However, it has been dicey in my personal life. The answer isn't segregation of the sexes yet both need to guard their hearts. Had a huge crush on a friend and had to be careful not to be spend much time with him because he didn't feel the same way. But honestly, I love having guy friends, as long as I don't get super attracted to them. :) As a Christian, if you try to see all men as brothers, that can help.