Can all souls be saved?

I AM NOT CHASSIDY!
Serious inquiry here.
As someone who has been removed from religion for a long time, I'm left wondering can my soul be saved, too?
Is living a moral, responsible, decent life, not enough to be saved?
What will it take to get there? How can I repent?
Thanks for any and all input!

Last edited:

Lyfe

Star
All have sinned and all are under sin. There is not one good, no not one. The standard in which God will judge by is his law and commandments. If you have ever lied, taken his name in vain, coveted, stolen, committed adultery(looked upon a woman with lust counts), or murdered(hate is murder) then it is already on your record and there is nothing or nobody that can remove it other than Christ. Gods standard is perfection. We are either dead in trespasses and sins or we have been covered by the perfect imputed righteousness of Christ. There is no in between as the Bible is very clear that there is not one that is good and that all men need to be saved from this fate and sentencing.

Thank you, Lyfe.
I am a sinner and I fight temptation will the time. But I try to stay on a righteous path but don't know how to cleanse myself to be received by the Lord.
I am working on it.
Thank you so much for your input.

Lyfe

Star
Thank you, Lyfe.
I am a sinner and I fight temptation will the time. But I try to stay on a righteous path but don't know how to cleanse myself to be received by the Lord.
I am working on it.
I would watch that video then. It explains what salvation is, how to be saved, and why we ABSOLUTELY need it to be right with God and be cleared of the condemnation our sin brings. If you don't know then it will be the most important video of your life.

Thank you, Lyfe.
I am working on it.
There is always a battle with the believer, there is no battle with the unsaved. Read Paul's battle and victory in Romans Chapters 7 and 8. along with Galatians Chapter 5.

Lyfe

Star
One thing the body of Christ desperately needs to denounce and battle against is the concept of universal salvation and the idea that everyone goes to heaven. Its eternally dangerous. Jesus said that wide is the gate that leads to destruction and MANY there be which go in thereat, and narrow is the way that leads to life and FEW there be that find it. If you speak to most people who identify as Christian they dont really believe the gospel or what scripture teaches. They still hold to the idea that good people go to heaven and that most are not in danger of being cast into hell.

Alanantic

Established
”When true wisdom dawns the mind realises its nature of Self-sufficiency and turns back to...the Source of Consciousness and rests as one with it in peace. This is the salvation of the individual, where the individual merges itself into the Infinite Consciousness and exists as the Absolute.” – Moksha Gita

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones." -- Marcus Aurelius

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. “ -- Lucius Annaeus Seneca

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe." -- Carl Sagan

pescatarian09

Veteran
Anybody who submits to God, recognising that He alone is the Creator and Sustainer of all that is in existence, and tries their utmost best to lead a responsible and righteous life, is rewarded by God for their goodness.

Whoever directs himself wholly to God and does good work has grasped the surest handhold, for the outcome of everything is with God.
(Quran, 31:22)

In the creation of the heavens and earth; in the alternation of night and day; in the ships that sail the seas with goods for people; in the water which God sends down from the sky to give life to the earth when it has been barren, scattering all kinds of creatures over it; in the changing of the winds and clouds that run their appointed courses between the sky and earth: there are signs in all these for those who use their minds.
(Quran, 2:164)

Those who avoid the major sins and immoralities, only [committing] slight ones. Indeed, your Lord is vast in forgiveness. He was most knowing of you when He produced you from the earth and when you were fetuses in the wombs of your mothers. So do not claim yourselves to be pure; He is most knowing of who fears Him.
(Quran, 53:32)

Keep up the prayer, my son; command what is right; forbid what is wrong; bear anything that happens to you steadfastly: these are things to be aspired to. Do not turn your nose up at people, nor walk about the place arrogantly, for God does not love arrogant or boastful people.
(Quran, 31:17-18)

God does not burden any soul with more than it can bear: each gains whatever good it has done, and suffers its bad- ‘ Lord, do not take us to task if we forget or make mistakes. Lord, do not burden us as You burdened those before us. Lord, do not burden us with more than we have strength to bear. Pardon us, forgive us, and have mercy on us. You are our Protector, so help us against the disbelievers.’
(Quran, 2:286)

seekinheart

Veteran
When true wisdom dawns the mind realises its nature of Self-sufficiency and turns back to...the Source of Consciousness and rests as one with it in peace. This is the salvation of the individual, where the individual merges itself into the Infinite Consciousness and exists as the Absolute.” – Moksha Gita

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones." -- Marcus Aurelius

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. “ -- Lucius Annaeus Seneca

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe." -- Carl Sagan
all of these quotes particularly the first one is a belief system within itself.

science is a religion also. Carl sagan is a douche.

shankara

Veteran
”When true wisdom dawns the mind realises its nature of Self-sufficiency and turns back to...the Source of Consciousness and rests as one with it in peace. This is the salvation of the individual, where the individual merges itself into the Infinite Consciousness and exists as the Absolute.” – Moksha Gita

Man thankyou for that Marcus Aurelius quote, I'm sure that the demiurge trembled in his boots when he heard that one.

Todd

Star
One thing the body of Christ desperately needs to denounce and battle against is the concept of universal salvation and the idea that everyone goes to heaven. Its eternally dangerous. Jesus said that wide is the gate that leads to destruction and MANY there be which go in thereat, and narrow is the way that leads to life and FEW there be that find it. If you speak to most people who identify as Christian they dont really believe the gospel or what scripture teaches. They still hold to the idea that good people go to heaven and that most are not in danger of being cast into hell.
There is a difference between going to heaven and the salvation of the soul. The Bible says we will live in eternity on a new earth, not in heaven. Universal Reconciliation is a bilbical doctrine. UR doesn't negate hell as place of suffering, weeping and gnashing of teeth. UR only negate the religious doctrine of men, that states God will infinitely torture men for finite sins.

Every soul will be eventually reconciled with God. The few that find life, that Jesus was referring to, are those who experience salvation (freedom from the power of sin) in the age we are currently in. If every soul is not saved in the ages to come, then Jesus failed in his mission, as He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not only for ours, but also for those of the whole world. 1 John 2:2

seekinheart

Veteran
There is a difference between going to heaven and the salvation of the soul. The Bible says we will live in eternity on a new earth, not in heaven. Universal Reconciliation is a bilbical doctrine. UR doesn't negate hell as place of suffering, weeping and gnashing of teeth. UR only negate the religious doctrine of men, that states God will infinitely torture men for finite sins.

Every soul will be eventually reconciled with God. The few that find life, that Jesus was referring to, are those who experience salvation (freedom from the power of sin) in the age we are currently in. If every soul is not saved in the ages to come, then Jesus failed in his mission, as He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not only for ours, but also for those of the whole world. 1 John 2:2
explain the rich man who begged for water in hades

Hubert

Established
The idea of an eternal, omniscient, being handing out eternal punishment for finite crimes seems dubious. I wouldn't worry to much and just try to live a good life.

Lyfe

Star

The Bible states without repentance and absolute conviction that there is only one way to heaven. That is either a TRUE or FALSE statement, but nonetheless it is an ABSOLUTE one at that. It leaves no room for the hearer to speculate. The Bible says that God is not a man that he should lie, or son of man that he should repent. The word of God cannot lie.

Now if true no matter how seemingly wise the wisdom and philosophy or belief may appear at face value it is ultimately worthless and still leaves you in your sins. The Bible says that the wisdom of the world is foolishness to God and that the world through its wisdom DID not know God. God is holy. His presence and kingdom will forever remain perfect, undefiled, and uncorrupted by sinful man. The only way to enter into his domain is through the blood of Jesus Christ which taketh away the sin of the world. No matter how seemingly good you believe yourself to be you are still a sinner and have a record of transgression stating that you have violated Gods law, a certificate of debt. The Bible says that God will by no means he will acquit the guilty(Nahum 1:3) and according to the law the world is shutup in guilt before God(Romans 3:19).

Ps 9:7 But the LORD shall endure for ever: he hath prepared his throne for judgment.
Ps 9:8 And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness.

God abounds in tender mercies and is rich in steadfast love, but he is also a God of perfect justice. We will either appear naked before God in our sin on judgment day, or they will have already been removed from us by the blood of Jesus which cleanses from ALL unrighteousness.

Lyfe

Star
Anybody who submits to God, recognising that He alone is the Creator and Sustainer of all that is in existence, and tries their utmost best to lead a responsible and righteous life, is rewarded by God for their goodness.

Whoever directs himself wholly to God and does good work has grasped the surest handhold, for the outcome of everything is with God.
(Quran, 31:22)

In the creation of the heavens and earth; in the alternation of night and day; in the ships that sail the seas with goods for people; in the water which God sends down from the sky to give life to the earth when it has been barren, scattering all kinds of creatures over it; in the changing of the winds and clouds that run their appointed courses between the sky and earth: there are signs in all these for those who use their minds.
(Quran, 2:164)

Those who avoid the major sins and immoralities, only [committing] slight ones. Indeed, your Lord is vast in forgiveness. He was most knowing of you when He produced you from the earth and when you were fetuses in the wombs of your mothers. So do not claim yourselves to be pure; He is most knowing of who fears Him.
(Quran, 53:32)

Keep up the prayer, my son; command what is right; forbid what is wrong; bear anything that happens to you steadfastly: these are things to be aspired to. Do not turn your nose up at people, nor walk about the place arrogantly, for God does not love arrogant or boastful people.
(Quran, 31:17-18)

God does not burden any soul with more than it can bear: each gains whatever good it has done, and suffers its bad- ‘ Lord, do not take us to task if we forget or make mistakes. Lord, do not burden us as You burdened those before us. Lord, do not burden us with more than we have strength to bear. Pardon us, forgive us, and have mercy on us. You are our Protector, so help us against the disbelievers.’
(Quran, 2:286)
My question is. Why do Muslims try to dispute Christians so fervently on the divinity and mission of Christ when according to their belief in who Jesus was it doesnt even affect their salvation? To the Christian the Muslim must accept and come to an understanding of Jesus and his mission as it is wholly reliant on their salvation, but according to your belief a Christians view of Jesus has no bearing on their salvation for as long as they do good they will still enter into the paradise of God.

Lyfe

Star
The idea of an eternal, omniscient, being handing out eternal punishment for finite crimes seems dubious. I wouldn't worry to much and just try to live a good life.
You have look at the Bible and determine whether these things be or true or false for such statements can only be TRUE or FALSE. Every statement is either true or false. The Bible speaks of a second death for all those not recorded in the book of life.

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

The Bible details that the lake of fire is a place of conscious torment. These things are either true or false and with all true and false statements opinions are irrelevant as they cant change the reality.

Hubert

Established
You have look at the Bible and determine whether these things be or true or false for such statements can only be TRUE or FALSE. Every statement is either true or false. The Bible speaks of a second death for all those not recorded in the book of life.

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

The Bible details that the lake of fire is a place of conscious torment. These things are either true or false and with all true and false statements opinions are irrelevant as they cant change the reality.
If you are asking what I believe, I believe these statements are factually false. Since they are also unknowable, belief and reason are our only guidepost. I'm sure that you believe that the bible is God's divine word, but I see no reason to believe that.

Lyfe

Star
If you are asking what I believe, I believe these statements are factually false. Since they are also unknowable, belief and reason are our only guidepost. I'm sure that you believe that the bible is God's divine word, but I see no reason to believe that.
You will find out at the end of your life, but like I said the Bible is either true or false. Nothing can change that...