Came across this interesting article

NcherieAmour

Rookie
It's not "new news", but at least this article points out some change that is happening because of the exposure. What is still sad is that the corporations that are changing are only changing to take advantage of the upcoming change in consumerism based on this information. For example, Chick-Fil-A (who has the most credibility) will enjoy months and possibly years of increased profit from being the 'trailblazer' that shifted to using antibiotic free chicken before all of the other big chain restaurants that serve chicken. I'm suspicious that is what drives their decision to change versus actual concern for the consumer, especially the chicken farms that were surely aware of this information long before now.

Maes17

Superstar
Yeah,

Giving animals all these antibiotics and stuff before it hits the pantry has been around for quite some time.

A lot of foods/snacks are processed with some type of genetic engineering.

It's a small part in the current status of health.
The way food is processed along with emissions and such in the air/water.

Aero

Superstar
I agree with the conclusion of the article. And I see the same thing happening in a lot of industries and the Government. Where a lot of old methods like antibiotics don't work anymore. Policies that don't do much, but someone made a good sales pitch. How can the public not see beyond that? That's the real issue for me anyway.

Companies are only changing their ways because of consumer outrage. So I'm like, why do we need to rage out? Seriously though. I don't understand why we can't just have smart policies. It's like the top 1% are happy shitting on themselves. They don't care if they leave the world in shambles. They are planning to escape on an alien spaceship or something. Or maybe when the shit hits the fan they expect to grow demon wings and fly away.

Helioform

Star
This article shows why eating meat is no longer viable anymore because it is not sustainable with all the population growth.

Those practices are used because food production has been industrialized and the animal population to feed us is too large to handle without using some sort of chemical control.

I think we will have to become vegans or vegetarians or we will die off faster due to various diseases.