Call me by your name

morita

Veteran
Anyone seen the movie? I couldn't watch it beacuse it looked so corny.
Both actors are adults but one looks like a teen and the other one looks like he's in his early 30s which I find really disturbing. And to think those are old disheveled white men behind the scenes directing and editing...

I'm not saying it's 100% sure that there is an agenda behind it to normalize p***philia but still.

What do you guys think?

The Reader (2008), Malena (2000), Notes on a Scandal (2006)

These are films where the woman is on the adult side. In this way it seems "less" disturbing to the people. But of course women don't have such fantasies (usually). These are the fantasies of the pederast elites behind these films. Mostly used child actors older than 15 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Man/Boy_Love_Association
There are such organizations. Their goals gradually reduce the age of sexual consent (up to zero)

https://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/will-ferrell-made-a-comedy-skit-about-child-trafficking-and-it-is-disgusting-video/
These "romantic" movies with attractive women like Kate Winslet and Cate Blanchett... But there are these psycho pervs behind them.

Yes, I've seen it and found it very disturbing. In the film the boy is supposed to be 17 and the man 24 but in real life the 24yr old was in his 30s.
In the film they do everything they can to portray him as a boy - making him carry around this childish rucksack, lay in his mums lap and be read to and then cry after the man sleeps with him and leaves him for to marry a woman.. all of this the parents were encouraging of - it was sickening. I asked fans of the film to explain it to me - they think its not a big age gap and that in those days 17 was more mature but he clearly wasn't.. he had some talent with music but that doesn't mean he is mature enough to be in a sexual relationship with a man https://www.reddit.com/r/callmebyyourname/comments/dc1rib

neptunejoo

Established
I did watch the movie, I listened to the audiobook. How the perverse things always wrapped in honey and sweet. They casted perfect actors to do it, who actually willing to do it. Timothee walks around spouting about toxic masculinity. So yeah, he is part of it. Part of them. Last Halloween he dressed as a cannibal.

It got me curious, if people want to join; they got to involve with paedophilia, cannibalism, and anti-masculity. Three biggest agenda.

His Jewish blood makes me wonder, if he is a true Jew, is homosexual forbidden in this tradition? But most Jews don't practice nowadays. Even the tradition is full of wisdom.

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
Your Name is derived from some manga or anime stuff, so yeah, japanese are pervs regarding this. From the 3 movies cited above I've only seen Malena, I saw it as a kid and found it creepy.

Some acquaitances of mine really enjoyed your name, but they are also pro-abortion (not pro choice, it's pro abortion really) and also enjoy kpop so yeah, there might be something to it

EDIT: I goofed this and mistook the movie "Your name" with the other movie "Call me by your name". Nevermind guys.

Last edited:

morita

Veteran
https://medium.com/@puentera/the-problem-with-call-me-by-your-name-a8369de0b489
The fact that the author of the book is a straight man only complicates any possible analysis, and raises the question of if, maybe, the choice to portray a teenager “falling” for a man seven year older was caused by the prejudiced idea that LGBTQ people are predatory; or by straight men’s own tendency to prey on inexperienced teenagers and see nothing wrong with it.

I’d hoped that the response to “Call Me By Your Name” would be of swift condemnation or, at the very least, the start of a sincere discussion of how often isolated and closeted kids find themselves in unsafe situations when attempting to explore their sexuality.

And, just like we criticize heterosexual romances for normalizing and romanticizing abuse, we should be able to apply this same criteria to gay media.

Maybe the most controversial part of the “it’s legal and so it’s okay” argument is the fact that age of consent laws are often frail and even illogical constructs.What’s important to remember is that the law is not the end-all-be-all of morality, and that something being legal doesn’t magically make it right.

LGBTQ kids are particularly endangered, especially closeted youth. Though not every LGBTQ teenager will find themselves isolated and without resources, it’s still a common experience, and one that can be exploited.

neptunejoo

Established
Let us pretend I didn't goofed this and mistook the movie "Call me by your name" for the movie "Your Name"
Hey. I watched Your Name anime too. But I didn't pick up the perversion. I wonder what u meant by that. I don't even remember the plot. But I remember I was so impressed with the animation.

Dalit

Star
The Reader (2008), Malena (2000), Notes on a Scandal (2006)

These are films where the woman is on the adult side. In this way it seems "less" disturbing to the people. But of course women don't have such fantasies (usually). These are the fantasies of the pederast elites behind these films. Mostly used child actors older than 15 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Man/Boy_Love_Association
There are such organizations. Their goals gradually reduce the age of sexual consent (up to zero)

https://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/will-ferrell-made-a-comedy-skit-about-child-trafficking-and-it-is-disgusting-video/
These "romantic" movies with attractive women like Kate Winslet and Cate Blanchett... But there are these psycho pervs behind them.
The Reader was extremely disturbing. This theme is all over movies and literature though. Coming of age stories usually involve an older man/younger woman or older woman/younger man or older man/younger man? Exchange man for boy or young woman for girl and that's more accurate. :-(

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
Hey. I watched Your Name anime too. But I didn't pick up the perversion. I wonder what u meant by that. I don't even remember the plot. But I remember I was so impressed with the animation.
Nevermind that, I goofed things up and ended up mixing "Call me by your name" and "Your name". Some people I know used to talk about both of them and things got cofunsing

DarkAndWild

Established
Anyone seen the movie? I couldn't watch it beacuse it looked so corny.
Both actors are adults but one looks like a teen and the other one looks like he's in his early 30s which I find really disturbing. And to think those are old disheveled white men behind the scenes directing and editing...

I'm not saying it's 100% sure that there is an agenda behind it to normalize p***philia but still.

What do you guys think?
CMBYN definitely has pedophilloic undertones to it, personally I’ve seen the film and read the book, out of curiosity. But I can tell you for certain that the author is the epitome of fucked up. The book is filled with graphic descriptions, from the main character Oliver even “offing” himself with a peach while the other protagonist proceeds to eat it,

Something that was mine was in his mouth, more his than mine now. I don't know what happened to me at that moment as I kept staring at him, but suddenly I had a fierce urge to cry.

to the sexualizing of human feces- yes

We had never taken a shower together. We had never even been in the same bathroom together. "Don't flush," I'd said, "I want to look." What I saw brought out strains of compassion for him, for his body, for his life, which suddenly seemed so frail and vulnerable. "Our bodies won't have secrets now," I said as I took my turn and sat down. He hopped into the bathtub and was just about to turn on the shower. "I want you to see mine, I said. He did more. He stepped out, kissed me on the mouth, and, pressing and massaging my tummy with the flat of his palm, watched the whole thing happen.
But that’s not even the worst of it, turns out the author is
indeed a p***phile

According to this Spanish interview he did recently in November about his new book :

4AFBEBBD-B19B-4A49-BA61-7577D35B2812.png

In short yes, call me by your name is in fact a novel and film normalizing p***philia and calling it “ART”