Caliph Donald Trump and the rise of the Christian Taliban.

I've lately been thinking that maybe, religious leaders have been asked to perpetuate this image of Trump.(think: Jim Bakker)

I think the message of the billboard would still have resonated without his face on it.
To what end? I agree though, I could give probably a hundred examples of religious figures going back at least two years indicating that Trump is God’s chosen one. He has been compared to Old Testament Kings, and a significant portion of his supporters believe he will start the apocalypse.

Karlysymon

Superstar
To what end? I agree though, I could give probably a hundred examples of religious figures going back at least two years indicating that Trump is God’s chosen one. He has been compared to Old Testament Kings, and a significant portion of his supporters believe he will start the apocalypse.
That’s a good question. The way I rationalized it, is that it’s one giant, elaborate game by the PTB. To me, this further lends weight to the argument that the embassy move was meant to take place at the moment that it did (in 2018, on Israel’s 70th anniversary), despite some people believing that previous presidents just sat on their hands, merely reluctant.

The embassy move was a big deal, most especially to the evangelical crowd because of the eschatological undertones. So, naturally the person (Trump, in this case) who would make that a reality has to be portrayed as some sort of ‘anointed of God’. This, despite the fact that Trump doesn’t come across as a religious person and I’ve only seen one incidence of him on the campaign trail, in church wielding a bible. Or the fact that his speech at AIPAC, where he made that promise, was written by pretty much AIPAC.**

Some of the policies in regard to the Israel-Palestine question are, simply put, unpalatable so the average televangelist is called upon to sell the policy from the pulpit, to make it more palatable. Some of those mega pastors are spooks,^^ and the nexus of politics, intelligence and religion is real and goes back decades. In a previous post, I said that the embassy move was as much political as it was religious. And I don’t think its by accident that he’s being portrayed that way. I just think that some of his future policies for the MiddleEast demand that a significant portion of the population be conditioned to view him as some sort of Messiah and your average televangelist is on hand and is well suited to do the conditioning.

**The speeches of speakers at AIPAC are said to be written by "AIPAC"and it wasn't any different with Trump's. (Religion and Politics collide)

Edit: A while back, you posted a Patheos link and i followed it and found this in another article, that sure made me chuckle:

"You claimed Barack Obama’s election was the result of evil forces, but the minute Trump was sworn into office you started quoting verses about how “God picks a nation’s kings and queens.”

Last edited:

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
When the world comes against Israel God is going to battle for Israel.
God does not go to battle. God is the commander and creator of all. Life, death, peace, war, prosperity, suffering......... these are all merely tools at the disposal of God almighty. No one and no thing can stand against God. God does not go into battle and there is nothing that can ultimately challenge God. You are bordering on blasphemy here.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
There is a group of religious zealots with massive power making biblical scale moves to bring about the end days

Why else would Trump have made Jeruselum the capital of Isreal?
So you feel that these people are doing this out of their own, secular desires and NOT to actually bring about the end days?

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
So you admit that these people are doing this out of their own, secular desires and NOT to actually bring about the end days?
The end of days does not get to happen till God says so. I think there are foolish people of all faiths who might try to push events in a direction that their particular beliefs lead them to.

God is sovereign, nothing will happen to this world without His consent.

TokiEl

Superstar
God does not go to battle. God is the commander and creator of all. Life, death, peace, war, prosperity, suffering......... these are all merely tools at the disposal of God almighty. No one and no thing can stand against God. God does not go into battle and there is nothing that can ultimately challenge God. You are bordering on blasphemy here.
Have you heard about the Commander of the Host of the Lord ?

That is Jesus Christ at the helm of His angelic army.

Tremble.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2018/7/18/17586516/jeff-sharlet-maria-butrina-national-prayer-breakfast-the-family

^ from this summer but this is the real power in DC and Jeff lays out pretty clear here.

From the article

“The Family fits into a different point of view, called postmillenialism. And this is this idea that Christ isn’t coming back until we establish a world Christian order for a thousand years. The Family uses it to pursue what they describe as the long-term goal of 200 world leaders, united quietly through the Family and their devotion to Jesus as the Family understands him.”

Last edited:

z gharib

Veteran
MIRACLE!
God Declares Swamp Drained at Mar-a-Lago Super PAC Fundraiser

God told attendees of a political fundraising event at Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate last month that the president is, indeed, draining the swamp.

The message was enthusiastically passed on by an evangelical pastor attending the lavish late November gathering for the American Pro-Israel PAC, a new pro-Trump political group courting donors with an assist from the president himself.

“The first thing He had me say is ‘Moses is dead,’” Pastor Curt Landry recalled telling attendees in a YouTube video posted last week. “What that means to us is that the swamp is dead. The way of doing things in the old way, in the swamp, the swamp is dead.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/god-declares-swamp-drained-at-mar-a-lago-super-pac-fundraiser

Damien50

Star
https://www.playboy.com/read/pat-robertson-s-truth-or-why-kleptocracy-and-theocracy-make-good-bedfellows

How Pat Robertson supported a brutal dictator in order to enrich himself while pretending to help refugees flee genocide.

This is why Christian Fundamentalism is the biggest threat to freedom.
We have to call out how politics is bullshit theatrics with an agenda to begin with. Human greed seems to be the biggest threat to freedom rather than belief systems that people claim rather than live by

We have to call out how politics is bullshit theatrics with an agenda to begin with. Human greed seems to be the biggest threat to freedom rather than belief systems that people claim rather than live by
True and I absolutely agree with the greed part. However the Christian Right is a fusion of greed and religion, and something I will definitely call out as heresy.

Damien50

Star
True and I absolutely agree with the greed part. However the Christian Right is a fusion of greed and religion, and something I will definitely call out as heresy.
Still part of a larger false paradigm that preys on the goodwill of the ignorant under the guise of Christianity. I can separate religion from politics to know these people aren't who they say they are but the majority don't even try to they look for affirmations of someone that holds their values or beliefs and pays lip service but they are not looking at their actions and what those actions create

This is a corrupt system that uses whatever means necessary to satisfy the agenda.