California: 1st State To Teach LGBT Curriculum — to Second Graders

justjess

Superstar
The other day in downtown Toronto their was a billboard advertising the app SQUIRT with a picture of a bunch of young men shirtless. I found it really odd. Once I got home and researched it the app was about gay anonymous hookups, casual sex, and friends with benefits. Absolute filth. There are apps like this for straight people, I'm sure but I have never seen it advertised like this before.
Tinder. Watch shameless, youll be horrified in more ways than one

yiksmes

Established
Yeah not really though... i had to explain it to my son when he was 8 because his aunt was marrying a woman, there was no mention of sex and he didnt ask about it. He thought them kissing was gross but thats about it. He took it well and didnt become gay as a result.
You got off lucky =) When there's more than one, thats when the questions start firing in:D

yiksmes

Established
It's not fair if a man is not attracted to women for him to marry a woman. If he is constantly struggling with staying with her and combating his homosexual feelings then he should not be in a relationship with a woman.
I don't know, i just understood the message as he is fighting same sex attraction, maybe he is bi and attracted to women too. I don't know those details in deep, but its on youtube i think. I watched few vids about him long time ago and wanted to mention him for some time. If you interested i'll try find the channel.

justjess

Superstar
You got off lucky =) When there's more than one, thats when the questions start firing in:D
Maybe but i dont really know many 8 year olds who think of sexual things more than kissing. Its just developmentally a bit young for that.

justjess

Superstar
Believe me nothing surprises me anymore within this foolish society.
The days of saving yourself for marriage and only having one partner for life are over no matter what sexual orientation you have it seems. But it has been like that for a long time, as long as ive been alive atleast. It is what it is. Just because society says thats normal doesnt mean you have to partake, i dont and never have.

Kung Fu

Superstar
The days of saving yourself for marriage and only having one partner for life are over no matter what sexual orientation you have it seems. But it has been like that for a long time, as long as ive been alive atleast. It is what it is. Just because society says thats normal doesnt mean you have to partake, i dont and never have.
I believe the homosexual community was always pretty promiscuous, which is why HIV spread so rapidly when suddenly "appeared".

You're right there's only so much any one of us can do. I can't control what other people do or how they live their lives but I can control mine and learn from my past mistakes so my children, nephew, and nieces don't make them. I'll be educating them the best way I know how and perhaps one day the next generation will be better than the previous one.

justjess

Superstar
Kids these days are pretty impressive.. rates are down across the board

Rates are down for teen pregnancy, age of first sexual encounter is up, rate of drug use is down, amount of sexual partners is down etc.. i think the kids are doing ok.

http://recapp.etr.org/recapp/index.cfm?fuseaction=pages.StatisticsDetail&PageID=555

I think part of the promiscuity issue with homosexuals had to do with marriage and kids not being an option, id be curious to look back in ten years and see if that has changed.

Last edited:

Maes17

Superstar
Kids these days are pretty impressive.. rates are down across the board

Rates are down for teen pregnancy, drug use, age of first sexual encounter is up, rate of drug use is down, amount of sexual partners is down etc.. i think the kids are doing ok.

http://recapp.etr.org/recapp/index.cfm?fuseaction=pages.StatisticsDetail&PageID=555

I think part of the promiscuity issue with homosexuals had to do with marriage and kids not being an option, id be curious to look back in ten years and see if that has changed.
They don't go out much anymore.
Ps4's, xbox etc.

Netflix, them mobile apps, cawledge ejjucashun purrsoot(haha)

justjess

Superstar
They don't go out much anymore.
Ps4's, xbox etc.

Netflix, them mobile apps, cawledge ejjucashun purrsoot(haha)
Lol.. maybe. Honestly i just dont think its as "cool" anymore. I remember high school being clowned on constantly for NOT having sex.. my son and my nephew dont report this happening to them and look at me like im nuts when i ask. I think todays kids are just more accepting in general. If that extends to positive behaviors as well im all for it.

Even if its the electronics id much rather my 14year old be in the house playing ps4 then running around the streets getting high and having sex like soo many kids i knew at 14 did. I cant even imagine, he still seems like such a baby to me..

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Oxford University Press
Search Account Menu Menu
American Journal of Epidemiology Society for Epidemiologic Research Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health

COMPARATIVE PREVALENCE RATES OF SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES IN HETEROSEXUAL AND HOMOSEXUAL MEN
FRANKLYN N. JUDSON KENT A. PENLEY MARTHA E. ROBINSON JODIE K. SMITH
American Journal of Epidemiology, Volume 112, Issue 6, 1 December 1980, Pages 836–843, https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.aje.a113056

This study compared prevalence rates of most common sexually transmitted diseases (STD) in heterosexual and homosexual men who made respectively 12,201 and 5324 visits to an STD clinic over 18 months. Overall, homosexual men were significantly (p < 0.001) more likely than heterosexual men to have gonorrhea (30.31% vs. 19.83 %), early syphilis (1.08% vs. 0.34%) and anal warts (2.90% vs. 0.26%) but less likely to have nongonococcal urethritis (NGU) (14.63% vs. 36.40%, p < 0.001), herpes genitalis (0.93% vs. 3.65%, p < 0.001), pediculosis pubis (4.30% vs. 5.35%, p < 0.005), scabies (0.42% vs. 0.76%, p < 0.02), and genital warts (1.68% vs. 6.69%, p < 0.001). In most cases the differences in rates remained significant (p < 0.05) when corrected for age and race. It is speculated that higher rates of gonorrhea and syphilis result from a larger mean number of sexual contacts, more potential sites of infection, and more hidden and asymptomatic disease, while the lower rates of the other STD result from a lesser susceptibility of anal mucosa to the causative agent(s) of NGU, herpes genitalis, and venereal warts or from a lack of pubic apposition (pediculosis pubis).
homosexuality, prevalence studies, venereal diseases
That study and those figures represent the UK or the US?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
you know a LOT about this.

i have no ida what a bug chasing party is. im not going to Google it.

so by your definotion you are "one of them"
Your attempts at provocation are lame. I know what the documentary I viewed on the topic plainly stated, and it contradicts everything you have been typing. But go ahead, ignore the substance of my post, because you cant deal with it....... stick to the lil kid insults, seems to suit your mentality better.

justjess

Superstar
The us i presume since its a john hopkins study. Oxford press would just be the publishing house.

Maes17

Superstar
Lol.. maybe. Honestly i just dont think its as "cool" anymore. I remember high school being clowned on constantly for NOT having sex.. my son and my nephew dont report this happening to them and look at me like im nuts when i ask. I think todays kids are just more accepting in general. If that extends to positive behaviors as well im all for it.

Even if its the electronics id much rather my 14year old be in the house playing ps4 then running around the streets getting high and having sex like soo many kids i knew at 14 did. I cant even imagine, he still seems like such a baby to me..
I know the feeling.
I never went out much either. I was one of those serious student-athletes.

Especially hockey. That's my passion. I made sure to keep my good grades to get the ccm tacks skates and sticks. That's when I got knowledgeable about nutrition and stuff. So it is good for your kids to stay in.

The "cool" kids are no longer cool

I was in about third grade when I learned what gay people were. Was basically told that sometimes, that some men like other men and some women like other women, like my mother and father like each other... Perhaps I learned younger since my parents had a lesbian that worked for us and I was wondering why she was my mother's age and not married... And I grew up fine.

A kid learning that gay or trans people exist aren't going to magically want to become gay or trans. I mean, just because I was aware of the existence of homosexuality before puberty didn't mean that I ever had the desire to be with a man.

I believe the homosexual community was always pretty promiscuous, which is why HIV spread so rapidly when suddenly "appeared".

You're right there's only so much any one of us can do. I can't control what other people do or how they live their lives but I can control mine and learn from my past mistakes so my children, nephew, and nieces don't make them. I'll be educating them the best way I know how and perhaps one day the next generation will be better than the previous one.
The "gay community" really isn't any more or less promiscuous than straight people, as a whole... Hell, the gay friends I know actually had less sexual partners than the straight friends I had... Straight people are the majority so it means that if you're straight you have a much higher pool of potential sexual partners. AIDs exploded because of a certain segment of the gay community; the club scene. No matter what your orientation is, if you're spending your weekends looking for hook ups, you're going to get something.