Bullying and abuse in kpop and showbiz

minnie82

Superstar
i decided to open a thread to discuss about the bullying and abuse in kpop and showbiz in general , this the girl group April and their bullying scandal :

Last edited:

Vision

Veteran
:confused: Well it's sad these things happen but the real bullying comes the fans and their expectations (perfection, neutrality, always available and single, hard working performer with amazing looks, physique and talent, etc) which leads to bullying by management if these expectations are not met. This includes strict diets, overworking (i.e. milking their assets), clean record, no political movement, submission to management and all their procedures and let's not forget the satanic posing, hand gestures and the encouragement for people to idolise them as something 'above'.

The inter-group bullying does also suck!

Sibi

Star
Bom from 2NE1 was bullied for a legit medical condition.

In 2014, it was released to the public that Park had been under investigation for drug smuggling (80 amphetamine containing tablets) through international mail in the past. A package, sent by family members residing in the United States to her residing in South Korea, was stopped at Incheon International Airport customs. Park was put under investigation but was never charged. In a statement issued by YG Entertainment's Yang Hyun-suk, he spoke against the allegations of preferential treatment. He explained that the drug was illegal in South Korea but legal in the United States. She was unable to travel to the United States during that time due to her busy schedule. Park contacted her U.S. physician to refill her medication. Yang further explained that Park sought out medical care from South Korean physicians and had undergone therapy but proved to be not as effective as her treatment in the United States. In 2010, at the time of investigation, she had provided the prosecutor her medical records from her U.S. hospital confirming her diagnoses as well as ongoing treatment plan.

minnie82

Superstar
Bom from 2NE1 was bullied for a legit medical condition.

In 2014, it was released to the public that Park had been under investigation for drug smuggling (80 amphetamine containing tablets) through international mail in the past. A package, sent by family members residing in the United States to her residing in South Korea, was stopped at Incheon International Airport customs. Park was put under investigation but was never charged. In a statement issued by YG Entertainment's Yang Hyun-suk, he spoke against the allegations of preferential treatment. He explained that the drug was illegal in South Korea but legal in the United States. She was unable to travel to the United States during that time due to her busy schedule. Park contacted her U.S. physician to refill her medication. Yang further explained that Park sought out medical care from South Korean physicians and had undergone therapy but proved to be not as effective as her treatment in the United States. In 2010, at the time of investigation, she had provided the prosecutor her medical records from her U.S. hospital confirming her diagnoses as well as ongoing treatment plan.
yes i heard that, i remember also that Yg called 2ne1 ugly , what a cunt

Sibi

Star
Yes because they were not wearing makeup at the time.

" After talking about YG’s management style the next question asked was, “Did you ever have any complaints about YG?” The topic quickly changed back to looks. CL said, “We (2NE1) are a girl group. He keeps saying that we are ugly.” Lee Seung Gi was surprised and asked, “He tells you directly that you are ugly?” CL said “Yes.” CL continued, “YG came to a concert rehearsal once. When we do a rehearsal we don’t put on any makeup. He looked from afar into the screen and said ‘Ah… They are really ugly.’ In front of all the staff! I was a bit disappointed.” - Source

Great song by 2NE1 - Ugly!

I think I’m ugly
And nobody wants to love me
Just like her I wanna be pretty
I wanna be pretty
Don’t lie to my face
Tellin’ me I’m pretty
I think I’m ugly
I wanna be pretty
Don’t lie to my face
'Cause I know I’m ugly​

minnie82

Superstar

" After talking about YG’s management style the next question asked was, “Did you ever have any complaints about YG?” The topic quickly changed back to looks. CL said, “We (2NE1) are a girl group. He keeps saying that we are ugly.” Lee Seung Gi was surprised and asked, “He tells you directly that you are ugly?” CL said “Yes.” CL continued, “YG came to a concert rehearsal once. When we do a rehearsal we don’t put on any makeup. He looked from afar into the screen and said ‘Ah… They are really ugly.’ In front of all the staff! I was a bit disappointed.” - Source

I think I’m ugly
I wanna be pretty
Don’t lie to my face
Tellin’ me I’m pretty
I think I’m ugly
I wanna be pretty
Don’t lie to my face
'Cause I know I’m ugly​
yes but that was kinda rude to say

sandonthebeach

Established

I think I’m ugly
I wanna be pretty
Don’t lie to my face
Tellin’ me I’m pretty
I think I’m ugly
I wanna be pretty
Don’t lie to my face
'Cause I know I’m ugly​
BP was YG's plan to have a beautiful version of 2NE1. But BP can't compete in talent with 2NE1. YG treated 2NE1 like trash, even though they were successful.
I never thought Dara was ugly.

sandonthebeach

Established
All of them are not ugly
They weren't stunner either, but that's not the important thing. They were treated poorly by YG, including calling them "ugly" on a daily basis. 2NE1 were very talented, but since they didn't have the beauty factor, they were treated like trash and discarded when BP was ready to be launched.
Beautiful or not, the thing is, 2NE1 succeeded despite not having a visual, and still, 'til this day they're regarded as a talented group (which they were).

minnie82

Superstar
They weren't stunner either, but that's not the important thing. They were treated poorly by YG, including calling them "ugly" on a daily basis. 2NE1 were very talented, but since they didn't have the beauty factor, they were treated like trash and discarded when BP was ready to be launched.
Beautiful or not, the thing is, 2NE1 succeeded despite not having a visual, and still, 'til this day they're regarded as a talented group (which they were).
Yes Cl is a lot better rapper than Lisa or Jennie ..

sandonthebeach

Established
Yes Cl is a lot better rapper than Lisa or Jennie ..
Lisa or Jennie can't hold a candle to CL. CL is still relevant and many people regard her as one of the best rappers in Kpop. Let's see in a couple of years about the whereabouts of both Lisa or Jennie (in this regard, Lisa is more probable to stay in music than Jennie).
If it wasn't for YG, BP would have been another average group that Kpop churns out every year.

sandonthebeach

Established
that's a video about Karen Mulder,a supermodel from the 90's , she exposed the abuse in the modeling world that she went through :
It's sad but, it has been known for years, that modelling and prostitution at times, goes hand in hand and some agencies had turn out to be, just fronts for prostitution.