Building muscle

Maes17

Superstar
I made some research and turns out companies are pushing protein because they want to sell protein shakes.
(At 5:10 she talks about it. It all about business.)

This is actually the daily macros you need, you can reach your protein goals without taking supplements. I use that app called "fitbit" to track my food.
View attachment 32183
Every supplement company will push their product. That’s their money maker.
Results are achievable without supplements, but I take supplements cause I know I won’t be hitting my macros through diet alone.

Even then, having a little extra vitamins doesn’t hurt.
Glad this thread is still going and wish you all the best in a healthy lifestyle

morita

Veteran
Every supplement company will push their product. That’s their money maker.
Results are achievable without supplements, but I take supplements cause I know I won’t be hitting my macros through diet alone.
Supplement companies push high amount of protein that's impossible to reach with just whole foods.

Glad this thread is still going and wish you all the best in a healthy lifestyle
thanks

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I made some research and turns out companies are pushing protein because they want to sell protein shakes.
(At 5:10 she talks about it. It all about business.)

This is actually the daily macros you need, you can reach your protein goals without taking supplements. I use that app called "fitbit" to track my food.
View attachment 32183
Macronutrient food intake is very important, but most dont even know about it......

Dalit

Star
Macronutrient food intake is very important, but most dont even know about it......
Yes! Been tracking macros for a few days now with a meal plan designed for dialing in nutrition and keeping a good balance of moderate carbs, little more protein and fat. Down 2 lbs already and wasn't necessarily trying to lose. Just want to make a lifestyle of healthy eating, see if a couple more inches can be lost, and lower body fat percentage slightly. It's worth it.

morita

Veteran
Yes! Been tracking macros for a few days now with a meal plan designed for dialing in nutrition and keeping a good balance of moderate carbs, little more protein and fat. Down 2 lbs already and wasn't necessarily trying to lose. Just want to make a lifestyle of healthy eating, see if a couple more inches can be lost, and lower body fat percentage slightly. It's worth it.
It makes it so much easier. Nutrition is super important. The fitness blogger I posted earlier always says it's totally possible to change your body for the better without surgery but you have to fix your diet first.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Go for it!

Vixy

Star
Ive been lifting for 20 years exact this year. Am shaking from lifting tonight. Couldnt live without it! It has shaped my body to near perfection and I'll never stop. However, the protein within an hour is bs. So dont rush home, just eat protein during the day.

Dalit

Star
As crazy as this sounds, doing water aerobics with water weights, like an aqua toning class, is good, too. The weights don't seem like much, but once under the water doing biceps curls and more, they weigh twice to three times as much. Water aerobics has been surprisingly challenging and rewarding as well as better on the joints overall.

Maes17

Superstar
As crazy as this sounds, doing water aerobics with water weights, like an aqua toning class, is good, too. The weights don't seem like much, but once under the water doing biceps curls and more, they weigh twice to three times as much. Water aerobics has been surprisingly challenging and rewarding as well as better on the joints overall.
Water aerobics is a good way to do resistance training without the stress on the joints like weight training

Maes17

Superstar
Ive been lifting for 20 years exact this year. Am shaking from lifting tonight. Couldnt live without it! It has shaped my body to near perfection and I'll never stop. However, the protein within an hour is bs. So dont rush home, just eat protein during the day.
Yeah, I’m not too concerned with protein right after either

morita

Veteran
I've been eating at a surplus and doing strenght training for one month to build muscle, I'm at the fittest I've ever beens since I can remember. Not only you won't bulk up if you start training and eating a lot, your body will naturally adapt and burn calories faster.
As a result: You still look the same, you just have more body definition (less fat, more muscle). So the myth that women will magically start looking like men if they lift is officially debunked.

Maes17

Superstar
I've been eating at a surplus and doing strenght training for one month to build muscle, I'm at the fittest I've ever beens since I can remember. Not only you won't bulk up if you start training and eating a lot, your body will naturally adapt and burn calories faster.
As a result: You still look the same, you just have more body definition (less fat, more muscle). So the myth that women will magically start looking like men if they lift is officially debunked.
Me too. Put on a lot of lean mass. Starting to stall on bench though.

And women do not put on bulk unless they are taking hormones. Glad you’re not afraid to lift heavy. A lot of females are

Maes17

Superstar
Squatting 190lbs which is a tad too light for me.
So I am doing 5 sets of 10 reps to get some blood flow in the lower body and as well as some fluid to the joints from my strength routine last month.

Stay at it with workouts guys. If you were going to the gym and are doing home workouts use this as an opportunity to deload, play with high reps and give the connective tissues a chance to recover

morita

Veteran
And women do not put on bulk unless they are taking hormones. Glad you’re not afraid to lift heavy. A lot of females are
It's possible but it takes time. This youtuber I follow said it took her 2 years and 3000 calories/day to achieve this result.
florina-fitness.jpg

Maes17

Superstar
A little arm workout to try.

Alternate dumbbell curl:
35lbs x 16 reps, 40lbs x 10 reps, 50lbs x 5 reps 3 sets *each hand* use weight at your level of fitness.

Tricep rope pulldown
75lbs x 3 sets x 12 reps

Ez curl
80lbs x 3 sets x 10 reps

Close grip push ups
4 sets x 12 reps

Cross body curl
25lbs x 3 sets x 8 reps

Did this workout in my garage an hour ago.

Maes17

Superstar
No idea wtf I did this morning getting out of bed, but my shoulder popped and feels a looooot better lol