BTS discussion thread

theartbook35

Veteran
there's nothing heartbreaking in that story :

Lol, BTS didn't start with nothing.

J!n was wealthy.
J!min's family and Namjoon's family could afford to send them to some high class schools.
The rest of the guys had normal lives, except for YG who had a rough start. But even with YG, his parents somehow could afford to send him to a high school in Seoul. BTS themselves have even said they saw decent success as soon as they debuted, especially in 2014.

pan con queso

Rookie

J!n was wealthy.
J!min's family and Namjoon's family could afford to send them to some high class schools.
The rest of the guys had normal lives, except for YG who had a rough start. But even with YG, his parents somehow could afford to send him to a high school in Seoul. BTS themselves have even said they saw decent success as soon as they debuted, especially in 2014.
I heard from a former ex-worker of a kpop company that the company often lies about the pre-debut of their idols, including whether they were poor, to give an appearance that they came "from the bottom", when they had good economic support. I think he also talked about BTS, and that it served to give the public an image of "Humility".

cadiz

Star
I heard from a former ex-worker of a kpop company that the company often lies about the pre-debut of their idols, including whether they were poor, to give an appearance that they came "from the bottom", when they had good economic support. I think he also talked about BTS, and that it served to give the public an image of "Humility".
yes, they also lied about bighit being a very poor company
they were not on the big 3 but Bang Pedo worked for JYP and he already had a lot of conections

and they also filmed variety shows like "american hustle life" that was filmed in the USA with a bunch of famous rappers. so they invested a lot of money on it. Even before BT5 became big

J!n was wealthy.
Rm and Jn went overseas as foreign exchange students. Jm was into dance and Kendo. Only Sg and Tae were poor in the way you think of poverty. The rest were middle class to rich.

minnie82

Superstar

J!n was wealthy.
Jimin also went in some ballet dancer school,his parents have money to afford that

minnie82

Superstar
they were not on the big 3 but Bang Pedo worked for JYP and he already had a lot of conections

and they also filmed variety shows like "american hustle life" that was filmed in the USA with a bunch of famous rappers. so they invested a lot of money on it. Even before BT5 became big
I think it was a medium company

Their early clothing was poor but the production value of their music and the show they made weren't. Compare them to SHINe3. They had nicer clothes but the places they were filmed in weren't expensive. Btees was taking trips to Thailand, Dubai, Chicago, Los Angeles, and other places as nugus. Shine3's show pairing them with noonas was different. Taemin was walking around places that looked less like Seoul and more like a third world country. Contrast that to fourth gen groups and the shows they film.

They weaponized poverty to make fans take their underdog image and eat it up. Handmade clothes. Kidnapped by black people. Oh no. Fed chicken breasts and no rice while their surrounded by men who were missing no meals? They wanted to make sure sasaengs didn't get too close
oppar doesn't escape.
I'm glad the fans have dropped this underdog image, but it still comes back up like a broken game of hungry hungry hippos.

minnie82

Superstar
They all want out, but the hyungs are going the back way. Selling stock and preparing for a life after btees. The maknaes tried to get out the front door. They weren't signing and screws were applied until they signed.
If they were a western boy bands,i'm sure they would disbanded long time ago..but there's also kpop boy group That disbanded with no problem

theartbook35

Veteran

Yep, and all the expensive clothes and high production of their music videos when they debuted. Not to mention all the times they could be on stage back in 2014 and 2015 with some very big artists. Like, YG and NJ were on stage with Drunken Tiger, DRUNKEN EFFING TIGER many, many years ago. (Just as an aside, that whole performance with DT was amazing). They had plenty of good things going for them.

Bunnysunny

Rookie
Sorry guys. Berry and Laura are my grandparents and they refuse to take their meds. So they sometimes say stupid shit. Hope you forgive them