BTS discussion thread

I was waiting for them to appear and then it was over. The mv looks like their mocking a@mys to me but that’s just me.

Sn’ops rapping is probably the worst I have heard from him. He gave nothing, cudnt even clear his throat before recording this.

The song is very generic, I have already forgotten what it sounds like. But it does sound better than ptd, but the bar is in the basement with that song.
The song was catchy but the lyrics and video are a miss. Snoop barely dialed his rap in, they're mocking Armys as losers, and there's no btees in the video. If they took the time to make a good song, that would've had a chance at a Grammy. It's like someone took a good song and threw a word salad on and said fuck it.

minnie82

Superstar
The song was catchy but the lyrics and video are a miss. Snoop barely dialed his rap in, they're mocking Armys as losers, and there's no btees in the video. If they took the time to make a good song, that would've had a chance at a Grammy. It's like someone took a good song and threw a word salad on and said fuck it.
the sad thing is that army didn't realize that when they listen to the song

I honestly feel as though they say all that to put on a front to fool their countrymen. Because how many times have they visited the states alone in the past few years? Most of them for no reason. Ie that Anti Asian hate speech but stayed longer than the speech itself. Plus when they're in the States, you can catch them in the wild at concerts, with other artists, even Splenda was seen at a UFC fight. They just say all that bull to not appear as the traitors and sellouts they are. If they love their country so much, why are they taking their sweet time to serve but have time to make collabs and party with foreign artists that they supposedly hate so much? It ain't adding up.
They wouldn't be swimming in foreign women either if they loved Korea so much. Sg was spotted at a game too. Where are the collabs with Korean rappers and singers? JH did one with IOU but they don't work with other kpop artists. They say that they've transcended kpop and are serious artists, shitting on the genre that made them money.

the sad thing is that army didn't realize that when they listen to the song
It's obvious from the sloppy way the guy looks, his singleminded focus on the group and concert. I went to a t×t concert, and spent my day running errands and living. Didn't bake a cake, make banners or camp out at the venue. Have gone to several online events and the fun part is connecting with other fans, not slobbering over grown men who wouldn't piss on me if I caught fire.

Berrywon88

Star
Wow, their gov't really just sees them as cash cows and don't want to lose the money they bring in. This is getting ridiculous! At this rate they'll have them singing dynamite at 70 with walkers and all.
They can't do that! Those old folks would keel over the moment they started singing. How are they going to do a tour and military service? That's too much work and the military duties are intense. Will no one think of the idols?

cadiz

Star

Laura755y

Star
Eww Gross!!! You can tell in the still photo he's definitely taking a leak!
View attachment 78685
Poor tree!
You see that's why i say that low quality crack isnt good, makes "gentlmen".look like sum piece of shit. Fr, the poor tree, and my poor eyes cnt handle it any more.
Whats more gross is the two girls standing near the tree, i wish i can slap the living shit out of them, they need a reality check, its really getting out of control.

Last edited:

theartbook35

Veteran
the video should be titled Namjoon show his true color :
YG's answer to the question about plagiarism in that last clip was the only actual leadership in that whole video. NJ was trying to dodge the question and play dumb, and YG was like "Let's be adults about this".

They got that question for a reason though. They don't plagiarize but they do copy. NJ is the guiltiest, because he was the lead producer every song that they've done that's been at the center of a plagiarism accusation. NJ is just total crap at coming up with his own ideas.

There's also a rumor going around that a news media site even reported on, about the reason why they're taking a break is because NJ was too overbearing and the rest of the group had had enough. It's funny because HS is far more successful and capable as a solo artist than a member of BT5. In BT5 he's just a dance leader, which means effectively nothing considering that JM is a far better and more talented dancer than HS is. I can only imagine how different the members who actually pursue solo activities will sound and act.

I see it happening like this:
  • NJ won't do anything. He can't function as a musician outside of BT5. Too many people dislike him and don't take him seriously.
  • JM won't do anything either, except for fashion shoots. He's too lazy to produce his own music. He also can't sing anymore, (which is why he lip syncs so much) so if he did make music he'd need way too much autotune to correct his vocals.
  • JK might make an EP at the most. I don't see him doing a full length album. I don't think he's got the attention span.
  • Tae will probably release an LP but it will take him a couple years to finish it. He's reached a point where he doesn't need to do anything cause of how popular he is.
  • Jin will probably release an LP within the next couple years. Likely after military service if they make him and the rest of the guys enlist (frankly, they should, none of that favoritism crap).
  • We all know YG is gonna release a ton of music going forward.
  • We saw how HS handled being solo and it was of no surprise.

theartbook35

Veteran
YG's answer to the question about plagiarism in that last clip was the only actual leadership in that whole video. NJ was trying to dodge the question and play dumb, and YG was like "Let's be adults about this".

They got that question for a reason though. They don't plagiarize but they do copy. NJ is the guiltiest, because he was the lead producer every song that they've done that's been at the center of a plagiarism accusation. NJ is just total crap at coming up with his own ideas.

There's also a rumor going around that a news media site even reported on, about the reason why they're taking a break is because NJ was too overbearing and the rest of the group had had enough. It's funny because HS is far more successful and capable as a solo artist than a member of BT5. In BT5 he's just a dance leader, which means effectively nothing considering that JM is a far better and more talented dancer than HS is. I can only imagine how different the members who actually pursue solo activities will sound and act.

• NJ won't do anything. He can't function as a musician outside of BT5. Too many people dislike him and don't take him seriously.
  • JM won't do anything either, except for fashion shoots. He's too lazy to produce his own music. He also can't sing anymore, (which is why he lip syncs so much) so if he did make music he'd need way too much autotune to correct his vocals.
  • JK might make an EP at the most. I don't see him doing a full length album. I don't think he's got the attention span.
  • Tae will probably release an LP but it will take him a couple years to finish it. He's reached a point where he doesn't need to do anything cause of how popular he is.
  • Jin will probably release an LP within the next couple years. Likely after military service if they make him and the rest of the guys enlist (frankly, they should, none of that favoritism crap).
Can you post the article about Rm? What do you think about Jh's solo debut? Thanks! It was very interesting reading your post. Especially the part about who will or won't have a debut solo.

theartbook35

Veteran
Can you post the article about Rm? What do you think about Jh's solo debut? Thanks! It was very interesting reading your post. Especially the part about who will or won't have a debut solo.
It was originally written by Bollywoodlife, but their article seems to have disappeared. Not much of a surprise there. Lots of negative things about BT5 magically vanish overnight these days. Koimoi has an article citing Bollywoodlife though: https://www.koimoi.com/hollywood-news/bts-split-because-members-were-tired-of-rms-dominating-nature-v-others-felt-left-out/ They say pretty much exactly what BWL said. In the original BWL article, the source was unnamed. The reason(s) behind why the source would be unnamed are vast; could be a staff member at Big$hit, could be a band member, could be another idol, could be total bologna. Who knows. It makes so much sense that it could be true that I'm leaning toward it being plausible.

I really liked HS's solo album. There are songs I liked more than others, for sure. I didn't care for Arson. I thought it was so unpolished that it sounded too much like it was made in an amateur studio. The music video was way too out there for me. It was too much. I also thought More was one of the weaker songs. I didn't like it the first time I listen to it, and now I'm just indifferent to it. For me, What If was the best song. I loved his delivery.

In general I'm fine with him going solo and his performance at Lolla was great. I do kind of but not really wonder why, out of all the band members, HS was the one selected to go to Lolla. At first I thought it was because someone in charge had to be a HS stan, because despite him being the richest member and his first mixtape being the most lucrative, he's not the most popular. Which is weird but anyway... I think the label paid money to have HS there, since TXT were there too. If it was just HS I wouldn't think that but, TXT don't seem like they are that popular to me. Truly the only other band member who has enough music and stamina to fill a set as long as that (70 mins) is YG, but I wouldn't be surprised if he said no to performing there. It's not suited for a big stage like that. It's more HS's thing. I guess I just found HS performing at Lolla unexpected.

Edit: Nevermind I found the Bollywoodlife article: https://www.bollywoodlife.com/hollywood/bts-to-disband-due-to-rm-being-bossy-jungkook-j-hope-kim-taehyung-feeling-left-out-despite-more-popularity-exclusive-deets-inside-entertainment-news-2103076/

Last edited:
It was originally written by Bollywoodlife, but their article seems to have disappeared. Not much of a surprise there. Lots of negative things about BT5 magically vanish overnight these days. Koimoi has an article citing Bollywoodlife though: https://www.koimoi.com/hollywood-news/bts-split-because-members-were-tired-of-rms-dominating-nature-v-others-felt-left-out/ They say pretty much exactly what BWL said. In the original BWL article, the source was unnamed. The reason(s) behind why the source would be unnamed are vast; could be a staff member at Big$hit, could be a band member, could be another idol, could be total bologna. Who knows. It makes so much sense that it could be true that I'm leaning toward it being plausible.

I really liked HS's solo album. There are songs I liked more than others, for sure. I didn't care for Arson. I thought it was so unpolished that it sounded too much like it was made in an amateur studio. The music video was way too out there for me. It was too much. I also thought More was one of the weaker songs. I didn't like it the first time I listen to it, and now I'm just indifferent to it. For me, What If was the best song. I loved his delivery.

In general I'm fine with him going solo and his performance at Lolla was great. I do kind of but not really wonder why, out of all the band members, HS was the one selected to go to Lolla. At first I thought it was because someone in charge had to be a HS stan, because despite him being the richest member and his first mixtape being the most lucrative, he's not the most popular. Which is weird but anyway... I think the label paid money to have HS there, since TXT were there too. If it was just HS I wouldn't think that but, TXT don't seem like they are that popular to me. Truly the only other band member who has enough music and stamina to fill a set as long as that (70 mins) is YG, but I wouldn't be surprised if he said no to performing there. It's not suited for a big stage like that. It's more HS's thing. I guess I just found HS performing at Lolla unexpected.

Edit: Nevermind I found the Bollywoodlife article: https://www.bollywoodlife.com/hollywood/bts-to-disband-due-to-rm-being-bossy-jungkook-j-hope-kim-taehyung-feeling-left-out-despite-more-popularity-exclusive-deets-inside-entertainment-news-2103076/
That was so unexpected but he did really well. His new songs aren't my thing but I watched the whole show a few days later. Watched t×t the day of, and they did good too. I can't see Rm up there. The rest are niche artists and won't appeal to a wider market. Fans will support them but only ot7 brings in the views. Jh's English improved a lot. He spoke English the whole show, something only Rm and maybe Jk can do too.

His real personality came out more in songs like Arson. Rm has talked about his depression before, and I think he used that to color his songs. As an army, my favorite Jh rap was in Young Forever. The lyrics are very bittersweet. I recommend watching it with the sound off or reading them.

Even though he's less popular in Korea, artists there and here respect and know him. That's why he went solo first. Hive is risking nothing letting him go first. They're fine tuning the other member's debuts using this.

It was nice that he showed support to t×t. I think only Tae, Jh, and Jm have kept up with them. Jm used to call them the babies. I thought it was just media play but Jh has been consistent, even sending them off to the USA with a nice message.

Thank you for posting the article. I find that Indian articles are more honest about entertainment news, even things that happen here. After reading it, I'll post my thoughts.

minnie82

Superstar

yes but they also don't take him seriously as a leader , watch the bottle of water clip , he kept saying to Taehyung to don't drink the water but Jk give him the water and didn't listen to him , and the other clip when he was talking to the group before they going to stage, Taehyung didn't listen to him and kept playing around..

theartbook35

Veteran
yes but they also don't take him seriously as a leader , watch the bottle of water clip , he kept saying to Taehyung to don't drink the water but Jk give him the water and didn't listen to him , and the other clip when he was talking to the group before they going to stage, Taehyung didn't listen to him and kept playing around..
Exactly. It's pretty difficult to take NJ seriously in anything, but especially leadership. It's hilarious how the label and his bandmates keep shouting from the rooftops that he's a great leader when everyone else can see otherwise. NJ doesn't respect them, so they don't listen to him.

theartbook35

Veteran
That was so unexpected but he did really well. His new songs aren't my thing but I watched the whole show a few days later. Watched t×t the day of, and they did good too. I can't see Rm up there. The rest are niche artists and won't appeal to a wider market. Fans will support them but only ot7 brings in the views. Jh's English improved a lot. He spoke English the whole show, something only Rm and maybe Jk can do too.

His real personality came out more in songs like Arson. Rm has talked about his depression before, and I think he used that to color his songs. As an army, my favorite Jh rap was in Young Forever. The lyrics are very bittersweet. I recommend watching it with the sound off or reading them.

Even though he's less popular in Korea, artists there and here respect and know him. That's why he went solo first. Hive is risking nothing letting him go first. They're fine tuning the other member's debuts using this.

It was nice that he showed support to t×t. I think only Tae, Jh, and Jm have kept up with them. Jm used to call them the babies. I thought it was just media play but Jh has been consistent, even sending them off to the USA with a nice message.

Thank you for posting the article. I find that Indian articles are more honest about entertainment news, even things that happen here. After reading it, I'll post my thoughts.
Oh 100% his real personality came out. HS's lyricism with this album has been praised significantly, FOR A REASON. He's a way better writer than any of the guys in the band.

His music isn't my taste, as well, but I watched Lolla. I adored his moments with Becky, it was fricking precious. Those two have such a genuine friendship. People who know him, respect him.

HS's verses in every song sound amazing. It's his voice. That tone is very specific and you notice it immediately. (The same can be said about YG, especially when he starts growling or gets hyped up and starts squealing, lol). HS's delivery is just out of this world. And he wasn't a rapper before he joined Hive.

I think Hive were also using his album as the digital album experiment. You're right that they lose nothing with him. In fact, if HS left BT5 I don't think Hive would even care. (The same could probably be said about Jin, cause Hive and the RM never let Jin do anything).

I'm looking forward to your thoughts about the article!

minnie82

Superstar
Exactly. It's pretty difficult to take NJ seriously in anything, but especially leadership. It's hilarious how the label and his bandmates keep shouting from the rooftops that he's a great leader when everyone else can see otherwise. NJ doesn't respect them, so they don't listen to him.
the other clip when he give those angry looks at the maknae joking around during the award speech , it looks he want to kill them or something