BTS discussion thread

Vision

Veteran
With the food thing, don't they have to promote K-culture as they're backed by the Gov, so naturally they'll publicly promote mainly Korean food.

Every idol, saying they love kimchi stew or another dish, every other sentence in a Vlive or Interview..

Kimiko2

Established
The music video views for their new song are super low for a btss video and its cuz they aren't even in the video

I don't want to pull the racist card but did they perhaps not do a video cuz snoop dogg is in it? They will only be in videos with the white western artists like coldplay and halseyy

It could be something else but with them I wouldn't be surprised if that's the main reason as to why they weren't in the video

Either way it's really lazy to just not promote your song but they know that they have their army guard dogs right behind them when they say so

randomcitizen

Veteran
I don't want to pull the racist card but did they perhaps not do a video cuz snoop dogg is in it? They will only be in videos with the white western artists like coldplay and halseyy
Honestly probably, and I wouldn't be suprised given the way they've treated black artists in the past compared to white ones. Even with TXT, they collabed with a black artist named Iann Dior recently but I noticed they never posted a picture with him on their twitter page despite him performing with them twice lol, at their LA concert and at Lollapalooza. The only artist they posted a picture with who has collabed with them was another artist named Salem Ilese.

Last edited:

Truthteller

Veteran
they probably think american food only consists of burgers cause that's all they eat when they come here. there's a bunch of fancy 5 star restaurants, especially italian ones
Known American foods are burgers, kentucky fried chicken and macaroni and cheese though. Sorry if i am ignorant but I don’t know any other orginal American dishes. Italian food is Italian imported to the US by Italian immigrants. I think it is very natural for people to prefer the food of their home countries. I personally enjoy food from different countries, but can only go max a week without eating the food from my native county/ similar foods, just what my palate and body is used to.

Last edited:

Truthteller

Veteran
Saw some clips of tea’s reality show with his ”friends”/ fckbuddies on Twitter, no one else thinks it is all very strange and cringe? Grown ass men cuddling together, babying each other, jumping on beds and sleeping in the same bed? I think even the fans must be creeped out. I think they are promoting their deviant behaviours in very subtle ways, nothing Bt$ isn’t used to.

Laura755y

Star
Saw some clips of tea’s reality show with his ”friends”/ fckbuddies on Twitter, no one else thinks it is all very strange and cringe? Grown ass men cuddling together, babying each other, jumping on beds and sleeping in the same bed? I think even the fans must be creeped out. I think they are promoting their deviant behaviours in very subtle ways, nothing Bt$ isn’t used to.
Ikr! I saw some clips too, and wished if i can remove my eyes nd clean em, its weird asf, like bruh u'r bringing nothing to the table, all useless crap, nothing that can help the world, but some people do watch it and enjoy it, thats so fkn bad.

PrincessPunch

Veteran
Known American foods are burgers, kentucky fried chicken and macaroni and cheese though. Sorry if i am ignorant but I don’t know any other orginal American dishes. Italian food is Italian imported the US by Italian immigrants. I think it is very natural for people to prefer the food of their home countries. I personally enjoy food from different countries, but can only go max a week without eating the food from my native county/ similar foods, just what my palate and body is used to.
oh yeah i know what i meant to say is they can visit so many other restaurants in the u.s. with foods from different countries instead of just going to shake shack and in n out. but i guess you're right some people just have different preferences and palates, cause my parents are like that lol. but for me personally i enjoy both food from the u.s. and my home country, i don't really have a preference. i've been to amazing pakistani, indian, mexican, and italian restaurants here in the states that serve amazing food, not just hit up the 2 popular east and west coast based burger joints like bt5 does every single time they're asked what's their favorite restaurants are in the states. like we get it you like in n out burger and sprite:rolleyes:
and what annoys me about bt5 is every time they step foot in the u.s. they start their script of complaining to their entitled korean fanbase about how much they miss korea and the food there, as if they're trying to prove their patriotism to them while at the same time they're kissing white people's asses during their stay in the states seeking for american approval

Last edited:

Truthteller

Veteran
oh yeah i know what i meant to say is they can visit so many other restaurants in the u.s. with foods from different countries instead of just going to shake shack and in n out. but i guess you're right some people just have different preferences and palates, cause my parents are like that lol. but for me personally i enjoy both food from the u.s. and my home country, i don't really have a preference. i've been to amazing pakistani, indian, mexican, and italian restaurants here in the states that serve amazing food, not just hit up the 2 popular east and west coast based burger joints like bt5 does every single time they're asked what's their favorite restaurants are in the states. like we get it you like in n out burger and sprite:rolleyes:
and what annoys me about bt5 is every time they step foot in the u.s. they start their script of complaining to their entitled korean fanbase about how much they miss korea and the food there, as if they're trying to prove their patriotism to them while at the same time they're kissing white people's asses at their stay in the states seeking for american approval
Yeah , their constant A $$ licking of the US entertaintment industry is beyond embrassing for them to be amba$$adors of Sk. Also their $hitty music.

The music video views for their new song are super low for a btss video and its cuz they aren't even in the video

It could be something else but with them I wouldn't be surprised if that's the main reason as to why they weren't in the video

Either way it's really lazy to just not promote your song but they know that they have their army guard dogs right behind them when they say so
Years back, a Chicago Army claimed she was asked to leave her street because it made Jk and Jm anxious. I don't know if it really happened, but ratmies went on the offensive. It was during their Red Bullet tour.

and what annoys me about bt5 is every time they step foot in the u.s. they start their script of complaining to their entitled korean fanbase about how much they miss korea and the food there, as if they're trying to prove their patriotism to them while at the same time they're kissing white people's asses during their stay in the states seeking for american approval
Their Korean fanbase expects them to make money and be ambassadors but to hold their noses while they do it. Taemin was asked to stop speaking English in his live. It took him 14 years to get semi fluent and they said speaking English is arrogant. He told them in English not to be mad. Some of them were mad he had a white love interest in one of his videos. Fans will push their idols until one of them blows up.

Berrywon88

Star
It's kind of funny to see you, an American, say that sort of thing, because that's not how the rest of the world sees americans in general. Especially if you are latina like me ( ͡°ᴥ ͡° ʋ)
Maybe it's because I'm severely sleep deprived, but I don't get what you mean with that statement. Is this supposed to be a dig at Americans or what??

Kimiko2

Established
Probably, aside from being racist, I think they kiss white celebs a** because they think it will further their career more in the west.
Exactly
And they come.over here and the western late show hosts treat them.like little kids with stupid games and do not treat them like grown men
That Stephen colbert interview last year was so weird and way too childish imo and Vee looked like he literally just rolled out of bed and came on set in his sleep clothes he looked a mess

They continue to kiss white America's ass yet still have no grammy which would probably have guaranteed them an exemption

Berrywon88

Star
I really tried to understand what "Dig" means in this context, but I didn't :). Anyway, I believe you're a good person, but people from the US can really suck when they come to countries like mine. They really think that they are the center of the world, that everything in their country is better, that everyone here should speak English in order to serve them and stuff.
Dig is just slang meaning an insult. I really need to stop using so many slang words haha. And thanks for explaining what you meant. I've heard some horror stories about how disrespectful Americans are in foreign countries. It really sucks that a minority of the U.S. population represents the majority of us to the world. See most Americans don't and won't ever get to travel out of the country. A lot have never even traveled out of their state or been on a plane. Last I checked something like only 30% have a passport and I bet those are mostly immigrants that visit their home country. My friends and I were always wishing to leave our state, but it usually never happens. The reason is travelling is too expensive here. So the people visiting your country had to have been privileged to begin with and probably think they are entitled to treat people anyway they want. I've dealt with these elitist fools working in retail for years. I don't think they necessarily represent the majority of Americans, but they're the ones that can afford to travel and what the world sees so...