BTS discussion thread

Kimiko2

Established
Bttsss were barely hanging on during their ptd concerts all out of breath and struggling

Cuz in the past they did solo performances in their concerts so the others could get a rest/break while another was on stage doing their solo song and ptd they didn't do that since they knew it would be their last concert as a group and only performed only 0t7 songs

Jk is not charismatic enough to entertain a crowd by himself while Vee and jm(jm is also an amazing performer) have much better stage presence but can't sing and jn can't sing,has no stage presence and can't dance so he is fucked as a solo artist all the way

cadiz

Star
None of them will be successful in America as solo artists but I think only jk and jh are aiming for the west while jm and Vee will focus on sk and the rest of the asian market which is smart imo

Jk and jh will have some success due to their sheep mass buying and mass streaming but it won't be like it was for the whole group cuz many solo stans who aren't into jk or jh won't buy/stream their music

After it sinks in that American success as soloists isnt cutting it both of them will go back to focus on the asian market
true
but I think....if the full group failed to make the top10 in billboard with their last song. The chances of them doing it as solos is even lower

maybe JK could do it because he has a big fanbase but Hope....even if he is a good performer it will be hard for the public to take him seriously, he is a kpop raper and you know, he has this "funny persona" thing going on

in US interviews Hope was always very cringey and over the top, while JK had no personality at all lol they have to change some things if they want to make it in the US

Kimiko2

Established
true
but I think....if the full group failed to make the top10 in billboard with their last song. The chances of them doing it as solos is even lower

maybe JK could do it because he has a big fanbase but Hope....even if he is a good performer it will be hard for the public to take him seriously, he is a kpop raper and you know, he has this "funny persona" thing going on

in US interviews Hope was always very cringey and over the top, while JK had no personality at all lol they have to change some things if they want to make it in the US
I agree

I bet jh loses that over the top sunshine persona some-its fake af anyway

Jk is boring as hell and his musical taste is pure ass and just plain boring and bland
Plus neither of them are fluent in English

queen82

Star
true

his funny persona is fake, but he have stage presence and kinda charismatic ..

Shadow

Rookie
well their new song didn't even debut in the top 10 in billboard

i don't remember last time this happened, even their flop song "life goes on" managed to debut at 1 back then
you can clearly see the change in numbers and fans hype

now lets see if the maknae can get a hit song with this Charlie Puth collab, I don't think Charlie is still popular in the US but maybe he has a bigger chance than BT5, cause it's clear their peak has passed
Screenshot 2022-06-21 19.25.33.png

Right now they aren't in the top 10's but just reached number 13, however not as popular a Harry Styles. Fans of twitter say stream the song but it's so tiring.

I don't think JK is on the same level as JB, and never will be. Bieber has been in this industry for so long and it's still so relevant, JK on the other hand, I don't think he'll go far. I think he has talent, but the fact that he's Korean and doesn't have English as his first language will always be a problem. Like, JB, from my point of view he's already crossed the fandom barrier, people listen to his music organically, it's not just fangirl pop anymore (sorry if I'm wrong, but that's what it seems to me when I look at what people in my country listen to). Jungkook will have the support of his fandom and may win one or two, but for the rest of the audience he will always be the kpop guy, exotic and stuff. as much as he does a good job, it's not like Canadian Bieber, British Harry, he speaks Korean and his accent is something hard to beat. So I tend to believe that there is no advantage for Bieber to collaborate with him because he doesn't gain anything from it, unlike Puth who is trying to survive. I think JK will be more successful in his own country and surroundings, not much else.
That's true, he won't collab now with JB he cancelled all his concerts because his face is frozen. Listening to left or right I felt quite meh about it like a ballad. Jk has been a charlie puth fan for years, but it won't really make a gain, the new left and right song sounds more like a call for any kind of generic pop boy release. They make these days less creative ideas and melodies forcing it out with a collab, even YG said in the festa he was tired of making the music.

MochiThot

Established
I agree

I bet jh loses that over the top sunshine persona some-its fake af anyway

Jk is boring as hell and his musical taste is pure ass and just plain boring and bland
Plus neither of them are fluent in English
It might have been the sleepless nights on constant uppers studying, but Jk's english has improved. He was giving replies in English here and there on his last vlive. But I agree about him lacking an authentic personality. He is a hard worker and go getter, but his personality is too stale to entertain a massive audience on stage live. No one is going to want to watch a grown man act ditzy asf and stare off into space in the U.S.

Last edited:

cadiz

Star

PrincessPunch

Veteran
lol well if this is cconfirmed i'm sure is mediaplay for his upocming solo

[enter-talk] IS ROSE DATING J-HOPE?

:
aparently Both of them had similar nail color from that day :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

look the first comment lol:

1. [+510, -954]
Do you think that Rose has no standards to date a kid like him?

8. [+94, -58]
Then V-Jennie and Hobi-Rose are two couples?
first comment had me dead ngl lmao

PrincessPunch

Veteran
lol just posted it

yeah it seem too much of a coincidence
two couples from the two most popular kpop groups???

what's next? JK and Lisa have a lot of shippers too :D:D:D

the timing once again is sus, when Hope is starting solo career
yup timing is hella sus. hope's gonna start his solo career, and garam is rumored to be coming back with fans threatening to boycott the group if she does so hyb3 throws another dating rumor to divert attention away. like clockwork.