BTS discussion thread

btach

Veteran
lmao right
This idea of having a group..take a break, go to the military..is too exhausting. I doubt fans will want to experience that emotional rollercoaster. It'll be difficult to match BTS and if they do create groups, they'll have to mimic BTS to attract their fans.

Riko

Veteran
Well. There goes KPOP.

They're about to make so much money with solo advertising deals and campaigns and brand deals lol. Wonder how much money hybe keeps from those?

And I have a feeling they'll be back in 2-4 years as OT7.

Good for them. They been tryna get out since 2018 but company convinced them to stay till 2020. I knew PTsD was gonna be the bullet in namjoons brain that had him saying "fuck all of this" lmaoo.

Vision

Veteran
I remember seeing a funny tweet saying roughly, "When 1D disbanded it left a void - and then fans either became a MCU fan (Marvel) or BT$ Army (or K Pop) stan.

I'm kind of curious where this void will go now. There's plenty of other groups to fill that gap but here's hoping there's less delusion..?

I'm trying to be an optimist!

PrincessPunch

Veteran
This idea of having a group..take a break, go to the military..is too exhausting. I doubt fans will want to experience that emotional rollercoaster. It'll be difficult to match BTS and if they do create groups, they'll have to mimic BTS to attract their fans.
tbh i think a group that could reach global success would be stray k1ds since they kind of remind me of bt5, or hyb3's new upcoming boy group trainee ä. their fandom is growing big already despite them being trainees and they were in la a couple months ago and got to meet up with big producers. they're apparently gonna debut soon.

Last edited:
I think it will be quite hard for them to recreate bt5's success t x t is good but they are not well known outside of kpop fandoms same with enpipen
T×t absolutely puts in the work, but bighit has purposely undermined them. Enpipen has great dancers and hasn't been limited because they're under beli8t and an entertainment company manages them with hive.

yeah i think t×t and enhyp3n will take over but idk if they'll be as succesful. but bang pedo doesnt want to get kicked out of big 4 and t×t have gotten even darker with their concepts lately. he'll probably work them to the bone now and most of the group already looks emaciated and wasting away. i said in the kpop thread that i wonder if there will be a sacrifice or if they'll sacrifice a loved one like t@e did to his grandmother cause then we'll know what's up
Sadly, I think the sacrifice would be Taehy4n, Yeonj4n or Soob8n.

Fact! In my country their fans are mostly kids/teens, and they're not that much too, the fans that are 20+ are like gay in the closet, since not only bts but sk's idols and/or celebrities that are like that in general are seen as gay, and alot of people here are totally against it.
I'm American and in my city, no one plays them. It's not seen as popular.

Lol they've already been on one prolonged semi-hiatus since 2020. No full albums, weak quickly made singles, no promotions with radio stations or music shows, only a handful of live concerts. This so called new cb was just a rehash of their older works. It's like they've just been in waiting for the time they will have to enlist and have built their schedule around that for years now. Their last full idol schedule was in 2019, and no I don't think it's because of the pandemic. Although that gave them a reason to give armies as to why they have cut their activities by like 85% of what it once was.
They could've all enlisted and been back right now. I think they couldn't because bigh8t didn't have a group able to carry the company until then.

Kimiko2

Established
I am worried about jm he looked sad he doesn't seem to have any direction in life Hyb3 only used him for fanservice if only they could help him get better at vocals he could have a solo he is a great dancer but his talent would be wasted because of having a weak voice now :(
What jm ass needs to do is sign up for some serious vocal lessons right now and get his voice at least where it was when they first debuted

Shadow

Rookie
I do believe they announced a hiatus?!!!:D
It came as a shock but I saw it coming when JM started saying sorry on Weverse. Like I saw it in his eyes really drained and sad In his soul. My intuition was like, somethings wrong and know we all know why. I watched a tarot reader saying BTS will enlist the end of 2022 to the military. I wouldn’t be surprised. After that they will probably never get back together again and make their own companies and they all go solo forever..

Amber_O

Established
And apparently the company is now backpedaling by releasing a statement that b*s are not going on hiatus...
Hmm… this is really interesting. Why would BTS be crying around a table talking about how limiting & uninspiring idol/kpop life is, if there is no hiatus??? HyBee is scrambling! I don’t think they knew BeeTeeEs would say that. This is the perfect time for the hyung line to go to the military finally.

btach

Veteran
It came as a shock but I saw it coming when JM started saying sorry on Weverse. Like I saw it in his eyes really drained and sad In his soul. My intuition was like, somethings wrong and know we all know why. I watched a tarot reader saying BTS will enlist the end of 2022 to the military. I wouldn’t be surprised. After that they will probably never get back together again and make their own companies and they all go solo forever..
You know it's their 9th anniversary. What if they were told you gotta sacrifice someone or leave? SPECULATION OF COURSE.
The last time a major KPOP group achieved 9th, a member was sacrificed and BTS was the first at the memorial. Wonder if this is connected because 9 seems to be the link. (Speculation).

On never coming back together. I agree with you on that..they clearly looked done with each other especially RM who will probably be married in a year or so. They even said in many words that ARMY should move on and find something to do now that they are free. lol. BTS broke up with Army like it was nothing. They seem to be confused, unsure ..like they were forced to take this route because of another unpleasant option or they stopped clicking. They even made it clear at the beginning of the video that they were not spending time together. Asking each other what they have been up to. That was intentional. All i know is, the the SK wave is done. Only thing left is Squid Game.

The South Korean government had banked on BTS concerts for culture and Tourism. BTS said no.not too fast buddy. We are out of there. lol
I do think though that whatever they had depended on for success has lost its energy and they know they can't keep on. Maybe they read this forum lol

1655247546808.png

Laura755y

Star
You know it's their 9th anniversary. What if they were told you gotta sacrifice someone or leave? SPECULATION OF COURSE.
The last time a major KPOP group achieved 9th, a member was sacrificed and BTS was the first at the memorial. Wonder if this is connected because 9 seems to be the link. (Speculation).

On never coming back together. I agree with you on that..they clearly looked done with each other especially RM who will probably be married in a year or so. They even said in many words that ARMY should move on and find something to do now that they are free. lol. BTS broke up with Army like it was nothing. They seem to be confused, unsure ..like they were forced to take this route because of another unpleasant option or they stopped clicking. They even made it clear at the beginning of the video that they were not spending time together. Asking each other what they have been up to. That was intentional. All i know is, the the SK wave is done. Only thing left is Squid Game.

The South Korean government had banked on BTS concerts for culture and Tourism. BTS said no.not too fast buddy. We are out of there. lol
I do think though that whatever they had depended on for success has lost its energy and they know they can't keep on. Maybe they read this forum lol

View attachment 75648
The "bts broke up with army like it was nothing" cracked me, i didnt watch the video or whatever that is, but from the pic, the way he said it, was hilarious, man they fucked these brainless fans's pocket and mind, in the end, "Mmm... u know wut just move on, u deserve better" fkn hilarious.

gettingedu

Established
All i know is, the the SK wave is done. Only thing left is Squid Game.
I thought it would’ve taken longer but I think they some more things that’ll come out and bring peoples eyes back. Many are into the country itself but overall the wave is dying down from my pov. There also is this popular sk actor that is joining the mcu

also I think we’ll see more groups coming out, not necessarily kpop groups. Nd if it is maybe more diverse like blackswn

Last edited:

cadiz

Star
here is a post about what they said during the video...RM was pretty clear about feeling trapped and not liking their new music

TS, ANNOUNCE TEMPORARY HIATUS FOR GROUP ACTIVITIES "WE FEEL LIKE WE WRONGED THE FANS" TEAR

“We have to accept that we’ve changed,” RM said After ‘Butter’ and ‘Permission to Dance,’ I didn’t know what kind of group we were anymore.”

RM, 27, said he always thought of BTS as being different from other groups, but that the “problem” with K-pop and the idol system is that “they don’t give you time to mature. You have to keep producing music and keep doing something.” He described getting up in the morning and having his makeup done and feeling like he doesn’t have any time for growth.

“Somehow,” he said furrowing his brow, “it’s become my job to be a rapping machine and remake music and speak in English for the group.” While he praised the top-notch performance capabilities of his bandmates, RM said he felt “trapped inside myself.”