BTS discussion thread

Mochiqueen099

Established
Exactly. It would have been admirable if they spoke about the horrific s*x crimes, colorism, bullying and harrassment that happens within their own country. It would have inspired the youth to truly love themselves and give victims hope since they have a voice. But why are you going to a country that's nothing but a quick cash grab for you and that you apparently just tolerate cause you always can't wait to go back home everytime you step foot there to speak on a struggle you know nothing about nor experienced?? No wonder SK is pissed. I wonder what the speech fits will look like. Loui$ V gigolo like the UN or will they be pooling in Daddy's suit like the Gr@mmys? Can't wait.
I agree with this on so many levels. It really irks me how they seem to complain each time they come to America, and also ONLY eat Korean food lol….like seriously it wouldn’t kill them to adapt a bit especially since they spend short periods of time here anyway.

Mochiqueen099

Established
Yes, especially when they grabbed them from practice to defend the company. They went from the most celebrated group and company to a reputation in the toilet. People are speculating about a minor girl, Gar@m, being involved with an executive or their child, because they won't let her go. Any company besides hive would've let her go. This is all politics, even music is not immune. Two of the big four companies had recent scandals and legal issues. YG was in trouble a few years ago for inviting prostitutes to entertain business associates. Lee So0man was laundering money offshore last year. This was leaked worldwide in the Pand0ra Pap3rs. The only clean one left is Jyp. Do you think he's really clean or hasn't been caught? He sent underage trainees overseas to work with R Kelly after everyone knew about him and young girls.
Jypp is apart of a cult i heard awhile back…or was that ya? Lmao

Kimiko2

Established
I agree with this on so many levels. It really irks me how they seem to complain each time they come to America, and also ONLY eat Korean food lol….like seriously it wouldn’t kill them to adapt a bit especially since they spend short periods of time here anyway.
Yet they would be highly offended if a western artist came to sk and only ate western food and talked of how much they miss their country

Koreans are like this in general ,they see nothing of the casual racism they have for black people yet are highly upset when someone is isnracist to koreans
Fucking hypocrites and boys that suck are just like that too

Mochiqueen099

Established
Yet they would be highly offended if a western artist came to sk and only ate western food and talked of how much they miss their country

Koreans are like this in general ,they see nothing of the casual racism they have for black people yet are highly upset when someone is isnracist to koreans
Fucking hypocrites and boys that suck are just like that too
I honestly don’t understand how they could miss Korea so fast after being in a different country for less than 24 hours…not to mention them being rude on lives too! At first I was like ok maybe they experience homesickness…but at this point they have been traveling overseas for years now! When I travel I eat new things not the same shit.

I think the whole White House thing might backfire. I can already see articles from 2013/2014 resurfacing from ppl that already hate them. If thy were smart they’d at least have all the members speak and not just turtle.

PrincessPunch

Veteran
right with how much they seek validation from white people and kiss america's ass you would think they could at least adapt a bit

PrincessPunch

Veteran
Exactly. It would have been admirable if they spoke about the horrific s*x crimes, colorism, bullying and harrassment that happens within their own country. It would have inspired the youth to truly love themselves and give victims hope since they have a voice.
i would actually gain a bit of respect back for hyb3 if they did choose to discuss those issues but we know that'll never happen lmao. and especially when they're perpetrators of those issues as well. working with a rap*st and suing minor victims. they're a disgusting company

Kimiko2

Established
right with how much they seek validation from white people and kiss america's ass you would think they could at least adapt a bit
Exactly
They pander to white people,specifically white Americans so fucking much when it's black fans and other poc fans who made them popular

And as soon as they get really famous uts all about kissing the white man's ass and singing trash ass kiddie pop music that white western artists picked out of their trash and gave to boys that suck

He’s definitely not leaving if he did he would unfollow everyone it’s definitely a rebrand people were talking about him having solo activities
This scandal has them pressed. They're going all out trying to pull attention away from it. They made them go to a conference dressed for practice. Released t×t's album early, then stopped t×t's promotions, dating scandal for Tae, White House visit with the president, and Jungkook solo activities? What's going on at hyve. The equation doesn't add up.

Berrywon88

Star
Squid Game is very inspired on the japanese show "alice in borderland"
I saw Alice in borderland and really liked it, so when I checked out Squid game I immediately saw it as the rip off it is. It's also a rip off of Battle Royale and Liar Game, both Japanese. And the ending with the old man is stolen from the American Saw movie. I see a bit of the Cube movie too from the 90s. So Squid Game is definitely not original or worth the hype. That's the problem I have with most SK entertainment...it comes across as a poor man's version of the real thing.

Berrywon88

Star
Everything, even technology was copied or given from other countries. Past the glittering high rises, the country is poor. The citizens call it Joseon hell. The Joseon era was one with systemic inequality, slavery and few opportunities to move up except by studying and becoming a scholar. Sounds like modern times.
I once saw an article describing SK as like a country built on toothpicks and a slight breeze would knock them down.

I saw Alice in borderland and really liked it, so when I checked out Squid game I immediately saw it as the rip off it is. It's also a rip off of Battle Royale and Liar Game, both Japanese. And the ending with the old man is stolen from the American Saw movie. I see a bit of the Cube movie too from the 90s. So Squid Game is definitely not original or worth the hype. That's the problem I have with most SK entertainment...it comes across as a poor man's version of the real thing.
Can you do a deeper analysis on Squid Game? Have you seen Parasite? SK imports other people's culture and art and changes the race so they don't have to look at foreigners. That's what kpop is; American especially black, music and dance with Korean artists.

I once saw an article describing SK as like a country built on toothpicks and a slight breeze would knock them down.
That's an excellent way to describe it. A third world, isolated and backwards nation was lifted into the 20th century on the backs of Comfort Women. Money meant to go towards supporting the victims of Japan was spent on infrastructure and helped create the chaebol families.

PrincessPunch

Veteran
and it's sad because they actually have culture yet in their music, movies, etc. all they do is rip off of other people and other cultures. i actually haven't seen alice in borderland but want to check it out

PrincessPunch

Veteran
Can you do a deeper analysis on Squid Game? Have you seen Parasite? SK imports other people's culture and art and changes the race so they don't have to look at foreigners. That's what kpop is; American especially black, music and dance with Korean artists.
there's a squid game thread on this site i came across it a couple days ago

PrincessPunch

Veteran
Solo activities or is he leaving? I'm thinking it's a rebrand. He's been known as a baby for almost 10 years.
i dont think jk would ever leave hyb3 he seems like the type that would stay in the company even when they disband. but jk could probably be succesful as a solo artist so i think that's what he'll do. but anyways seems like bang pedo has brainwashed alot of his artists to depend on that company and it's sad.