BTS discussion thread

Laura755y

Star
Because western artists don't do the foul play like kpop artists. They don't pretend to relate with fans but kpop world is hypocrite af. Western artists don't act innocent, whatever the hell they are, they don't fake it. They don't influence any parasocial relationship with fans. But kpop artist just always trying to act virgin, childish and pure lol.
Ikr! Calling their fans girlfriends! And wives fr! Calling teens , pre teens that! And putting em in a some fucked up parasocial shit, damn.

Riko

Veteran
Bieber used to call his fans his gfs. Taylor absolutely has a very successful parasocial relationship with her fanbase. The Hive and Navy would put army to absolute shame with how insane grown adults would get over their faves back in the day, Nicki Minaj's fans think she's absolutely right to stand by her convicted rapist of husband lol. Everyone else is pushing the relatable not like other girls/guys shtick to appeal to teenagers who absolutely hate themselves. BTS just got ahead by securing their fame when kpop and kdrama and kbeauty was just on the verge of breaking through, as well as appealing to all the white and black Koreaboos that fetishise everything to do with Korea and have militantly decided that they are the kingmakers when it comes to BTS's success. I don't think it'll ever die down cos they're just insane lol.

And let's not pretend the west are great champions of incredible music, it's the same smoke and mirrors, companies pay millions for radio playlisting and tiktok 'viral' fame for these mediocre artists. Beyonce is the last one who you could say was actually all about her art and music and her performances. Even though her discography has aged awfully. Doja is the current it girl but got there by working with the guy who raped and tormented kesha. And Rodriguo looks fully ran through and won't even get a look in with her next album cos I don't hear anyone raving about Sour anymore lol. They shut out and took down black creative, a lot of who jumped over to produce for the Korean scene. So the western industry is crumbling and trying to tap into the kpop money. Its just no other group has a fandom like Army, so BTS is the one they call. If only they'd managed to sign JK, V and the rest of them back in 2018/19 before bighit got them to renew their contracts haha.

But I think it'll take just one bad album for the peak to start a slow downward spiral, BTS are really hard carried af by their earlier discography, everything after 2019 hasn't been it and all the fans obsess over their old music or push the old stuff to new fans more than their recent.

Laura755y

Star
I always feel uncomfortable with T*e around children. He seems a bit unhinged and very immature, sorry. Like he could be playing too rough and hurt one of them by mistake.
I wanted to say the same, i though it was a bit harsh, and tbh, i was so uncomfy while watching the vid, also around 3:15 min a little girl was sitting between his legs, idk bout others but theres no way in hell, that id let a child sit in the same way, near a stranger. I know he is famous and all that crap, but he's still a stranger.

Berrywon88

Star
Bieber used to call his fans his gfs. Taylor absolutely has a very successful parasocial relationship with her fanbase. The Hive and Navy would put army to absolute shame with how insane grown adults would get over their faves back in the day, Nicki Minaj's fans think she's absolutely right to stand by her convicted rapist of husband lol. Everyone else is pushing the relatable not like other girls/guys shtick to appeal to teenagers who absolutely hate themselves. BTS just got ahead by securing their fame when kpop and kdrama and kbeauty was just on the verge of breaking through, as well as appealing to all the white and black Koreaboos that fetishise everything to do with Korea and have militantly decided that they are the kingmakers when it comes to BTS's success. I don't think it'll ever die down cos they're just insane lol.

And let's not pretend the west are great champions of incredible music, it's the same smoke and mirrors, companies pay millions for radio playlisting and tiktok 'viral' fame for these mediocre artists. Beyonce is the last one who you could say was actually all about her art and music and her performances. Even though her discography has aged awfully. Doja is the current it girl but got there by working with the guy who raped and tormented kesha. And Rodriguo looks fully ran through and won't even get a look in with her next album cos I don't hear anyone raving about Sour anymore lol. They shut out and took down black creative, a lot of who jumped over to produce for the Korean scene. So the western industry is crumbling and trying to tap into the kpop money. Its just no other group has a fandom like Army, so BTS is the one they call. If only they'd managed to sign JK, V and the rest of them back in 2018/19 before bighit got them to renew their contracts haha.

But I think it'll take just one bad album for the peak to start a slow downward spiral, BTS are really hard carried af by their earlier discography, everything after 2019 hasn't been it and all the fans obsess over their old music or push the old stuff to new fans more than their recent.
I agree with what you said about western music. Honestly I don't listen to any new artists and haven't for most of my life. I listen to oldies and classic rock mostly. Rock pretty much died with Kurt Cobain in 1994. Basically American music today sucks lol. Doja is weird af and not in a good way. Just garbage the lot of it. As far as kpop and b*s I'm seeing the collective disinterest start to show in the U.S. As we know things move fast here and one minute you're on the top of the charts and the next you're a has been. Especially if you're considered foreign.

My thoughts on b*s is they're not at a peak but more of a downward decline and have been since 2018. Their LY series was the last project where there was actual thought and cohesion in their work. It was still not their best, but effort was put in. Then they re-signed their contracts and nothing has been the same. Sloppy thrown together projects and comebcks. Anybody remember MOTS was supposed to be 3 releases but they squished it into MOTS7, which was a shitty album chockfull of fillers. Then boring western collabs. Horrible live performances. And the English trilogy from hell. They have barely worked for yrs now. How else was jk able to get a full tattoo sleeve in a little over a yr. That shows how much free time they've had. And when I talk about work I mean on the scale of other kpop artists that have several cbs a yr. B*s are just an endorsement group. Filming ad after ad. While all of this has happened, their fandom has changed considerably. It's no longer people that are the groups ages or older and were more mature and devoted..those fans been left around LY Her. Now it's just a revolving door of fickle tweens that will move on in 6 months. I can see the end plain as day. They will apparently release some "special song" soon that will probably be about how they miss armies.
dry-heave-throw-up.gif
Then have their couple of concert dates and that's it for 2022. Perhaps more commercials and run episodes before the inevitable enlistment. AND THEN FINALLY..
sayonara-hahahahhah.jpg

arhur12

Star

I hate western music scene but one thing I will say is I miss live vocals in kpop as bad as they are western musicians still try to sing live even the more performance based artists like beyonce or bruno mars, Usher etc sing live kpop artists from main dancers to main vocals all lip sync these days 5m artists even had prerecorded vocals for ballads if kpop artists want more recognition in the west they need to up their game in the vocals department it's only acceptable to lip sync if it's a hard dance performance ballads should be live

Aamy

Star
Me too tbh, i dont really think he's trans, but u'll never know.
I saw Hope's ig story with Park! Nd it was creepy tbh, park looks like a fkn doll.
I didn't even understand the meaning of the pose. Why are you standing as if you were an idiot ? XD without showing real emotion and... ah yes, I forgot. He isn't considered at all like a human being.

This picture.. just strange. Or maybe it's me who is too stupid to understand something

Aamy

Star
Obvious advertising for chipotle and it started with jk mispronouncing the food chain and snowballed to this...
Also, jn with older men again. I think his sponsor. Their so called "friendship" goes way back.
View attachment 71869
Bruuuh... These pics give me so much bad vibes. Like really, really... You can feel something totally disgusting, just by watching.

Riko

Veteran
My thoughts on b*s is they're not at a peak but more of a downward decline and have been since 2018. Their LY series was the last project where there was actual thought and cohesion in their work. It was still not their best, but effort was put in. Then they re-signed their contracts and nothing has been the same. Sloppy thrown together projects and comebcks. Anybody remember MOTS was supposed to be 3 releases but they squished it into MOTS7, which was a shitty album chockfull of fillers. Then boring western collabs.
Love yourself is their best work honestly, those albums were a banger. I liked boy with luv a lot tbf, it's a cute, very catchy bop. Everything else hasn't been great, Jimins filter was great too. MOTs7 was utter shite apart from black Swan and my time. Inner child was garbage. Utter garbage.

I don't begrudge them not working like dogs and making easy money with merch and endorsements but I need the fans to stop pretending as if their music is anything special nowadays. They might be able to bring it back if they do a full Korean album, sort of like LY Tear but for a 2022 sound, that album was really good tbf. Hope they don't go down the noise music trend that other kpop groups are doing. BTS have always had a sound that was very uniquely different in a good way, from the other boygroups, enhypen seem to be the only ones coming close in 4th gen.

Riko

Veteran
I hate western music scene but one thing I will say is I miss live vocals in kpop as bad as they are western musicians still try to sing live even the more performance based artists like beyonce or bruno mars, Usher etc sing live kpop artists from main dancers to main vocals all lip sync these days 5m artists even had prerecorded vocals for ballads if kpop artists want more recognition in the west they need to up their game in the vocals department it's only acceptable to lip sync if it's a hard dance performance ballads should be live
Cos they can't sing for shite sis, lol. Every vocalist they hype up is dogshit when you remove all the processing and mixing and live autotune. Kpop is literally using men who act like teenage virgins and women who are willing to look and act as pure pedo bait in order to create a fan base where awkward, anti-social people who can't otherwise function in society are able to use the parasocial relationship to pressure these idols into molding their career and personality exactly according to their 'fans', to live vicariously through them. It isn't about anything else haha. And it's not a genre that is respected in the slightest in SK. It's only now that BTS are so lionised and have become somewhat bigger than the industry itself, that it's now seen as a somewhat popular thing for kids to do.