BTS discussion thread

Ableism and sk is the worst in this regard but I think many idols especially male idols could have undiagnosed early childhood development disorders fans take offense at any mention of their favorite not being perfect.. I was saying for months to sh@wols that t@emin has some issues with anxiety and panic but they didn't listen and villianized me for hating on him but now we know he really did have these issues and they are serious I am sure jeykey with all the the details some members have shared about his past behavior and self harm practices he could have some serious mental health issues which need to be properly treated or he will become another justin bieber. what about enpipen's niki?? does he show these signs too?? He debuted very young like jeykey too
He gets along the best with dogs and some autistic people form deeper bonds with animals than humans. There's no mixed signals, and they love you. None of the mind games. Stans are delulu and act like their faves are fine until it's officially announced and sometimes still don't. I think Nikl struggles too. He's also a bully, and that could be fear or depression causing him to strike out at snoo. The kids with developmental issues get ostracized and less help than in a Western country. Some of them are probably idols. That has to be hard for them but could be beneficial because of schedules and consistency.

queen82

Star
All of their parents just threw them to the wolves for fame and fortune

I bet every member is taking care of their families by buying their multi million dollar homes and paying for the wedding of siblings(jh and jn)

Just like how mj paid for everything for his parents and siblings excluding janet of course

Yn and jn and jm bought resteraunts for their families as well

They are cash cows not only to their company buy also their families as well

Jk brother should feel some type of way for living off of his younger brother

At least use your family connection for your own come up like jh sister

I wonder if they ever get jealous over the fact that their siblings get to live a normal luxurious life off of their blood sweat and tears? While they live in a golden cage to pay for it
Britney Spears do the same, at least now she wake up and she tell her parents to f.....k off

e-Enoch

Superstar
A lot of those places are known for sex trafficking. That's a scary thing if it happened.
Truly scary...and actually must be considered a "criminal offense" committed against any or all of the betees members...

In hindsight, Bigshit would've just deny everything...saying "meeting" with "sponsors" is just part of their "job..."

We know this has been happening in the K'Entertainment industry...

Truly scary...and actually must be considered a "criminal offense" committed against any or all of the betees members...

In hindsight, Bigshit would've just deny everything...saying "meeting" with "sponsors" is just part of their "job..."

We know this has been happening in the K'Entertainment industry...
What fans think about sponsors and what really happens is very different.

e-Enoch

Superstar
Back then when betees was "known for their socially relevant songs...that challenged their society's narrative..."

Fast forward...now they are "singing the very tune" of the "authorities" they used to challenge...

*The excerpt below was how betees was "perceived then..." at least until 2018...(nolala.com)

The article says they don't sing about "partying..." Hahaha!

Now what...their last 3 songs in English are about "partying..." lol

Mythical worlds with a mission*
BTS doesn’t sing about love, friendship, and partying like most K-pop groups, but in their music you’ll hear socially relevant topics.

RM (short for ‘Rap Monster’ and leader of the group) says in an interview with Rolling Stonethat he is inspired by books like Demian by Hermann Hesse and writers/philosophers such as Camus and Murakami. With their lyrics and videos they build mythical worlds around certain topics. He says:

“We try to make our own BTS context, maybe it’s risky to bring some inspiration from novels from so long ago, but I think it paid off more. It comes through like a gift box for our fans. That’s something you can’t find easily from American artists.”

In this way they can be open about topics that play a role in their own lives and in South Korean society. They deal with themes such as mental health, LGBTQ rights, and women’s emancipation. They also promote a thing which may seem very normal in the West, but still needs some groundwork in Korea: personal independence. As RM states:

“Especially in Korea, there are all these standards: Get married, go to a nice university.”

They engrain these messages in lyrics that contain a great deal of empathy, honesty and independence. This is exactly what makes BTS so popular among their fans.

Laura755y

Star
when you know that everything is scripted and that, even if something spontaneous is done, it is only shown if the company allows it, I would like to know what is the intention of this here? Shown to a young audience?

First of all: Eewww.
Just what was that, wut in the fuck doed that even mean. Male who turns himself into female, just wtf.

Berrywon88

Star
RM (short for ‘Rap Monster’ and leader of the group) says in an interview with Rolling Stonethat he is inspired by books like Demian by Hermann Hesse and writers/philosophers such as Camus and Murakami. With their lyrics and videos they build mythical worlds around certain topics. He says:

“We try to make our own BTS context, maybe it’s risky to bring some inspiration from novels from so long ago, but I think it paid off more. It comes through like a gift box for our fans. That’s something you can’t find easily from American artists.”
Rm's such a pretentious jackass. The ego on this guy! He had the nerve to say that about American artists and look at him now. A complete sell out..."sing along to Elton John" indeed.
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

e-Enoch

Superstar
Lol! Jeykey is scared of microwaves and this...

Because he thinks they might explode...Ahahaha!

Berrywon88

Star
I don't know what to think, because it disgusted me. Like, I was feeling sorry for JK because he was supposedly "sponsored" in LA, my heart always hurts when i think about it. But when I see this kind of video, really, I know he started out as a kid, but I don't think that justifies what he's still doing now. This is very disgusting. I really wanted to understand if there is still something good in these men, if there is a chance of salvation.
The clip you shared was from run ep. 11 so jk was still a teen but of age. He was highly sexualized since he was 15, so were jm and t@e. Now those 3 are seriously messed up, I can see it. And when it comes to their old content I'm very disturbed but I'm not going judge jk on it. I feel the blame is on that God awful company and his parents for throwing their son away. Now jk is 24 though so if anything comes up about him doing vile or illegal things than that's on him...like you said his past doesn't justify the choices he makes now. Also, there's always a chance at salvation right?..unless these men have harmed children.

jem123

Established
He always looks troubled. Fans get mad if you say they have anything going on. They see it as a defect and in Asia, disabled people are looked down on and ostracized. A lot of idols have acted disturbed or on the spectrum. If he is, they took advantage of him.
Poor JK, cannot believe sick fucks took advantage of him due to his alleged autism. No wonder he looks sad, or shows no emotions off screen..