BTS discussion thread

Asahi

Established
I have a question guys,which is the difference between hyb* style and language,and 5m style and concept?
How hyb* reached the top,conquered the people?
What people appreciate in 5m?

I have a question

DOES SOUTH KOREA HAVE ITS OWN BRAND OF MUSIC. WHAT'S WITH THIS CULTURE THEFT?

They're even stealing Spanish Caribbean music. I call them culture vultures. Someone had the nerve to say they do black culture better and we ruin everything. I'm tired of the theft. Cosplay their own race, and leave other people's culture along. Especially if they can't respectfully contribute. The braids, blaccent, hip hop aesthetic and the casual use of the n word is getting on my nerves. I assume every kpop idol is racist because it's happened so much. They do this with everything. Even Chinese and Japanese culture. Then turn around and say it was always theirs.

e-Enoch

Superstar
I have a question

DOES SOUTH KOREA HAVE ITS OWN BRAND OF MUSIC. WHAT'S WITH THIS CULTURE THEFT?

This is a very interesting and timely question that merits an in-depth research...

I'd really love to dive into an investigation of this but it requires serious time & effort...so maybe not for now...

I have the impression that SK music that is consistently popular is largely "derived" or "adapted" from popular genres from other countries, mainly American, European, & African...

I think the music/chant that would be culturally "original" to them is the "pansori.." Even "trot" is originally Japanese...

Kimiko

Veteran
Hibe cut most of the rapline verses out for these concerts and mostly only allowed the maknae line to be in the spotlight, even tho it seemed like jk was the only one of the vocal line to sing live most of the concert

I also knew their asses would release something for Christmas but i expected a new song and not the 76th remix of butter

And why are these celebs using btss for clout? Boyz II Men shawn really suprised me...I mean he is a member of one of the greatest groups of all time and he can sang sang so no need to kiss up to btss overrated overhyped culture vulture behinds

He said that their concert was on the level of michael jackson...they dont have the talent to back up a claim like that and of course their fans eat it up

jem123

Established
Hibe cut most of the rapline verses out for these concerts and mostly only allowed the maknae line to be in the spotlight, even tho it seemed like jk was the only one of the vocal line to sing live most of the concert

I also knew their asses would release something for Christmas but i expected a new song and not the 76th remix of butter

And why are these celebs using btss for clout? Boyz II Men shawn really suprised me...I mean he is a member of one of the greatest groups of all time and he can sang sang so no need to kiss up to btss overrated overhyped culture vulture behinds

He said that their concert was on the level of michael jackson...they dont have the talent to back up a claim like that and of course their fans eat it up
What? level of michael jackson.. it really pisses me off as a MJ fan that BTS's concert is being compared to MJ's concert.. the difference between mj concert and bts is like sky to the ground. These celebs really shoot themselves into the foot everytime they spit out shit like that...

jem123

Established
They have no shame! They use their "fastest internet" to search and steal ideas and styles and then claim it was their creation all along.
the very fact that one of their songs dynamite - half of the steps were inspired by MJ's legendary dance steps (zero originality on BTS'S part) and brainwashed armies are saying bts are legends like mj.. (armies are fools)..

Laura755y

Star

Level of MJ concerts! Are they serious ?!? Or just being sarcastic cuz there is noway in hell, they do think it was at MJ level, cuz that b*s concert was pure trach.

eyes@wide@open

Established
Level of MJ concerts! Are they serious ?!? Or just being sarcastic cuz there is noway in hell, they do think it was at MJ level, cuz that b*s concert was pure trach.
In another 5 or so years no one will remember a single BT5 song.... the legend that is MJ will live on forever. I was reading some posts on lipstick alley saying they had to give away free tickets to fill those stadiums..they are so full of shxt

Asahi

Established
In another 5 or so years no one will remember a single BT5 song.... the legend that is MJ will live on forever. I was reading some posts on lipstick alley saying they had to give away free tickets to fill those stadiums..they are so full of shxt
Could you give me the link of lipstick alley please?

This is a very interesting and timely question that merits an in-depth research...

I'd really love to dive into an investigation of this but it requires serious time & effort...so maybe not for now...

I have the impression that SK music that is consistently popular is largely "derived" or "adapted" from popular genres from other countries, mainly American, European, & African...

I think the music/chant that would be culturally "original" to them is the "pansori.." Even "trot" is originally Japanese...
Wow I thought trot was Korean. Their geographical location made them a crossroads of the world. If they were more respectful and willing to learn and exchange with other cultures, and less bigoted in their own society, I wouldn't mind them using other's music and culture. Instead, they put on culture like it's a costume.

Told y'all. I didn't see that post, but it was obvious something was up. When I saw that old man with a piece of paper with their names on it, and more pictures of old people, something was weird. Yes there's older Armys, but it's not the norm in America. When they're breaking records they use tricks to achieve their goals. It's not organic or a natural progression.

What? level of michael jackson.. it really pisses me off as a MJ fan that BTS's concert is being compared to MJ's concert.. the difference between mj concert and bts is like sky to the ground. These celebs really shoot themselves into the foot everytime they spit out shit like that...
They might be getting paid to say that. It's possible that Hive reaches out to a celebrity and asks them to write or say something nice about btees.