BTS discussion thread

Berrywon88

Star
They gonna be here for over 2 weeks and I'm expecting a post on twitter/weverse telling k-army that they miss them and then international/american army will get jealous like they did when they posted good morning to k-army while in nyc for the UN and it was nighttime in the states
Guess their fanservice stops outside SK. They can grab each others butts till the cows come home but greeting American/iarmies is where they draw the line.

Laura755y

Star
They gonna be here for over 2 weeks and I'm expecting a post on twitter/weverse telling k-army that they miss them and then international/american army will get jealous like they did when they posted good morning to k-army while in nyc for the UN and it was nighttime in the states
Majority of k-fans wont eat it up easily, they're mad cuz their first offline concert was in the States, instead of their hometown, which is understandably.
And then a live, where they talk bout how trashy internet connection is in the state, and how the weather is shitty, complaining about food and the list goes on nd on...

cadiz

Star
Armees are very emotional...again...

Ohhhh....waahhh....huhuhuh.... (crying buckets of tears...)

Seriously, what are the tears for???

they always take the private exit, idk why fans go to the airport to see them

I remember one time brazilian fans did a big project to greet them at the airport and they completely ignored them and took the other exit lol

Berrywon88

Star
thinking about what you guys have been discussing, seeing Jk clinging to the jin like that gives me a stomachache. Like, if they really do have an affair, jk was only 13 when they met. Man, this is scary as hell. I would be ok if the maknae line shipps were real, BUT JN? I'm sorry, I feel really uncomfortable with that, hope it's not real.
You and me both! It makes me very uneasy because I know a good deal of the time they knew each other jk was a kid and I start to question when did this all begin. Also, it's something about the way jk clings and acts with jn. Ugh I don't even want to think about it. I would much prefer it to be some kind of fanservice.

Edit: I didn't even notice jk was grabbing on to jn in that pic, wow.

Top 10 Countries with Most BTS Fans 2021*

Country Rank
Philippines 1
South Korea 2
Indonesia 3
Vietnam 4
Thailand 5
Malaysia 6
Brazil 7
U.S.A 8
Taiwan 9
Mexico 10

* from latestnews.fresherslive.com, retrieved 18 Nov 2021.
I was on the nose, just didn't separate the countries for Sea, and forgot about the Philippines, even though it's Sea, it should be its own entry. They

they always take the private exit, idk why fans go to the airport to see them

I remember one time brazilian fans did a big project to greet them at the airport and they completely ignored them and took the other exit lol
They're delulu and think the members love army. The only thing they love is the money, cocaine and prostitutes that provides when they stream or buy their junk. Even as an army, their merch was garbage to me. What can you do with it after you stop being a fan? Most people will move on too, so it's worthless trash for landfills.

Majority of k-fans wont eat it up easily, they're mad cuz their first offline concert was in the States, instead of their hometown, which is understandably.
And then a live, where they talk bout how trashy internet connection is in the state, and how the weather is shitty, complaining about food and the list goes on nd on...
Why don't they bring a cook and hit Ktown? They're so full of shit. Many Koreans and Chinese complain about foreigners even when they're the foreigner. A YouTuber talked about that. Chinese people were pointing and calling them foreigners in America. All the signs were in Chinese and everyone spoke the language. He could too and found it hilarious. I think it's a part of East Asian cultures. I don't think Japanese are as loud or rude, but it's normal for Koreans and Chinese to comment on physical appearance, foreigners and put anything down that's not their own culture.

e-Enoch

Superstar
I was on the nose, just didn't separate the countries for Sea, and forgot about the Philippines, even though it's Sea, it should be its own entry. They
You got it right by region, actually.

In this Top 10 list there are 5 countries in the Southeast Asia: Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, and Malaysia.

Two in East Asia: South Korea and Taiwan...

I'm surprised that Japan and India are not included here, considering the strong betees support there...:)

My country is on the list, and I've even seen profiles that call themselves "Christian armys", they keep talking about how the Holy Spirit uses their music as a tool. I'm like girl???
Muslim and Christian Armys confuse me. It's always the girls who wear hijab or are Christians saying they're army. They put themselves down, and say a bunch of men from a different culture look better than women. A culture that puts down women, minorities and Muslims. Are they thinking logically? I'd run away from btees and save my sanity.

You got it right by region, actually.

In this Top 10 list there are 5 countries in the Southeast Asia: Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, and Malaysia.

Two in East Asia: South Korea and Taiwan...

I'm surprised that Japan and India are not included here, considering the strong betees support there...:)
I'm surprised too. There's so many Indian comments under every single post or video. Indians who hate kpop or the crazy fandom call them out on Reddit and IG. I don't understand how so many Indians follow them, when the Indian music and movies industries are bigger than SK's. Japan is the most lucrative market outside of SK. I'm surprised they weren't the first entry. The saddest is black women. They're stanning a musical genre that steals their own, repackaged it and added some racism.

e-Enoch

Superstar
Why don't they bring a cook and hit Ktown? They're so full of shit. Many Koreans and Chinese complain about foreigners even when they're the foreigner. A YouTuber talked about that. Chinese people were pointing and calling them foreigners in America. All the signs were in Chinese and everyone spoke the language. He could too and found it hilarious. I think it's a part of East Asian cultures. I don't think Japanese are as loud or rude, but it's normal for Koreans and Chinese to comment on physical appearance, foreigners and put anything down that's not their own culture.
This is so true...hilariously true...Hahaha!

"Many Koreans and Chinese complain about foreigners even when they're the foreigner..."

I've personally witnessed this behavior in several countries... lol... very annoying...

And even in their own country they tend to be rude, unfriendly...

It's funny how they seem to "display a superiority complex..." but in truth, they are extremely insecure...

Berrywon88

Star
Dang that's cold! I think it was Brazil that had an event for jn where the whole crowd held hearts while he performed his solo song. He later said he didn't see it from the stage. They wasted their time and energy.

This is so true...hilariously true...Hahaha!

"Many Koreans and Chinese complain about foreigners even when they're the foreigner..."

I've personally witnessed this behavior in several countries... lol... very annoying...

And even in their own country they tend to be rude, unfriendly...

It's funny how they seem to "display a superiority complex..." but in truth, they are extremely insecure...
People with self esteem and pride in themselves and their culture don't act like that. It's very annoying.
It's Kpop"s brazen act of plagiarism... The only "original musical genre" they have is the "pansori..."

I wonder why they didn't develop this into a modern genre...
That would be different. Why don't they modernize it? I would listen and others would too. Why plagiarize and push others away from their own culture? Eventually they and others will claim ownership over black music the way whites do with rock and roll.

Autofill

Rookie
Your opinions were well said. I of course don't agree with that they shouldn't be held accountable for the content they now show their impressionable young audience. If this was a few yrs back when the older fans made up armies I'd see what you're saying.

And I'll bring one last thing up if you don't mind. I would not have any issues if they were in a normal adult relationship as you and some have said. I only brought them up because of the possible grooming I think was involved with an underage jk. I'm seeing the signs of a relationship that evolved from a predator/victim one. I mentioned the signs in previous posts so I won't go into them again. And these signs were strong enough that I stopped being a fan of jn. Of course I could be wrong and I hope I am. However, I can't help what I see and feel.
There’s probably no way of knowing if anything happened while anyone was underage. I’ve seen similar comments on videos analyzing them and a lot of people seem to shy away from that thought - obviously, it makes them uncomfortable to face the possibility that there was a wild power imbalance and inappropriateness going on with their faves, and in order to remain fans, they have to tell themselves everything was definitely legal - but there are definitely those that question it. The consensus seems be that if someone was underage, the company and other members would have had to condone it, which is meant to imply that surely not.

This is terrible logic because
1) the company and other members aren’t parents and guardians, they would not be in the business of prioritising someone’s emotional and physical well-being in a relationship, not unless it threatened to derail the money-making aspect,
2) to not condone it would mean the company et al have a good sense of ethics and morals, and while I’m not saying they’re completely unethical and immoral, I am saying they don’t seem like they’re saints either - anyone who enters the entertainment industry thinking management is going to be ensuring the talent remain virginal, abstinent, drug-free, teetotaller, impartial, respectful etc etc individuals is too naive to be in the industry. This is of course a popular image for celebrities to impart in some way, but generally no one can stop anyone from doing anything behind the scenes, least of all management. At the end of the day, if their off-camera activities come to light and mar their image, management can always just cut them loose,
3) let’s say the company and other members knew (and I think they did, it’s hard to miss if you look back on earlier footage that they’ve always had a thing for each other) and told them it was wrong because of current age or whatever, and told them not to, who is to say they listened?? Horny young people living together in close quarters, crushing on each other, and the fans are saying they held back and waited until everyone was an adult? It’s just a bit unrealistic, isn’t it?

I will reiterate again that there’s no way anyone apart from them know. I don’t like to use the g word or see it being thrown around because that’s a serious accusation with serious implications, and I’m definitely not suggesting anything of that nature happened here. Rather, I’m just stating potential what-ifs and also stating that those who say the company could keep a relationship from happening is absurd regardless of who it was between.

Kimiko

Veteran
Their fans really think btss/kpop can show western artists how to put on a show and I'm like where tf do yall think the stole it from? America or more accurately black america

Beyonce,prince, janet jackson,chris brown, james brown and michael jackson all american entertainers and set the bar for what a performance is

Also bruno mars and britney(so glad she got her freedom btw!)

Ain't nothing they can show us about how to put on a great performance

Also I know chris brown is a shitty person but in his prime he was a pretty decent performer/singer/dancer

And as for successful boy bands there was the jackson 5,new edition,NKOTB,backstreet boys,n'sync, b2k and one direction and they were all western artists

Last edited: