BTS discussion thread

Shuna

Star
Vidéo, d'une Youtubeuse: qui compare les critères actuels : français à ceux de la Corée, de la Chine et du Japon, qui reste aussi sur les vieilles critiques, comme il est bien de l'expliquer, des paysans dans les champs, qui travaillent la terre (d'où la clous laissés longtemps chez les nobles en Chine). Alors quand en France, avec les congés payés, qui coûtaient très cher aux pauvres. Le bronzage est devenu un critère de beauté (alors, ils étaient les mêmes quand l'Asie). Je mets le lien directement sur les critères, avant qu'il ne s'agisse principalement de publicité:
French video, of a Youtubeuse: who compare the current criteria: French to those of Korea, China and Japan, which also remains on the old critics, as it is well to explain, peasants in the fields, who work the earth (hence the nails left long among the nobles in China). So when France, with the leave to pay, which was very expensive for poor people. The tan has become a criterion of beauty (then, they were the same when Asia). I put the link directly on the criteria, before it is mainly advertising:

e-Enoch

Superstar
Despite the piercings and tattoos his fans still see him as kookie or koo or their smoll bean
His fans possibly...

1. Have selective perception...

2. See the "bad boy image" but it "hurts their eyes" and...

3. Are fixated with the clean cut, eye-candy Jeykey... or

4. They're just "tolerating" him coz, what can they do? They are resigned to the question, "so what?!"

queen82

Star
ooh yea very asymmetrical face. his nose does look better here though. his hyve surgeon really f*cked him up with the 1st and 2nd rhinoplasty :/ left him with no bridge.
and ditto on hope being the better rapper. i saw him live 2019 and his stage presence blew me away. pictures don't do him justice.
Suga and J-hope are better rapper than him

e-Enoch

Superstar
Its as if the light fades of his face, man is getting worse everyday, even with all the fillers, he remembers me of sulli sometimes.

Where is Jeykey?

(e-Enoch, 2021 Oct)

Behold those eyes look none...
Oh, jeykey, where have those bambi eyes gone?
When those windows as soul radiate warmly as sun...

When 13 and young...so full of charm...
When have those doe eyes gone?

Pretty lips used to move quickly as sweet...
Where have those smiles gone on retreat?

Oh, jeykey, when innocence fill your utterance..
When 24 and still young...now going damn...
When have those sunny smiles gone?

Last edited:

Aamy

Star
I think you express yourself fine. Please don't use "It's not my native language" or I'm French excuse every time someone calls you out on something on here.

And don't use xD after talking about rm possibly having to sell himself. That sh!t's not funny!
I don't take any excuses i just say sorry for my mistakes when i write, i said you didnt understand me well on some points, thats what i wanted to explain.

Aamy

Star
Very sharp replies, i also hate people pulling the "English isn't my first language" card when you can clearly see that this person has a good grasp on the language lol.

Source: English isn't my first language either.
Are you serious ?! I just said i dont write everything correctly ! She or he was tell me i was mocking their situation, i was explaining shes or hes wrong about this, so I explained what was funny for me and it wasn't because of them but because of Army fans , so i told he/she doesnt understand me, its not an excuse on i dont know what o_O

isabee

Established
Tae is just a whole ass capricorn lol but yeah I think he's fully over it and is only sticking it out until he gets a bigger bag
i don't think he's sticking it out for bag. if he could get out now, he most totally would.
so what's keeping him chained? everything associated with btß. the man is quite self-aware. he will not allow himself to be used as the reason they disband (the person that gets marked as the reason would attract all the hate from the fandom, etc & most likely be ostracized in SK). sad thing is that neither do the other 6, so he'll be left waiting till it's too late.

isabee

Established
gotta be honest... i don't see a star in jaykay at all. i think at most he'll be a flash in the pan in the west, nothing more.
the only people currently into him are those that know him from btees (and even sometimes i wonder if these things/posts are not the hard-working hyve* marketing team faking fan comments for engagement). if he were to embrace tiktok like yeonj-n from t*t sometimes does then maybe he could build somthing up as an e-boy in the US. otherwise, nah he's not going to make it no matter how hardcore hyve invests into payola.

edit: i censored names

Laura755y

Star
gotta be honest... i don't see a star in jaykay at all. i think at most he'll be a flash in the pan in the west, nothing more.
the only people currently into him are those that know him from btees (and even sometimes i wonder if these things/posts are not the hard-working hyve* marketing team faking fan comments for engagement). if he were to embrace tiktok like yeonj-n from t*t sometimes does then maybe he could build somthing up as an e-boy in the US. otherwise, nah he's not going to make it no matter how hardcore hyve invests into payola.

Hybe is promoting the living hell of him, he has good voice but not something like adele thats for sure, he's a good dancer but not so smooth either(park is smooth tho) , i definetly dnt see him a star like MJ, he'll never reach it , about his many , many talents, zt this point i dnt know whats real nd whats was faked by his compagny, does he really write some of his lyrics or is it just a façade.
His style, all i see is alittle from bieber nd alot from mijoo, theres no creativity in his style too, cnt deny that some of his solos are good, but he dnt have his own music style too, and another thing when he sings i dnt feel nothing coming out of him, no emotions, as if he's just performing, like when he sings a sad song , theres nothing , he should work on this too , he still have aloong path.

Kimiko

Veteran

Yes to everything you just said! Jk voice is decent but its not amazingly distinct

T@e has a very distinct voice too bad it's mostly ruined from singing out of range and no vocal training

Jk is an ok dancer but definitely doesnt have the fluid graceful movements like jimn

He also doesnt have the strong stage presence of h0bi

The rapline are mostly the ones who get any kind of producing and songwriting credits and even then its between them and 10 other people

Jk also shows no emotion when singing or dancing and a stage with just him...would be boring cuz without jimn,h0bi and yes even t@e when he is in the mood to be charming
The stage would be a snoozefest if they depended on jn,yn,j00n and jk without the other 3

He is definitely no MJ,mike never really needed his brothers but they needed him

Can jK really thrive without the other 6? In the western market at that? And with the bubblegum pop music BH is always pushing in the west?

cadiz

Star

I agree, I think he is the most talented in the group
he can sing, dance and looks good but I don't think he has so much charisma tbh

if I imagine a solo interview with him I think it would be so boring
he needs his bandmates to hype him up all the time, and on that new variety show he needs his dog lol

i remember when bt-s went to variety shows in Korea, JK was always too shy, he barely speaks when he is in other shows
but who knows maybe he can have some media training, it's obvious Hybe see him as the star

KEFZ

Established
Betees was not necessarily "formed around someone" but around the popularly emerging musical genre at that time called Korean Hip Hop!

But if it was also about "someone", the person could very well be....yes, Kim Namjoon, aka Rap Monster... who was considered to be one of the best among the underground hip hop talents at that time in the mid to late 2010's... He was an emerging talent as a hip hop songwriter, primarily... And "rapping passionately," hence, the moniker "rap monster.." And, btw, he was initially inspired by Epik High.

Also, consider the following strong factors:

1. When Bang started forming his own company in 2005, he must have been looking for a talent like RM because he thought of forming a hip hop boy group, he called BTS. Yes, this group was originally hip hop!

2. Why hip hop? The success of Seo Taiji and Boys in the mid 90's "revolutionized" Korean musical scene with the adaptation on the African American Hip hop genre. Interestingly, the founder of YG Ent Yang Hyun-suk was a member of this group, and Bang was well acquainted with him... Bang must've thought that "hip hop" genre could be the next big thing in SK... (Note: Looking back from their hip hop beginning, the group was heavily criticized for their mysogynistic lyrics...and RM had to "apologize.")

3. Bang was/is a very talented and prolific lyricist/songwriter/composer/producer. That's why he's called "hit man," creating lots of hits including many of betees' hits, esp for Wings album. He must've have looked at RM with favor because they shared a common love for poetry and songwriting.

He also worked with Park Jin-Young, founder of JYP, prior to founding his own Bighit Ent. He apparently shared common interests with JYP as well...both coming from Korean Ivy Leagues: Bang from Seoul Natl U and JYP coming from Yonsei...

4. Based on some background infos surrounding the founding of betees, very likely, RM was the "talent" that Bang was looking for... and so, in many ways, he seemed to have "anchored" a lot of things around him...
Ahhh thank you! That explains alot.

KEFZ

Established
I agree, I think he is the most talented in the group
he can sing, dance and looks good but I don't think he has so much charisma tbh

if I imagine a solo interview with him I think it would be so boring
he needs his bandmates to hype him up all the time, and on that new variety show he needs his dog lol

i remember when bt-s went to variety shows in Korea, JK was always too shy, he barely speaks when he is in other shows
but who knows maybe he can have some media training, it's obvious Hybe see him as the star
He would have to seriously learn how to control his impulses. He stays fidgeting or staring off into space.

After seeing some small bites of there concert looks like TH wasnt being a petty capricorn he was put in timeout.

Kimiko

Veteran
The others have to literally prompt jk to speak in interviews

And that interview with the pretty Indian lady all the others answered her deep questions very well and then there was jk who was just saying anything and not even answering the actual question

I'm not saying he is dumb or anything, obviously he isn't but I can totally see how introverted he actually is when attention is focused on him and he isnt on stage performing

Truthteller

Veteran
Is it just me or is jk going full mij00 by now?View attachment 64442
I hope this doesn’t offend anyone… but this dude looks more and more mental as the years go by. He is a stereotype of what you would expect to see in a psych ward….young person with excessive body modifications, rainbow hair and crazy blank stare. I guess many people with mental disorders try to deal with their problems through body modification similar to how they may self harm or develop eating disorders. He needs help.
And yes he is morfing in that girl… how very gay of him.