BTS discussion thread

Tsunami

Established

Tsunami

Established
Ahhh now that I think about their new song and the attendance of kids there... At first I thought it was sweet but now I am terrified about them....

Berrywon88

Star
He was very handsome back then. His face is different like he's malnourished, exhausted and on drugs. He had a lot of energy for one in the morning. They're working them constantly with interviews, meetings, performances and lives. There's new content almost daily. This is strange to me because I'm used to Western artists going months or years between recordings and tours.
Agreed to all. They never go on vacation and there is way too much content being made in a short amount of time. Jk did his live at 1:00A.M. and V has often gone on weverse at 3 in the morning. When do they rest?! To be able to go at this pace it would have to be drugs. They were once seen by paparazzi leaving a building at 3 A.M in separate cars, finally finishing their work for day. When these photos were released so many armys were praising them saying, "our boys work so hard." It's actually sick.

Also, I found this pic online and I don't know who the guy on the left is. I guess he's famous but he looks to be in his 40s and jk does have a striking resemblance to him at only 23. Crazy!IMG_20210731_085056.jpg

Tsunami

Established
Agreed to all. They never go on vacation and there is way too much content being made in a short amount of time. Jk did his live at 1:00A.M. and V has often gone on weverse at 3 in the morning. When do they rest?! To be able to go at this pace it would have to be drugs. They were once seen by paparazzi leaving a building at 3 A.M in separate cars, finally finishing their work for day. When these photos were released so many armys were praising them saying, "our boys work so hard." It's actually sick.

Also, I found this pic online and I don't know who the guy on the left is. I guess he's famous but he looks to be in his 40s and jk does have a striking resemblance to him at only 23. Crazy!View attachment 59412
Daaamn this is not photoshop? Omg especially under the eyes.... This industry ruins people... hope they find a way to get out of there...

Berrywon88

Star
oh

no wonder his ego is so huge

he must get off to the fact that people admire him this much.
He must! I've also noticed bh/hype have been releasing individual content of the members lately. This is the same company that's always enforced the ot7 or nothing nonsense. So why the sudden change? What are they up to? Someone pointed out that they have been making each member go live this comeback as well. And with the lives and all other content you can see who which member gets the most and least views. Obviously jk gets the most, but I wonder if bh is trying to see where each member stands in popularity with the fandom.

Berrywon88

Star
Daaamn this is not photoshop? Omg especially under the eyes.... This industry ruins people... hope they find a way to get out of there...
Yeah I don't think it's photoshop. He gets those deep wrinkles when he smiles and he has fine lines around his eyes all the time. He looks way older than his age and I think at times he gets fillers to appear youthful again. He's overworked and it shows.

He must! I've also noticed bh/hype have been releasing individual content of the members lately. This is the same company that's always enforced the ot7 or nothing nonsense. So why the sudden change? What are they up to? Someone pointed out that they have been making each member go live this comeback as well. And with the lives and all other content you can see who which member gets the most and least views. Obviously jk gets the most, but I wonder if bh is trying to see where each member stands in popularity with the fandom.
They're beta testing to see who should go solo and put out more projects. Like their mental illness concept, that started as a survey. The top lives are JK, Tae and Jm. Fans don't care about ot7 but give it mouth service.

Also, I found this pic online and I don't know who the guy on the left is. I guess he's famous but he looks to be in his 40s and jk does have a striking resemblance to him at only 23. Crazy!View attachment 59412
The life is being sucked out of them. He looks like an old man but he's still very young. He shouldn't look like that.
This is a very good observation! It is sad that most people not only believe at everything that is told about BTS ( their hardships, how they got to the top "despite" everything and such glorifying stories) and don't actually think if it is true or not...Also, it seems that BTS's biggest lawyers are the fans...who mostly don't know who or why they even protect...
Their fans buy their origin story, but it's not true. Their company had money, connections and the ability to make them famous. It wasn't by chance.

Tsunami

Established
There were also two other points that I didn't quite enjoy while I was "consuming" their content- the fact that fans often looked at them in forums, websites in a very sexual way "shipping" them and praising everything that they could see. After that, I realized that they always talk about being humble and no exposing body parts, but from the beginning, there is no such thing- first I believe mostly Jimin did it but after that the exposure becomes more often and reached more members. Why do they do that when they know that some of their fans are minors.... Is this not leading to the same effect as other subliminal sexual content in media? It is awful...

Tsunami

Established
The bubble is bursting I think. People are starting to see the truth.
I think that sharing the truth is the only thing that could help not only the fans, but the members too! But I wonder what could happen if hypothetically their influence and fame diminish. Like would they just get disbanded and freed or swallowed in that satanic pit, only to be used for other awful stuff?

Berrywon88

Star
There were also two other points that I didn't quite enjoy while I was "consuming" their content- the fact that fans often looked at them in forums, websites in a very sexual way "shipping" them and praising everything that they could see. After that, I realized that they always talk about being humble and no exposing body parts, but from the beginning, there is no such thing- first I believe mostly Jimin did it but after that the exposure becomes more often and reached more members. Why do they do that when they know that some of their fans are minors.... Is this not leading to the same effect as other subliminal sexual content in media? It is awful...
That always disturbed me too. During my time on stan twitter, I would see fans tweeting the most vile sexual things about the members and armys loved it. Also, all the disturbing fanfiction that's out there. Maknae line (the youngest members) were always sexualized since debut. And J*min if I'm not mistaken was a minor when he had to lift up his shirt. There is also alot of bizarre p*do type photoshoots they would have the members do in the early days. The Chicago Now 3 photoshoot comes to mind. Also beta kitten programming is talked about in this thread and that explains a lot of their current behaviors. I've attached photos from Now3 and you can see why I find them questionable...

Attachments

Tsunami

Established
That always disturbed me too. During my time on stan twitter, I would see fans tweeting the most vile sexual things about the members and armys loved it. Also, all the disturbing fanfiction that's out there. Maknae line (the youngest members) were always sexualized since debut. And J*min if I'm not mistaken was a minor when he had to lift up his shirt. There is also alot of bizarre p*do type photoshoots they would have the members do in the early days. The Chicago Now 3 photoshoot comes to mind. Also beta kitten programming is talked about in this thread and that explains a lot of their current behaviors. I've attached photos from Now3 and you can see why I find them questionable...
Daaamn I have never seen these pics...awful...the make-up making them look even more childish and the poses and everything... And btw I am not sure, but have they ever addressed the problem with members being shipped? Like I have seen fans talk about it as a problem but never the members ( which itself too is disturbing)

queen82

Star
Suga in the fourth picture looks he was about to cry

Berrywon88

Star
Daaamn I have never seen these pics...awful...the make-up making them look even more childish and the poses and everything... And btw I am not sure, but have they ever addressed the problem with members being shipped? Like I have seen fans talk about it as a problem but never the members ( which itself too is disturbing)
T*e is the only one that has. It wasn't in an obvious way but he responded to a shipper post with this...IMG_20210731_111851.jpg

These were questionable too.

The donuts blanket remind me of the Chicago pizza comments from txt.

Tsunami

Established
These were questionable too.

The donuts blanket remind me of the Chicago pizza comments from txt.

They are made to look like kids and at the same time some of them (especially Jimin) at some points is made so feminine...this is not right at all...And some of these poses and shots are plain sexual or submissive... And in conclusion, this is made reachable to any BTS fan, including adults who clearly had no problem with this.... how brainwashed can you be and just label this as cute and go on.... Im sorry if I sound too dramatic at times, but as a psychologist I cannot just accept this and move on..

Tsunami

Established
In regards to all I have seen here, I am very much persuaded of the effects that the K-pop industry ( and not only, but here the topic is K-pop so I include only that). But I am also a future psychologist and would like to actually examine how vast and how serious are the effects of K-pop (good and bad sides) on the audience (and mostly their fans). So in this regard, if there are here other psychology students who are interested in a group and global psychological research, please message me! :)