BTS discussion thread

Berrywon88

Star
Does any of you have a small desire to still listen to their music? ( I have stopped listening to their music since yesterday, never have been an obsessed fan) Like it is kinda strange, but probably because it has been a habit of mine to listen to their music for like a year or so. It is really strange... But am going back to classical music and my fav bg folklore music to mentally heal from all this
I was never an army because I never fell for that b*s and bh family crap and I had my favorite members but really disliked the others. For example I disliked rm from the start..he was a try hard, arrogant, and very sexist. The tree hugger rm now is obviously fake since he's a really bad actor. Anyway, I once had a pretty big twtter account before I started venting how I felt on there. Armys were evil and I closed my accnt. I only ever listened to their older stuff up to wings. But all their new releases are kidz bop circa 2006, so it wasn't hard to walk away. I went back to listening to rock lol. You're on the right track and it will get easier to distance yourself from them the longer you stop listening to their stuff. Their songs put a spell on you I swear. And every ex fan has a wake up call that breaks the spell and for me it was the whole Jim J. Y**ngi scandal last yr.

Tsunami

Established
I was never an army because I never fell for that b*s and bh family crap and I had my favorite members but really disliked the others. For example I disliked rm from the start..he was a try hard, arrogant, and very sexist. The tree hugger rm now is obviously fake since he's a really bad actor. Anyway, I once had a pretty big twtter account before I started venting how I felt on there. Armys were evil and I closed my accnt. I only ever listened to their older stuff up to wings. But all their new releases are kidz bop circa 2006, so it wasn't hard to walk away. I went back to listening to rock lol. You're on the right track and it will get easier to distance yourself from them the longer you stop listening to their stuff. Their songs put a spell on you I swear. And every ex fan has a wake up call that breaks the spell and for me it was the whole Jim J. Y**ngi scandal last yr.
TBh I was interested in their music because they covered many mental issues that teens face (as a psychology student that was interesting for me) and rarely followed stuff about scandals, their v-lives or such stuff, because I am not the type of guy to sit and watch 3 hours how some famous people live.... like its not my cup of coffee. It was the fact that many people undoubtedly believed them, even though they just present what the camera films and that includes a lot of editing, censorship and in general fake identities. And since they have the power to influence the world now, I just asked myself if they possibly could use that in a bad way...and they kinda do...willingly or not. Also as many "flawless" female artists and commercials with females create impossible to follow beauty standards. As for their personalities I can't say because I haven't met them in real life... Like I cant decide and judge over what I see on TV, MV's and V-lives.

Kathyana

Rookie
TBh I was interested in their music because they covered many mental issues that teens face (as a psychology student that was interesting for me) and rarely followed stuff about scandals, their v-lives or such stuff, because I am not the type of guy to sit and watch 3 hours how some famous people live.... like its not my cup of coffee. It was the fact that many people undoubtedly believed them, even though they just present what the camera films and that includes a lot of editing, censorship and in general fake identities. And since they have the power to influence the world now, I just asked myself if they possibly could use that in a bad way...and they kinda do...willingly or not. Also as many "flawless" female artists and commercials with females create impossible to follow beauty standards. As for their personalities I can't say because I haven't met them in real life... Like I cant decide and judge over what I see on TV, MV's and V-lives.
What can you deduct from their behavior in front of cameras? They seem close or at least they used to.

Tsunami

Established
What can you deduct from their behavior in front of cameras? They seem close or at least they used to.
It is hard to tell because I never had the intention to actually analyze their behaviour and relationship. However, at times I felt like they try too hard to fit the "humble, cute, goofy" image. Often their answers seemed ready, previously prepared (who knows by who). If you do not pay any attention they would give off an entirely flawless vibe, especially with ARMY's who are there to excuse every signal that gives a strange vibe. They often looked tired, which adds to the bad effect of overplaying the "cute, goofy" fav idols. And to be fair I am not sure if they care about their fans or not, because the things that they see daily on Weverse should have created a response from the members or the staff to make the fans understand that sleeping, eating and studying (or in general their own lives) should be priority...That may sound Idealistic and not good for their image, but It would show that they see and care about what happens with their fans... The last thing I would want as an artist would be to have obsessive fans who don't sleep, study or eat, but only share my vids and comment on each of my body parts as if nobody else in the world has ears or fingers... By this I don't mean to say anything against the members, I am sincerely worried for them as normal human beings being locked up in this satanic industry...

eaisa

Established
It is hard to tell because I never had the intention to actually analyze their behaviour and relationship. However, at times I felt like they try too hard to fit the "humble, cute, goofy" image. Often their answers seemed ready, previously prepared (who knows by who). If you do not pay any attention they would give off an entirely flawless vibe, especially with ARMY's who are there to excuse every signal that gives a strange vibe. They often looked tired, which adds to the bad effect of overplaying the "cute, goofy" fav idols. And to be fair I am not sure if they care about their fans or not, because the things that they see daily on Weverse should have created a response from the members or the staff to make the fans understand that sleeping, eating and studying (or in general their own lives) should be priority...That may sound Idealistic and not good for their image, but It would show that they see and care about what happens with their fans... The last thing I would want as an artist would be to have obsessive fans who don't sleep, study or eat, but only share my vids and comment on each of my body parts as if nobody else in the world has ears or fingers... By this I don't mean to say anything against the members, I am sincerely worried for them as normal human beings being locked up in this satanic industry...
they seemed closer before in my opinion, now almost everything looks scripted.

Kathyana

Rookie
You brought up a good point . If they cared about their fans why are they allowing the fans to obsess over them. They are facilitating it with all the games, storylines, reality shows etc.

Beholden to Paramatma

Established
Hey there!
You have mentioned that you are a guy and also a psychology student. It’s interesting to have a different perspective in the thread.

Though I have mentioned that I am researching theology, i am still very skeptical about attributing BTS’s immense popularity with anything occultism/satanic For I believe that there is something more nefarious at play here for which there is a rational psychological explanation. As a student of psychology, what do you think has lead them to successfully form numerous parasocial relationships?

My first red flag for the band was the lackadaisical attitude that so many of these bts fans seem to adopt immediately after joining the fandom.
the over emphasis on self love and excessive mollycoddling and encouragement of self centeredness is ruining lives.

Tsunami

Established
You brought up a good point . If they cared about their fans why are they allowing the fans to obsess over them. They are facilitating it with all the games, storylines, reality shows etc.
I cannot say for sure if they don't respond to the obsessiveness due to lack of interest or due to policies of the company. However, I see many ways to influence the masses that are used. It is worldly known that beautiful and feminine men ( no facial hair or macho looks) very easily gain the trust of the people ( while men with facial hair, big body proportions and macho looks usually are less trusted). Meaning that either all of South Korea's artists are goofy, humble and cute, or that is a fabricated behaviour ( which means that behind that we can have literally any kind of personality). I do not blame them for anything, I honestly want to help them, but I can't at this point.

Tsunami

Established
Hey there!
You have mentioned that you are a guy and also a psychology student. It’s interesting to have a different perspective in the thread.

Though I have mentioned that I am researching theology, i am still very skeptical about attributing BTS’s immense popularity with anything occultism/satanic For I believe that there is something more nefarious at play here for which there is a rational psychological explanation. As a student of psychology, what do you think has lead them to successfully form numerous parasocial relationships?

My first red flag for the band was the lackadaisical attitude that so many of these bts fans seem to adopt immediately after joining the fandom.
the over emphasis on self love and excessive mollycoddling and encouragement of self centeredness is ruining lives.
Hello!
Hmmm theology is also very interesting! It is an honor for me to exchange opinions and to have a discussion here!
Well the points that lead to their "satanic boost" is the fact that the major music and entertainment industry is in the hands of Satanists. Otherwise as I have mentioned in another post, their appearance is different (defining the male standards) which gives them attention. Also, I have encountered the fact that their attractiveness is kinda unisex- meaning that their looks attract both males and females. Pretty people are more easily trusted. Secondly, we have the ARMY factor- being part of a group, society, belonging somewhere. They often talk about their achievements as if it is an achievement of both BTS and ARMY's which erases the line between fans and artists. They have emphasised the influence of armies a lot and have given them... let's say more attention than most other western artists. And of course, I cannot deny that they have some very impressive and complicated choreography. As for their singing, I am not an expert to comment it, it is obviously very good. Talking about problems that teens have (anxiety, depression, stress and more) is a way to get closer to their fans. And the v-lives and other programmes in which they try to show their "everyday life" makes the armies feel like they are normal humans like them and try to look relatable. This is just a brief idea of mine about their success, otherwise, I haven't deeply analyzed and thought about why they are successful.

Berrywon88

Star
QUOTE="Tsunami, post: 430632, member: 12805"]

Well their scandals for the most part are about their music and not their personal life. Be it sampling a mass murderer's speech in a mixtape, misogynistic sexist lyrics etc. So there is no need to even watch 3 hrs of content. It's a matter of whether you will support them or not by buying and streaming their music. I no longer could. The lengths fans will go to defend them though is what I found most disturbing. I've never seen anything like it.

Tsunami

Established
QUOTE="Tsunami, post: 430632, member: 12805"]

Well their scandals for the most part are about their music and not their personal life. Be it sampling a mass murderer's speech in a mixtape, misogynistic sexist lyrics etc. So there is no need to even watch 3 hrs of content. It's a matter of whether you will support them or not by buying and streaming their music. I no longer could. The lengths fans will go to defend them though is what I found most disturbing. I've never seen anything like it.
Ohhh no, I have never bought merch or streamed their music ( I do not do that for any artist, I am just not the "fan" type of person). I dunno how some teens even have such money to spend on their merch... such wasted money that could be spent on education or health....

Berrywon88

Star
Is it them or is it their company. I think they have no freedom to voice out their concerns. From their lives, social media posts, answers in interviews..everything seems controlled by bh. They are told when to speak and when to shut up.

Riko

Veteran
Lurked here for the longest, super interesting thread! Don't know I'm fully into all the theories that you guys talk about but they're all definitely worked to exhaustion and not as close and cutesy as they act in front of the camera. About Kookie, nothing interesting or different to what you've said but just to back up that he is an absolute asshole and a completely manipulative fboy, source is a very close friend who works amongst that industry at a middling background level and had some encounters with the boys and their teams when they were running around America before the pandemic.

eaisa

Established
Lurked here for the longest, super interesting thread! Don't know I'm fully into all the theories that you guys talk about but they're all definitely worked to exhaustion and not as close and cutesy as they act in front of the camera. About Kookie, nothing interesting or different to what you've said but just to back up that he is an absolute asshole and a completely manipulative fboy, source is a very close friend who works amongst that industry at a middling background level and had some encounters with the boys and their teams when they were running around America before the pandemic.
he is defo manipulative. im glad someone pointed this out. people call jimin the fakest member but i think its jk. he seems to go to far lengths to get what he wants. also how is he an asshole? like did he hurt somebody or did he play female idols?

Berrywon88

Star
he is defo manipulative. im glad someone pointed this out. people call jimin the fakest member but i think its jk. he seems to go to far lengths to get what he wants. also how is he an asshole? like did he hurt somebody or did he play female idols?
He's definitely the best actor out of them I'll give him that. Look at his crocodile tears...

theartbook35

Veteran
Speaking of JK and his true colors... Have you guys ever watched YG really closely in different interviews and games they play on different shows? YG sometimes is cheerful, friendly and hilarious. But most of the time, he's quiet, only mildly interested, or looks like he doesn't give a damn about anything. To me he looks like the only one who isn't sticking to a script, who isn't faking anything.

In the Daechwita performance recently, YG looked bored as hell. He was literally just sitting there. It was a bit depressing. But that's how tuned out he seems. I've only ever seen him interested in and enthusiastic about his own music.

swayy000

Star
source is a very close friend who works amongst that industry at a middling background level and had some encounters with the boys and their teams when they were running around America before the pandemic.
you have a friend who works in the kpop industry?

Riko

Veteran

Yeah, my friend said that he's real chill until he's not and will just say some slick sh**. Definitely thinks too highly of himself. Apparently J-hope came across as the most professional one and not at all like his weird childlike goofiness on camera. Tae and jk are gorgeous in person, nothing much to say about Tae, he's just very aloof and intense. Like you're not sure if he's going to be nice to you or be horrible. My friend disliked Jin the most.