BTS discussion thread

gmmontano92

Established
this might be a bit of a reach but, I lowkey feel like jin and tae are related somehow...maybe brothers or cousins. jin seems like the only one in the group that isn't jealous of tae and their interactions seem the most genuine.
It seems like a reach but I've thought this same thing lol. Thought I was crazy for thinking it, so glad I'm not the only one. Wasn't it revealed a couple pages back that Jin and Tae though not directly related are part of the same bloodline? It would make sense. Jin definitely seems to be the only one to not "cater" to Tae.

I mean....to me Jimin seems the most sus.. But then u have yoongi that said he doesn't care about appearance or who he dates he just care about if they are nice or something like that.
This quote was heavily mistranslated. The whole "it's not specific to a boy or a girl" thing people refer to a lot was wrong. He never mentioned gender. He said he doesn't care about looks, just personality and vibe. I'm not saying this is what you said, I'm just clearing up the misunderstanding because it's one I see a lot.

gmmontano92

Established
I asked “does he have anger problems?”. I never once diagnosed him lmao !!! Pushing fans, bullying scandals left right and centre, conning people. Doesn’t seem the “nicest” from what I’ve seen. If that came off the wrong way I am sorry. Just like Jhope gives me a sadistic vibe, I asked if Taeyong gets angry easily, because he’s always on edge from what I’ve seen. That was hardly diagnosing him with anything. I was asking if there are videos of him getting worked up like Jimin and Jhope do. What does that have do do with Behavioral issues?? This whole thread is based on assumptions worse than this? We assume everything about people here, so forgive me if you thought I was being rude, or misinformed. Again never my intention

It is not my role to defend either of them here. Taehyung is known for his stage presence in Korea. Like I said he’s got the most rookie group fans based on it himself and is always praised by netizens and critics aswell. That’s just a fact. Same with Taeyong he’s really popular for what he does too. Just because I don’t really vibe with him doesn’t take his talent or popularity away.

I agree with the beauty thing too. I think Jin appeals to Korean or Asian beauty standards a lot whilst V appeals to a lot of races/nationalities in general. He’s known for his animated look just like Taeyong which is extraordinary and unique.

anyways they’re both satanic puppets who are using innocent fans so neither get my respect lmao!
You said "...is he suffering from anger problems because he reminds me of someone I know" I read that too fast, I guess, and saw it as "he is" instead of "is he", so that's my mistake. When did he push fans, though? That one bullying scandal that was debunked? And the conning rumor that was false. He gets a lot of shit thrown at him, yes, but none of it has been true. He's the scapegoat because SM is try to give him that bad boy, arrogant character. A lot of people who just go off rumor without actually looking it up for themselves seem to thing this about him when in actuality he's one of the sweeter members. What does anger issues have to do with behavioral issues? If this isn't what you were asking, I apologize, but if so the answer if in your question lol. J-Hope giving off a sadistic vibe...well, I see how you look at people. This sounds ruder than I'm meaning it to, I admit. I just can't think of a better way to say it. Sorry, English is my second language. J-Hope definitely has an over-the-top and/or fake vibe but I would hardly call that sadistic. About Taehyung, I never said he was untalented or lacked presence. I said if he didn't look the way he did he wouldn't be as popular and that's a fact. Let's just be real. There are plenty of idols with amazing stage presence who aren't conventionally good looking and you don't hear about them or even notice them because of that. Not saying that's what you said, just clarifying.

That last sentence seriously made me laugh out loud. So true.

gmmontano92

Established
You guys are right, beauty is in the eye of the beholder . For example Taehyung fits Western beauty standards but Jin is considered a Korean visual in BTS. So different countries find different appearances appealing. Vernon is someone who is very unique looking but Mingyu is Known to be the visual. so it’s to do with preference. I don’t think Taehyung deserved the most handsome man in the world award though lol. There are plenty of men who I find more attractive

anyways what’s the use of a pretty face, when you have an ugly heart. People start to look ugly to me if their personality sucks. I just can’t make myself to like them at all. Imagine your looks being your only personality trait. Could never be me!
THIS. THIS. THIS. This whole entire thing sooo freakin much.

Fujiko

Star
It seems like a reach but I've thought this same thing lol. Thought I was crazy for thinking it, so glad I'm not the only one. Wasn't it revealed a couple pages back that Jin and Tae though not directly related are part of the same bloodline? It would make sense. Jin definitely seems to be the only one to not "cater" to Tae.

This quote was heavily mistranslated. The whole "it's not specific to a boy or a girl" thing people refer to a lot was wrong. He never mentioned gender. He said he doesn't care about looks, just personality and vibe. I'm not saying this is what you said, I'm just clearing up the misunderstanding because it's one I see a lot.
I think the same about Jin and V...yes,they belong to this clan..the Kim clan...maybe someone could try to do a research about Jin and V genealogy

Attachments

Fujiko

Star
i always knew this but right now it is evident he is tired. Even in the UN speech he confessed to being depressed but fans through months overlooked it as just being more mature. Idk how they are able to keep up with acting perfectly fine when they are not...
Is it true he wanted to leave Bts?I saw when Jin talked about disbanding ,but i don't know what Tae said about leaving the group..

You said "...is he suffering from anger problems because he reminds me of someone I know" I read that too fast, I guess, and saw it as "he is" instead of "is he", so that's my mistake. When did he push fans, though? That one bullying scandal that was debunked? And the conning rumor that was false. He gets a lot of shit thrown at him, yes, but none of it has been true. He's the scapegoat because SM is try to give him that bad boy, arrogant character. A lot of people who just go off rumor without actually looking it up for themselves seem to thing this about him when in actuality he's one of the sweeter members. What does anger issues have to do with behavioral issues? If this isn't what you were asking, I apologize, but if so the answer if in your question lol. J-Hope giving off a sadistic vibe...well, I see how you look at people. This sounds ruder than I'm meaning it to, I admit. I just can't think of a better way to say it. Sorry, English is my second language. J-Hope definitely has an over-the-top and/or fake vibe but I would hardly call that sadistic. About Taehyung, I never said he was untalented or lacked presence. I said if he didn't look the way he did he wouldn't be as popular and that's a fact. Let's just be real. There are plenty of idols with amazing stage presence who aren't conventionally good looking and you don't hear about them or even notice them because of that. Not saying that's what you said, just clarifying.

That last sentence seriously made me laugh out loud. So true.
Thank you for clarifying!

I never intend to look at anyone in a bad light, ever! I always try to see the good in everyone. So when I say about someone giving me a bad vibe without evidence that is my own opinion. There are some people who I just don’t feel good vibes from at all. I was a fan of nct And I found it really hard to like Taeyong. body language, expression, eyes are all factors that hint at someone and honestly he just doesn’t give me good vibes like Lucas or Jungwoo for example do. I am not saying he’s guilty of these bullying rumours but we will never know if SM shut the whistleblowers up either. Of course they want to portray them as good people to appeal to that image of “oppa being the nicest human in the world”. A lot of the them are not kind in real life and their persona isn’t the real them. They only show you what they want you to see and therefore I have a hard time trusting any of them not only Taeyong but others too.

I can’t seem to link the article but Taeyong admitted to verbally mocking a girl and a press conference was made where he apologised to her but after that the girl fabricated more lies about him. The pushing one was seen as a misunderstanding but he brushes past a fan harshly and doesn’t apologise.
About Jhope, I posted a video about his sadistic moments. When he doesn’t know there is a camera filming him he acts and behaves totally different to what he is. He has choked Jimijnin the past and had said things like “I could kill you right now”. There are moments when other members are afraid of him.

To me Taehyung just stood out! Of course his looks play a part but his charisma just stood out to me tbh. That’s just my opinion though. Him and Jin seem like the kindest to me but a lot of people would disagree. Whenever I state opinions I am being totally subjective

Your English is amazing!! And haha yes I really can’t look at anyone in Kpop the same. It’s the ultimate betrayal finding out that someone I respected so much could be someone totally different to what I had thought.

gmmontano92

Established
It is annoying how some fans think they can control and get involved in their fav kpop star life. Like your here for their music not because their handsome or pretty. And I hate how some kpop stars don't just straight up tell their fans to mind their own business and live their own life. Instead they tell them they love them and that they are family. Which makes the fans more obsessed with their kpop star and fill like they are close to them. When they are actual strangers. Also I hate how they say bts cured my depression. like what are you going to do if they disband, or if something happens to them? All their doing is making you forget your depression for a temporary time. WHICH WILL NOT LAST FOR LONG. SO STOP SAYING THEY CURED YOUR DEPRESSION AND GET YOUR LIFE TOGETHER.

And I wish people did not judge others based on their appearance. A person's appearance does not define them. What if their handsome but have a cruel heart. And besides how do people know who is pretty and who is not??? LIKE YOU DON'T GET TO DECIDE WEATHER WHO IS PRETTY AND WHO IS NOT. LIKE WHO DO YO THINK YOU ARE. I JUST WISH THE WORLD WASN'T JUDGMENTAL. EVERYBODY IS BORN BEAUTIFUL, WE ARE JUST LIVING IN A STUPID JUDGMENTAL WORLD. THIS INFURIATES ME SO MUCH.
YOU NEED TO KNOW SOMEONE'S PERSONALITY BEFORE YOU CAN PASS ANY JUDGEMENT ON THEM. FIRST GET TO KNOW THEM. AND REMIND YOURSELF YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT. NO MATTER WHAT. BECAUSE IN THE END, ONLY KINDNESS COUNTS, AND THAT'S WHAT MAKES OUR WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
This is because their job is selling that fantasy. That's something that separates and idol from an artist, actor, ect. An idol has to be a jack of all trades and be available because their fans. I definitely agree this is so incredibly harmful and really counterproductive but if they were to pretty much come out and say "It's my life I'm living it" they would lose their fanbase. It's sad. It sucks. It's literally insane. But that's just how it is. Look at Chen and Heechul actually apologizing for falling in love. It's so disgusting. I wish I could be the fan they said that to because I would give them a lecture on all this lol. It's a vicious cycle because the idols are the ones who push this fantasy then try to tell those same fans to give them their privacy and don't follow them ect. Well that ends up turning out the same way it would if a boyfriend told his girlfriend to leave him alone. You push this fantasy on your fans and then get mad when they believe it. You can't have it both ways. I blame the idol more than the fans. Maybe the entire industry for even making this a thing.

Oh yes, the "I wanted to kill myself before BTS", "BTS literally saved my life". It upset me to no end because it's trivializing mental health. They're the same kind of people who say they're bipolar because they'll be happy and then get mad when someone does something that would make anybody mad. Or that they're depressed because their dog died. Like, no, that makes you human, you donut hole. I just shake that off as they're children. They don't understand what these conditions are so they go online and see the symptoms and then diagnose themselves with an issue where there isn't one. It's incredibly frustrating but what are you gonna do.

Lastly, I really and I mean REALLY wish I could say judging someone on their appearance is something people grow out of but it's not. That is, sadly, something we will have to deal with for the rest of our lives and all the lives after it. Now, there are some people like me and @ShiningCarat14 who, like she said before, see people's personalities as a defining factor. This guy could be the most gorgeous thing I've seen in my life, my ultimate ideal type but if he's a dick and treats me likes shit he actually becomes physically ugly to me. Likewise, a guy could be not so good looking but have the heart of Jesus himself and treats me like a queen and I would choose him in a heartbeat. I really love what @ShiningCarat14 said about looks being someone's only personality trait. It is sooo freaking true it's almost not funny (almost cos that was hilarious. im still laughing lol). I don't know too many people who put up with terrible people simply because they look good. Even in domestic violence situations it's rarely (if ever) about the way the person looks. It's more how the victim feels about themselves and the twisted version of love that they're accepting. I'm in this situation as we speak and, trust, it has absolutely nothing to do with his looks. On the other hand, if someone you find repulsive were to walk up to you and ask you on a date, would you accept and give him a chance until he proves his personality is ugly? Who knows? I don't. But probably not lol.

i always knew this but right now it is evident he is tired. Even in the UN speech he confessed to being depressed but fans through months overlooked it as just being more mature. Idk how they are able to keep up with acting perfectly fine when they are not...
OH MY GOD! I'm so glad your back! Its so refreshing seeing some old members coming back. The nostlagia :oops:

This is because their job is selling that fantasy. That's something that separates and idol from an artist, actor, ect. An idol has to be a jack of all trades and be available because their fans. I definitely agree this is so incredibly harmful and really counterproductive but if they were to pretty much come out and say "It's my life I'm living it" they would lose their fanbase. It's sad. It sucks. It's literally insane. But that's just how it is. Look at Chen and Heechul actually apologizing for falling in love. It's so disgusting. I wish I could be the fan they said that to because I would give them a lecture on all this lol. It's a vicious cycle because the idols are the ones who push this fantasy then try to tell those same fans to give them their privacy and don't follow them ect. Well that ends up turning out the same way it would if a boyfriend told his girlfriend to leave him alone. You push this fantasy on your fans and then get mad when they believe it. You can't have it both ways. I blame the idol more than the fans. Maybe the entire industry for even making this a thing.

Oh yes, the "I wanted to kill myself before BTS", "BTS literally saved my life". It upset me to no end because it's trivializing mental health. They're the same kind of people who say they're bipolar because they'll be happy and then get mad when someone does something that would make anybody mad. Or that they're depressed because their dog died. Like, no, that makes you human, you donut hole. I just shake that off as they're children. They don't understand what these conditions are so they go online and see the symptoms and then diagnose themselves with an issue where there isn't one. It's incredibly frustrating but what are you gonna do.

Lastly, I really and I mean REALLY wish I could say judging someone on their appearance is something people grow out of but it's not. That is, sadly, something we will have to deal with for the rest of our lives and all the lives after it. Now, there are some people like me and @ShiningCarat14 who, like she said before, see people's personalities as a defining factor. This guy could be the most gorgeous thing I've seen in my life, my ultimate ideal type but if he's a dick and treats me likes shit he actually becomes physically ugly to me. Likewise, a guy could be not so good looking but have the heart of Jesus himself and treats me like a queen and I would choose him in a heartbeat. I really love what @ShiningCarat14 said about looks being someone's only personality trait. It is sooo freaking true it's almost not funny (almost cos that was hilarious. im still laughing lol). I don't know too many people who put up with terrible people simply because they look good. Even in domestic violence situations it's rarely (if ever) about the way the person looks. It's more how the victim feels about themselves and the twisted version of love that they're accepting. I'm in this situation as we speak and, trust, it has absolutely nothing to do with his looks. On the other hand, if someone you find repulsive were to walk up to you and ask you on a date, would you accept and give him a chance until he proves his personality is ugly? Who knows? I don't. But probably not lol.
This is so freaking true. All of it is spot on! Chefs Kiss!! but I do blame a lot of artists for this. (I really hate that they are called “idol” - that name in itself is toxic, like they need to be worthy of worship, it just really annoys me) They sell this idea that their fans are everything to them. “Army is my everything”, “Army don’t cheat on me” , “if I was born again, army would be the best present in life”. This makes army more dependent and more in love with them and it just feeds into the reality of obsessive fan behaviour. There is nothing wrong with appreciating fans. I think if you don’t appreciate your fans you are a complete douchebag. But when you say those cringe Wattpad lines it becomes inauthentic and fake, almost like their song pied piper where they are mocking their fans for loving them so much. That is something I truly hate. Then they hate it when fans invade their privacy as if they didn’t feed that obsessive narrative and entertain it itself.

I do find people attractive but there are so many times when their personalities have just made them feel so ugly to me. Equally like you said others may not be who I look at first but through their personality I start to find them more beautiful. I know girls who are drop dead gorgeous but have no manners and their looks just fade for me. Attraction isn’t just physical but it’s also a lot to do with character and how you present yourself. The most attractive people are those who have the purest hearts! That is the reason I found Taehyung attractive. His personality was so infectious and it made him seem more beautiful than he originally was. He’s gotten more handsome through the years but his eyes have gone darker at times. You can see how beautiful he is when he’s on stage with fans and when he’s genuinely smiling and showing his gratefulness. When he’s on red carpet that whole cold demeanour really impacts his beauty to me.

I want to add, thank you for being respectful. We may not have agreed originally but we handled it well. That is the type of conversation I love to have with others. Not all of us will think the same but having calm and collected conversations are good!!
@taepeach it’s so nice to see you again my friend.

Fujiko

Star
i don't know but i'm sure that he and Gary Barlow have a romance in Take That years, Robbie wrote the song No regrets about him

I think victims of abuses and people who were abused by a narcissistic could understand how these idols sell illusions..the importance is put in their "victim" the illusion of being what he/she really needs in his life and what really could make feel him better...but when there is jealousy,possession,when the other is treated like a garbage and they put insecurity in him/her...this is not healty...and the illusion that they are saved by Bts or that their life is better with them is an illusion because they feel excited and happy...it is called bombing love...you make feel the victim loved adored...but this is not real love...

Fujiko

Star
This is so freaking true. All of it is spot on! Chefs Kiss!! but I do blame a lot of artists for this. (I really hate that they are called “idol” - that name in itself is toxic, like they need to be worthy of worship, it just really annoys me) They sell this idea that their fans are everything to them. “Army is my everything”, “Army don’t cheat on me” , “if I was born again, army would be the best present in life”. This makes army more dependent and more in love with them and it just feeds into the reality of obsessive fan behaviour. There is nothing wrong with appreciating fans. I think if you don’t appreciate your fans you are a complete douchebag. But when you say those cringe Wattpad lines it becomes inauthentic and fake, almost like their song pied piper where they are mocking their fans for loving them so much. That is something I truly hate. Then they hate it when fans invade their privacy as if they didn’t feed that obsessive narrative and entertain it itself.

I do find people attractive but there are so many times when their personalities have just made them feel so ugly to me. Equally like you said others may not be who I look at first but through their personality I start to find them more beautiful. I know girls who are drop dead gorgeous but have no manners and their looks just fade for me. Attraction isn’t just physical but it’s also a lot to do with character and how you present yourself. The most attractive people are those who have the purest hearts! That is the reason I found Taehyung attractive. His personality was so infectious and it made him seem more beautiful than he originally was. He’s gotten more handsome through the years but his eyes have gone darker at times. You can see how beautiful he is when he’s on stage with fans and when he’s genuinely smiling and showing his gratefulness. When he’s on red carpet that whole cold demeanour really impacts his beauty to me.

I want to add, thank you for being respectful. We may not have agreed originally but we handled it well. That is the type of conversation I love to have with others. Not all of us will think the same but having calm and collected conversations are good!!
I prefer simple things true genuine than great fake bright things...the personas doesn't exist...the apparence is only the cover....what is important is heart and soul

gmmontano92

Established

Omg, I'm not the only one! I never liked the name idol. It reminds me of the bible saying no false idols so the fact that's what they're called and people are literally worshipping them always sat wrong with me. I said the same thing about Pied Piper and Wattpad lines lol. These are underage girls on these Imagine and 21+ videos where it's gotten to the point they are actually getting porn videos to match with their pictures like they're having sex with them. Like what the actual f***. And about Taehyung, now I definitely do agree with that. Which is also why I think my view of him now is less attracted and more pitiful. I feel bad for him. Now learning all this stuff about what he's doing, whether forced or by choice, is really heartbreaking. I want so bad for him to just walk away from everything but I know it's not that simple. I can't remember who said it but someone mentioned about Taehyung not wanting the be famous and it's something I always got from him especially hearing more about his background. I can't say this for any other member but I think Tae would have been perfectly happy working on a farm somewhere with just his family around him. He didn't even audition by choice, he was asked to. He was thrown into this life and it's really taking its toll on him. Him in interviews, the red carpet, pretty much anything where he isn't directly with the fans makes him look so withdrawn. Even being with the members. Look how he is around BTS vs how when he's with his "Wooga" squad. You see how during their "break" he spent more time with his personal friends rather than the members. Man, I really pray for this man.

Definitely no problem. I know I often come across as cross or even argumentative but it's really not my intention to start fights or disagree just for a sake of disagreeing with someone. I have a blunt personality and even as a young child it has gotten me into unintentional fights. Though we disagreed you were respectful the whole time which I greatly appreciate and we were able to get our points across without being hurtful or combative. That's how it should be ^_^

ayo05

Established

Oh that was what I heard. My bad..

This made me really sad to watch! Really sad because Taehyung was a completely different person before. Jis
Innocence has been gone forever. He’s done and seen too many things to ever go back but I think what everyone wants is that old Tae. He looks out of it. How much will the pimp him out and make him carry on. He is human too and he’s showing sooo many signs of mental health and exhaustion but how long are they going to keep scapegoating him. Whenever he does that call me sign, it makes me sick. He’s 24 and his body is still for sale since he was 16/17. Like They say in mic drop “my body ain’t enough” - all hidden in their songs

The only time I see “old Tae” is in concerts. His genuine smile comes back and he seems the happiest. I think that’s the only freedom he has when he’s there with his fans.

I am thinking of making a video about him too. I will use some evidence to back up of course but I really want army to know that they should be looking at all the warning signs he’s giving. This isn’t even acting or a persona anymore. Collapsing/disorienting and having emotionless eyes isn’t acting. It’s so sad to see really :(

This made me really sad to watch! Really sad because Taehyung was a completely different person before. Jis
Innocence has been gone forever. He’s done and seen too many things to ever go back but I think what everyone wants is that old Tae. He looks out of it. How much will the pimp him out and make him carry on. He is human too and he’s showing sooo many signs of mental health and exhaustion but how long are they going to keep scapegoating him. Whenever he does that call me sign, it makes me sick. He’s 24 and his body is still for sale since he was 16/17. Like They say in mic drop “my body ain’t enough” - all hidden in their songs

The only time I see “old Tae” is in concerts. His genuine smile comes back and he seems the happiest. I think that’s the only freedom he has when he’s there with his fans.

I am thinking of making a video about him too. I will use some evidence to back up of course but I really want army to know that they should be looking at all the warning signs he’s giving. This isn’t even acting or a persona anymore. Collapsing/disorienting and having emotionless eyes isn’t acting. It’s so sad to see really :(
Does the video that taepeach shared not have sound?