BTS discussion thread

Plot twist: the secret couple being suga and jhope
I can imagine both of them with men. I think Dispatch posting Taekook all the time is to divert the situation. Of course they wouldn’t post the actual couple. It’s a metaphor that there is a gay couple. I also think it could be them two tbh, I can see them both dating men. The rest seem like they are bisexual excluding Jin and maybe RM.

Shuna

Star
V est comparé à Van Gogh, hors Van Gogh est mort (Lien Français) d'un coups de fusil. Hors V tiens un fusil, dans le thème "Mafia" à l'endroit du tire, une tache de sang:
V is compared to Van Gogh, except Van Gogh is shot dead (French link). Outside V, hold a gun, in the "Mafia" theme at the place of the shot, a bloodstain:
"Un trou rouge foncé, entouré d'un halo violacé et brunâtre, à environ 3 ou 4 cm du mamelon gauche, marque l'entrée du projectile. Plus d'hémorragie interne. Le cœur certainement visé, n'est pas atteint, du moins directement. La balle déviée par la 5e côte, semble descendre dans l’abdomen. Docteur Gachet"
"A dark red hole, surrounded by a purplish and brownish halo, about 3 or 4 cm from the left nipple, marks the entry of the projectile. No more internal bleeding. The heart, certainly aimed at, is not reached, at least directly. The ball deflected by the 5th rib seems to descend into the abdomen. Doctor Gachet"
b7d0f2eeb1247450a0da36140febb369.jpg

BlackandWhite

Rookie
Don't forget a lot of the Tw!tter users are fake and pretend to be fans to promote images with symbolism. I changed my account settings so the videos don't play automatically and I saw tons of symbolism in the thumbnails alone. Just some thumbnails/pics I saw scrolling.

20201004_160532.jpg20201004_160445.jpg
T@e one eye 20201004_155803.jpg
Black and white with the butterfly.20201004_160508.jpg

gmmontano92

Established
And good thing on Samsung commercial, Jin is getting what he deserves, a relevant exposure. I admit, I wanted to see him on a kdrama. He's supposedly an actor not an idol.

Lol i really like this. I'm glad it features Jin. He definitely gets overlooked the most. Yeah, Jin was training to be an actor until he was scouted. BigHit isn't even the only ones who wanted him. It's BS that BigHit wont allow him to be in a tv show or movie part-time. he definitely has the talent for it and it's not like they're even utilizing him. Dynamite was just straight up sad. It's weird because even though Jin isn't my bias he has always been my favorite member. I see a lot less BS in him than others. Also, he doesn't seem to back down to maknae line lol

Lol i really like this. I'm glad it features Jin. He definitely gets overlooked the most. Yeah, Jin was training to be an actor until he was scouted. BigHit isn't even the only ones who wanted him. It's BS that BigHit wont allow him to be in a tv show or movie part-time. he definitely has the talent for it and it's not like they're even utilizing him. Dynamite was just straight up sad. It's weird because even though Jin isn't my bias he has always been my favorite member. I see a lot less BS in him than others. Also, he doesn't seem to back down to maknae line lol
What do you mean "back down"

Door

Rookie
yes! you just summed it up, especially in that last paragraph. I wish I could find our old replies (too far back) but the convo was about how the reason BTS fans are so obsessive over their idols is because they are projecting their own image onto the idols. The idols are whoever they want them to be, so it's a two way exchange. Fans are not pure in their love, like BTS finally understood, the love is "fake" and self serving. It's like the youtuber-fan dynamic but ramped up to a higher degree. Idols are not meant to be relatable per say (they still can), but they definitely feel more accessible or relatable than the average Western celebrity. Fans can develop an unhealthy dynamic if they have a pretty fragile mind.

I wanted to share the video initially moreso to explain parasocial relationships in more depth and how they work using an example that'd be easy for our generations to understand (youtubers). I didn't know enough about Zizeck and other psychoanalysists to explain to you as well as Connie does in the video. The intent of sharing was less so about the relatability aspect of the topic, as I initially assumed that was a uniquely YouTuber issue. However, as you said, the relatability aspect can somewhat apply to BTS because that's the branding and image they project to fans on top of the struggle narrative. I'm sorry if the video could be a bit confusing in isolation of everything else we discussed lol :) it's been a while since we talked about it and it probably would've made more sense/context if I could've shared it during the original convo
I found the original convo. This is where it started.
But I actually remember what you said pretty well, since I've been re-reading your posts not that long ago. I like to save on my phone the most thought-provoking ideas and theories people post, so I dont lose them and so I can re-read and think about them some more later.
I think it's just parasocial relationships is such a mysterious topic for me. I still dont fully comprehend it, but maybe that's also one of the reasons why I find it so fascinating.

I had another thought. Do you think there's any connection to this and how people get attached to actors? I mean, when people mistake the character an actor is playing for the person? I heard that it's even considered "good" for an actor if they're an "empty" person, so they can take in any role.

I also heard a joke from a friend. "If you wanna pick up girls, just smile and listen, she'll fill in the blanks and later she'll be telling her friends: 'oh he totally loves golden retrievers like me!"

I found the original convo. This is where it started.
But I actually remember what you said pretty well, since I've been re-reading your posts not that long ago. I like to save on my phone the most thought-provoking ideas and theories people post, so I dont lose them and so I can re-read and think about them some more later.
I think it's just parasocial relationships is such a mysterious topic for me. I still dont fully comprehend it, but maybe that's also one of the reasons why I find it so fascinating.

I had another thought. Do you think there's any connection to this and how people get attached to actors? I mean, when people mistake the character an actor is playing for the person? I heard that it's even considered "good" for an actor if they're an "empty" person, so they can take in any role.

I also heard a joke from a friend. "If you wanna pick up girls, just smile and listen, she'll fill in the blanks and later she'll be telling her friends: 'oh he totally loves golden retrievers like me!"
OMG OMG OMG ANOTHER OLD MEMBER IS BACK!

gmmontano92

Established
I agree, Taeyong is probably one of the most talented artists and he’s really so versatile but he’s considered the most attractive aswell and I beg to differ lol. Of course he’s really handsome but he’s not someone who stood out to me. Lucas really did even though he’s not as centre as Taeyong. I also am not knowledgeable on SM artists but to me NCT seems like Taeyong, featuring mark and the rest. He gets the most screen time, the most exposure, he’s always in the news about something good or bad etc. Maybe I’m being super biased but he’s someone I really dislike lol. He just seems to very angry, rude, arrogant... I could go on. He always seems on edge... is he suffering from some anger issues because he reminds me of someone I know. His personality really let him down imo.

About Jimin, I agree he’s very captivating! He’s got the it factors definitely but I think Taehyung does too. He’s got the most viewed fancam of all time (126 million views just on a fancam) and he’s praised for being the king of fancams and facial expressions. He has the most amount of fancams with the highest number than any other Kpop artists. Non army and rookie groups even stream his fancams. There is something very strong about Taehyung to be that highly praised. Although he doesn’t really excel in anything a Kpop artist should, he’s got this charisma that just draws you to him. And it’s not just his looks, Jin is also handsome but doesn’t get nearly as much recognition as V. There is something very charismatic about Taehyung that other people with his amount of talent alone can’t make it with. His personality back in the early days was also something a lot of fans liked. He was seen as the cute, dorky one and a lot of people liked it because he was innocent. His new personality doesn’t seem to be favoured much and even though now he’s popular because he’s attractive and his charisma, army don’t really vibe with his new persona as much, hence why they keep changing biases

Sorry for making this army related lol... I just really am curious as to how it works that you can be so captivated by someone who isn’t necessarily the most talented.
He has anger issues because he reminds you of someone you know? What kind of crackhead logic is that. You can't diagnose anyone based off a few videos and especially with the reasoning that they remind you of someone who has anger problems. No behavioral, personality, or mental disorder is the same across the board. Everyone's chemical makeup is different. I apologize if this seems rude but as someone who has behavioral and personality disorders, that was extremely tone deaf and I don't even think you realize it. Anyway, I haven't seen Taeyong exhibit any of these things you all are claiming from him such as arrogance and rudeness and especially anger so spill the tea sis.

Taehyung has the most views because of his looks. I don't care how good his facial expressions are if he was unattractive with the same personality and did everything the exact same to the T, he wouldn't be popular if an idol at all. Jin is handsome, yes, but not in the way Taehyung is. Tae's looks are unusual, that is to say out of the norm. He's a type of good-looking you just don't see. I see at least 20 guys a day who are on Jin's level every day at university. A better comparison, like you mentioned would be someone like Lucas whose looks are also out of the ordinary gorgeous. Even Taehyung doesn't get away with what Lucas does. Look at how people made a huge deal out of Tae's e-cigarette vs Lucas's cigarettes. People were disappointed and/or canceling Tae while even knetz are just gushing over how gorgeous Lucas is lol. It's pretty funny.

gmmontano92

Established
V personality is one of the most strong,and an artist has personality to stands out...the others are more weak than him...but idol's life is not for him...he conquered fans because of his genuine personality,but now he is changed because his life is not a good choice for his happiness...for money and success yes,but not for his peace and his soul...sad but true.
About Taeyong at the beginning he was not able to dance,his vocal skills are not the best,Ten has something more than him and was able to dance,his talent is to be like Jungkook being a robot who learn everything...but a true artist is not a puppet who accept everything...a real artist put himself in his Art...Ten does it not Taeyong...
About his handsomeness he is similar to Yuta,and Lucas is more genuine beautiful...Taeyong seems fake and he is charismatic...but if we talk about talent no...he is not the best.If people are Taeyong biased this is a waste of time talk with them because they are like Shawols who thinks that Jonghyun "committed" suicide

Just to remind that these guys in the video are in Nct even if some people think that only Taeyong and Mark are Nct members
I know who's all in NCT, all 23 of them. And I never said Taeyong was the best singer or even the best looking. It is pointless, however, to argue over who looks better because everyone has different tastes and preferences. I can think Ten is the most unattractive person I've ever seen in my life, inside and out, while you think he's the sh*t. And unless you were in that room with Jognhyun everything you say is speculation just like those you're criticizing. There is a difference between facts and opinions

He has anger issues because he reminds you of someone you know? What kind of crackhead logic is that. You can't diagnose anyone based off a few videos and especially with the reasoning that they remind you of someone who has anger problems. No behavioral, personality, or mental disorder is the same across the board. Everyone's chemical makeup is different. I apologize if this seems rude but as someone who has behavioral and personality disorders, that was extremely tone deaf and I don't even think you realize it. Anyway, I haven't seen Taeyong exhibit any of these things you all are claiming from him such as arrogance and rudeness and especially anger so spill the tea sis.

Taehyung has the most views because of his looks. I don't care how good his facial expressions are if he was unattractive with the same personality and did everything the exact same to the T, he wouldn't be popular if an idol at all. Jin is handsome, yes, but not in the way Taehyung is. Tae's looks are unusual, that is to say out of the norm. He's a type of good-looking you just don't see. I see at least 20 guys a day who are on Jin's level every day at university. A better comparison, like you mentioned would be someone like Lucas whose looks are also out of the ordinary gorgeous. Even Taehyung doesn't get away with what Lucas does. Look at how people made a huge deal out of Tae's e-cigarette vs Lucas's cigarettes. People were disappointed and/or canceling Tae while even knetz are just gushing over how gorgeous Lucas is lol. It's pretty funny.
Now I had to go and check who this lucas guy is. Do people think hes better looking than Taehyung? Wow id never have thought. Also personal question, but u dont have to answer, what exactly does behavioural issues mean? Sorry im just not familiar with in what sense that means?

gmmontano92

Established
What do you mean "back down"
I'm joking. I was referring to the public fights Tae and Jin have gotten in. More like arguments rather than fights but I mean Jin not being the one to back down or just agree and let Tae's comments go. Like when they were in Europe and were playing a joke about V losing his bag and V said something along the lines of "Stop talking about it. You're making me feel bad" to which Jin said "it's not our fault you lost your bag" and ended up telling his to go back home. The stealing of the bag was set up but the reactions were real since V wasn't in on the joke and then Jin didn't know Tae was "acting" because he had previously found out. Then there was the argument backstage when Tae was telling Jin he needed to fix the dance. Instead of just staying quiet like the others would do, Jin doesn't back down.

I'm joking. I was referring to the public fights Tae and Jin have gotten in. More like arguments rather than fights but I mean Jin not being the one to back down or just agree and let Tae's comments go. Like when they were in Europe and were playing a joke about V losing his bag and V said something along the lines of "Stop talking about it. You're making me feel bad" to which Jin said "it's not our fault you lost your bag" and ended up telling his to go back home. The stealing of the bag was set up but the reactions were real since V wasn't in on the joke and then Jin didn't know Tae was "acting" because he had previously found out. Then there was the argument backstage when Tae was telling Jin he needed to fix the dance. Instead of just staying quiet like the others would do, Jin doesn't back down.
Wow thats so cool!

gmmontano92

Established
Now I had to go and check who this lucas guy is. Do people think hes better looking than Taehyung? Wow id never have thought. Also personal question, but u dont have to answer, what exactly does behavioural issues mean? Sorry im just not familiar with in what sense that means?
Honestly, I'm not sure on the consensus between the two. I do know that the most attractive male idol chosen by both fans and the idols themselves is neither V nor Lucas. Fellow idols chose Astro's Eunwoo as the most handsome male idol as of this year, while fans chose SEVENTEEN's Vernon, neither of whom would be my top pick. Just solidifies the old "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" adage.

myskinMylogo

Rookie
this might be a bit of a reach but, I lowkey feel like jin and tae are related somehow...maybe brothers or cousins. jin seems like the only one in the group that isn't jealous of tae and their interactions seem the most genuine.

5hawol

Established
I noticed too. Jin hold his own and he does not suck up to anyone.