BTS discussion thread

Yes anyone with a little bit of religious knowledge can see immediately the satanic motives. I saw it immediately with blood, sweat and tears(my first bts video experience). The extra femininity, checkerboard floors, kissing a demon, need i go on.... and somehow i still got sucked in. They really have great forces behind them.
That was the first video I saw of them and I hated it!!!! Still cant stand it at all. Hated EVERYTHING about it, the way they looked liked girls, the vibe, the concept, the song it self, just turned me off completely!!! I only got into them much later !!! But to this day everything about that song makes me feel blegh

OvercomeItAll

Established
Okay, so I finally watched the mv (with a lot of caution because the last time I fully watched a bt§ mv (ON) to analyse it here, it messed me up for days. I hate ON)

Anyway, so somebody already noticed the triangle on the floor where yoonggi is standing amongst the flames. There is a clear circle in that triangle :/

Screenshot_20200522-163804_YouTube.jpg

Blonde yoonggi likes to murder a lot of men (I discuss that in a bit). In this scene, standing bound in the centre with that symbol, it looks like black haired yoonggi is being prepared to be a sacrifice/killed too. (Which he doesnt end up being because he kills blonde yoonggi. Confusing.)

Speaking of sacrifices, this scene

Screenshot_20200522-163538_YouTube.jpg

Emperor(?) Yoonggi watches them behead a man. The severed head in a sack is then placed in a wooden box by a man dressed in a black cloak (I'll talk about him in my next post)

Yoonggi then admires this box with the fresh head. (There are multiple boxes there already)

Screenshot_20200522-163617_YouTube.jpg

To make things worse, some of the heads in sacks never make it into a box. They're hung up like lanterns.

Screenshot_20200522-163551_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200522-163557_YouTube.jpg

This made me realise that blood/symbolism of sacrifice always surrounds yoonggi.

In this single (Shadow?), he's surrounded in bloodish wax staining walls and doors.

Screenshot_20200522-164131_YouTube.jpg

Someone here later found out what artist/sculptor this was inspired from, and how it could symbolise the bands bloodshed. (The second pic of the sculptor's work
looks a lot like a coffin)

20200523_011210.jpg

In ON, we had this scene. A lot of red.

Screenshot_20200523-003459_Chrome.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is the entire band's bloodshed, but why is it yoonggi that's starring in these scenes most?

Attachments

Last edited:

Cookie

Established
That was the first video I saw of them and I hated it!!!! Still cant stand it at all. Hated EVERYTHING about it, the way they looked liked girls, the vibe, the concept, the song it self, just turned me off completely!!! I only got into them much later !!! But to this day everything about that song makes me feel blegh
It's easily a great song in terms of sound, but with all that demonic business happening, it's too off-putting. And people dub it a masterpiece and "art"

Okay, so I finally watched the mv (with a lot of caution because the last time I fully watched a bt§ mv (ON) to analyse it here, it messed me up for days. I hate ON)

Anyway, so somebody already noticed the triangle on the floor where yoonggi is standing amongst the flames. There is a clear circle in that triangle :/

View attachment 36687

Blonde yoonggi likes to murder a lot of men (I discuss that in a bit). In this scene, standing bound in the centre with that symbol, it looks like black haired yoonggi is being prepared to be a sacrifice/killed too. (Which he doesnt end up being because he kills blonde yoonggi. Confusing.)

Speaking of sacrifices, this scene

View attachment 36690

Emperor(?) Yoonggi watches them behead a man. The severed head in a sack is then placed in a wooden box. (Notices all the men lined up to also get killed.)

Yoonggi then admires this box with the fresh head. (There are multiple boxes there already)

View attachment 36691

To make things worse, some of the heads in sacks never make it into a box. They're hung up like lanterns.

View attachment 36693

View attachment 36692

This made me realise that blood/symbolism of sacrifice always surrounds yoonggi.

In this single (Shadow?), he's surrounded in bloodish wax staining walls and doors.

View attachment 36696

Someone here later found out what artist/sculptor this was inspired from, and how it could symbolise the bands bloodshed. (The second pic of the sculptor's work
looks a lot like a coffin)

View attachment 36702

In ON, we had this scene. A lot of red.

View attachment 36697

I'm pretty sure this is the entire band's bloodshed, but why is it yoonggi that's starring in these scenes most?

Hey I always look up lyrics on this site and apparently its based on a korean story? Lyric lines have an option to click on where they explain the referencing in the song

Of course im sure there are also deeper meanings but alot of it seems to be explained here also

It's easily a great song in terms of sound, but with all that demonic business happening, it's too off-putting. And people dub it a masterpiece and "art"
Most people love that song but I personally hate the sound of it. I know its one of their most popular songs if im not mistaken, aside from DNA who army are trying to get that BILLION views

Door

Rookie
Wow the video was beautiful, intense, and scary. Looking at Yoongi wow what a beautiful man. I mean how God made such absolutely beautiful human beings with talent and they end up worshipping Satan. Or atleast following in his footsteps. If that isnt a tragedy then I dont know what is. What a shame
I too feel that sadness when I see talented people worshipping darkness. But I wonder, since Satan is the best example of Pride, as the most beautiful angel created by God, (and musically talented as well), it seems like the more gifts you receive from God when you are created, the easier it is for you to end up worshipping yourself and wanting to replace God?

Man, as much as I like(d) Yoongi's music and lyrics, boastful rap songs like 대취타 make rappers look like silly man-children to me, rather than people who've achieved a lot.

Haven't heard the rest of the mixtape yet, but are there any songs on his mixtape that any of you actually liked?

OvercomeItAll

Established
Here we are again with the black-cloaked people (aka the cult)

Screenshot_20200522-163538_YouTube.jpg

The one to gingerly place the severed head in the box with his own hands is dressed in the cloak (clearly showing it was a sacrifice for the cult)

Screenshot_20200522-163858_YouTube.jpg

A bunch of them here (the head banging with yoonggi creeped me out. Hooded men head-bang at the start of Mic Drop, too.)

Screenshot_20200523-013311_YouTube.jpg

Shadow, standing before the "bloodied walls" I mentioned were sacrifice related.

Screenshot_20200522-164111_YouTube.jpg

Fire

tumblr_inline_p04x90uhlB1vplw4d_1280.jpg

Not Today (they're being chased but end up dancing with them)

cfe50e25871112b150846156c0999616ac32f1c8_hq.jpg

Aaand then bt§ themselves

bts-fake-love-extended-2018-billboard-1548.jpg

In Idol, the last dance scene, someone attached an image of a black-cloaked figurr standing to watch on the side but I can't find it.

Then in ON bt§ wears red (not black) cloaks as someone mentioned here.

taepeach

Veteran
I too feel that sadness when I see talented people worshipping darkness. But I wonder, since Satan is the best example of Pride, as the most beautiful angel created by God, (and musically talented as well), it seems like the more gifts you receive from God when you are created, the easier it is for you to end up worshipping yourself and wanting to replace God?

Man, as much as I like(d) Yoongi's music and lyrics, boastful rap songs like 대취타 make rappers look like silly man-children to me, rather than people who've achieved a lot.

Haven't heard the rest of the mixtape yet, but are there any songs on his mixtape that any of you actually liked?
Personally i genuinely love how 혼술 Honsool sounds. Its so mysterious and i really like slow songs like that. The production of the album in general was good and he can actually sing pretty good. I also liked Strange featuring rm. But im gonna review the lyrics to each of the songs. I usually just listen to songs only for the melody and the way the lyrics are being sung so ill ignore what the messages are lol

OvercomeItAll

Established

Hey I always look up lyrics on this site and apparently its based on a korean story? Lyric lines have an option to click on where they explain the referencing in the song

Of course im sure there are also deeper meanings but alot of it seems to be explained here also
Thanks. I'm usually wary of these because they make things make perfect sense (and not all of it is false). It's just that there is double meaning, and of course, they never acknowledge this.

A good example of this are Halsèy's songs, (she writes her own songs). The lyric and even music video interpretation say a song of hers is about feminism and liberation, it all makes sense and you think you've grasped the meaning behind the song. It's empowering.

But then you watch the mv and there are o*gy scenes and one-eye symbolism and mentions of blood comsumption (used in rituals) and signs of mk ultra... Like which message was shown and emphasised more, the women-empowerment, or the satanic agenda and the cult you're clearly a slave to?

The same goes for btś. They put out two messages each time, but we all know which they emphasise more and use to influence people.

Thanks. I'm usually wary of these because they make things make perfect sense (and not all of it is false). It's just that there is double meaning, and of course, they never acknowledge this.

A good example of this are Halsèy's songs, (she writes her own songs). The lyric and even music video interpretation say a song of hers is about feminism and liberation, it all makes sense and you think you've grasped the meaning behind the song. It's empowering.

But then you watch the mv and there are o*gy scenes and one-eye symbolism and mentions of blood comsumption (used in rituals) and signs of mk ultra... Like which message was shown and emphasised more, the women-empowerment, or the satanic agenda and the cult you're clearly a slave to?

The same goes for btś. They put out two messages each time, but we all know which they emphasise more and use to influence people.
Yeah I know definitely. Hence I said that there is probably the deeper meaning but the general theme was based off a korean royal story explaining the emperor and being put in a rice box or something along those lines.
Definitely there will be duel meanings and hidden messages etc.

I cant freaking stand Halsey eurgh. But if ur in the entertainment industry and a big name u will almost always find satans footprints

cadiz

Star
I already posted on the other thread but I want to share this here too.

in the past Sugar made a song about his weak mental health, talking about suicide
But now he is making fun of people who have drug addictions (I'm a tigger, not a pill popper like you)

His lyrics are very agresive (calling people bitches, and saying he wants to spit on them)
Lets remember BTS did a campaign for mental health and anti bullying. So how does Suga's lyrics fit in with that?

some lyrics from his song:

I was born a tiger, I ain't no weak pill-popper like you
Pathetic fucks putting on a talent show
Not gonna lie what a shitshow
I got no pretensions just kill ’em all
Ain't no exceptions I watch you fall

Who's the king, who's the boss
You all know my name
All shit-talk they got no game
Off with their heads

Tic tok, got a stick up your ass
I'm about to spit in your face

That’s your excuse for popping pills, cry me a river you just got no skills

His song is presented with a big budget MV and made to look beautiful
But instead of his looks i'm asking you to pay attention to his words. He has been writting agressive lyrics for years now.

And in my opinion a guy who writes such lyrics should never be the face of an anti bullying campaign.
That's all I wanted to say. And I wish you guys to be well, and stay well.

in the past Sugar made a song about his weak mental health, talking about suicide
But now he is making fun of people who have drug addictions (I'm a tigger, not a pill popper like you)

His lyrics are very agresive (calling people bitches, and saying he wants to spit on them)
Lets remember BTS did a campaign for mental health and anti bullying. So how does Suga's lyrics fit in with that?

You all know my name
Off with their heads

But instead of his looks i'm asking you to pay attention to his words. He has been writting agressive lyrics for years now.

And in my opinion a guy who writes such lyrics should never be the face of an anti bullying campaign.
Yeah his lyrics are super aggressive. Im pretty sure this is what he wanted to be and not the cutesy BTS he was duped into.

I was like JIRRE HY WIL OP DIE MENSE SPOEG! Which means wow he wants to spit on people. The anti bullying campaign is just a ruse. Im pretty sure. Not the first time iv noticed spitting on people referring in kpop, think Mammamoo in Hip Also does a spitting action

I doubt Suga would have been in an anti bullying campaign had he not been in beets. He wanted to be a hardcore rapper like this song showcases and RAP isnt synonymous with anti bullying

tmbrown3

Rookie

You all know my name
Off with their heads

I feel he is calling out ppl in the industry who chose to get on drugs rather than toughing it out(like him).Since there are quite a few alleged artists addicted to drugs yet they still are in the industry and wont get out.

I feel he is calling out ppl in the industry who chose to get on drugs rather than toughing it out(like him).Since there are quite a few alleged artists addicted to drugs yet they still are in the industry and wont get out.
That too! I think its a jab at what he views as the people who are losers who choose drugs. Hence him saying oh please is this why u pop pills, u just have no skills. Nobody can deny that suga is an excellent rapper.
I didn't even think of it regarding the anti bullying because in the end this is the kind of rap Suga always wanted to be doing and again, Suga was never into the cutesy thing. He didnt even want to dance if im not mistaken

Which again alludes to the fact that I doubt he would even be in an anti bullying campaign had it not been for beets.

%100 agree.
Small or big, they all seems like gone through some kind of operation, plus, skin bleaching, regularly using expensive skin and hair treatments and products, make-up, good clothes, filters, photoshop, also, they trained to be more appealing in front of camera, they know how to pose not only in photos but in general.
so when you think about all of this, not only them but most of the kpop idols are not that much beautiful or handsome.

In addition to that, they have weak vocals, I mean, its been years but still none of them have really strong vocal performance, mostly pre-record or auto-tone. Their dancing skill is not bad but there are lots of idols or dancers in general at the same level or higher.
Hmm. Interesting. Skin bleaching not so sure about that. The rest is normal entertainment industry visuals. I used to be an aesthetician and its not that unusual for men to do these kinds of things, it would obviously be more ramped up in the entertainment world.

I personally dont think they have weak vocals at all. The rap line are excellent rappers and Jin, Taehyung and Jungkook are really good live. Jimin can be shaky. But I mean I think they have unique voices especially Jin and Taehyung

Shuna

Star
To emphasize the theory that it is Jin:
As I said, each member represents a part, of his life: The last two are Jungkook, for his fall, and Suga for his suicide, his murder, his sacrifice.
And sending this meme that many people love, putting, with the scene of Jin, gives me the idea, that after following the corruption, Jungkook, the member who falls, to Suga, the suicidal:
https://mimibtsghost.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F618814691601465344
Another scene refers to this passage, which as he points out from Not Today, was not yet there. Jungkook angry with Suga, hits him. Corruption hits the suicidal. I cut, in this message, the explanatory part of this scene.

Jin is struck by Jungkook, for his treachery. Even if it has nothing to do, V is struck by his father, in Wings, but his father is not visible. Then, he was locked in a cage, and the only thing that remained pure, is the puppy, which finally also, like the fleur-de-lis is the sign of purity, and represents the soul of Jin, which ends up burned, like Suga, ends up getting burned.

cadiz

Star
yes, but he is dissing a drug addict after making songs about his own mental health struggles.

you can read the refference in genius lyrics (a lot of people suspect he was talking about the Ikon guy)

“Pill-popper”may be a dig at an other labels artists who where caught bulk buying pills and trying to get a discount for it, to get inspiration for their songs thanks to the hallucinogenic qualities of said pills. The whistle blower who showed the kakap conversations to the South-Korean Police said it was a frequently used practice she witnessed at that label since they were accepted as trainee who quickly became quickly very popular and had connections and relationships with renown artists of Company Label A.

So we are supposed to feel sorry for Suga for his mental health struggles, but at the same time we are supposed to make fun of a guy who is an addict, and popping pills (because he is weak and not a tigger like Sugar) I'm not ok with that double standard

again...this is just my opinion
i can't see anything good about this Sugar guy, just a man full of greed and basically cruel.

tmbrown3

Rookie
That too! I think its a jab at what he views as the people who are losers who choose drugs. Hence him saying oh please is this why u pop pills, u just have no skills. Nobody can deny that suga is an excellent rapper.
I didn't even think of it regarding the anti bullying because in the end this is the kind of rap Suga always wanted to be doing and again, Suga was never into the cutesy thing. He didnt even want to dance if im not mistaken
Suga is more a battle/lyrical rapper to me and they tend to be more brutal, like b r u t a l.

Which again alludes to the fact that I doubt he would even be in an anti bullying campaign had it not been for beets.
i'm not going to say he would or wouldn't, there's other battle/lyrical rappers who have more degrading/disgusting lyrics and still help impoverished communities, etc so no one can really say.

yes, but he is dissing a drug addict after making songs about his own mental health struggles.

you can read the refference in genius lyrics (a lot of people suspect he was talking about the Ikon guy)

“Pill-popper”may be a dig at an other labels artists who where caught bulk buying pills and trying to get a discount for it, to get inspiration for their songs thanks to the hallucinogenic qualities of said pills. The whistle blower who showed the kakap conversations to the South-Korean Police said it was a frequently used practice she witnessed at that label since they were accepted as trainee who quickly became quickly very popular and had connections and relationships with renown artists of Company Label A.

So we are supposed to feel sorry for Suga for his mental health struggles, but at the same time we are supposed to make fun of a guy who is an addict, and popping pills (because he is weak and not a tigger like Sugar) I'm not ok with that double standard

again...this is just my opinion
i can't see anything good about this Sugar guy, just a man full of greed and basically cruel.

I genuinely dont give a rat's behind about bt$, hence why this is my 2nd post in this thread lol, for me though i will say the majority of drug addicts i feel no pity for, only the ones who were forced to get on drugs/had extreme trauma and abuse. I also feel little pity for artists with mental issues, they're in a profession that amplifies it and instead of getting out/help they turn to drugs which is more difficult to obtain in Korea. Before you say i'm heartless i have multiple mental issues myself that i deal with (unmediated as well). So, my empathy is low.

Door

Rookie
Wow, Agust D mixtape is quite... the experience. Some of the songs are so insanely depressing that I felt emptiness in my chest. Especially "28" and "Burn it". I don't know why he drinks exactly, but I feel like if I was in his head, judging the contents of his mind by his lyrics, I'd wanna get numb with alcohol as well. Just made me wanna wrap a blanket around him.
And what's with "Dear my Friend"? I didn't expect to hear such a song. It's obviously really personal, and just... why? Even though I'm quite curious what exactly happened that someone Yoongi calls a friend, who he hates, or hates him, and who he is calling a monster, and is in prison, just...what's going on? It's so out of nowhere. I'm so confused by it. And it's also the last stop of this whole experience ride.
And so confused by "Stange". He's openly boasting about his status and money in other songs (and not just on this mixtape), and then, like a totally different person, has a song with lyrics like:
"Everything in dust, do you see? Everything in lust, oh what do you see?"
"However much money you've got, everyone's a slave in this system."
"The dog collar and doghouse, they are busy showing off to each other, they fight the whole day over whose shines more."
It really feels as if one song is written by Agust D, and another by Yoongi. But I'm not even sure who is who.

The mixtape is so disconnected, at least it felt so to me. His previous one was insanely depressing as well, but it felt like each song flows into the other, like it's a story that he prepared to tell, like he was trying hard to convey something personal, like the mixtape was supposed to be experienced that way, in that order, as it is - completely. And each song reflected the lyrics/rap, the music completed it. And it is dark, but it ended on a quite hopeful note. But this one is just...all over the place. Some of the songs, maybe there's a huge amount lost in translation, but it just sounded like rambling at times. Am I the only one? It just feels like it's not whole, like it's just a collection of songs he's made, not a mixtape. Is that just me?

I quite enjoyed the music and the flow of the rap in "Moonlight" and "People" though.

I'm really looking forward to any lyrics analysis you guys might do. I'm really curious how others see the lyrics.

Last edited: