BTS discussion thread

RaquelCF

Rookie
%100 agree.
Small or big, they all seems like gone through some kind of operation, plus, skin bleaching, regularly using expensive skin and hair treatments and products, make-up, good clothes, filters, photoshop, also, they trained to be more appealing in front of camera, they know how to pose not only in photos but in general.
so when you think about all of this, not only them but most of the kpop idols are not that much beautiful or handsome.

In addition to that, they have weak vocals, I mean, its been years but still none of them have really strong vocal performance, mostly pre-record or auto-tone. Their dancing skill is not bad but there are lots of idols or dancers in general at the same level or higher.
Yeah there was a plastic surgeon who made a video on them actually... because people wanted to know if they got something done and he went through each member and basically all of them got something done except for Tae I believe.
Subtle things so you wouldn’t really notice, I mean I didn’t notice at all which I guess is the point.
I always noticed J-hopes nose though.... I know what it looks like when someone gets a nose job and the way his is shaped he def got one.

lauren_xox

Rookie
What is the scar symbolic of???
The music video is set in ancient Korea. Historically, in Korea, anyone who had a scar was not allowed into the higher ranks of elite society and was heavily discriminated against & looked down on. A man with a scar was not permitted to ascend to the throne and was not allowed to marry a princess. Paired with his lyrics about being "at the top" and being the best, he's kind of saying "f*ck the rules" - like he's an outsider and wasn't supposed to make it this far but he did. Just your usual narcissistic bragging.

Also in one of the song's lyrics in the mixtape he brings up (again) about how other groups got favoured by the media and the whole "struggle from the bottom" thing that BTS went through. Sorry but I'm getting tired of them bringing up how other groups got a media push from being in bigger companies but BTS didn't. It's not an inherently bad thing for companies to market their artists. He should keep that same energy of hatred for TXT since they got benefits like big3 rookies for being Bighit's first group after BTS.

Last edited:
The music video is set in ancient Korea. Historically, in Korea, anyone who had a scar was not allowed into the higher ranks of elite society and was heavily discriminated against & looked down on. A man with a scar was not permitted to ascend to the throne and was not allowed to marry a princess. Paired with his lyrics about being "at the top" and being the best, he's kind of saying "f*ck the rules" - like he's an outsider and wasn't supposed to make it this far but he did. Just your usual narcissistic bragging. I'm getting tired of him bringing up how other groups got a media push from being in bigger companies but BTS didn't. It's not an inherently bad thing for companies to market their artists. He should keep that same energy of hatred for TXT since they got benefits like big3 rookies for being Bighit's first group after BTS.
That is fascinating! Wow I had no idea but considering koreas beauty standards im not surprised it stems from ancient times.

Im going to do some research on this thank you!

taepeach

Veteran
These are the lyrics for yoongi's interlude "set me free"

Chorus]
Set me free, yeah, even though I know it won't turn out however I want to, hm
Set me free, yeah, even though I know it is not what I want, oh no no no (well the only way to be free is giving up your allegiance to satan and repenting, even though it seems that difficult to do)

[Verse]
Set me free, I'm freely afloat in the air
Set me free, these days I feel blue for some reason
My day crawls on the ground
And another flies in the sky
Why why
(he enjoys fame, but feels empty and depressed, but then feels ecstasy on the "rewards" hes gotten. Gosh that mind control is really showing)

[Chorus]
Set me free, yeah, even though I know it won't turn out however I want to, hm
Set me free, yeah, even though I know it is not what I want, oh no no no

[Outro]
Set me free, yeah
Set me free, yeah
Set me free, yeah
Set me free, yeah
Set me free

So its like hes boasting and proclaiming how much he enjoys where hes at now, to the point where he cant get more higher than he is now, but but bevause of being too high up in fame, he feels depressed and "blue" because of the long way back down and still not being fulfilled/complete with his life. Its like Shadow. He is literally battling with the addiction of wanting more fame and fortune but at the same time it is too much for him to handle and it leaves him more sad and empty, but thinks its been worth it because of all the things he is able to have now. Literally its satan telling yoongi "you got what you wanted, you should be happy no?? Why do you still seek for more if its clearly making you "sad"?? You want more fame and fortune?? Then you gotta continue "fighting" for it even until your dead, hungry and thirsty, i can give you the whole world if you continue bowing for me". And sadly as a mk slave he thinks he is benefiting from all of this and doing the right thing....

Shadow
I wanna be a rap star
I wanna be the top
I wanna be a rockstar
I want it all mine
I wanna be rich
I wanna be the king
I wanna be me
I want a big thing
Oh boy let me see
I got a big dream yeah

[Verse 1]
Ooh, I wondered everyday how far I’d go
I came to my senses and I find myself here

Yeah, hmm, shadow at my feet
Look down, it’s gotten even bigger
I run but the shadow follows, as dark as the light's intense (condemnation, depression and expectation of giving more in the industry/occult follows him)
I'm afraid, flying high is terrifying (in the occult, members admit how terrifying it is to see and do the things that are happening, yet they do it anyways cuz itll be worth it cuz they will finally "illuminate" and become "gods" in the end)
No one told me how lonely it is up here (satan lures you in only to abandon you and treat you as a peasant in chains. And locking up mind control slaves alone for hours/days is a form of torture they do) I can leap in the air but also plunge, now I know
Running away could be an option too, pause (
but if he escapes, he will most likely be targeted or even killed/sacrificed, so he has to "pause" on that option)
People say, there’s splendor in that bright light (how he has heard about God/eternal life being splendid??)
But my growing shadow swallows me and becomes a monster (but even if it is good, he is too defeated and a complete slave to the industry/Satan)
Up high, high, and higher, higher
I only go higher and vertigo overtakes me
I rise, rise, I hate it
I pray, I pray, hoping to be okay
(again with the "i hate it but i love it/i love it but i hate it")

[Chorus]
The moment I’m flying high as I wished
My shadow grows in that blasting stark light
Please don’t let me shine
Don’t let me down
Don’t let me fly
Now I’m afraid
(the more he desires more fortune and riches, the more he sees darkness and demons pollute his life, and will require more programming and rituals, which then ends up making him afraid to experience what he has to go through just to receive those temporary things)
The moment I face myself brought lowest
It so happens that I’m flying the highest
Please don’t let me shine
Don’t let me down
Don’t let me fly
Now I’m scared
Don’t let me shine (yoongi: stop giving me more fame, it is hurting me and making them (the handlers) squeeze out more of me when i almost have none! But still keep worshipping me because it is what gives me strength and energy and feeds me to keep reaching higher ranks and gain more rewards! Look at all the things i have now)

[verse 2]
Try smiling – what are you hesitating for?
Wasn’t this the kind of thing you were hoping for?
Or cry instead – what are you scared of?
Wasn’t this the kind of thing you’d been wanting?
The life you hoped for, the life you wanted
The life you chose: you achieved everything without regrets
And on top of that, you have a big house, big cars, big rings
All the things you wanted, you’ve got it all
So what’s the problem? Just enjoy it
Or just let it go – no?

Then run – or stop
Don’t whine, just choose one or the other
You’re saying I never told you that? (Yeah, yeah)

You’re asking me if I really didn’t know? (Oh no)
I’ll simply take just as much as you own, whatever it is
That at times, your rest becomes your fall
Do you finally get it?
That giving it your best effort every time is what it means to do your best

It reminds me of michael jackson's "price of fame"

Father always told me you wont live a quiet life,
if you're reaching for fortune and fame
I feel the pressure setting in
Im living just to win
Im down in my pain
dont you feel it (no pain)

Its the price of fame
You pay the price of fame
So dont be feeling no pain!
Its the price of fame
You pay the price of fame
So dont you ever complain!

Notaslave

Rookie
Hmm when I look at their pre debut pics and now,to be honest I think everyone looks drab at a younger age and go through transformations as they get older. Their pics seem no different to mine in comparison to being super dorky and drab as a teen and now looking totally different. I dont think they have undergone plastic surgery. They obviously definitely do the makeup and style their hair etc. But I prefer all of them without makeup and just as normal dudes. So maybe im biased

I do think asian people are the most beautiful so that could be why.

In real life, even the most beautiful person starts looking ugly to me depending on their energy and attitude so I totally get what ur saying!
I love asian people as well. I always loved people with asian appearance even when I was a kid. I don’t even know why because I live in a country where we don’t see them and I was always surrounded by racist people. But still when I was a kid my crush was Jackie Chan lol. And I think this is one of the reasons why I liked BTS. This unique asian beauty can’t be compared to anything. I am not saying that they were ugly before their debut but now they look like angels! They were just ordinary people... I mean that this “angelic” beauty isn’t natural. Still they looked okay but not like angels. That’s what I mean. But now I don’t see their beauty because of their evil side. Also I think that when I was 13 I looked better than now. But it depends on a person:)

And about plastic surgery. I can see that they look different now but I can’t say what is different. I thought that this is just makeup but no. Also I liked them with their natural hair color and without makeup too. But a lot of fans like them only when they have their makeup on and so on. So they are delusional.

taepeach

Veteran
Very interesting lyrics, he is very blatantly talking about the industry and his inner battle but the fans most likely will make up something totally unrelated.
View attachment 36666
Also interesting how he mentions peter pan. Its just ironic how he says he resents God for "making him live this kind of life" when he chose to continue/follow it! And thats wjat handlers and occultists due in the progress of programming and torture, they hypnotize and tell the victim that God doesnt love them and it is Gods fault and He is the one doing all this evil to them. But yeah im honestly starting to think yoongi is more emotionally unstable and mk programmed than jk or jimin. Hes the one experiencing and expressing the most bitterness and depression from all of this, maybe even honesty. Did yall also see jin and jungkook in the mv as well where they fight? That scene was kind of random/funny lol

Yeah there was a plastic surgeon who made a video on them actually... because people wanted to know if they got something done and he went through each member and basically all of them got something done except for Tae I believe.
Subtle things so you wouldn’t really notice, I mean I didn’t notice at all which I guess is the point.
I always noticed J-hopes nose though.... I know what it looks like when someone gets a nose job and the way his is shaped he def got one.
Thats so odd because I watched a plastic surgeon say they havnt had anything done lol. It could be said that everyone sees what they want to. When I look at their before pics and now they look the same
Except JK, well to me he looks different especially his nose.

I love asian people as well. I always loved people with asian appearance even when I was a kid. I don’t even know why because I live in a country where we don’t see them and I was always surrounded by racist people. But still when I was a kid my crush was Jackie Chan lol. And I think this is one of the reasons why I liked BTS. This unique asian beauty can’t be compared to anything. I am not saying that they were ugly before their debut but now they look like angels! They were just ordinary people... I mean that this “angelic” beauty isn’t natural. Still they looked okay but not like angels. That’s what I mean. But now I don’t see their beauty because of their evil side. Also I think that when I was 13 I looked better than now. But it depends on a person:)

And about plastic surgery. I can see that they look different now but I can’t say what is different. I thought that this is just makeup but no. Also I liked them with their natural hair color and without makeup too. But a lot of fans like them only when they have their makeup on and so on. So they are delusional.
May I ask what country u are from???

Yeah asia is so large and the people are beautiful from all parts. I belong to an asian society group and they post people from even rural cambodia, nepal, thailand, Uzbekistan, laos etc etc and just so beautiful!

I think these fans that only like BTS all dolled up and stick thin, are toxic people they are truly disgusting. This doesnt only pertain to BTS but what kind of people idolize these sick standards

Notaslave

Rookie

Yeah asia is so large and the people are beautiful from all parts. I belong to an asian society group and they post people from even rural cambodia, nepal, thailand, Uzbekistan, laos etc etc and just so beautiful!

I think these fans that only like BTS all dolled up and stick thin, are toxic people they are truly disgusting. This doesnt only pertain to BTS but what kind of people idolize these sick standards
I am from Ukraine :) And ukrainian people are not really racist but more like uneducated.

Yesss asian people are beautiful. I love their eyes (hope it doesn’t sound weird lol)

Cookie

Established

Exactly... No make up BTS looks so much better and healthier. Idk why they started going down the unnatural road

I am from Ukraine :) And ukrainian people are not really racist but more like uneducated.

Yesss asian people are beautiful. I love their eyes (hope it doesn’t sound weird lol)
Ah yes I understand! Dont know much about Ukraine. Ill go and look it up :)

No it doesn't sound weird lol the eyes is what makes asian people look Asian and I love it. My family is part Asian so my dad has extremely slanted eyes but they hazel. It looks so good! I am jealous lol. I looked completely Chinese as a child but as an adult I look totally totally different, and though ppl ask if im part Asian, ppl think I look more Iranian or Indian now.

Anyways Asia is an amazingly beautiful place I hope I can go there some day!
If anyone likes ASMR I listen to a Chinese Asmrtist named TING TING and she is incredible! Just if anyone wants to check her out if they into that kind of thing

Last edited:
Exactly... No make up BTS looks so much better and healthier. Idk why they started going down the unnatural road
Honestly someone pointed out that when they video their dance practices they dress like men and have no makeup on and its so great. Honestly its the Satanic AGENDA to change men into women and vice versa because honestly theres nnothing wrong with them being manly normal BTS. Im sure they would still have fans

Cookie

Established
Honestly someone pointed out that when they video their dance practices they dress like men and have no makeup on and its so great. Honestly its the Satanic AGENDA to change men into women and vice versa because honestly theres nnothing wrong with them being manly normal BTS. Im sure they would still have fans
Yes i noticed that because i unfortunately still being stuck in the hole watch their dance practices and honestly, they are much more appealing and i think they'd reach a wider audience.. Yes the backwards agenda is unfortunate. And its creepy how people praise their androgynous looks more then the natural, especially the girls.. Why would you as a female want a boy to look like a girl..I guess the world really is going the wrong way.

Yes i noticed that because i unfortunately still being stuck in the hole watch their dance practices and honestly, they are much more appealing and i think they'd reach a wider audience.. Yes the backwards agenda is unfortunate. And its creepy how people praise their androgynous looks more then the natural, especially the girls.. Why would you as a female want a boy to look like a girl..I guess the world really is going the wrong way.
Its very odd. People are easily lead astray when they dont have knowledge of God and what is right and wrong. Someone in this thread, way way back in like 2018 or something said, all these young kids obsessed with BTS fall for the crap because their parents are not teaching them about God. And that is correct. In past posts iv mentioned that even I became okay with the androgeny, with the gayness even saying I can totally understand dudes being Gay for BTS, I used to watch those YouTube videos such as JIMIN MAKING MEN QUESTION THEIR SEXUALITY, and I used to love it(even though prior to BTS I didnt condone homosexuality. But because I have knowledge about my religion and what is right and wrong and about the Satanic AGENDA, I had to pull back and say um what is happening here, im going astray. And I pulled myself together. These young kids with no guidance are so fooled and blinded by this new world!!' I see it in my younger cousins its very bad

ignoramus

Rookie
Ah yes I understand! Dont know much about Ukraine. Ill go and look it up :)

No it doesn't sound weird lol the eyes is what makes asian people look Asian and I love it. My family is part Asian so my dad has extremely slanted eyes but they hazel. It looks so good! I am jealous lol. I looked completely Chinese as a child but as an adult I look totally totally different, and though ppl ask if im part Asian, ppl think I look more Iranian or Indian now.

Anyways Asia is an amazingly beautiful place I hope I can go there some day!
If anyone likes ASMR I listen to a Chinese Asmrtist named TING TING and she is incredible! Just if anyone wants to check her out if they into that kind of thing
Not trying to start a fight here. As someone who was born in Asia, just a little reminder that not all Asians look the same. Not all of us have slanted eyes, not all of us have monolids, not all of us are light skinned.

There are asians with round eyes, there are asians with double lids, there are asians with brown skin. Please, as a reminder, do not think that all Asians have a singular and stereotypical look to them.

This is a quick message for everyone in the thread.

Cookie

Established
Its very odd. People are easily lead astray when they dont have knowledge of God and what is right and wrong. Someone in this thread, way way back in like 2018 or something said, all these young kids obsessed with BTS fall for the crap because their parents are not teaching them about God. And that is correct. In past posts iv mentioned that even I became okay with the androgeny, with the gayness even saying I can totally understand dudes being Gay for BTS, I used to watch those YouTube videos such as JIMIN MAKING MEN QUESTION THEIR SEXUALITY, and I used to love it(even though prior to BTS I didnt condone homosexuality. But because I have knowledge about my religion and what is right and wrong and about the Satanic AGENDA, I had to pull back and say um what is happening here, im going astray. And I pulled myself together. These young kids with no guidance are so fooled and blinded by this new world!!' I see it in my younger cousins its very bad
Yes anyone with a little bit of religious knowledge can see immediately the satanic motives. I saw it immediately with blood, sweat and tears(my first bts video experience). The extra femininity, checkerboard floors, kissing a demon, need i go on.... and somehow i still got sucked in. They really have great forces behind them.

Not trying to start a fight here. As someone who was born in Asia, just a little reminder that not all Asians look the same. Not all of us have slanted eyes, not all of us have monolids, not all of us are light skinned.

There are asians with round eyes, there are asians with double lids, there are asians with brown skin. Please, as a reminder, do not think that all Asians have a singular and stereotypical look to them.

I see people from all around asia so yes maybe I worded it wrong. Asians are quite varied. From Kyrgyzstan to Uzbekistan to Turkmenistan to Laos To Cambodia. I know. Asians come In All colours and looks and people even tend to forget Indians are Asians. I love the Slanted eyed look of some Asian people then. To be more politically correct.

In my country in Africa it is filled with Asian people who were brought to Africa as slaves, generations ago. So yes I understand what ur saying, maybe I should have worded it better

When I started researching about bt$ the first one that caught my attention was suga but now I feel like he's one of the most feminine looking in photo shoots and he smiles but his eyes look dead
To be honest I hardly take note of Yoongi lol. Hes always come off as cold, non chalant and bad ass to me. In looks he was always last to me, but I dont mean that to say hes unattractive, because I think they are all handsome. But he always appeared a bit dead-ish to me.