BTS discussion thread

cadiz

Star
I deleted my post, because these rankings change all the time. Last time V was number 2 and Jk was 4 and in another poll V was the most popular so forth. What is clear is that the maknae line are more popular than the hyungs. No one in BTS has what it takes to be like G dragon though, who has both talent and outstanding charisma despite mediocre looks. At the end of the day it is about having ”it”.He is the only kpop idol to have a solo world tour in Asia/US/europe. I don’t think any BTS member will have solo success on that level in music, certainly not Jimin. As I said before, they are much better off together.
Part of the reason is because G dragon made himself stand out in many ways apart from rapping and wrote/produced music. TOP was much better looking than G dragon but Gdragon is the most sucessful, although TOP came in second before his marijuana scandal.
yeah, I agree BTS has the typical "cheerleader effect", it means they are decent together but alone...its a different story

Jimin has star quallity but with those vocals he could never be solo, and JK while he has a decent voice, he is is very boring IMO so I dont find him all that ......they all benefit of being in a group and I actually think Sugar has the most chances of being succesful alone but as a producer behind the scenes

cadiz

Star

Scars512

Established
I deleted my post, because these rankings change all the time. Last time V was number 2 and Jk was 4 and in another poll V was the most popular so forth. What is clear is that the maknae line are more popular than the hyungs. No one in BTS has what it takes to be like G dragon though, who has both talent and outstanding charisma despite mediocre looks. At the end of the day it is about having ”it”.He is the only kpop idol to have a solo world tour in Asia/US/europe. I don’t think any BTS member will have solo success on that level in music, certainly not Jimin. As I said before, they are much better off together.
Part of the reason is because G dragon made himself stand out in many ways apart from rapping and wrote/produced music. TOP was much better looking than G dragon but Gdragon is the most sucessful, although TOP came in second before his marijuana scandal.
But, I think who is popular and who isn't is largely a product of who is promoted by the media. In my day, MTV was the king maker in terms of musical artists. If MTV said you were the "it" artist -- people just accepted it and followed. Now it is YT views and twitter followers that push who is the artist of the moment. Of course, the media helps those that are pushing whatever agenda they want at the moment. I don't know much about G dragon -- but looking at images of him, it is clear that you can check off all the occult symbolism in his stuff, just like BTS and others VC talks about on this site. He seems to be part of the "gender bending" crowd and is vocal about LGBQT and that is the issue being heavily promoted right now -- which explains the push of BTS and k-pop in general in the US.

Very few artists are truly popular outside of media manipulation. That's not to say those being promoted aren't talented or that people don't actually like their music -- but just that they get contracts and promotion that people who refuse to sell their souls don't get. If the media wants to make someone like JK the next big thing -- they will. And most people will be easily manipulated to go along with it. They are already planting the seeds with his meeting up with western celebs like Ariana Grande, etc. Seems to me that he is the only one who is being groomed for a potential solo career. Suga will probably produce -- RM, too, since I don't think he can really pull off a solo rap career. Or he might even go the politics route as an ambassador or something. JH can choreograph. JM could, too. V has acting/modeling. Not sure what Jin could do -- maybe just own restaurants? Endorsements? I think they are likely to disband in 2020 -- but I bet they will get a grammy before they do.

asdfghjkl3

Rookie
yikes the replies to that tweet are so ugly, Armys are really out of control o_O
And what is this?

is about the video posted here before? the guy and Billboard girl saying there is a BTS over saturation.....I imagine the kind of hate the guy is getting after what he said lol

Yes it is. Army has been going crazy over it for the past few days. I recommend watching it. It raised really interesting points about BH's strategy that I hadn't considered before. All in all an informative, mature discussion among adults about the industrial perspective on BT$.
The only thing I would criticise is, that when Army posted hate comments on the channel, the guy started verbally abusing the commentators. Most of them are stupid teenagers, you are a grown man. Block and ignore the comments or collect hate speech/ threats and report to the police.

cadiz

Star
But, I think who is popular and who isn't is largely a product of who is promoted by the media. In my day, MTV was the king maker in terms of musical artists. If MTV said you were the "it" artist -- people just accepted it and followed. Now it is YT views and twitter followers that push who is the artist of the moment. Of course, the media helps those that are pushing whatever agenda they want at the moment. I don't know much about G dragon -- but looking at images of him, it is clear that you can check off all the occult symbolism in his stuff, just like BTS and others VC talks about on this site. He seems to be part of the "gender bending" crowd and is vocal about LGBQT and that is the issue being heavily promoted right now -- which explains the push of BTS and k-pop in general in the US.

Very few artists are truly popular outside of media manipulation. That's not to say those being promoted aren't talented or that people don't actually like their music -- but just that they get contracts and promotion that people who refuse to sell their souls don't get. If the media wants to make someone like JK the next big thing -- they will. And most people will be easily manipulated to go along with it. They are already planting the seeds with his meeting up with western celebs like Ariana Grande, etc. Seems to me that he is the only one who is being groomed for a potential solo career. Suga will probably produce -- RM, too, since I don't think he can really pull off a solo rap career. Or he might even go the politics route as an ambassador or something. JH can choreograph. JM could, too. V has acting/modeling. Not sure what Jin could do -- maybe just own restaurants? Endorsements? I think they are likely to disband in 2020 -- but I bet they will get a grammy before they do.
Gdragon has been in the industry since he was a child (7 years old) he was part of kid shows

GDragon has interesting fashion (loving mickey mouse)

And interesting tattos, (a tattoo on his stomack that says "mind control")

so looking at this you can guess whats going on with him .He went from child star to superstar....all his life in the entertainment world

I agree with you that the media pushes stars to be popular, in BH case they have a prefference for JK
In their videos JK is always the protagonist and the others side characters

Last edited:

cadiz

Star
Yes it is. Army has been going crazy over it for the past few days. I recommend watching it. It raised really interesting points about BH's strategy that I hadn't considered before. All in all an informative, mature discussion among adults about the industrial perspective on BT$.
The only thing I would criticise is, that when Army posted hate comments on the channel, the guy started verbally abusing the commentators. Most of them are stupid teenagers, you are a grown man. Block and ignore the comments or collect hate speech/ threats and report to the police.
I only watched a little part and it was interesting
Im surprised the girl is getting hate because she was very nice about BTS, you could tell she was scared of talking too much

But the guy was very open, he said BTS game sucks, he said BTS is not using that new app and its their staff and he is tired of seeing BTS everywhere lol....I agree with a lot of his opinions. But I imagine Armys want to kill him

Truthteller

Veteran
Gdragon has been in the industry since he was a child (7 years old) he was part of kid shows

GDragon has interesting fashion (loving mickey mouse)

And interesting tattos, (a tattoo on his stomack that says "mind control")

so looking at this you can guess whats going on with him .He went from child star to superstar....all his life in the entertainmetn world

I agree with you that the media pushes stars to be popular, in BH case they have a prefference for JK
In their videos JK is always the protagonist and the others side characters
Wow, I had forgotten about that tattoo... G dragon has always shown a lot of illuminati hand signs in his work no doubt and he is yet another child star groomed for stardom. Reminds me of that vigilant citizen article about how the occult symbolism of human slavery is even more prominent in Kpop than other music industries which makes sense because the companies have full control with very little outside regulation.

Yes Big$hit promotes Jk the most and planning a solo career for him, I still don’t think he will make it in the west. Domestically yes, internationally only in the kpop niche. In fact they will definitely all have solo music releases or in subunits during military hiatus (because of the contracts) but perhaps Big$hit assumes that Jk will have the most sucessful one. I don’t think he is charismatic enough or has good enough singing ability to blow up internationally like Justin Timberlake or even Gdragon. Even if media dictates who blows up and who doesn’t they have not been able to make everyone happen. Too many flops to count. The artist must still have ”it” be it talent or something else.

Last edited:

asdfghjkl3

Rookie
I only watched a little part and it was interesting
Im surprised the girl is getting hate because she was very nice about BTS, you could tell she was scared of talking too much

But the guy was very open, he said BTS game sucks, he said BTS is not using that new app and its their staff and he is tired of seeing BTS everywhere lol....I agree with a lot of his opinions. But I imagine Armys want to kill him

The amount of times she said "I probably shouldn't say this..." was really concerning. She sounded like someone who had fled from a cult like Scientology. And no, she didn't say anything negative about them at all. She just made a few points about why other people in the industry might be frustrated with BT$'s success. What she said about oversaturation and the amount of content was also perfectly valid. No one has time to watch everything they put out, if they have a life of their own. Before this I just didn't realise that this was a genuine business strategy of BH.

The guy is right though. The game was not successful, a lot of people are deleting it from their phones. Apparently you cannot pass level 30 if you don't spend a ton of money and most fans are not prepared to do that. With the new app... I think most replies are staff, and a few are (supervised) replies by the members. Being tired of seeing them everywhere... I can imagine how frustrating it must be for a reporter and for members of the Korean music industry to see them everywhere. Every other Korean idol group/ band/ musician is seen through a lense of BT$ or measured against BT$ in America. It would be like American Pop was only Ariana Grande, Rap only Lil NasX. I agree with a lot what he says as well.
Armys are mostly trying to kill their youtube channel. Apparently they lost about 18,000 subscribers since they released the video.

cadiz

Star
Yes Big$hit promotes Jk the most and planning a solo career for him, I still don’t think he will make it in the west. Domestically yes, internationally only in the kpop niche. In fact they will definitely all have solo music releases or in subunits during military hiatus (because of the contracts) but perhaps Big$hit assumes that Jk will have the most sucessful one. I don’t think he is charismatic enough or has good enough singing ability to blow up internationally like Beyonce or Justin Timberlake or even Gdragon. Even if media dictates who blows up and who doesn’t they have not been able to make everyone happen. Too many flops to count. The artist must still have ”it” be it talent or something else.
he has a big fanbase that will probably buy the albums... but I dont see him reaching superstar status. The other members help him a lot to stand out. But when you watch him perform alone there is no "spark"

this video is an example....he was supposed to be the star but as soon as Jhope and V join (as back up dancers) they steal his shine..

He goes with the moves, but he lacks in the facial expressions and overal charisma, looks too rehearsed

sandonthebeach

Established
but perhaps Big$hit assumes that Jk will have the most sucessful one. I don’t think he is charismatic enough or has good enough singing ability to blow up internationally like Justin Timberlake or even Gdragon.
Neither do I. He's not bad but he's not that good. But let's see how it goes.

Armys are bunch of deluded people that believe so badly that BTS are angels that do no wrong, that they're the best artists that the universe has conceived and that kpop didn't exist before them. At times, Armys look like some sect. Attacking that Youtube guy won't make the truth go away.

cadiz

Star
Last edited:

wow

Veteran
So I have news that might sound stupid but I think it might be half true. Years ago there was a comment on Youtube that went viral among Army's and my friend told me about this. She said that the comment was made by an army from the future. (I know this sounds stupid but continue reading) So the comment said that some things from the BTS storyline was true and that Army's had to re-watch Euphoria. And I used to be an Army so I still remember at least a bit of the music video and in the BTS timeline it was only fake happiness and that it was sad because things were going to get dark again. Then my friend said that the comment also talked about May of 2021. It said that May was an important month and they posted this comment on April 4. Many people said it was fake and that Army shouldn't worry about it. However my friend said that Euphoria was published on April 5th and there wasn't a teaser or anything about the video and no one knew that Jungkook would have a solo. It was kind of like a suprisde video type of thing. She started to worry because she started to notice that many things from the BTS timeline included the devil and evil things. She stopped being Army now and we both are a little confused at how this person knew that Euphoria was going to come out. What do you guys think?
probably someone who is good at predicting the future

NotDelulu

Established
he has a big fanbase that will probably buy the albums... but I dont see him reaching superstar status. The other members help him a lot to stand out. But when you watch him perform alone there is no "spark"

this video is an example....he was supposed to be the star but as soon as Jhope and V join (as back up dancers) they steal his shine..

He goes with the moves, but he lacks in the facial expressions and overal charisma, looks too rehearsed

Someone made a thread (again) about how bighit actively mistreats taehyung..

It's pretty long and detailed. recently fans have started to be very vocal against bighit. Until they stop buying movie tickets (as tae will probably be given ZERO screentime per usual) and not buying merch and products only then it will really have an effect. But fans wont and bighit knows. They laugh at them, discriminating tae and the fans outrage and stream his music "on purpose " ",to show bighit v is loved" essentially putting more money in the pockets of the people who mistreat him..
At this point I dont know their strategy anymore, its like they are really trying to rile up fans ...

I have a strong feeling with jin's enlistment their career will stop. They frantically want to milk as much cash as possible from fans right now and all ways go. So many concerts, releases, merch and shit before their chicken will stop laying golden eggs. We know txt ain't be happening and they dont have an alternative plan to keep cash streaming. Perhaps make JK a solo artist and push him until his enlistment too.

wow

Veteran

It's pretty long and detailed. recently fans have started to be very vocal against bighit. Until they stop buying movie tickets (as tae will probably be given ZERO screentime per usual) and not buying merch and products only then it will really have an effect. But fans wont and bighit knows. They laugh at them, discriminating tae and the fans outrage and stream his music "on purpose " ",to show bighit v is loved" essentially putting more money in the pockets of the people who mistreat him..
At this point I dont know their strategy anymore, its like they are really trying to rile up fans ...

I have a strong feeling with jin's enlistment their career will stop. They frantically want to milk as much cash as possible from fans right now and all ways go. So many concerts, releases, merch and shit before their chicken will stop laying golden eggs. We know txt ain't be happening and they dont have an alternative plan to keep cash streaming. Perhaps make JK a solo artist and push him until his enlistment too.
maybe they forgot about him because he is a potential sacrifice or the company is really against him cause he is very rebellious, but i think in this case, he would be happy if he is the least promoted member cause i think they all want their fame to die down.

Hopeful

Star

But there is more to these screenshots story.. Which this poster didn't post and tried to start a drama of his or her own about tae being mistreated.. The story goes something like this after these 2 scenes..

NotDelulu

Established
But there is more to these screenshots story.. Which this poster didn't post and tried to start a drama of his or her own about tae being mistreated.. The story goes something like this after these 2 scenes..
Ah yes I later saw it too, but they are again using members insecurities as story lines in this stupid game.. to trigger fans or stir drama .. just like with jimins eating disorders.. if its meant for fun, why bring these themes to the game (and tae has spoken about being afraid he is useless and their damn manager not remembering his name for a whole fucking year, like how many bands do you have that it's so hard to remember a name). Yes later on the game was shifted to a positive note but they KNEW fans will be mad when they saw this..

yoongiyoongi

Established
Honestly, the group is gonna hit a dead end at some point, I kinda get tired of seeing them everywhere, like literally everywhere, yeah they're talented but I mean they reached that level of fame because they high key made some pact with the devil. Have you seen how they act during award shows while watching other groups perform. Especially Jin, Jimin, and Jungkook they look like they're traumatized or idk it reminds of that seen in "Get Out" were the guy would kinda go into this weird state of mind. Soon another group just like them is gonna come out, and then they're gonna be forgotten and the other group will take they're place. I wouldn't be surprised if something happened to one of the members (I'm not wishing it upon them), but Jonghyun's death was not out of the blue, it prob had something to do with the illuminati. I also think the only member that is gonna get their career extended is Jungkook, yeah he lacks a bit of charisma but out of all the members he's the strongest in other areas. I feel bad for him bc he's clearly brainwashed, and he was also the last one to get integrated into whatever cult they have going on. I don't think he wanted to as he's seen running away in "Fake Love", but I mean if the other 6 people that raised you did, it's easy to get manipulated into it. He's not a victim tho, any of them could get out of it if they wanted to. Anyways these are just thoughts, idk if im right, please no hate. I'm not a fan but I was back in 2014 and I never really gave my opinion cause Armys are too much and can't take anything but praise.
They could get out if they wanted to but celebrities especially those with so much fame like them may be hard to let go so easily by the elite and they may end up dead :( see the case of Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston

yoongiyoongi

Established
Honestly, the group is gonna hit a dead end at some point, I kinda get tired of seeing them everywhere, like literally everywhere, yeah they're talented but I mean they reached that level of fame because they high key made some pact with the devil. Have you seen how they act during award shows while watching other groups perform. Especially Jin, Jimin, and Jungkook they look like they're traumatized or idk it reminds of that seen in "Get Out" were the guy would kinda go into this weird state of mind. Soon another group just like them is gonna come out, and then they're gonna be forgotten and the other group will take they're place. I wouldn't be surprised if something happened to one of the members (I'm not wishing it upon them), but Jonghyun's death was not out of the blue, it prob had something to do with the illuminati. I also think the only member that is gonna get their career extended is Jungkook, yeah he lacks a bit of charisma but out of all the members he's the strongest in other areas. I feel bad for him bc he's clearly brainwashed, and he was also the last one to get integrated into whatever cult they have going on. I don't think he wanted to as he's seen running away in "Fake Love", but I mean if the other 6 people that raised you did, it's easy to get manipulated into it. He's not a victim tho, any of them could get out of it if they wanted to. Anyways these are just thoughts, idk if im right, please no hate. I'm not a fan but I was back in 2014 and I never really gave my opinion cause Armys are too much and can't take anything but praise.
I think I saw somewhere that it was his parents that sold him to the industry at a young age? :(