BTS discussion thread

asdfghjkl3

Rookie
Remember this?When barbie talked about bt5?Then, I said that since they have a deal with bt5,they might be trying to hype the company and the bt5 toys might be released soon.
And then,@Hopeful said that they were already released and are a flop

Well,as it turns out mattel is indeed releasing bt5 doll collection and uno game now ,both for the first time.
Pre-order sales are up and fan(atic)s are going gaga over how cute they are.
https://www.teenvogue.com/story/bts-mattel-dolls-uno-game-officially-available-to-pre-order

@Hopeful how did this happen?I'm confused.:confused:And I definitely don't want to think that it is another mandela effect.But,if you do remember surely that the dolls were indeed a flop earlier and not that they are releasing now for the first time,then,I think we can look up for an explanation.

I saw those dolls. They are absolutely atrocious.

Truthteller

Veteran
I think you are right. Kpop has always been a political soft power tool, both in Korea and outside. They are bringing albums for the children of foreign politicians (f.e. BT$ for a Moroccan minister, EXO for President Trump). Bangt4n is their most powerful band abroad. By sending them to SA and to Riyyad rather than Jeddah, Korea is making clear that this is political rather than an ordinary run-of-the-mill concert. I doubt that the korean government will make money off the concert directly though. It is more a sign of goodwill to strengthen the bonds between their countries after the successful trade deal. I am sure we will see a lot of government officials at their concert, maybe even pictures from "private official" meetings with members of the royal family.
This may seem off topic , but to clarify what a trade deal entails: The SK president goes to SA to sign a trade deal so their corporations such as LG, samsung, Hyundai and the like can export and sell products in SA in exchange for oil and money. The economy of their country is based on manufacturing, however entertainment companies are also corporations selling products in the form of kpop. Big$hit, SM JYP etc make millions from album sales, tours, merch and events and SA is another market where a lot of $$$ can be made because the Saudis pay very handsomely. They have hundreds of employees and must pay tax all of this contributes to the overall economy of their country. Of course there is a political aspect to it, it increases their soft power (although if you ask me the kpop industry is highly americanized, main difference is race and langauge) but regardless has secondary effects such as increasing tourism, meaning more $$$. For the Saudis as I previously mentioned it means an attempt to improve their international image, divert attention from existing international crises and welcoming foreign investments as a ”free society”. So yes both aspects exist. I don’t if hosting the concert in their capital has a political significnace per se, it is their most populous city with the most wealth, hence it cam attract the biggest audience.

This whole rant made me once again realize that these kpop groups are nothing but manufactured groups run by corporations with little individuality. At the end of the day they and their companies are all after money

Last edited:

Scars512

Established
And i am so shocked that BTS is allowed to perform in Saudi Arabia. I think America or the dark government of them is planning something big there, especially bc it is a muslim country and the war between the truth and the evilness has now begun. Everyone of the government in Saudi arabia is in this illuminati shit, they dont care about their religion they just want money. they selling their oils and they are the slave of usa. and now something this happens is part of their dirty plan, to manipulate the people there and to be more "open minded". I am muslim and i am not surprised that saudi arabia is not helping his brother countrys like iraq or afghanistan. they are licking usa's ass bc if they have some billion of dollars they are quit. i mean, shouldnt they help the neighbour countries more bc they are muslim? shouldnt they be more in the side of this countries? why is there war in afghanistan and iraqqq or somewhere else? yes, bc they dont want to be controlled by the us! but saudi arabia has officially sold their ass to them, since yeaaaars! and thats why they cant help the muslim countries!
The Saudi royals are fake Muslims just like Trump and his ilk are fake Christians. The bible says "you shall know them by their fruits". It isn't what people profess that means anything -- it is what they do. Which is also why it is really hypocritical of BTS to act like they support LGBQT and yet they are agreeing to play in one of the most homophobic countries out there. If I were an artist, I would never play in someplace like Saudi Arabia (because of their dismal human rights record and their actions in Yemen) or even in Israel (because of what they are doing to the Palestinians and their apartheid system). If you put money above your values, then you aren't a very good person. And BTS is doing just that -- either that or those values were fake to begin with. I think they will lose fans over this.

Dawah

Rookie
Guys, look how they copy Beetees. Proves again that everything they do is ,probably, scripted or told to.

http://instagr.am/p/B0EJEd-nIGe/
And how the previous poster brought up the quote about people noticing that.
And now something about +*+
"Bighit is using the same formula on TXT. The same formula they used to make BTS famous but it isn't quite working on TXT. (for now maybe)"
"Share the formula dude . Many companys are waiting for it":D

cadiz

Star
Guys, look how they copy Beetees. Proves again that everything they do is ,probably, scripted or told to.

http://instagr.am/p/B0EJEd-nIGe/
And how the previous poster brought up the quote about people noticing that.
I saw people complaining that TXT is using BTS in their reality shows, I didnt know TXT had a reality show tbh
anyone here watch it? Im curious how they are using BTS

But looks like BH is using the same strategy with them, trying to act like "best friends".....Im sure there are some famous ships in that group too

asdfghjkl3

Rookie
This may seem off topic , but to clarify what a trade deal entails: The SK president goes to SA to sign a trade deal so their corporations such as LG, samsung, Hyundai and the like can export and sell products in SA in exchange for oil and money. The economy of their country is based on manufacturing, however entertainment companies are also corporations selling products in the form of kpop. Big$hit, SM JYP etc make millions from album sales, tours, merch and events and SA is another market where a lot of $$$ can be made because the Saudis pay very handsomely. They have hundreds of employees and must pay tax all of this contributes to the overall economy of their country. Of course there is a political aspect to it, it increases their soft power (although if you ask me the kpop industry is highly americanized, main difference is race and langauge) but regardless has secondary effects such as increasing tourism, meaning more $$$. For the Saudis as I previously mentioned it means an attempt to improve their international image, divert attention from existing international crises and welcoming foreign investments as a ”free society”. So yes both aspects exist. I don’t if hosting the concert in their capital has a political significnace per se, it is their most populous city with the most wealth, hence it cam attract the biggest audience.

This whole rant made me once again realize that these kpop groups are nothing but manufactured groups run by corporations with little individuality. At the end of the day they and their companies are all after money

Exactly. That is the economic perspective. For the entertainment companies it is just another market. For SA a way to show everybody what a great reformer Prince Mohammad bin Salman is (which he is not).
If the korean entertainment companies think this is going to be a permanent market, they are going to be disappointed in my opinion. SA is still under Sharia law and religious figures have a lot of influence. Music is still haram. There is a really vibrant underground music scene in SA, and you can still buy music (because people love music and capitalism doesn't care for religious laws), but it is watched and criticised by religious figures. Schools still teach that music is sinful. Kpop goes against everything that these religious leaders teach: dancing, feminine guys, sexual concepts that involve gay fanservice... So I think establishing Kpop permanently is going to take some time, in my opinion. And time is something that Kpop never has since their entire music industry seems to be build on the concept of keeping groups for a really limited time.
I don't think I would compare the American music industry with Kpop in terms of political engagement to be honest. I am not American, so I am not entirely sure, but I don't think that the US ever used music to blatantly change its image abroad. It not only increases their soft power, it is one of their main tools of soft power. They have been doing that in Asia for years now (which is why China limited Kpop) and only just started to expand this strategy to the west, and now apparently the Middle-East as well. It is really interesting, because they are artificially creating interest in their entertainment to influence public opinion on Korea and then influence politics through that.
I think Riyyadh is politically significant because they are the first Kpop group to perform in the capital city. Other groups only performed in Jeddah (which is less conservative I think), so they were less "important", if that makes sense? Besides, political figures would probably not want to travel for a concert. And being photographed with a foreign music group, ones that are UN ambassadors no less will make the Saudis look good internationally, so they probably won't want to miss that opportunity.

Is anyone still believing in this whole authentic crap? I have never seen anything remotely organic in Kpop. It is the most capitalistic form of music, based on exploitation of young people to line the pockets of a few people and help uplift Korea's image abroad. If I think about it, Kpop/ BT$ and SA are actually a good fit. They will probably learn from each other.

Truthteller

Veteran
Exactly. That is the economic perspective. For the entertainment companies it is just another market. For SA a way to show everybody what a great reformer Prince Mohammad bin Salman is (which he is not).
If the korean entertainment companies think this is going to be a permanent market, they are going to be disappointed in my opinion. SA is still under Sharia law and religious figures have a lot of influence. Music is still haram. There is a really vibrant underground music scene in SA, and you can still buy music (because people love music and capitalism doesn't care for religious laws), but it is watched and criticised by religious figures. Schools still teach that music is sinful. Kpop goes against everything that these religious leaders teach: dancing, feminine guys, sexual concepts that involve gay fanservice... So I think establishing Kpop permanently is going to take some time, in my opinion. And time is something that Kpop never has since their entire music industry seems to be build on the concept of keeping groups for a really limited time.
I don't think I would compare the American music industry with Kpop in terms of political engagement to be honest. I am not American, so I am not entirely sure, but I don't think that the US ever used music to blatantly change its image abroad. It not only increases their soft power, it is one of their main tools of soft power. They have been doing that in Asia for years now (which is why China limited Kpop) and only just started to expand this strategy to the west, and now apparently the Middle-East as well. It is really interesting, because they are artificially creating interest in their entertainment to influence public opinion on Korea and then influence politics through that.
I think Riyyadh is politically significant because they are the first Kpop group to perform in the capital city. Other groups only performed in Jeddah (which is less conservative I think), so they were less "important", if that makes sense? Besides, political figures would probably not want to travel for a concert. And being photographed with a foreign music group, ones that are UN ambassadors no less will make the Saudis look good internationally, so they probably won't want to miss that opportunity.

Is anyone still believing in this whole authentic crap? I have never seen anything remotely organic in Kpop. It is the most capitalistic form of music, based on exploitation of young people to line the pockets of a few people and help uplift Korea's image abroad. If I think about it, Kpop/ BT$ and SA are actually a good fit. They will probably learn from each other.
I strongly disagree with the statement that the US doesn’t use its entertainment industry which holds global hegemony as a tool for political power. How many propaganda films have been made by Hollywood against countries they don’t like/are at war which greatly distort history and show the ”enemies” in a negative light? Just a few examples I can think of include the blockbuster ”300” (anti Iranian propaganda, distorts ancient history, uses wrong race of actors), Pearl Harbour (justifies Japan atomic bombings), most of the vietnam war movies, many explicitly anti-Russians movies, hundreds of series/blockbusters where the muslim character is a terrorist (exclusively made after 9/11), the list goes on. Their music industry clearly pushes the agenda of the elite that control the US and seek control of the entire world (nwo).

To me it is clear that kpop follows whatever trends/ has trended in the US music industry and uses the same symbolism and concepts. A lot of their creative directors, songwriters and producers are western. Bt$ only got internationally big after they were promoted by the American music industry. So it is the American music industry that steers Kpop not the other way around. A lot of politics is involved in this too, SK is US closest political ally in East Asia. One could even say that Kpop is a tool to spread americanized/westernised culture in the east. SK also gains soft power in this equation but at the cost of losing its own identity, which is the ultimate goal of nwo. One order and culture for the entire globe under the rule of the hidden elite that control the masses.

Last edited:

sandonthebeach

Established
The Saudi royals are fake Muslims just like Trump and his ilk are fake Christians. The bible says "you shall know them by their fruits". It isn't what people profess that means anything -- it is what they do. Which is also why it is really hypocritical of BTS to act like they support LGBQT and yet they are agreeing to play in one of the most homophobic countries out there. If I were an artist, I would never play in someplace like Saudi Arabia (because of their dismal human rights record and their actions in Yemen) or even in Israel (because of what they are doing to the Palestinians and their apartheid system). If you put money above your values, then you aren't a very good person. And BTS is doing just that -- either that or those values were fake to begin with. I think they will lose fans over this.
Hypocritical? It's just business. Today they support LGTBwhatever and tomorrow whatever is in the agenda. It doesn't matter.
Have you seen that, lately, many celebrities say that they're bi? And do you think that they're really are bi? Probably one or two, the rest just are heterosexual. And if you were an artist, (like many of these dudes in kpop) you wouldn't have much choice than to do what you're told.

Pepsi

Veteran
Some excerpts from people over unpopular opinion website
"bts were never underdogs.
I've said it a hundred times,got dragged a hundred times but I won't hesitate to say it again if that topic comes up again
esp when people start adding those myths to the story like their early songs were made in a basement and they were close to disbanding
I just
"

“BTS paved the way”
God, I hate this phrase. I never thought hating a phrase was even possible but here I am. Hating it God I wish I could literally just... hold a Ted Talk in front of every single BTS fan and hater and end this phrase one an for all. I’m sorry, but your fave didn’t pave shit. By the time BTS actually blew up on international arena (somewhere at the end of 2016/beginning of 2017, their first video to reach 100mil was “Dope” at the end of 2016 and groups like Twice and Blackpink got big very shortly after), plenty of K-Pop artists like SNSD, EXO, BigBang, SuJu, 2ne1, PSY, of course – had already accrued hundreds of millions of views on youtube. I’m sorry, but no genre that has that many views can be counted as a fringe interest that needs paving the way anymore.Youtube itself wasn’t as big a resource as it is now so comparing newer video views to older ones doesn’t really depict the reality of the situation. Sorry, but that’s the truth.
BTS are not the Kings of K-Pop. so you bet your ass I really wanna pull out all the arguments like “….but they saved the physical sales industry”, “…but all their daesangs”, etc.Because sales don’t determine a King or Queen. Sure, BTS is the bestselling k-group right now. And? Before them it was EXO. Before EXO it was SuJu/BigBang.Sale toppers come and go. It’s the longevity and impact that matter. Sure, Ed Sheeran is the bestselling pop male artist right now. Before him it was Justin Bieber (I think?). But the King is still Michael Jackson, even after all the controversy that surrounds him. Will he always be? Who knows. But he WILL stay one until someone with just as much longevity and impact comes along.
Kings of K-Pop are DBSK (as in TVXQ),they survived losing most of their members including the one that was the most popular internationally AND increased international popularity
imagine BTS losing 4 members including the one that’s most popular internationally. I know they have huge fanbase but I seriously cannot imagine them thriving after it. Surviving? Yeah, sure, if the members that stay decide to continue as BTS instead of moving on to do other things. Thriving like this? No."

It's just like you guys said,bt5 is lacking that longevity factor,I guess.

And now something about +*+
"Bighit is using the same formula on TXT. The same formula they used to make BTS famous but it isn't quite working on TXT. (for now maybe)"
"Share the formula dude . Many companys are waiting for it":D
What's this website lol

mean

Established

cadiz

Star
@inquisitor im afraid to say this, but i think you might be right that the humiliation with their concerts in saudi arabia might get them to grammy. So they can get higher. I hope it's wrong but :( look like they are nominated for grammy and knowing how crazy and jobless the fans are they will mass vote for them and they will get what they want.
https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/07/you-can-vote-for-bts-ariana-grande-billie-eilish-more-to-perform-at-2020-grammy-awards
it looks like they will be performing (its obvious they will win that online poll)
Still not sure if they will be nominated.....would make no sense for them to be nominated and being part of the voting comitee too

cadiz

Star
Fans are getting mad at this video
He said interesting things, in particular he said that many people are getting exhausted from too much exposure to b t 5
i wonder how this situation will evolve because i believe that what he said is true, i bet gp are tired and others frustrated from too much contents but if all this was planned they can easely erase the group ( if the media decide to not covers their news anymore, and someone already banned news about them, they disappear)
So what it's their purpose? An experiment to see how vulnerable and easy to manipulate some fans can be?
lol the dislikes in that video....fans never accept any type of negative opinion about BTS :rolleyes:

sandonthebeach

Established
All about the controversy about the Jeddah Festival....it's pure hypocrisy. It has been vox populi for many years that Saudi Arabia treats women like crap, but, suddenly, everyone and their mama is worried about human rights in SA? Please...And they don't even mention Yemen or the mistreatment that Shia people suffer in SA.

For how many years, a lot of artist have been invited by dictators of different countries and few people have complained about it. And now, it's an issue? Not defending those artists..but, all of the situation it's just laughable.

About BTS, yeah, it's getting tiring. Probably in 10 years nobody's going to remember them or they will be part of nostalgia (think about Backstreet Boys, back in the days they were huge, nowadays few people know about they're whereabouts) And all those articles about the BTS effect in the economy? I'm guessing it's just mediaplay.

Lily ben

Rookie
But I've seen a lot of girls with those same body features, broad shoulders, sorta manly arms. Sometimes it happens and some girls do get those features despite being bio female. Heck i have a friend with the same body type as l!sa lol. And these were all my school friends and ik for a fact they are bio female. Some girls have a pronounced adams apple. Some boys have somewhat delicate features naturally. That doesn't make them trans. I think this trans argument is somewhat of a reach. Moreover, speculating that she is trans just bc she is thai is kinda racist..
Am sorry if I sounded racist but I was just pointingout a fact yes of course there is women with
But I've seen a lot of girls with those same body features, broad shoulders, sorta manly arms. Sometimes it happens and some girls do get those features despite being bio female. Heck i have a friend with the same body type as l!sa lol. And these were all my school friends and ik for a fact they are bio female. Some girls have a pronounced adams apple. Some boys have somewhat delicate features naturally. That doesn't make them trans. I think this trans argument is somewhat of a reach. Moreover, speculating that she is trans just bc she is thai is kinda racist..
am sorry but I never said that she is tranny bcs she is thai ijust added that information to think about it yes there is women with the her body shape but no matter how a woman looks toughshe will never have liza shoulders look it a long story you have to check the difference btw men and women skull and body proportion when you know the key element everything will be clear well in my opinion she can be a tranny I maybe wrong a.m. not trying to bash her or somthing I don't know her I am just trying to expose the evil of the entrainment industry

Ohoney

All about the controversy about the Jeddah Festival....it's pure hypocrisy. It has been vox populi for many years that Saudi Arabia treats women like crap, but, suddenly, everyone and their mama is worried about human rights in SA? Please...And they don't even mention Yemen or the mistreatment that Shia people suffer in SA.

For how many years, a lot of artist have been invited by dictators of different countries and few people have complained about it. And now, it's an issue? Not defending those artists..but, all of the situation it's just laughable.

About BTS, yeah, it's getting tiring. Probably in 10 years nobody's going to remember them or they will be part of nostalgia (think about Backstreet Boys, back in the days they were huge, nowadays few people know about they're whereabouts) And all those articles about the BTS effect in the economy? I'm guessing it's just mediaplay.
In my opinion BTS’ success and popularity is entirely different from Back Street Boys though. BTS’s success outside of Asia has been breaking barriers between the two industries and opening more doors for Asian artists as well as giving representative for other Asians. For that alone BTS is going to be remembered because of the fact that they are making history. I don’t think that’s BTS are going to just fade away, atleast not their impact on the industry or for Asian artists outside of Asia

Ohoney

That's just mediaplay.
They didn't break any barriers between the two industries,especially kp0p let alone the whole asian industry.Are you aware that most of the general public think that their actual name is kp0p?And asia doesn't revolve simply around sk.If the barriers are truly breaking, people from all the asian countries must be represented,not just the american proxies.

And please read this

Wait till the end of the year.And the fade will be in another two years,maximum.Maybe people might talk about them,like,'remember that time a kp0p group made a very successful tour?'.(BB did that too,a few years ago.)
But,their impact won't be long-lasting.
Most of their fans are here for the hype and for clout.And most of them already feel saturated.
They will fade.It's a trend.They will disappear just as they've risen,abruptly.
They DID break barriers lol, how is it just media play when you can clearly see other Kpop groups are also entering the market as well? Bts is allowing other artists to enter America as well when it wasn’t as possible before. And obviously other countries need to be represented as well, but clearly and as I stated BTS is allowing for that to happen. It begins somewhere and you trying to dismiss that BTS is contributing to making that happen is funny.
People have been saying for YEARS that BTS’ success would fade and yet it hasn’t. Big Bang also did not do half of what BTS is doing so obviously their success here faded? Big Bang did the bare minimum so don’t even try to bring up other examples when no other groups has come close to doing what bts have done

Pepsi

Veteran
They DID break barriers lol, how is it just media play when you can clearly see other Kpop groups are also entering the market as well? Bts is allowing other artists to enter America as well when it wasn’t as possible before. And obviously other countries need to be represented as well, but clearly and as I stated BTS is allowing for that to happen. It begins somewhere and you trying to dismiss that BTS is contributing to making that happen is funny.
People have been saying for YEARS that BTS’ success would fade and yet it hasn’t. Big Bang also did not do half of what BTS is doing so obviously their success here faded? Big Bang did the bare minimum so don’t even try to bring up other examples when no other groups has come close to doing what bts have done
Bigbang and other groups like them gave bts the biggest reason for their fame: international fans. Groups like wonder Girls, snsd, tvxq etc were the first groups that spread the k wave outside korea. They already broke the barriers way before bts did, but they couldn't step in. Bts stepped in and claimed the space. Also yes, bts fame is just media play. Having loud fans doesn't mean you're as famous as beyonce or ariana or any famous artist these days. Somebody posted a video on here about an interviewer who did a street interview and most ppl there didn't know about bts. Their games are flopping, they're no where near the Beatles or the backstreet Boys. Hell their movie couldn't even do the same business as one d's did. It's all media play and support from the right ppl in the industry. No matter what armies say, bts did not pave the way and no, their growth is NOT organic AT ALL.

Pepsi

Veteran
Guys,you might've heard about usher's std lawsuit and him asking to dismiss the case and seal his medical records for privacy reasons.I read that the actual reason is that he could be h1v+
This made me think about bieber.
I also remembered someone mentioning a long while ago about noticing some sores around mouth in some members of bt5.With all the rituals and favours those in the industry have to do,maybe std is really a big problem.
You mean they could have oral herpes? Ewwwwww

Scars512

Established
it looks like they will be performing (its obvious they will win that online poll)
Still not sure if they will be nominated.....would make no sense for them to be nominated and being part of the voting comitee too
They can be voting members and vote for themselves -- there is no prohibition against that. In fact, becoming Academy members increases the likelihood that they will get a nomination this year. Only Academy members can submit music or videos to be considered. The voting committee gets the ballot for the first round. The second round ballot goes to all Academy members. So, there is no conflict of interest (according to the rules) in nominating yourself and voting for yourself.

This article explains the process:

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/who-votes-for-the-grammy-awards-2460684

This article talks about why BTS got invited this year. It was more about diversity than about BTS taking America by storm:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/awards/8514907/bts-among-potential-new-members-invited-join-recording-academy-grammys