BTS discussion thread

Brea

Rookie
In my religion drinking is a sin. But in most countries everybody drinks, even in those islamic countries. That's something only an adult can decide. Your life is yours. But I never heard anything good coming from drinking alcohol. Consuming this has a long list of negative side effects like car accident, domestic violence, addiction and also numerous medical, psychiatric issues etc.

I know in the states they drink a lot but this is way more than you might think.

"You might be surprised to know that the biggest alcohol consumers are in South Korea."

Thanks for providing this video. I'm about to be even more interested XD

Brea

Rookie
I think for most people, they really want to drink when they are underage or just 21 because it is a symbol of adulthood. Once the novelty of it wears off, most don't find it as much fun as they initially thought. Plus, the older you get the harder it is to recover from too much alcohol. Hangovers are not worth it.

When I was younger, I actually had some warning signs of developing a drinking problem. I have really bad social anxiety and it helped me relax in social settings. Fortunately, my sorority sisters staged an intervention for me and I was always careful about drinking after that. Now I don't drink at all because I developed an allergy to it. It actually causes me a lot of stomach pain and makes my face red and burning (like having a sunburn). I can't even use mouthwash with alcohol because it causes the inside of my mouth to peel off. I consider it a blessing, though, because I don't have any temptation to drink because of it. Some people just are vulnerable to becoming addicted to it and if I hadn't had people who cared about me and convinced me to get it under control, I could have easily ended up an alcoholic. I hope these guys have someone like that to look out for them, but sadly I don't think that they do.
I am VERY sorry to hear that! Wow... if we met IRL I'd def care for you, and even though we haven't, I still do. I've only had God and my family to help me out. Every "friend" I've had always influenced me to do SOMETHING wrong. Well, since I wasn't raised to be like that, I'm usually that quiet alone person. I feel like I've mentioned this before, but everyone else acts like typical teens. I myself, have to deal with being alone, and that's been a fear when I used to be a kid. It kind of still is, but I'm gonna have to suck it up and do this for God since most people don't live in him or AT LEAST know his word

Brea

Rookie
Well guys, I know I've been here for a short amount of time but I will be going now. I know, randomly. But it was nice knowing you all! I'm very glad YOU guys know the truth!! Thank the Lord!! I really don't want ANYTHING to do with bts. I've felt like even just talking about them somehow makes me like them more, but NOT anymore! Remember if you also feel that way, it's just the enemy aka satan that you'll have to rebuke. I love all of you, and for those who haven't found Christ, I hope you do one day. I WANT to see YOU ALL in the kingdom of God soon!! Hugs and smiles will be given! And your rewards for your works of faith will be given by Jesus! So that's all I'm going to say, again, thank you so much for being welcoming, hilarious, and honest. So because I'm leaving, I don't think there's a need to reply back to me. I love you all! Goodbye!

NotDelulu

Established
I am VERY sorry to hear that! Wow... if we met IRL I'd def care for you, and even though we haven't, I still do. I've only had God and my family to help me out. Every "friend" I've had always influenced me to do SOMETHING wrong. Well, since I wasn't raised to be like that, I'm usually that quiet alone person. I feel like I've mentioned this before, but everyone else acts like typical teens. I myself, have to deal with being alone, and that's been a fear when I used to be a kid. It kind of still is, but I'm gonna have to suck it up and do this for God since most people don't live in him or AT LEAST know his word
You said you were leaving but still ..
I can sense you are a quiet sensitive person, I hope you find friends that will look after you and find a lot of happiness and a place you feel comfortable in. take care!

NotDelulu

Established
I never knew sk were such heavy drinkers.. I was born in Russia where you know they like their alcohol but since its everywhere it's no big deal.. but either way, he should remember that when going live he will be documented and projecting drinking is cool.. if I knew my 14 year old be watching a guy drinking and mumbling for an hour, I wouldn't like it (especially when he encouraged people to get a drink as well.. yes; he said kids bring juice... but come on)

Turquoise

Rookie
I feel like fans in asia are more loyal, since they have this subculture almost that they live. So you might be right. They can continue in asia for a long time but not be as hype as right now. Also if another it group is out they won't let them be that hype anymore anyways.
Like what happened to x0 ?? Disappeared out of thin air. Members have started leaving of course. So betise is next in the line. Since this industry is about boys not guys.

On the other hand in the west the z generation see everything as disposable and forgets everything easily. They consume by the daily like others have said. Can they really wait for their soulmate gang? I don't think so at least not if another group comes out that makes them forget about them.

They train them like soldiers. Why do they have to go to the army anyways?

This is the link for the full vid. It talks about the abuse two brothers went through and how the producer threatened them to not tell their parents, about the penalty that they need to pay when they want to leave the idol thing and how children are kept trapped by that penalty. When I watched and heard that a child screamed 'save me' from the fifth floof my heart broke. And how what the girl went through made her have low self-esteem leading to her wanting plastic surgery although she is already super pretty. The girls also got a course called Kpop 101 where the person in charge to teach says that they live not in the normal world but the new world. Telling them that in the normal world people eat 3 meals a day but in the new world they dont.

This is insane. I dont want to support the entertainment industry. I dont want to be a part of the cause for their success in breaking people.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/video-on-demand/get-real/idol-dreams-11559182?cid=youtube_cna_social_29012018_cna

Deadlylady

Established
I never knew sk were such heavy drinkers.. I was born in Russia where you know they like their alcohol but since its everywhere it's no big deal.. but either way, he should remember that when going live he will be documented and projecting drinking is cool.. if I knew my 14 year old be watching a guy drinking and mumbling for an hour, I wouldn't like it (especially when he encouraged people to get a drink as well.. yes; he said kids bring juice... but come on)
I'm starting to think they are doing this stuff on purpose. And dispatch shared a photoshoot of them at some pub. If I was a young naive fan like most of them are I would want to drink like my "idols". I don't understand how nobody hasn't complained about this. Not single parent? The k-netizens knows a lot of stuff but because of their nation spread drinking problem they are blind to this issue.
Adults can do whatever but celebrities specially when they have a fan base thats starts in elementary school, showing this stuff to kids is just wrong.

He was making fun of that kids could bring juice too. That dude is just pitiful. He's back in his hometown and the only thing he can do is drinking infront of his cellphone for millions of fans to watch. Instead of staying at his parents house, eating his moms food and just catching up with them.

This is the link for the full vid. It talks about the abuse two brothers went through and how the producer threatened them to not tell their parents, about the penalty that they need to pay when they want to leave the idol thing and how children are kept trapped by that penalty. When I watched and heard that a child screamed 'save me' from the fifth floof my heart broke. And how what the girl went through made her have low self-esteem leading to her wanting plastic surgery although she is already super pretty. The girls also got a course called Kpop 101 where the person in charge to teach says that they live not in the normal world but the new world. Telling them that in the normal world people eat 3 meals a day but in the new world they dont.

This is insane. I dont want to support the entertainment industry. I dont want to be a part of the cause for their success in breaking people.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/video-on-demand/get-real/idol-dreams-11559182?cid=youtube_cna_social_29012018_cna
No wonder kpop members are very insecure either with their body or with their skills. All this process is not healthy or even humane. Them being able to dance like that is the result of endless practice thats lasts for days or months. After a few years they get better at learning I guess. When fans realize this they only feel grateful. But they should feel bad. Everytime they buy a tickets or merch. They are contribuing to this hellish system. K-pop or hell's pop.

Also after watching this video I wonder if their boss is doing anything to them that they are not letting them stay at their parents house.

Even regular girls usually struggle to fit in the fashion "beauty standarts" to be very skinny. But nowdays it has switched also to be huge. Huge behind, huge chest, huge lips now. Even big brows. Nobody is really talking about loving yourself the way you are. That would be too healthy I guess. Not selfie material.

Last edited:
Pretty relatable...

wow

Veteran
im okay with them drinking because theyre grown now and i completely understand if drinking is their only way to cope with their depression but drugs are too much man, but i know theyre in drugs for some reason, they might be using it to handle their mental illness but i dont think the hyung line uses it for that because there were a lot of rumours that they use drugs ever since theyre rookies because supr3m3 b0i is kind of a drug dealer, drugs and alcohol are very dangerous but it could be helpful for mentally ill people to keep them high and happy to hide the fact that theyre sad and miserable.

Deadlylady

Established
At this exact moment, my 15-years-old friends are talking about drinking. I guess some teenagers nowadays don't even need their artists to incentive drinking...
This means they won indeed. You can say drinking is seen as the coolest thing ever anyways. But still there is a reason why the drinking age is 21 in the US and 18 in other parts in the world. Its not just to make teenagers angry. And specially if the only thing you have to get around town is driving a car. Just a reminder like smoking drinking also is not good for you. When people go to check ups the doktor ask if they drink or smoke that's because this thing have a lot of negative sides effects.

1560784300418.png

1560784334788.png

Physical Effects
Chronic heavy drinking is associated with many serious health problems.5 Below are some of the ways alcohol may affect the body:

Liver: One of the possible severe medical consequences of chronic alcohol abuse is liver disease. Over time, with consistent alcohol abuse, the liver may become inflamed and/or scarred. Conditions such as fatty liver, alcoholic hepatitis, fibrosis, and cirrhosis may develop. A person may also develop liver cancer. 5,7,8

Digestive system: Alcohol can wear down the lining of the stomach and increase the production of stomach acid, which can contribute to ulcers.24 Alcohol may also alter nutrient breakdown, absorption, transportation, storage, and excretion, leading to nutrient deficiencies and/or trouble fully using nutrients. For example, thiamine deficiency is common and can lead to serious neurological issues. Alcohol can also impair blood sugar control.10

Pancreas: Alcohol prompts pancreatic production of harmful substances, which can lead to pancreatitis. Pancreatitis is inflammation of the pancreas that impairs digestion.5

Central nervous system (CNS): Thiamine, or vitamin B1, deficiency associated with chronic heavy drinking can lead to Wernicke–Korsakoff syndrome. Symptoms may include confusion, impaired coordination, learning problems, and memory difficulties. Liver disease can also harm the brain, resulting in symptoms such as sleep changes, alterations in mood, personality changes, depression, anxiety, impaired concentration, and incoordination. Too much alcohol may also hinder new brain cell growth.16

Cardiovascular (CV) health: Drinking alcohol has complicated impacts on cardiovascular health. In 2016, alcohol-related CV diseases caused an estimated 593,000 deaths globally.12 Consuming too much alcohol is linked to high blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, trouble pumping blood through the body, blood clots, stroke, cardiomyopathy (sagging, stretched heart muscle), or heart attack.5,13 Excessive alcohol use, both directly and through malnutrition, can also lead to anemia.19

Reproductive health: Consuming too much alcohol can lead to reproductive problems, including erectile dysfunction and irregular menstruation.20 Both men and women may have reduced fertility with long-term, heavy drinking.21Women who drink while pregnant are at increased risk for miscarriage, stillbirth, or having a child with a fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD).14

Bones: Alcohol abuse can cause a calcium imbalance in the body, which is an important nutrient to maintain healthy bones. Consuming too much alcohol can also cause a disruption to the production of vitamin D, which is needed for calcium absorption. Lack of calcium increases the risk of osteoporosis. Osteoporosis increases the risk of bone fractures, which can cause serious pain and disability.15

Psychological Effects
When it comes to the brain, alcohol acts as a depressant to the CNS. However, it can have inconsistent effects, exciting users under some conditions and sedating users under other conditions. Excitement, typically at lower doses, may be due to alcohol suppressing the inhibitory parts of the brain. Functions such as breathing, speech, thought, memory, and movement can be impacted by consuming alcohol. Mental effects may include mood changes, decreased inhibitions, relaxation, impaired judgment, slowed reaction times, difficulty remembering, confusion, and loss of consciousness.3 Chronic use of alcohol can lead to changes in the brain, as described in previous sections.

Excessive alcohol use, even if not chronic, can lead to alcohol–induced psychiatric syndromes, such as alcohol-induced depressive disorder, alcohol-induced bipolar disorder, alcohol-induced sleep disorder, alcohol-induced psychotic disorder, and more.17,22 These disorders are temporary and can occur after significant intoxication and/or withdrawal.22

Alcohol use disorder is also linked to several mental illnesses which can develop separately from the disorder and may even predate it, such as major depression, some anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and others.17 These disorders may increase the likelihood of alcohol-related issues, possibly due, in part, to using alcohol as a self-medicating substance.17,23There also may be common underlying risk factors that increase the likelihood of both substance use disorders and mental illnesses.23

https://www.alcohol.org/effects/

im okay with them drinking because theyre grown now and i completely understand if drinking is their only way to cope with their depression but drugs are too much man, but i know theyre in drugs for some reason, they might be using it to handle their mental illness but i dont think the hyung line uses it for that because there were a lot of rumours that they use drugs ever since theyre rookies because supr3m3 b0i is kind of a drug dealer, drugs and alcohol are very dangerous but it could be helpful for mentally ill people to keep them high and happy to hide the fact that theyre sad and miserable.
They can do whatever. It's their life for sure. But when they have 8-9-10 year old fans also. And they show that they are drinking and making it look cool with songs etc that is just wrong period.

Last edited:

Scars512

Established
They can do whatever. It's their life for sure. But when they have 8-9-10 year old fans also. And they show that they are drinking and making it look cool with songs etc that is just wrong period.
They used to be more careful about that in their earlier years. They've loosened up about that. I think, though, when a large portion of your fanbase is underage, you have a responsibility to refrain from glamorizing drinking. Nothing wrong (well, other than the dangers you pointed out, that is) with them drinking since they are legally old enough, they just don't need to be doing it on v-lives or advertising liquor.

cadiz

Star
Not BTS related....but today Taylor Swifft posted a video that promotes the LGBTQ agenda (shocking!)
Here this guy explains it:

I watch this video and then I go on twitter and I see this hashtag trending #LGBTQARMYSelcaDay
so now.. BTS fans have a selca day only for LGBTQ people.....but most of their fans are kids and teens right?

this agenda is everywhere....its so obvious that I dont know how anybody can deny it

Last edited:

cadiz

Star
They used to be more careful about that in their earlier years. They've loosened up about that. I think, though, when a large portion of your fanbase is underage, you have a responsibility to refrain from glamorizing drinking. Nothing wrong (well, other than the dangers you pointed out, that is) with them drinking since they are legally old enough, they just don't need to be doing it on v-lives or advertising liquor.
the wine he was promoting....sold out

their fans buy everything they promote....including alcohol

Eva01

Rookie
Really? I've never heard of a guy doing that. I know women do because no woman wants to have a mustache, but a man? I guess Koreans really don't like facial hair on men.
If i'm not mistaken, partly of eastern asian woman doesn't like seeing a man with beard or any facial hair. In korea itself, man with beard will consider unattractive cos they look dirty and ungroomed. I've seen a reaction videos over korean women towards southeast asia men, they still swoon with the thin moustache but at the end of the day. They still prefer the one with clean unhair face with strong masculinity but with boyish face. It's really boyish

5 from 6 prefer this type:

Over this type:

Eva01

Rookie

i see that nobody really talking about bang*an attic, well thought its not new but as a common people who watched it, and how much i gained from it. and yet i'm sorry i can't pinpoint when exactly they spoke about these certain things :rolleyes:

1. SJ confirmed about their concept personas. so guys, the person itself assured it for us. so what we see about each members definitely their personas, man made. i don't see the reason to said that this one is kinder than this one or this one is forced to join the evil by this one. we don't know, they might be angel in the surface but deep down, they might be the nastiest demon alive. idk
2. JK admitted he live his personas, and TH said his didn't different with his own self. in my opinion, even without the mk personas, you'll start to turn into the molded person you're forced into. my poin is, its possible to turn into a kind heart caring person to blend the certain working space when actually you're a cold heart and bit ignorant. but that my example as a common person.
3. NJ described himself as hermione, even if the entire dialogue is scripted. doesn't it sound weird, hermione we know who she is. what are they trying to said? NJ described himself as a genius? or a mud-blood (non zionist) genius sorcery? or he come along with our magician theories.

Deadlylady

Established
That's people that have just seen the truth I guess. Burning those books and picture might make some people angry. So its pointless to me. Why invite even more hatred? This could cause the fans to love them even more. They could just throw them in the garbage.

If i'm not mistaken, partly of eastern asian woman doesn't like seeing a man with beard or any facial hair. In korea itself, man with beard will consider unattractive cos they look dirty and ungroomed. I've seen a reaction videos over korean women towards southeast asia men, they still swoon with the thin moustache but at the end of the day. They still prefer the one with clean unhair face with strong masculinity but with boyish face. It's really boyish

5 from 6 prefer this type:

Over this type:
Not so long ago it was the same thing in my country too. Even though some older man kept their moustache. But this is just trends. Some people aren't that open to change their views or style. But nowdays the "beard mania" is widespread the beard is seen everywhere. From the us to all the way to almost asia. I wonder why they made the beard so trendy. Maybe is was to make those asians look even more feminine in our eyes since we are used to see more men with beards than never before.

i see that nobody really talking about bang*an attic, well thought its not new but as a common people who watched it, and how much i gained from it. and yet i'm sorry i can't pinpoint when exactly they spoke about these certain things :rolleyes:

1. SJ confirmed about their concept personas. so guys, the person itself assured it for us. so what we see about each members definitely their personas, man made. i don't see the reason to said that this one is kinder than this one or this one is forced to join the evil by this one. we don't know, they might be angel in the surface but deep down, they might be the nastiest demon alive. idk
2. JK admitted he live his personas, and TH said his didn't different with his own self. in my opinion, even without the mk personas, you'll start to turn into the molded person you're forced into. my poin is, its possible to turn into a kind heart caring person to blend the certain working space when actually you're a cold heart and bit ignorant. but that my example as a common person.
3. NJ described himself as hermione, even if the entire dialogue is scripted. doesn't it sound weird, hermione we know who she is. what are they trying to said? NJ described himself as a genius? or a mud-blood (non zionist) genius sorcery? or he come along with our magician theories.
We talked about this video you have to look a few pages before :) That hermoine thing was weird. :confused: They see themselves as hogward going students? That's so funny and creepy. They have no clue about life and are stuck in this situation. Those companies beat and shape them to become the perfect puppets. They will do everything they are asked. Maybe that's why once asked what would you say to your younger self hobi said to study harder in school. Because this golden cage slave life is not worth it.
the wine he was promoting....sold out

their fans buy everything they promote....including alcohol
That's what I'm saying he kissed that bottle of wine like it's his sweetheart. Some fans got angry that younger fan had bought all of it. And didn't have the chance to purchase it.
Not BTS related....but today Taylor Swifft posted a video that promotes the LGBTQ agenda (shocking!)
Here this guy explains it:

I watch this video and then I go on twitter and I see this hashtag trending #LGBTQARMYSelcaDay
so now.. BTS fans have a selca day only for LGBTQ people.....but most of their fans are kids and teens right?

this agenda is everywhere....its so obvious that I dont know how anybody can deny it
How is it shocking? Isn't that what she is all about now?
And my friend was happy that she made up with her bff katy. People are so clueless even after watching those mvs.

Last edited:
ok now, for one thing, we have to give them credit for. they ARE THAT handsome, maybe you dont see it in that point, but most girls fall for their looks, not the music. they dont even bother to translate the lyrics and grasp the meaning of their songs. How did you think they got famous ? Cause fans read the album notes, books references and mv analyses ? lol. bts wouldnt have a single fan left, if people actually delved into all of the REAL spicy stuff. idk how many of you have actually read Demian or Omelas or have seen The Chatroom, but I have. and I know exactly what they are trying to convey. Anyone with a brain can connect the dots. they have been pretty straightforward their entire career tbh, idk how cant people see it. like tf dude, compare a supposedly "young but fake love" to Devils Advocate ? fucking Eyes Wide Shut to a tired heartbroken lover who wants to love himself ? nahhh.
It doesnt make sense that way. but unfortunately armys are infants by brain so thats where the looks go out to play. lets be real, before I barely knew what they were saying, their faces pulled me in the rabbit hole. its sad that people only stay just for that, proving once again that our generation is truly superficial and doomed.
Kpop itself thrives by appearance
That is why every group has a few visuals and those visuals are centre of marketing and that is how they get fans
The visuals are also the most popular member of their respective groups (Kai Exo, V BTS, Rowoon SF9, Eunwoo Astro) i could go on lol because most visuals are the most popular and get the most acknowledgemnet in tv appearances, centre stage etc
But doesnt everything. The world has become very materialistic and its hardly the talent that lures most of the fanbase in but the visuals that are thrown out although i believe they work hard
The visual of Stray Kids talked about how he wishes he was appreciated for his dancing and talents rather than his looks as hes worked really had to be recognised
Every group has to meet a level of attractiveness to add flavour to their group and allow fangirls to maintain interest its such a superficial ideology but unfortunately a lot of us think like this