BTS discussion thread

Chic

Veteran
First of all who says he is into girls. And I leave it at that.

I think why girls are falling for jerks is that media movie etc is teaching to love that kind of guy. "The bad guy" is always the coolest so this is brainwashed into our brains. Those guys are guys. Even if they try to act like something else. Stop fighting for stuff like that guys its not worth it.

Coming back to jamal. Wow back home he is rapping and wearing manly clothes. Maybe because his whole family is watching.
http://instagr.am/p/ByvLZHolHxp/
No pink stuff huh? Even a cap to make it look more boyish.

He looks like a small kid here.

Those Chanel jackets they wore are recycled from the Wings tour.

Chic

Veteran
Also, apparantly karmys didnt promote taehyung's song on purpose.. while dream glow was heavily streamed... him

But if it is true about them using bots, maybe they weren't used in his favor? Idk anymore, lol.

Do any of you remember last year when JM wrote out the names of the members and left TH out? What if that's a form of conditioning the fans to forget about him in case he does leave or worse?

wow

Veteran
But if it is true about them using bots, maybe they weren't used in his favor? Idk anymore, lol.

Do any of you remember last year when JM wrote out the names of the members and left TH out? What if that's a form of conditioning the fans to forget about him in case he does leave or worse?
they have been putting out a lot of red on him mostly, he could be a sacrifice oof

NotDelulu

Established

I dont know either, they are so confusing with him.

On one hand, during the last 2 musters tae has recieved so much attention and even love from the members. Is mocking him on scripted content their true self or how they behave on concerts? I would say it's an act but many of the moments looked genuine.

On the other hand, both jm and jk, allegedly his closest friends, went live after the concerts and they didnt mention his song (while on his live he played it and even sang along). Also, the VCR does exclude him at the last point. I hope, really hope, nothing malicious is planned for him

NotDelulu

Established
Speaking of the concerts, they returned to Korea triumphantly. Burn became bts city literally, everything is bts bts bts. Even the hospital jimin was born put a sign for him

http://instagr.am/p/ByqTRscAvsy/
Like at this point it seems bts is the most precious possession of Korea.

They played a lot of fan favorites including piped piper (which I find terrifying for some reason). The vcrs were already discussed, I will add that it looks like the focus is increasingly put on jk, he is the protagonist and all the rest are helping him to succeed so it seems.
Then they all wore shirts they designed themselves, tae's again the most telling. this is him, with a beard and crying cuz armys dont approve of the beard? Yeah probably there's more to it than that. the face on the shirt looks miserable and the use of 2 colors tells me something about mkultra.
http://instagr.am/p/Byuy9eCnZ4O/
Also the creepy face on the back is giving me bad vibes. All in all, it looks like nothing is stopping them, on the contrary.

NotDelulu

Established
And we must mention jk getting drunk on live.. when millions of underage kids watching.. great example oppa:)
He is now the 3rd one to admit this week of heavy drinking.. tae wrote it on his summary of the year thingies, that these days he can easily finish a bottle by himself. Jk said the same thing today
I am no shy to drinking and I can't finish a bottle of wine alone in one go. They have a problem

HealingHugs

Established
What is that big demonic hand? Blimey!
Anyway, I feel disappointment in this thread. I, as with many users that have come and gone were physically attracted to certain members of the band. This has already been discussed. Most of us ended up here because we were drawn in one way or another to B*S and then we felt something was off, or there are other posters who noticed the success and got suspicious, but both reside or have resided here on this thread. That new poster was literally hounded off the thread for being the same kind of honest as others have been in the past. I don't think anyone should be hounded for admitting things like that. People here should have been less judgmental and kinder to a new poster, that's the way you bring positive change. Also, everyone is worthy of an opinion about what the band do behind closed doors, but it is just that, an opinion, unless solid evidence is provided. And we need to start being less closed-minded here and welcome new posters who are opening their eyes.

cadiz

Star
I dont know either, they are so confusing with him.

On one hand, during the last 2 musters tae has recieved so much attention and even love from the members. Is mocking him on scripted content their true self or how they behave on concerts? I would say it's an act but many of the moments looked genuine.

On the other hand, both jm and jk, allegedly his closest friends, went live after the concerts and they didnt mention his song (while on his live he played it and even sang along). Also, the VCR does exclude him at the last point. I hope, really hope, nothing malicious is planned for him
It could all be a sign of V being the first one to leave the group....these people like to work with predictive programming
like how they are suggesting JK will go solo soon (probably if they start to enlist next year)....its obvious he is the chosen one or he has a bigger part than the others

Jimin is the most popular in korea said the Gallup poll....but BH already chose the "star" and this is basically Timberlake and Nsync now

Truthteller

Veteran
Fun fact: enlistment is not included in the contract years, so the years they will be away for military do not count. Doubt any of them will leave now that they have renewed their contracts for 7 more years ( adds up to 9 and that is a long time). They will probably get separate work after members start enlisting, Jimin and V are the two most popular members domestically so they will be offered a lot of commercial work including acting. Jk will probably continue his music career because he is the only one that can sing. People always mention Jin enlisting, but there is only 3 month of age difference between Jin and Suga, so those two will enlist together for sure. Maybe the entire hyung line will enlist followed by the maknaes as in two batches to get it done as soon as possible. Sucessful groups like DBSK have done that before. They will lose momentum, but will still have money making potential after military service considering their popularity. Groups like the Spice Girls and Backstreet boys have reunited after 20 years, and Spice Girls sold out Wembley and other stadiums recently, so anything goes. I doubt BTS will stay relevant in the westm but Asia is a different story. That is if they don’t get caught up in a huge scandal like YG, only time will tell.

Last edited:

cadiz

Star
Fun fact: enlistment is not included in the contract years, so the years they will be away for military do not count. Doubt any of them will leave now that they have renewed their contracts for 7 more years ( adds up to 9 and that is a long time). They will probably get separate work after members start enlisting, Jimin and V are the two most popular members domestically so they will be offered a lot of commercial work including acting. Jk will probably continue his music career because he is the only one that can sing. People always mention Jin enlisting, but there is only 3 month of age difference between Jin and Suga, so those two will enlist together for sure. Maybe the entire hyung line will enlist followed by the maknaes as in two batches to get it done as soon as possible. Sucessful groups like DBSK have done that before. They will lose momentum, but will still have money making potential after military service considering their popularity. Groups like the Spice Girls and Backstreet boys have reunited after 20 years, and Spice Girls sold out Wembley and other stadiums recently, so anything goes. That is if they don’t get caught up in a huge scandal like YG, only time will tell.
yeah but when they come back they are way older
BSB and Spice Girls comeback but their popularity is not even close to what they used to be...its all nostalgia

And in BTS case....the fans are so used to get new videos etc, every day...that taking a hiatus could be way worse
We have to wait and see what happens...I imagine a new group or popstar should be emerging soon to get the teens attention

Truthteller

Veteran
yeah but when they come back they are way older
BSB and Spice Girls comeback but their popularity is not even close to what they used to be...its all nostalgia

And in BTS case....the fans are so used to get new videos etc, every day...that taking a hiatus could be way worse
We have to wait and see what happens...I imagine a new group or popstar should be emerging soon to get the teens attention
Yes, but the Jonas Brothers came back after a much shorter haitus and they were teen sensations too. They won’t be on the same level for sure, and most likely irrelevant in the west, but Korea and Japan along with some other Asian countries are a different story. They will still have potential in those countries. BB had an anticipiated comeback before the Seungri scandal. I mean DBSK is still going strong after 10+ years.

Deadlylady

Established
Yes, but the Jonas Brothers came back after a much shorter haitus and they were teen sensations too. They won’t be on the same level for sure, and most likely irrelevant in the west, but Korea and Japan along with some other Asian countries are a different story. They will still have potential in those countries. BB had an anticipiated comeback before the Seungri scandal. I mean DBSK is still going strong after 10+ years.
I feel like fans in asia are more loyal, since they have this subculture almost that they live. So you might be right. They can continue in asia for a long time but not be as hype as right now. Also if another it group is out they won't let them be that hype anymore anyways.
Like what happened to x0 ?? Disappeared out of thin air. Members have started leaving of course. So betise is next in the line. Since this industry is about boys not guys.

On the other hand in the west the z generation see everything as disposable and forgets everything easily. They consume by the daily like others have said. Can they really wait for their soulmate gang? I don't think so at least not if another group comes out that makes them forget about them.

They train them like soldiers. Why do they have to go to the army anyways?

Last edited:

Brea

Rookie
And we must mention jk getting drunk on live.. when millions of underage kids watching.. great example oppa:)
He is now the 3rd one to admit this week of heavy drinking.. tae wrote it on his summary of the year thingies, that these days he can easily finish a bottle by himself. Jk said the same thing today
I am no shy to drinking and I can't finish a bottle of wine alone in one go. They have a problem
Oof. Go ahead and have fun with vomiting, hallucinating, and passing out buddy. It's your fault after all. (Kook)I mean seriously I knew they all drank but not THAT much

Deadlylady

Established
Oof. Go ahead and have fun with vomiting, hallucinating, and passing out buddy. It's your fault after all. (Kook)I mean seriously I knew they all drank but not THAT much
That country as a whole has a alcohol problem. They work too much so alcohol is their only "escape". SK alcohol commercials to me looks like water commercials. But also as a band they made a song that says drink drink drink. And they are not talking about juice. They are pro drinking. And I have read tweets of fans saying they will drink and watch betise videos.

Those 2 dudes have come to their home town but they spend their nights in an hotel room. Jamal says he get too relaxed with his parents around so he had to stay away. Weird?? I think the company makes them stay away from their family on purpose.

Scars512

Established
They are in their 20s -- so I think drinking like that is pretty common at that age across a lot of cultures (not devout Muslim countries -- but most others). In the US binge drinking is quite common among college aged kids and even young professionals, especially guys. Usually that just involves heavy drinking on the weekends. But, if they are drinking most days like that, they might have a problem. Suga has lyrics referencing using alcohol to escape and wanting to always be drunk. That suggests that this isn't the fun partying type of drinking, but is a form of self-medication. And IF (of course, just speculation here) they are using other types of drugs (like amphetamines) to fuel those long hours, they may even need something like that to help them come down from the high and get some sleep. But that is dangerous because there have been quite a few celebs (like River Phoenix, for example) who died from a combination of uppers and downers.

But SK -- if you can judge by their k-dramas (which I know isn't a fair way to judge what the culture is really like) -- likes to drink. A lot. Even more than here in the US and we like our alcohol here, too.

Brea

Rookie
That country as a whole has a alcohol problem. They work too much so alcohol is their only "escape". SK alcohol commercials to me looks like water commercials. But also as a band they made a song that says drink drink drink. And they are not talking about juice. They are pro drinking. And I have read tweets of fans saying they will drink and watch betise videos.

Those 2 dudes have come to their home town but they spend their nights in an hotel room. Jamal says he get too relaxed with his parents around so he had to stay away. Weird?? I think the company makes them stay away from their family in purpose.
That's sad, but not surprising that they want their family to stay away from them. I bet if all of those members went to visit their families, they would have a breakdown at some point. Even so, I wonder what they're going to be doing next. I mean they already pushed the LGBTQ agenda, they're showing their fans and other people for that matter that it's okay to drink, have sex, be apart of the world and they're blinding them with these desires just so they can stay away from God.

Brea

Rookie
They are in their 20s -- so I think drinking like that is pretty common at that age across a lot of cultures (not devout Muslim countries -- but most others). In the US binge drinking is quite common among college aged kids and even young professionals, especially guys. Usually that just involves heavy drinking on the weekends. But, if they are drinking most days like that, they might have a problem. Suga has lyrics referencing using alcohol to escape and wanting to always be drunk. That suggests that this isn't the fun partying type of drinking, but is a form of self-medication. And IF (of course, just speculation here) they are using other types of drugs (like amphetamines) to fuel those long hours, they may even need something like that to help them come down from the high and get some sleep. But that is dangerous because there have been quite a few celebs (like River Phoenix, for example) who died from a combination of uppers and downers.

But SK -- if you can judge by their k-dramas (which I know isn't a fair way to judge what the culture is really like) -- likes to drink. A lot. Even more than here in the US and we like our alcohol here, too.
I'm underaged, and unlike most teens who drink anyway, I myself don't have an interest to drink once I'm 21. I'm aware you can have a few sips and won't get drunk at all, but still. Eh.

Deadlylady

Established
I'm underaged, and unlike most teens who drink anyway, I myself don't have an interest to drink once I'm 21. I'm aware you can have a few sips and won't get drunk at all, but still. Eh.
In my religion drinking is a sin. But in most countries everybody drinks, even in those islamic countries. That's something only an adult can decide. But I never heard anything good coming from drinking alcohol. Consuming this has a long list of negative side effects like car accident, domestic violence, addiction, be an easy target to be raped, which could cause unwanted pregnancies, and also numerous medical, psychiatric issues etc.

I know in the states they drink a lot but this is way more than you might think.

"You might be surprised to know that the biggest alcohol consumers are in South Korea."

Last edited:

Scars512

Established
I think for most people, they really want to drink when they are underage or just 21 because it is a symbol of adulthood. Once the novelty of it wears off, most don't find it as much fun as they initially thought. Plus, the older you get the harder it is to recover from too much alcohol. Hangovers are not worth it.

When I was younger, I actually had some warning signs of developing a drinking problem. I have really bad social anxiety and it helped me relax in social settings. Fortunately, my sorority sisters staged an intervention for me and I was always careful about drinking after that. Now I don't drink at all because I developed an allergy to it. It actually causes me a lot of stomach pain and makes my face red and burning (like having a sunburn). I can't even use mouthwash with alcohol because it causes the inside of my mouth to peel off. I consider it a blessing, though, because I don't have any temptation to drink because of it. Some people just are vulnerable to becoming addicted to it and if I hadn't had people who cared about me and convinced me to get it under control, I could have easily ended up an alcoholic. I hope these guys have someone like that to look out for them, but sadly I don't think that they do.