BTS discussion thread

Scars512

Established
Did anyone watch the BTS Festa attic talk or whatever it was called? There was one part that stood out for me. V was telling a story about how he was playing a mobile game and one of the other online players asked, "Does anyone like BTS?" He said he replied, "Me, me, me!". She had a user name that referenced Suga, so he asked her if she liked Suga. She said, "yes". He then said he wrote, "I really hate V. What do you think about that?" And this person replied "all of them are precious to me." He said he was really happy about that and it made him feel good that fans supported all of them.

Now, first of all, I think it is highly unlikely that this actually happened. But it did remind me of something.

In an African American literature course I took a few years back, we discussed how some people say that slavery wasn't all bad because there were slaves who said that their masters were really good to them. What people often don't realize is that slave holders would get people that the slaves didn't know to pass by and ask slaves about the treatment they got from their masters. Or they would get slaves from other plantations to do the asking. These people would report back who they talked to and what they said. If you answered incorrectly, there would be punishment. So slaves would generally praise their master to anyone they didn't know they could trust. Otherwise, they risked punishment.

So, V is putting this idea into Army's heads that whoever they are talking to online could actually be a member of BTS. And if they dare to say something honest that is critical, they might be saying it directly to BTS. That seems like a pretty sneaky way to encourage fans to self censor online.

cadiz

Star
Here we can see fans give their honest opinions..
BTS fans censor themselves a lot on twitter because saying something negative means they will be bullied by other Armys...so its nice to see this

I dont watch their shows anymore and my only contact are the clips I see on this thread....but fans see the same thing as we do.....so we are not really overreacting when we say they look "done"

Truthteller

Veteran
wow ....he sounds like a drama queen.
pretending to be a V anti and asking the fan if she hates him too? ...now all the people who said he expossed Jikook to play the victim might be right :rolleyes:

And just saw this

Black Nut's misogynistic lyrics under controversy again

Another idol (rapper) going down....now I posted about RM and BTS misogynists lyrics here before....talking about women having sexual desease etc. but of course the goverment "darlings" will never be exposed like this
I did not watch the entire thing, just bits, but I think that the answers were scripted, not to say that there was no truth in some of the things they said. I think some things were real but others. were just...
That is a very odd answer to what Jin said about him. What makes me happy is when the 7 of us are happy, so I changed myself from annoying to considerate? Wtf!? Something like I have matured, or my perspectives have chnaged would have made more sense.

Side note: I don’t think anyone in BTS has what it takes for a good solo career, so it benefits them to stay together professionally and business-wise. No way they would be more sucessful or richer doing things alone, even if its something like acting for the likes of TH ( has the looks but dubious skills). They are much more appealing as a group. Its like you take 7 mediocres that complement one another and create something better, but for them its not only about that. Part of their appeal is the ”we are like family and super close narrative”. They have marketed themselves as such regardless of what goes on behind the scenes and these concepts are very popular nowadays. Just look at family channels on youtube like the ace family, they have 10 of millions of subscribers, people are hungry for belonging and affection even on the screen.

Last edited:

cadiz

Star
That is a great explanation.I loved it.:D
You see I've been posting how fans have started questioning and discussing about the hype even outside conspiracy circles and how those websites are getting taken down,temporarily or permanently.
Bigshit must've known about this already,obviously.
They practise cult methods and what you explained,sounds like a decent trick to silence the fandom/followers of a cult.
Complete loyalty,they are demanding.
I wish that fans start to see these controlling tactics of the company and get away from this toxicity.

Also,something similar happened a long time ago with megh@n f0x.There were many trolls at the peak of transformers hype,going after her.Then,there were some articles reporting that she actually does a lot of online gaming with a male username.And that the players may never know if the one they were playing with was actually f0x.It kind of made the gamers a little conscious of the other players.
I guess,the company is following the same play.
Of course,it is to be expected when their publicity is now run by hollyweird agencies.
oh wait!! you might be right!!
Just saw this on allkpop bashing thread...... Look at Jimin here encouraging the cult mentality

Replies from the fans are saying they do the same....blocking everyone who says something negative about BTS and even ending friendship because of it o_O

cadiz

Star
I did not watch the entire thing, just bits, but I think that the answers were scripted, not to say that there was no truth in some of the things they said. I think some things were real but others. were just...
That is a very odd answer to what Jin said about him. What makes me happy is when the 7 of us are happy, so I changed myself from annoying to considerate? Wtf!? Something like I have matured, or my perspectives have chnaged would have made more sense.

Side note: I don’t think anyone in BTS has what it takes for a good solo career, so it benefits them to stay together professionally and business-wise. No way they would be more sucessful or richer doing things alone, even if its something like acting for the likes of TH ( has the looks but dubious skills like most idol actors). They are much more appealing as a group. Its like you take 7 mediocres that complement one another and create something better, but for them its not only about that. Part of their appeal is the ”we are like family and super close narrative”. They have marketed themselves as such regardless of what goes on behind the scenes and these concepts are very popular nowadays. Just look at family chanels on youtube like the ace family, they have 10 of millions of subscribers, people are hungry for belonging and affection even on the screen.
I just deleted my comment because I saw a clip of Jimin saying he block any type of negative comment....so I think there is a narrative here...not only this V guy being a drama queen because the whole group is trying to push this "no negative comment" rule

Scars512

Established
Just saw this on allkpop bashing thread...... Look at Jimin here encouraging the cult mentality

Replies from the fans are saying they do the same....blocking everyone who says something negative about BTS and even ending friendship because of it o_O
Wow. I missed that part. Yeah, there definitely seems to be a theme there. Classic cult technique of isolation so that no one has space and opportunity to think for themselves or hear opposing viewpoints.

Brea

Rookie

They extra, like what the hell? -_-

It seems these fans can't handle people who dislike bts, but let me tell you that this is life and this world isn't all buddy buddy rainbows and sunshine. They really don't need to block anyone or do the extras and end friendships just for an unpopular comment. I'd only understand if someone was harassing them on a daily basis. Otherwise, these people are fake.

NotDelulu

Established

@Scars512 that was a great observation, I watched it just a while back and thought the same thing.

First of all , all of this looks fake and scripted af. I will point out a few things that stood out for me:
1. Jimin says he cuts tie with any friend who talks shit about bts. Like in his real life any "friend " of his would do that. It is purely to make army even more militant and stick to other army friends only.
2. Taehyung.. he got a lot of lines and weird stories. The mobile game story stirred a lot if tweets when people wondering if every anti they ever talked to and blocked were a member in disguise . Also, why would he ask such a question, I hate v - what do you say about that. Like if the answer was oh yes he's trash, would if be any good to him? Also his answers were bizarre. He mentioned multiple times he was very happy but his expression was blank and bored. He called jimin his best friend but I think their friendship is long gone for the most part.
He was talking about how he feels bts was sent from GOD and everyone mocked him cuz he doesnt have religion. He tried to explain he is a spiritual person who believes someone guides him from above but they were clowning him. This part actually looked authentic to me.
3. They all talked about how they are softer and how their stage persona is so much different than their real one. This was quite unexpected as they suppose to always stay in character
4. Suga mentioned a "counselor " who guides them. I hope it's someone who is responsible for their mental health and not some handler
5. They all felt very grateful for the opportunity to sit and talk this way. Aren't you together all day every day? Why do you wait for filmed discussions to Express how you feel?
6. Talking about their childhood many of them expressed that they dont say I love you to their family and didnt hear it from their parents. I dont know but it looks like an Asian mentality. Many fans on twitter felt the same way and admitted saying I love you is weird to them and referred to it as emotional constipation.. like you can say that to a friend but not to your family. Just a point to note
7. They referred to tae again as weird. That they had issues understanding him and they are happy he toned down even though rm admitted his bubbly and outgoing personality drew a lot of fans to like bts. he looked so zen to me I couldn't help thinking he was on some drugs. Poor guy.
8. They all are much darker and grim outside of the filmed performances. Like jhope said he is really struggling to maintain his jolly persona at all times.

I didnt really watch full 55 minutes but skipped through and that's what I noticed.

Truthteller

Veteran
@Scars512 that was a great observation, I watched it just a while back and thought the same thing.
He called jimin his best friend but I think their friendship is long gone for the most part.
Interesting observation, I also feel like he has this reservation around Jimin, but at the same time, they have their moments. What is you reasoning?

A while back I wrote that V is depressed, but after seeing him happy and energetic during concerts, I thought he maybe was better. The depression is very much there, comes back as soon as he goes back from the high energy concerts to everyday life. Depressed people don’t have to be sad all the time and have real happy moments too that may last days. In his Vlive, most of the songs he played were literally about depression, not just sad songs. During one of the songs ”trying my best”, he got teary eyed and said he plays the song in the morning to feel better, which is quite typical of depression, they feel the worst early in the morning. There is no denying that he has depression and feels lonely at this point. His playlist (not by me)

Christian Akridge- Please Notice
Alessia Cara - Growing Pains
Gabriel Tajeu - That’s What I Want
Anson Seabra - Can You Hear Me
Demi Lovato - Sober
Beabadoobee - Dance With Me
Eli - Disappear
Herman Hepfeld - As Time Goes By (Casablanca OST)
Edith Piaf - La Vie en Rose
Anson Seabra - Trying My Best
Ruth B - Lost Boy
Natalie Taylor - Come to This
Alice Kristiansen - Moon and Back

At least he believes in God unlike atheist NJ and candyman. Don’t about the others but none of them seem religious or spiritual.

Last edited:

Chic

Veteran
Interesting observation, I also feel like he has this reservation around Jimin, but at the same time, they have their moments. What is you reasoning?

A while back I wrote that V is depressed, but after seeing him happy and energetic during concerts, I thought he maybe was better. The depression is very much there, comes back as soon as he goes back from the high energy concerts to everyday life. Depressed people don’t have to be sad all the time and have real happy moments too that may last days. In his Vlive, most of the songs he played were literally about depression, not just sad songs. During one of the songs ”trying my best”, he got teary eyed and said he plays the song in the morning to feel better, which is quite typical of depression, they feel the worst early in the morning. There is no denying that he has depression and feels lonely at this point. His playlist (not by me)

Demi Lovato - Sober
Eli - Disappear
Ruth B - Lost Boy

I said this. I don't watch all of their Vlives, but I tuned in to this one and by far it was the most depressing Vlive I've ever seen any of them do. Is it a cry for help? It almost made me depressed hearing all of those pitiful lyrics. Dream Glow was the only happy/upbeat song he played at the end.

Sidenote: Gabriel Tajeu is from my city. And now I'm wondering how he discovered him, lol.

Last edited:

Deadlylady

Established

Side note: I don’t think anyone in BTS has what it takes for a good solo career, so it benefits them to stay together professionally and business-wise. No way they would be more sucessful or richer doing things alone, even if its something like acting for the likes of TH ( has the looks but dubious skills). They are much more appealing as a group. Its like you take 7 mediocres that complement one another and create something better, but for them its not only about that. Part of their appeal is the ”we are like family and super close narrative”. They have marketed themselves as such regardless of what goes on behind the scenes and these concepts are very popular nowadays. Just look at family channels on youtube like the ace family, they have 10 of millions of subscribers, people are hungry for belonging and affection even on the screen.
This was so mean lol. This right here was real because th reaction says it all. In some way they are right that dude used to act like a 5 year old kid and he was stubborn too which must of made the situation even worse.
But with time he grew up and got over that childish behavior. Genie is not smart enough to understand that I guess. I somewhat feel like genie and even jamal can't really stand th. They must have had many fights.

When they talked about jamal they kept it short I wonder what was cut. He seems like not been able to handle negative comments from the members or friends. Also I feel like he is the kind of dude that holds grudges.
Th was getting along the best with kook but looks like that's over now. So the reason of that depression could be not having any friends anymore around him.

First of all , all of this looks fake and scripted af. I will point out a few things that stood out for me:
1. Jimin says he cuts tie with any friend who talks shit about bts. Like in his real life any "friend " of his would do that. It is purely to make army even more militant and stick to other army friends only.
2. Taehyung.. he got a lot of lines and weird stories. The mobile game story stirred a lot if tweets when people wondering if every anti they ever talked to and blocked were a member in disguise . Also, why would he ask such a question, I hate v - what do you say about that. Like if the answer was oh yes he's trash, would if be any good to him? Also his answers were bizarre. He mentioned multiple times he was very happy but his expression was blank and bored. He called jimin his best friend but I think their friendship is long gone for the most part.
He was talking about how he feels bts was sent from GOD and everyone mocked him cuz he doesnt have religion. He tried to explain he is a spiritual person who believes someone guides him from above but they were clowning him. This part actually looked authentic to me.
3. They all talked about how they are softer and how their stage persona is so much different than their real one. This was quite unexpected as they suppose to always stay in character
4. Suga mentioned a "counselor " who guides them. I hope it's someone who is responsible for their mental health and not some handler
5. They all felt very grateful for the opportunity to sit and talk this way. Aren't you together all day every day? Why do you wait for filmed discussions to Express how you feel?
6. Talking about their childhood many of them expressed that they dont say I love you to their family and didnt hear it from their parents. I dont know but it looks like an Asian mentality. Many fans on twitter felt the same way and admitted saying I love you is weird to them and referred to it as emotional constipation.. like you can say that to a friend but not to your family. Just a point to note
7. They referred to tae again as weird. That they had issues understanding him and they are happy he toned down even though rm admitted his bubbly and outgoing personality drew a lot of fans to like bts. he looked so zen to me I couldn't help thinking he was on some drugs. Poor guy.
8. They all are much darker and grim outside of the filmed performances. Like jhope said he is really struggling to maintain his jolly persona at all times.

I didnt really watch full 55 minutes but skipped through and that's what I noticed.

In that attic video when they talked about "personas". Some member (nj, kook, jamal) couldn't even talk about their real personalities. They can't differentiate between their fake persona and real character? Maybe they want to keep it private too. This group is a product/brand written and edited by people anyways. Why broke the spell right?

Th talking about god and angels and h0p making fun of it was not nice at all. TH then said I must read too many mangas.:confused::confused::confused:. I didn't like that part at all. They could of cut that part but they deliberately left it so that every fans knows he doesn't believe in anything.

Them going solo might or might not work but I hope they disband soon. Just for this craze to die down.

Candy might be going to a psychiatrist since he had/has depression, OCD and social phobia. Must be taking medications for it that's why he is so calm all the time. And maybe other members too have disorders.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/k-town/7476080/bts-suga-agust-d-mixtape

I don't think they hang out with each other when they are home. Everybody is in their room or outside doing their thing. They don't have to hang out everyday. They must of got sick of each other by now. The thing is we forget that they are co-workers not best friends.

H0pe said he struggles sometimes to smile infront of the camera but that because of crazy world tour life. I saw this video a fan did the members had pain killer bandages all over their bodies. To dance like that for months, it must hurt like hell. That's why this time around they didn't dance that much. But they do earn a lot of money too.

I agree. That was a very weird answer from th. He is ALWAYS emphasizing to love all 7 of them. I understand that it is a politically correct thing to say or maybe he actually means it but the way he always brings it up is strange..as if something happened behind the scenes that we don't know that makes him bring it up all the time..

Demi Lovato - Sober
Eli - Disappear
Ruth B - Lost Boy

At least he believes in God unlike atheist NJ and candyman. Don’t about the others but none of them seem religious or spiritual.
I also thought he seemed happier these days but that vlive made me reconsider that and when you comment anything about th and his mental state..fans are so quick to shut it down and only think about that part of the vlive where he is posing in bed..huh? It's not about maturity because he is straight up recommending some pretty serious songs throughout the ENTIRE vlive. I also found it strange when he said that song made him happy in the morning. It sounded like it made him happy more because he found comfort in the lyrics and his ability to relate to it.

Sometimes I wonder if th is actually happier with BTS as he claims to be. He came in the group with a lot of self confidence and a free spirit but now he seems overly self conscious..talking SO much less, keeping to himself, he himself says he's uncomfortable with solo vlives when he used to do them with no problem at all?! He also says he is working on expressing himself better which he didn't seem to have a problem with that either before. It seems like over the years, the other members seemed to have got into his head that he should act to their standards?? The fact that he basically spent most of his time with them for the past few years must have unconsciously caused him to try to fit into their standards and think that it's the right way to go. Even if he says he's happy, his expressions don't look genuinely convincing.

NotDelulu

Established
I just noticed that in the elevator video, h0pe,who was in the right hand corner is trying to stop himself from laughing as others left the elevator.
I guess the two were simply bickering and tea got the upper hand in that with some interesting slight at the end.J1n didn't have a comeback to that.You can see the leader looking at j1n for reaction and candyman looking slightly amused as well.
Yes I dont think it's that serious, they might have an argument or he just said something passionately..

NotDelulu

Established
Sometimes I wonder if th is actually happier with BTS as he claims to be. He came in the group with a lot of self confidence and a free spirit but now he seems overly self conscious..talking SO much less, keeping to himself, he himself says he's uncomfortable with solo vlives when he used to do them with no problem at all?! He also says he is working on expressing himself better which he didn't seem to have a problem with that either before. It seems like over the years, the other members seemed to have got into his head that he should act to their standards?? The fact that he basically spent most of his time with them for the past few years must have unconsciously caused him to try to fit into their standards and think that it's the right way to go. Even if he says he's happy, his expressions don't look genuinely convincing.
I see that almost every time he speaks in the group they are mocking him in some way.. he changed a lot. It may be age, maybe the tribulations he has had.. on stage he seems genuinely happy to me, that's not an act. His outgoing friendly fun personality is indeed what drew many fans to bts so they own him that. I feel some of them were jealous, he has the looks, the charisma, effortlessly charming, has a really large following. . And they kept bringing him down saying he was too loud.. that vlive, he seemed so upset but If anyone would mention it his solo stans attacked like vultures. Like it's a taboo to say someone looks sad. Dont know if he's clinically depressed, wouldn't be surprised.

With jm I think he is just disappointed in their friendship... in old videos you see how caring v was towards the others, I guess they grew apart like it often happens in bands. ego, exhaustion and maybe other factors played a role. He has new interests now that maybe dont sit well with the others.. we can only guess. His body language is friendly towards jin hope and suga the most nowadays.

wow

Veteran

i didnt watch the whole V live because ew lmao. i only watched some clips but i have noticed that th's body language screams UNCOMFORTABLE like he probably screaming internally like "get me tf out of this place rn all of you are fake, im done"