BTS discussion thread

WOKE_ARMY

Established
Feel free to read and leave comments.. I didn't read it yet.. Will read it later to comment something on this..

View attachment 14055View attachment 14056View attachment 14057View attachment 14058View attachment 14059View attachment 14060
Hmm..there’s more to it, this note. But I doubt that this is 100% Jin’s story. Could be altered by BH’s staff to fit into the album’s storyline.
Whatu if this note is a hint from Jinnie?

Ok, here’s what I picked up from the note.
Just my theory.

Jin had a flashbacks of many different moments when he went inside the storage room.
This is understandable as MK Ultra victim has undergone such torture,splitting personas and all.
From the first translation, we understood that Jin had a fight with Hopi and Tae. ( I’m curious why he ignored Hopi?)
What if this flashbacks are a mix of what had happened to him when he was altered?
Jin mentioned about Tea reminding him about memory and he said, “ it was just a meaningless story”.
‘OTHER GUYS’ is mentioned here, probably the other members?
( and why is Rm, Tea and Hopi are mentioned? )
Jinnie also said that he only had a bad memory about ‘that place’. By ‘that place’ he meant the storage room of classroom he was in?
Maybe something really, really bad took place in that room since he emphasised it a lot in a first paragraph on second translation.
Make sense cuz he said ‘things that made me painful and made me want to escape ‘.

“A fight happened between me and TaeTaee who stopped me from going back and leave..”
Hmm.. from my POV, what if, Jin wanted to leave this whole thing with Hopi? Since Hopi wanted to leave and came back? What if, TaeTaee was the one who convinced Hopi and Jinnie to stay in the group? If this is true, then, what you guys said before about TaeTaee was born in this could be true.
Then, it seems like they discovered a hidden place in the classroom? And led to this cabinet where one eyed guy found Jinnies dad’s diary.
Isn’t it weird that One Eyed Guy is there? As if he brought them all in that room?
And looked like Jinnies surprised/didn’t know about the diary?

His dad wrote in the diary that he made a mistake as him and also tried to escape but failed. Same mistake that Jinnie is/was making?

After all of that thinking, and tears because of that diary and what his father made, he looked at the other members who are sleeping, and said to himself, “ maybe we had to come back here .”
Maybe we HAD to come back here? Sounds like they are forced to come back?
‘I realised the joy of being together ‘.
He stayed maybe because other members were making him happy, hence he stayed?

The last part of the note got me thinking, maybe the mistakes they are doing, or he is doing is submitting to the higher ups ( satan ) and it’s way to late to fight for it?
I donno , this note can have ten meanings!

“ and perhaps take a step closer to finding a map to my soul”.
He wanted his soul back!

Aaahh I’m so bad at explaining, but this note is so depressing to read. Haven’t read the others yet, so those who have maybe can connect the whole thing?
Thank you for reading and I’m so sorry if there’s any repetition or anything that’s not clear! I’m writing this on my phone so it’s hard to check!

Bae Yeon Hee

Established
Idk if someone already posted the translation for what's written at the end of epiphany but here it is.

"At the end of my journey to find myself, everything else is back in place. What I have to look for is a map of the soul that is the beginning and milestone of everything, but I can not find anyone that I am looking for from now on."

Hopeful

Star
Idk if someone already posted the translation for what's written at the end of epiphany but here it is.

"At the end of my journey to find myself, everything else is back in place. What I have to look for is a map of the soul that is the beginning and milestone of everything, but I can not find anyone that I am looking for from now on."
Thanks i was looking for this.

The mention of soul atlast..
Even in the lyrics . Soul is mentioned ..

Loss of soul finding of soul..

The end note links to the last scene.. When remaining 6 appear on the jeep.. Like everything is back to normal

mimis

Established
Opinions on epiphany?
''Epiphany'' is definitly mockery of God. I quote ''I am the one I should love in this world'' NOT GOD!? thanks for the message bts.. (Oprah also did this type of blasphemy on her show with ''the power of I AM'' basically removing God from the meaning and making it all about themselves!!!!! So demonic and it fits the illuminati agenda)
CAN'T BELIEVE THEY ACTUALLY DID THAT SELFISH SONG!!!!!

mimis

Established
But we aren't sure if he wrote the lyrics.. mostly it's RM or suga.
It might be predictive programming that they are going to get rid of Jin at some point in time because all songs they do are being presented from Jin's spectrum. (run, spring day, blood sweat and tears..) For some reason he always looks odd and not understanding what is going on around him. I don't know if he is realizing what is happening or if they just tell him to look that way and he thinks it's cool because it looks like a red flag to me..I mean, if someone from the group dies it will definitly be Jin because of the hints and all that attention pointed at him. He always looks like the side guy from the group!

mimis

Established
Epiphany

[Disclaimer: speculation and observation, a.k.a. just a theory]

Definition of epiphany:
1) a sudden manifestation or perception of the essential nature or meaning of something
2) an intuitive grasp of reality through something (such as an event) usually simple and striking
3) an illuminating discover, realiztion or disclosure -a revealing scene or moment

Source: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/epiphany

In the opening scene there are two Jins and everything is coloured grey. There are 6 Army bombs used as a light source, which I think symbolises the other 6 members. There is a separate 7th light which I believe represents Jin, however, unlike the 6 that are attached, this singular light is switched off. In this screenshot I circled two other light sources, the one above the mirror where one of the Jins is standing and prepping himself, and the standing lamp near the Jin that is sitting down. Notice that the standing light is switched off, while the mirror light is on. Also note the source of light coming from outside the room/house in the first shot.
View attachment 14207

Special attention is also placed on the lilies. I'll come back to this. I once read a VC article in which he explained that clothes also represent multiple alters/personalities of MK ultra victims. The closet is filled with them, and Jin neatly selects one to put on. What's interesting is that despite there being an entire closet dedicated to the clothing, there's a single coat/gown thing hanging outside of the closet, seperate from the others. I believe that this one represents Jin's core personality, his real self. Another interesting thing was that as the Jin that was seated gets ready, we see yet another version of himself sitting in the pool of natural light from outside, and his head drops just as the couch-Jin rises -as though each personality switches off or is reset after its served its purpose. View attachment 14209
Jin preps himself, like the previous one did (showing the repitition of switching alters), and leaves after switching the light off. It's also while he gets ready that the colour starts creeping back in, which I took as a sign that Mk Ultra victims are blank slates (grey) until their alters are triggered (clothes on, colour). The next scene is the rain one. Other people have already brought up the meaning of rain, so I won't go into detail about that. However, what I did find odd was that at the 2:00 min mark, lightning strikes and Jin leans his head back and lets the rain fall on his face. Rain is said to represent blessings, propserity, rebirth and the cycle of life. However, at 2:14, the rain is actually reversed.
View attachment 14210
It appears to be drawn back up into the sky. The scene ends. Upon entering the room again, one of the first things he does is touch the side/back of his hand to his mouth. This is not the first time he does this in the video. Even while he does this, his face remains completely neutral throughout both scenes.

"The face is used more than any other part of the body to cover up lies. We use smiles, nods and winks in an attempt to cover up, but unfortunately for us, our body signals tell the truth and there is a lack of congruence between our body gestures and facial signals. A composed face, lacking expression, is the one that may be masking emotion. It's a technique known as a 'poker face'and is the easiest and most successful way of concealing what you'd rather not show. Narrowed eyes, a tense forehead and tightened jaw muscles are small, subtle signs that an emotion is being supressed."
Source: http://westsidetoastmasters.com/resources/book_of_body_language/chap7.html

View attachment 14212
Might be a reach but I think that the wiping of the mouth could be an ode to the vow of silence. Or maybe another way of wiping off emotion from his face. Again, there are two Jins in this scene and one of them is sitting down. But something weird happens. The Jin who has just walked in goes to the window and is no longer on camera while the seated Jin gets up. He also moves toward the window, only the second Jin is gone and he is alone in the room. He looks out the window and closes the curtains -shutting out the only natural source of light in the room.
View attachment 14215

If you look carefully at this scene, you'll see that Jin is standing in between the sort of orange-coloured light and a painting to his back that was also featuring an orange colour scheme on the far side of the room. I don't have a screenshot of that but you can see it at around the 3:05 min mark. His hair is also orange. Two possible meanings:

"Orange -these special protector alters are scouts who warn of danger from internal or external threats. Alternatively, guard alters are heavily programmed for obedience."
Source: http://educate-yourself.org/mc/illumformula11chap.shtml

Why would he shut the curtain?

Finally, one of the parts that bothers me the most is that in this final scene, you'd think that everything is being repeated just the same as it was the first time we see Jin leave. But it's not. This time, he seems to linger a bit and takes the book with him and both the standing and mirror lights are switched off. There is also no second Jin left in the room. Before, there was always one other Jin left in the room, as seen in shot 1 and 2. But by the time the video is over in shot 3, he's gone for real.

View attachment 14217

Thanks to @Bae Yeon Hee for the translation which fits the now empty room:
The last part of the video shows him "reunited" with the other 6, but they're more like ghosts than actually present with Jin. The background also shows the ocean, ironic since that was how Jin was theorised to die in another video, through drowning.
View attachment 14218

About the lilies, they've obviously had a history throughout BTS's mvs. I wasn't sure whether or not the flowers in the mv were lilies or the other one whose name I'm too tired to remember to spell correctly right now, lol, but I'm pretty sure they are lilies in Epiphany.
View attachment 14222

White flowes have had an interesting history throughout their concepts: from the INU mv in which JK burns the petals, as well as Suga standing in front of a painting of the white flowers as it burns, to V throwing 6 petals down while Jin lays on a bed of them.

White flowers in general represent purity and innocence, and they tend to be destroyed in several of their mvs. However, the lily specifically is linked with death and funerals. @DarkAndWild pointed out that the date shown at the very beginning of the mv is the same date as Tae's grandfather's funeral. Again, Jin and Tae are linked through their loss, but also the reference to masks in Epiphany's lyrics (like the masks used in Tae's Singularity). Finally, this is what I noticed. Compare Jin's hands holding the white flowers to Tae's bloody ones:
View attachment 14223
Take that as you will.

(Finally, sorry if I rambled on a bit, I'm so tired so it might not all make sense lol.)
It will make sense if he is killed by V as he is the main sacrificer!

deniiiiXD

Veteran
''Epiphany'' is definitly mockery of God. I quote ''I am the one I should love in this world'' NOT GOD!? thanks for the message bts.. (Oprah also did this type of blasphemy on her show with ''the power of I AM'' basically removing God from the meaning and making it all about themselves!!!!! So demonic and it fits the illuminati agenda)
CAN'T BELIEVE THEY ACTUALLY DID THAT SELFISH SONG!!!!!
It made be angry for more than 4 hours and ik i shouldn;t have been

kukitae

Rookie
I agree, I wasn't too thrilled with this song either. I wasn't even excited for the last album or this comeback. The only thing I'm looking for in BTS is just Satanic symbolism now, I don't even enjoy them much anymore. Not looking forward to this new album either, I get anxiety each time they release new music because now I always think to myself: "Okay, what symbolism and dark lyrics will they have this time? How much deeper are they into the occult and Satansim now?" Just thoughts like that. Always gotta be aware.
SAME FAM! My twt timeline is going crazy with jintro meanwhile I'm here sitting and questioning the lyrics and the MV. And somehow, I pity those people? When I was an ARMY, I reacted the same way everytime they released something new, I went like "of,fnfjdndudndjnd he is slayin! ××× nailed it y'all they gonna hit big! They're so beautiful I'm crYin!" But I can't help but feeling suspicious to them now. I can't see them as the way I saw them.

kukitae

Rookie
The holy water is a good idea (be discret tho like idk put some on your hands and when you pass the note it will covered by that water )(protect yourself tho if you go like we dont you to get harmed )
Don't worry I'll be fine. God is with me ;) *i can't even go to korea im potato*

Lonny

Rookie
Opinions on epiphany?
I think it's about self-acceptance. Maybe...stopping an unhealthy relationship or not wanting to be taken for granted anymore?
The song's beautifully sung but it feels off. First those damn lilies again, the closing of the curtains, a mirror, multiple J1ns and the rain. Doesn't it feel like the rain is flowing backwards?
"Water has always been revered as a source of life, and therefore rain has been on the forefront of mankind’s traditional desires for crops and sustaining life. Some may be shocked to know that Satan also uses rain to possess others and even accept human sacrifices. "
If it flows backwards doesn't mean j1n isn't the sacrifice? maybe it's because satanists like doing everything backward
and at the end of the mv he doesn't repeat himself anymore maybe it means he's somehow free? or maybe it's time for the sacrifice?
Then there's that last scene on the beach…..I'm confused XD

Hopeful

Star
I thought it is "so you should love yourself BRRR"?
I really heard them say this.. In of the live performances
Hmm..there’s more to it, this note. But I doubt that this is 100% Jin’s story. Could be altered by BH’s staff to fit into the album’s storyline.
Whatu if this note is a hint from Jinnie?

Ok, here’s what I picked up from the note.
Just my theory.

Jin had a flashbacks of many different moments when he went inside the storage room.
This is understandable as MK Ultra victim has undergone such torture,splitting personas and all.
From the first translation, we understood that Jin had a fight with Hopi and Tae. ( I’m curious why he ignored Hopi?)
What if this flashbacks are a mix of what had happened to him when he was altered?
Jin mentioned about Tea reminding him about memory and he said, “ it was just a meaningless story”.
‘OTHER GUYS’ is mentioned here, probably the other members?
( and why is Rm, Tea and Hopi are mentioned? )
Jinnie also said that he only had a bad memory about ‘that place’. By ‘that place’ he meant the storage room of classroom he was in?
Maybe something really, really bad took place in that room since he emphasised it a lot in a first paragraph on second translation.
Make sense cuz he said ‘things that made me painful and made me want to escape ‘.

“A fight happened between me and TaeTaee who stopped me from going back and leave..”
Hmm.. from my POV, what if, Jin wanted to leave this whole thing with Hopi? Since Hopi wanted to leave and came back? What if, TaeTaee was the one who convinced Hopi and Jinnie to stay in the group? If this is true, then, what you guys said before about TaeTaee was born in this could be true.
Then, it seems like they discovered a hidden place in the classroom? And led to this cabinet where one eyed guy found Jinnies dad’s diary.
Isn’t it weird that One Eyed Guy is there? As if he brought them all in that room?
And looked like Jinnies surprised/didn’t know about the diary?

His dad wrote in the diary that he made a mistake as him and also tried to escape but failed. Same mistake that Jinnie is/was making?

After all of that thinking, and tears because of that diary and what his father made, he looked at the other members who are sleeping, and said to himself, “ maybe we had to come back here .”
Maybe we HAD to come back here? Sounds like they are forced to come back?
‘I realised the joy of being together ‘.
He stayed maybe because other members were making him happy, hence he stayed?

The last part of the note got me thinking, maybe the mistakes they are doing, or he is doing is submitting to the higher ups ( satan ) and it’s way to late to fight for it?
I donno , this note can have ten meanings!

“ and perhaps take a step closer to finding a map to my soul”.
He wanted his soul back!

Aaahh I’m so bad at explaining, but this note is so depressing to read. Haven’t read the others yet, so those who have maybe can connect the whole thing?
Thank you for reading and I’m so sorry if there’s any repetition or anything that’s not clear! I’m writing this on my phone so it’s hard to check!
Awesome analysis... I enjoyed reading it

wow

Veteran
Epiphany

[Disclaimer: speculation and observation, a.k.a. just a theory]

Definition of epiphany:
1) a sudden manifestation or perception of the essential nature or meaning of something
2) an intuitive grasp of reality through something (such as an event) usually simple and striking
3) an illuminating discover, realiztion or disclosure -a revealing scene or moment

Source: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/epiphany

In the opening scene there are two Jins and everything is coloured grey. There are 6 Army bombs used as a light source, which I think symbolises the other 6 members. There is a separate 7th light which I believe represents Jin, however, unlike the 6 that are attached, this singular light is switched off. In this screenshot I circled two other light sources, the one above the mirror where one of the Jins is standing and prepping himself, and the standing lamp near the Jin that is sitting down. Notice that the standing light is switched off, while the mirror light is on. Also note the source of light coming from outside the room/house in the first shot.
View attachment 14207

Special attention is also placed on the lilies. I'll come back to this. I once read a VC article in which he explained that clothes also represent multiple alters/personalities of MK ultra victims. The closet is filled with them, and Jin neatly selects one to put on. What's interesting is that despite there being an entire closet dedicated to the clothing, there's a single coat/gown thing hanging outside of the closet, seperate from the others. I believe that this one represents Jin's core personality, his real self. Another interesting thing was that as the Jin that was seated gets ready, we see yet another version of himself sitting in the pool of natural light from outside, and his head drops just as the couch-Jin rises -as though each personality switches off or is reset after its served its purpose. View attachment 14209
Jin preps himself, like the previous one did (showing the repitition of switching alters), and leaves after switching the light off. It's also while he gets ready that the colour starts creeping back in, which I took as a sign that Mk Ultra victims are blank slates (grey) until their alters are triggered (clothes on, colour). The next scene is the rain one. Other people have already brought up the meaning of rain, so I won't go into detail about that. However, what I did find odd was that at the 2:00 min mark, lightning strikes and Jin leans his head back and lets the rain fall on his face. Rain is said to represent blessings, propserity, rebirth and the cycle of life. However, at 2:14, the rain is actually reversed.
View attachment 14210
It appears to be drawn back up into the sky. The scene ends. Upon entering the room again, one of the first things he does is touch the side/back of his hand to his mouth. This is not the first time he does this in the video. Even while he does this, his face remains completely neutral throughout both scenes.

"The face is used more than any other part of the body to cover up lies. We use smiles, nods and winks in an attempt to cover up, but unfortunately for us, our body signals tell the truth and there is a lack of congruence between our body gestures and facial signals. A composed face, lacking expression, is the one that may be masking emotion. It's a technique known as a 'poker face'and is the easiest and most successful way of concealing what you'd rather not show. Narrowed eyes, a tense forehead and tightened jaw muscles are small, subtle signs that an emotion is being supressed."
Source: http://westsidetoastmasters.com/resources/book_of_body_language/chap7.html

View attachment 14212
Might be a reach but I think that the wiping of the mouth could be an ode to the vow of silence. Or maybe another way of wiping off emotion from his face. Again, there are two Jins in this scene and one of them is sitting down. But something weird happens. The Jin who has just walked in goes to the window and is no longer on camera while the seated Jin gets up. He also moves toward the window, only the second Jin is gone and he is alone in the room. He looks out the window and closes the curtains -shutting out the only natural source of light in the room.
View attachment 14215

If you look carefully at this scene, you'll see that Jin is standing in between the sort of orange-coloured light and a painting to his back that was also featuring an orange colour scheme on the far side of the room. I don't have a screenshot of that but you can see it at around the 3:05 min mark. His hair is also orange. Two possible meanings:

"Orange -these special protector alters are scouts who warn of danger from internal or external threats. Alternatively, guard alters are heavily programmed for obedience."
Source: http://educate-yourself.org/mc/illumformula11chap.shtml

Why would he shut the curtain?

Finally, one of the parts that bothers me the most is that in this final scene, you'd think that everything is being repeated just the same as it was the first time we see Jin leave. But it's not. This time, he seems to linger a bit and takes the book with him and both the standing and mirror lights are switched off. There is also no second Jin left in the room. Before, there was always one other Jin left in the room, as seen in shot 1 and 2. But by the time the video is over in shot 3, he's gone for real.

View attachment 14217

Thanks to @Bae Yeon Hee for the translation which fits the now empty room:
The last part of the video shows him "reunited" with the other 6, but they're more like ghosts than actually present with Jin. The background also shows the ocean, ironic since that was how Jin was theorised to die in another video, through drowning.
View attachment 14218

About the lilies, they've obviously had a history throughout BTS's mvs. I wasn't sure whether or not the flowers in the mv were lilies or the other one whose name I'm too tired to remember to spell correctly right now, lol, but I'm pretty sure they are lilies in Epiphany.
View attachment 14222

White flowes have had an interesting history throughout their concepts: from the INU mv in which JK burns the petals, as well as Suga standing in front of a painting of the white flowers as it burns, to V throwing 6 petals down while Jin lays on a bed of them.

White flowers in general represent purity and innocence, and they tend to be destroyed in several of their mvs. However, the lily specifically is linked with death and funerals. @DarkAndWild pointed out that the date shown at the very beginning of the mv is the same date as Tae's grandfather's funeral. Again, Jin and Tae are linked through their loss, but also the reference to masks in Epiphany's lyrics (like the masks used in Tae's Singularity). Finally, this is what I noticed. Compare Jin's hands holding the white flowers to Tae's bloody ones:
View attachment 14223
Take that as you will.

(Finally, sorry if I rambled on a bit, I'm so tired so it might not all make sense lol.)
AAHH FINALLY! i missed your theories so much! theyre always on point! i wish i could be as smart and observant as you, good job!

Alpha&Omega

Rookie
By closing the curtain could also means that he stop caring. He's giving up, maybe it's his way of saying he is done. And also he was put in a room with no windows could also mean he is shutting all the voices and images outside. I'll have a look with the MV later on. Hopefully I have the time, so I can input my insight.