BTS discussion thread

JINtercession

Rookie
So now apparently some 'fans' made a hashtag #TaehyungleaveBTS
I don't even know where to begin with this but it seems like a setup to me.
First of all, It's so random and out of the blue, which leads me to believe that there was another motive for this exercise because a cluster of accounts simultaneously telling someone to leave for no reason just doesn't make sense at all. (plus Tae is one of the most popular members)
1558790798245.png
Notice how one of them has "Drama Creator" written at the bottom as if it's their job title?
Two of them joined THIS MONTH and one this year in January...
Haha totally, not sus at all:D
1558791579855.png
1558791598810.png
1558791623329.png

There must be something going on here, perhaps the company wanted Taehyung to trend again by making fake hate accounts "Drama Creators" and spamming this, knowing they will have the army's emotions captive and they will trend #WeloveyouTaehyung
The same thing has happened to J-hope in the past and another member (the leader?)
Perhaps they have an algorithm and if it's time for some member to trend again, the company and affiliates will set up such campaign to boost the member's popularity. I suspect the IHeart live forum with 'fans' was in a similar way, a setup because that got fans in the hordes trending #NamjinBestDancer.
If I'm on to something then I'd say It's quite twisted but rather effective marketing.
Maybe just maybe, these young men who implore we love ourselves are guilty...of fishing for compliments:rolleyes:

Probably what BH lives by:
"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about."
-Oscar Wilde

Last edited:

mean

Established
First of all, It's so random and out of the blue, which leads me to believe that there was another motive for this exercise because a cluster of accounts simultaneously telling someone to leave for no reason just doesn't make sense at all. (plus Tae is one of the most popular members)

There must be something going on here, perhaps the company wanted Taehyung to trend again by making fake hate accounts and spamming this, knowing they will have the army's emotions captive and they will trend #WeloveyouTaehyung
The same thing has happened to J-hope in the past and another member (the leader?)
Perhaps they have an algorithm and if it's time for some member to trend again, the company and affiliates will set up such campaign to boost the member's popularity. I suspect the IHeart live forum with 'fans' was in a similar way, a setup because that got fans in the hordes trending #NamjinBestDancer.
If I'm on to something then I'd say It's quite twisted but rather effective marketing.
Maybe just maybe, these young men who implore we love ourselves are guilty...of fishing for compliments
This!!
This is very most likely, i thought the same, i checked some of those " hateful" accounts before it got deleted and i was surprised to see those acc got recently created and barely had followers

NotDelulu

Established
View attachment 22303
There must be something going on here, perhaps the company wanted Taehyung to trend again by making fake hate accounts and spamming this, knowing they will have the army's emotions captive and they will trend #WeloveyouTaehyung
Maybe just maybe, these young men who implore we love ourselves are guilty...of fishing for compliments
Ye the taehyung thing seemed weird and fake to me too. I only saw like 5 tweets from accounts that seemed fake. It caused millions of supporting tweets for tae. it was mainly about his skin color; we talked about it a few pages back . Tae us the most liked member (easily shows by amounts of likes his tweets get on the official account) so this campaign to "keep him in bts" was a bit redundant. Also on the same day it trended bh published a vlive with him and backstage of mama 2018 which was also a lot about him. So it looks like ann inside job.. but for what? Bh dont look at views on their bombs content (and stop even translating them as "hiring a full time translator is expensive " lol - but travel private jet everywhere is ok).

I do think they have a great marketing team. bts are trending every day ! For something. That's how you always keep army frantic and engaged retweeting and promoting stupid things.

Scars512

Established
Army is in an uproar over the video of B+S eating at a Korean BBQ restaurant because the owner said he preferred BB over B+S

https://news.yahoo.com/bts-army-slammed-nyc-restaurant-161200641.html

I get the whole secretly filming them while they are eating thing is bad. That is just a bad business move on his part for a number of reasons. But you can't tell me that fans wouldn't have been filming the boys themselves if they were in there at the time. Of course they would. What made Army mad was that he compared them to BB and wasn't sufficiently fawning over them. Army needs to realize that B+S can't reach super-stardom status and always have positive things said about them. There are going to be critics and haters. The guy didn't even say anything really bad about them or complain about their behavior. He said he just didn't get they hype and he thought BB was better. I think the fandom needs to take a chill pill and realize that demanding N. Korea level loyalty to B+S (even from non fans) is counter-productive. People are going to start saying that B+S only gets positive coverage because no one wants to set off the Army. They actually aren't helping B+S with this type of overreaction to every little perceived slight.

Truthteller

Veteran
Yeah, I also don’t doubt that they use bots to trend on twitter every so often with millions of tweets. Something is very fishy, because bigger events viewed by millions of people across the world don’t get as much attention while BTS, a kpop act with only 20 million followers (god knows how many are real) goes from 0 to a million in a matter of minutes, sometimes the total number tweets lessens with time which is also odd. Same could be said about youtube views. I think some of these kpop companies such as Bigshit and Yg have a special contract with these platforms so they turn a blind eye to bots. I have seen youtube actively remove videos from trending list depsite going viral (eg the James Charles Tati situation) which is very suspicious. Why would they not do the opposite and promote others? Sorry but I have a hard time believing they get 70+ views in 24 hours without any assistance. It is a known fact that celebrities buy followers and subscribers on social media using bots, it is very easy to do the same with views and hashtags.

Last edited:

Hopeful

Star
Ye the taehyung thing seemed weird and fake to me too. I only saw like 5 tweets from accounts that seemed fake. It caused millions of supporting tweets for tae. it was mainly about his skin color; we talked about it a few pages back . Tae us the most liked member (easily shows by amounts of likes his tweets get on the official account) so this campaign to "keep him in bts" was a bit redundant. Also on the same day it trended bh published a vlive with him and backstage of mama 2018 which was also a lot about him. So it looks like ann inside job.. but for what? Bh dont look at views on their bombs content (and stop even translating them as "hiring a full time translator is expensive " lol - but travel private jet everywhere is ok).

I do think they have a great marketing team. bts are trending every day ! For something. That's how you always keep army frantic and engaged retweeting and promoting stupid things.
A travel jet plus FOUR cargo airplanes to move 350plus tons of concert equipment from country to country.. That is millions and millions spent right there.. And no translator.. Why..? Very weird.
Doesn't this show whatever they do they know they will get accepted by America anyways...

NotDelulu

Established
A travel jet plus FOUR cargo airplanes to move 350plus tons of concert equipment from country to country.. That is millions and millions spent right there.. And no translator.. Why..? Very weird.
Doesn't this show whatever they do they know they will get accepted by America anyways...

That's what they said. I already saw army defending them, of course.
Excuses used: if they translate to English it will offend all the non English speakers around the world, and - when an American act post YouTube video it doesnt come with Korean subtitles so why should they provide subtitles for us.

I laughed honestly.

Now the videos are translated voluntarily by armies for armies in a matter of hours from publishing. But bh cannot afford a translator, that's too much.

cadiz

Star
its true about twitter I see BTS trending every day...
their fans are mostly teengers and active on social media....but its still strange how they have something to trend literally every day???

But about their twitter followers... for a group that is compared to the Beatles and promoted as having the biggest fanbase in the world
20 million followers seem very little

some other celebrities like Katy Perry and Bieber have 100 million followers but they never trend??? lol just weird

mean

Established
tbh i don't even believe they have 20 millions fans, i think they have only 10 millinos active fans.
I saw a lot of bts fanaccount which aren't active since 2015/2016
Did you see the likes on their videos? It's doesn't go beyond 9 million.
That how much they have fans probably

NotDelulu

Established
BH are now releasing snippets of 3-4 mins videos every day almost. Yesterday it was tae's dog and it was trending within minutes!
if nothing new is out armys will trend something anyway. They are mostly young girls that see it as a mission in life and they so spend a lot of time trending bts. How much all of it is organic and not used by bots? I dont know. but they fandomm ooz very dedicated indeed

cadiz

Star
I found this talking about "fake tactics"
Big Hit was accused of illegal marketing tactics and had to pay the accuser to stay silenced.

Look here: https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/7-worst-scandals-surrounding-bts-shocked-nation-1/

Illegal Marketing Scandal

Back in 2017, the CEO of a contracting firm, “B,” was sentenced to 1 year imprisonment for blackmailing Big Hit Entertainment. Big Hit had contracted the company for a marketing project 2 years prior, and the company had fallen on difficult times. Due to his financial struggles, CEO “B” anonymously threatened Big Hit Entertainment, claiming that he would reveal illegal marketing tactics used to promote Big Hit Entertainment’s artists.

In fear of tarnishing their artist’s reputation, a Big Hit Entertainment employee personally sent payments totaling 5.7 million KRW ($50,335 USD). CEO “B” was eventually discovered, and was charged for blackmail. Rumors started spreading, however, with netizens stating that if Big Hit Entertainment was not guilty of illegal marketing practices, they would never have paid CEO “B” in the first place.

Deadlylady

Established
its true about twitter I see BTS trending every day...
their fans are mostly teengers and active on social media....but its still strange how they have something to trend literally every day???

But about their twitter followers... for a group that is compared to the Beatles and promoted as having the biggest fanbase in the world
20 million followers seem very little

some other celebrities like Katy Perry and Bieber have 100 million followers but they never trend??? lol just weird
They are doing the same performances again and again on those tours.To stay trendy, hype and revelant they do this trending stuff on social media. Blinded fans do the rest. Their career is based on social media anyways.

Army is in an uproar over the video of B+S eating at a Korean BBQ restaurant because the owner said he preferred BB over B+S

https://news.yahoo.com/bts-army-slammed-nyc-restaurant-161200641.html

I get the whole secretly filming them while they are eating thing is bad. That is just a bad business move on his part for a number of reasons. But you can't tell me that fans wouldn't have been filming the boys themselves if they were in there at the time. Of course they would. What made Army mad was that he compared them to BB and wasn't sufficiently fawning over them. Army needs to realize that B+S can't reach super-stardom status and always have positive things said about them. There are going to be critics and haters. The guy didn't even say anything really bad about them or complain about their behavior. He said he just didn't get they hype and he thought BB was better. I think the fandom needs to take a chill pill and realize that demanding N. Korea level loyalty to B+S (even from non fans) is counter-productive. People are going to start saying that B+S only gets positive coverage because no one wants to set off the Army. They actually aren't helping B+S with this type of overreaction to every little perceived slight.
Hats off to the owner lol. His clientele is not made of blinded fans anyways.
Those fans are so stupid and mean I can't find the correct word to describe them. Trying to punish someone with their earnings is not right. I shared before when they made a real estate agent get fired.

Eva01

Rookie
Hmmm.. 1st of all. I actually come to this forum for enlighten. I read from the start until 200-300 pages and got tired in the middle. So i skip to the end of this page, which actually make me wonder. Why the thread changed so much from the illuminati theories into pure hated to every bts acted. I think i missed alot of theories.

I kinda worried is my question still relevant or not but, well. I'd still curious.

I accidentally watched a video on yt about bts being pedophiles victims and all. And the high possibilities of the member being beta kitten and mk ultra program.

So, for everyone who knows abt it.

Is it okay if i said that all of bts member spread their legs for man and woman? With the changed they didn't remember doing it since beta kitten acted triggered by the handler.

And the possibilities of brainwashed in every member. So their persona isn't their own self? But doesn't YG and NJ always acted as the mastermind of bts, are they also brainwashed by mk ultra?

I used to think that NJ and YG isn't ordinary members. I think they're ascend into highest level in that wicked society since they only knowledge genius. But well, if its really count.

Well, i feel sorry for them. Sorry for being brainwashed and sorry for being stupid.

Scars512

Established
BH are now releasing snippets of 3-4 mins videos every day almost. Yesterday it was tae's dog and it was trending within minutes!
if nothing new is out armys will trend something anyway. They are mostly young girls that see it as a mission in life and they so spend a lot of time trending bts. How much all of it is organic and not used by bots? I dont know. but they fandomm ooz very dedicated indeed
Well, the dog one I can understand. I'm a sucker for cute dogs, lol. But most of the stuff they put out is honestly boring. Even if I could understand Korean, it is still pretty boring. I've only watched a couple of them after they've been translated and they never seem to be deep thinkers in any of it -- not even NJ. Maybe they have lots to say ... but I'm pretty sure BH would make them keep it generic and bland even if they did.

I will give them credit for their strategy. Always giving credit to Army for getting them to the top makes these fans feel proud and involved in doing it, but also puts a lot of pressure on them to keep it up. Because if they don't, B+S will fail and it will be all their fault. I actually really worry that if suddenly B+S starts slipping, some of these fans might be in psychological distress.