BTS discussion thread

As an aspiring psychology student I can’t help but pick out the body language of people I find it very interesting how people act in certain situations
As most of you already know BTS won the award at the the Korean Popula culture and Arts awards and none of them seemed genuinely happy
The hints of remotely genuine smiles were seen when they actually got their medals but other than that they seemed very quiet apart from Jkay he was in awe of the award lol
Members that really seemed to stand out were Jimin
Jimin looked really upset kind of like when he went to America it looked like he was about to cry Also V kept giving fake smiles like he always does recently and RM shockingly didn’t look like himself too
Of course this award was pretty big?????

Chic

Veteran
@pinkblob
I used to like reading your posts before you left. You mean to tell me you returned only to bash the religious zealots cos you claim you're bored? You look just as crazy as the ones you're Net confronting!

Anyway, I know some people talked about their energy depleting at B+S show. Out of the few times I've seen them, I have never experienced such a feeling. The only thing it is akin to is an addictive high. Once the show is over, it leaves you wanting more. So then you go home and start listening to their music, and watching all of their content. It's an incessant cycle. My guess is that if they do use spells, it's not so much about harming their listeners but about keeping them attached, feeding into their addictive behavior. Everyone I've talked to said they hate it ended and wished they could've gone to a second show, myself included. Another girl I know managed to get a ticket at the last minute to a second night's show in the GA pit cos she wasn't satisfied and wanted more.

No lie, they put on a fantastic show. They never disappoint.

Blink

lmfaooo if you're referring to me, and i didn't read all of this just so you know.
to me the symbol is protection from the evil eye because some of you have bad energy and I want to be protected from it.

and ps. i literally changed it like 2 days ago. before that i had a yoongi one. please enlighten us all on the occult meaning of a yoongi picture too! i look forward to your copy and paste from wiki. :)

I'm gonna be real with you all.. I find it interesting to be educated on things.. things that maybe the public doesn't see, but some of you sound like your'e running around wearing tin foil hats. And if my picture makes you scared, please show me posts where I have ever told anyone what to do or told them to sacrifice their kittens or whatever. I'm encouraging you to think for yourselves and do research not live by imaginary rules, just like parents tell teir kids about monsters to keep them in line, that's how you live, grow up.
I didn't mean to upset you. Just wanted to talk about the significance of these symbols that we may unconsciously or subconsciously get involved with every day. I remember the “visualization” exercise we did in Psychology class. I abhor that exercise and believe the so-called “secret” is nothing but “delusionally positive” thinking. However, the "success formula" that visualizationists lay stress on is the law of attraction that "likeness attracts likeness and negativity attracts negativity." Once I internalized the principles of this secular philosophy, for the first time, I could “visualize” the vital role of symbols in the overall act of sensing. We must be cautious about what we see, think and relate to. Because these things will inevitably structure conditions to enliven the consequent outcome. I'm glad that you changed your picture. Take good care and stay away from the dark sources.

Last edited:

rottielover

Established
Guys have you seen Wast it on me of Steve Aoki feat BTS ?
What’s your thoughts about the song ?
sounds good so far... however im still curious to see the full lyrics of this song and M/V tho to give a proper opinion... im also surprised (or maybe not surprised nowadays) they finally agreed to do an all english song when they've been asked so many times if they had plans to so in the future when i read somewhere before they were opposed to this idea and wanted to stay true to expressing themselves as a kpop group.

Last edited:
SO... it's come to my attention that one of the members on this site has a profile picture with a certain symbol. So i looked it up.
View attachment 16347
"Disks or balls, consisting of concentric blue and white circles (usually, from inside to outside, dark blue, light blue, white, and dark blue) representing an evil eye are common apotropaic talismans in West Asia, found on the prows of Mediterranean boats and elsewhere; in some forms of the folklore, the staring eyes are supposed to bend the malicious gaze back to the sorcerer."

basically, it makes any evil intent or energy go back to the person sending it, so be careful, i guess.

here's the wiki page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_eye#Protection_from_the_eye

block and stay safe, everyone :(
I agree that this symbol is wrong and people should stop using it and wearing it. But, and again I agree that the reality of it is wrong, the individual who has this as their profile picture is HIGHLY likely to be coming from a place in the world where this is seen as a protection not only for themselves but for others. They are wrong, yes 100%, but their intention is good and their heart is in the right place, especially seeing that they are on this site in the first place and not on an actual occultic site of some sort.

(Again I must stress that I don't agree with using the symbol, but it's important to understand where people are coming from. I'm saying this over and over and over and over again because I don't want y'all to get it twisted and think that I support this person and their use of this symbol. I don't.)

You quoted "the staring eyes are supposed to bend the malicious gaze back to the sorcerer" but I think you completely misinterpreted this by then telling every to "block and stay safe" from this person. The meaning you quoted means that anyone looking at this thread with bad intentions or evil thoughts, say someone from the industry who is mad that we are talking about all of this or a naïve fan who worships the feet these boys walk on, that person will be looking at this and saying to themselves "man, these people are crazy, they need to get their head checked, someone should whack some sense into them, I wish they'd just stop, someone should teach them a lesson not to say all of this," instead of those words directly going towards us, this person with said profile picture believes that using this as their profile picture will make all of those evil negative things affect the other person who said them and not cause any harm to us.

The fact that it's an eye isn't because this user is secretly Illuminati, the people from the culture where this symbol is found use this symbol as a way to say "ha, right back at ya, you think your evil one eye is this special and powerful thing, but it's just an eye, it doesn't mean anything, look we can use it too and you know we're not part of your secret cult."

However, the people who believe that any kind of image or charm has the power to prevent evil from affecting them, rather than just praying to God for the evil to not affect them, they're misguided and that belief is wrong. These people who wear bracelets with beads that have these little eyes on them, they're not automatically witches or Luciferians or anything related to that, they have good intentions. But even though their intentions are good, they're just trying to prevent themselves from being affected by evil and trying to protect others from evil as well, even though their heart is in the right place the symbol itself along with the idea that any sort of image or charm or anything like that can protect someone from evil is simply wrong.

Plus, because they use this eye symbol at all, even though it's for the reasons I outlined above, there are sometimes people from these occultic groups who then take this from this culture and appropriate it for their own meanings and evil purposes. The symbol itself is wrong no matter what, but one of the biggest reasons why it's wrong for anyone, even those with good intentions, is because it can be taken and appropriated by these same groups these people are trying to protect themselves from. The occultic people will ascribe a different meaning to it, I'm sure they probably think that wearing all these eyes gives them some sort of power somehow, but we as believers in God should always try to stay far away from wearing anything that could resemble what those occultic groups wear.
TL;DR: while the symbol is completely 100% wrong, and this user needs to be educated as to why it is wrong, their intentions and their heart is in the right place. Rather than block this person or insult them, which will cause them to never learn from this, just talk to them and educate them as to why it is wrong so they don't use this symbol again.

Just some advice from one user to another, for those of you who continue to watch kpop videos and releases for 'research purposes' (I totally get that, I was once the same way too) please please please for the love of God don't watch with the audio on. If you truly believe that these things are evil, which I'm guessing you do since you're reading this here, then don't you also believe that it's likely that these songs have spells/incantations hidden in them that will affect you by listening to them?
If you really want to continue to follow all the new releases for 'research purposes', watch the video with absolutely zero sound on and then read the lyrics separately. You'll get the same result and understanding as you would have watching it with the music on, but without exposing yourself and making yourself vulnerable by opening yourself up to their subliminal messages.
Please, people. I'm glad that you're becoming aware of this, but don't go out of your way to expose yourself to this by still listening to their music. I'll be honest, when the next bee-tea-es release comes out, I'll probably watch the video. It might very well be the last video I ever watch of theirs since I'm working on curbing my kpop addiction (I've been a kpop fan since 2010, so before BTS even debuted). But I will watch it on silent without any volume, and will read the lyrics first separately beforehand.

I strongly advise everybody to do the same. Listening to any of this stuff with the volume on is like walking right into the trap they set. Don't do it.

Lonny

Rookie
I
Guys do you think BTS like and appreciate fans or is everything a fancade and fake I remember an insider saying that a lot of Kpop artists are fake to fans and this was a little upsetting because a quality that I find really important in someone is gratefulness and there have been a lot of scandals where Kpop artists have bee found to say controversial statements about fans do you think any members in particular are like this
I think they like fans but not 100% but maybe i should say likeD for some of them like tae. It is a fact that bts can see what is posted on twitter and yet when Tae lost his grandmother a lot of stupid kids tweeted insensitive things. And up till now I can't say for sure that armys were not involved. They also criticised his mullet. He REALLY liked his hair that way but NO complaints! from his so called fans who are supposed to support him.
J-hope seems somehow fake most of the time...too extra. RM too is fake sometimes.
But I think it's pretty normal. Most of the armys have poor mentalities, they like to play victims yes it's understandable but the real evil comes from within. There's no way i will like someone who reduces me to nothing but 'walking sex appeal'. Like wth ?!! from fanfictions to nasty posts and demands. They're grown-ups and they have to wear flower crowns act all cute for them. They have to suffer airport attacks and be okay with it. Most of the armys do not consider BTS as human beings and it's so sad, because the reason they can be used by evil people it's because these nasty fans let them. Going as far as saying they should not marry ew!
If they fake their love for armys it's perfectly understandable. Put yourself in their shoes, then tell me if it is possible to genuinely like these fans. Of course there's the good part of the fandom but that's a minority.

Last edited:

cadiz

Star
Whaaaaat ? When did this come out, man ?

Edit : Nevermind, I just listened to it on Twitter. Shit was so mainstream, I almost choked.

*Alexa, play Backstreet Boys' whole discography. I need spiritual cleansing.*

sounds so generic and boring (just like RM mixtape) they lost all the unique aspect of their music
They are desperate to be popular in the US and Its sad to watch

cadiz

Star
I swear
I'm so disappointed...I can't believe they decided to do a song in English...
yeah and RM had songs in English on his mixtape too
The new song sounds like everything you hear on US radio, its very mainstream and sounds like a Justin Bieber or Chainsmoker song.

they are not a kpop group anymore, they care too much about the US charts

Nun123

Rookie
I've lately started to do the same, I feel so great actually. I rarely even have the crave to listen to any kpop.

In fact, I have diverted towards music from the late 50' til 80'. They are really healing compared to kpop, cause they have real emotions. I think one of the reasons why we fell for kpop on the first place, is the lack of emotion on mainstream music. But on the real, kpop just fakes emotions, instead of releasing them.
I'll tell you, if you start listening to content from the last century, you'd never even think of comparing the realness of them with kpop.

Anyways, I still find it kinda fun to discuss about kpop overall. I am really curious to see how far things go. I can barely wait to see how the industry will transform itself just to become mainstream. Mark my words, by next year, yall going to listen to them everywhere you go, whether you like it or not. The direction they taking is inevitable.
Me too , I also started to listen to underground music or old music

Lonny

Rookie
yeah and RM had songs in English on his mixtape too
The new song sounds like everything you hear on US radio, its very mainstream and sounds like a Justin Bieber or Chainsmoker song.

they are not a kpop group anymore, they care too much about the US charts
JB is better tho LMAO I mean it's his 'genre' he's not trying to get more fans
I can't listen to rm's English for 3 minutes sorry not sorry

neptunejoo

Established
Just some advice from one user to another, for those of you who continue to watch kpop videos and releases for 'research purposes' (I totally get that, I was once the same way too) please please please for the love of God don't watch with the audio on. If you truly believe that these things are evil, which I'm guessing you do since you're reading this here, then don't you also believe that it's likely that these songs have spells/incantations hidden in them that will affect you by listening to them?
If you really want to continue to follow all the new releases for 'research purposes', watch the video with absolutely zero sound on and then read the lyrics separately. You'll get the same result and understanding as you would have watching it with the music on, but without exposing yourself and making yourself vulnerable by opening yourself up to their subliminal messages.
Please, people. I'm glad that you're becoming aware of this, but don't go out of your way to expose yourself to this by still listening to their music. I'll be honest, when the next bee-tea-es release comes out, I'll probably watch the video. It might very well be the last video I ever watch of theirs since I'm working on curbing my kpop addiction (I've been a kpop fan since 2010, so before BTS even debuted). But I will watch it on silent without any volume, and will read the lyrics first separately beforehand.

I strongly advise everybody to do the same. Listening to any of this stuff with the volume on is like walking right into the trap they set. Don't do it.
I came back here because RM MV are on my recommendation video. But I didn't watch it nor care. The title itself, Moonchild (I cannot remember) I think I read about this term here. So it's so blantant.

And it baffles me why people here still listen to them, even they know what's going on. And I've read some comments like this is just another BT* thread music forum.