BTS discussion thread

theartbook35

Veteran
Dislike this so much, and no matter how successful or rich we become, Black people have to give into the whims of people who can ruin them. Look at Black Wall Street, or Oprah. She was accused of prostitution in a European country. Walking into an exclusive store, she was told they didn't serve people like her, and called a prostitute. She threw down her black card, an exclusive credit card for only the most powerful people, and racists people here thought she was talking about reverse racism, not a credit card.

A successful Black man was arrested trying to enter his own mansion. Another was shot in the head sitting on the couch in his own home, because his neighbor was a cop and claimed she went in the wrong home.

During the Harlem Renaissance and rock music's heyday, Black performers still had to enter in the back of white establishments and and it was against the law to serve them. This isn't the win Armyyys think it is.
I remember what happened to Oprah. I don't like Oprah at all, heck, when she starts talking I have to put her on mute because I cannot stand her voice. But to treat her, or anyone that way when they walk into your place of business is beyond just wrong. It is vile. It is inhumane. Now, Will Smith's behavior as of late aside, Fresh Prince was one of the best family sitcoms to happen to the black community. There's nothing better than the way that show approached this exact problem. Approached it so well, along with many other issues in the black community, that the show is legendary for it.

One of my students repeatedly apologizes for everything she does, even things that are non-issues. I keep telling her, "You don't have to apologize, you didn't do anything wrong". She's three years old, fyi. I don't think people realize how early in our lives racism affects us. It begins the moment we are born. Look at what the royal family said about Harry and Meghan's children. Look at the way that royal family and the media have treated Meghan. She married ROYALTY and she STILL suffered racism. FREAKING ROYALTY. It's like there's no escape no matter how successful you are.

theartbook35

Veteran

What's happening to him? He doesn't look the same and his features look very soft.
I was eyeing these earlier. I think YG gets botox injections occasionally. I know for a fact he's had lazer hair removal on his face (along with JH) cause he can't grow a beard, lol. That's just a thing that happens with some men. But that's the extent of cosmetic "surgery" YG has had.

To me he looks older. Not in a bad way, just not like the 19 year old he was when he joined the group. In the last few years he's definitely lost that hardened look he always had, like he's let his guard down quite a bit and isn't so defensive. I think it's a combination of success from his solo work, financial success (he's the second wealthiest in the group next to JH) and also taking better care of himself physically. Also, a ton of his fans drool over him (myself included I will admit since I am a fan of him too), so people have been seeing him as visually enticing as the maknae line for a while now. I'm sure that's a confidence booster too.

I'll also say that this very simple photoshoot is miles better than the one TH recently did with the horses. TH photoshoots are always so overdone and complicated. Meanwhile all YG has to do is sit there in stately clothes like those and it's instant success. I wish I could be that effortlessly photogenic. Take a photo of me and I always look absolutely ridiculous or dorky in an unflattering way.

theartbook35

Veteran

Laura755y

Star

What's happening to him? He doesn't look the same and his features look very soft.
As far as i know, "not sure tho", but from what "some people said" He's transitioning, it started long time ago, in the dynamite era to be more precise, the whole shoulder injury lie, he had to sacrifice his man image...etc, had been part in many ritual shit, not sure tho, but the way his been acting recently kinda make it accurate.

I remember what happened to Oprah. I don't like Oprah at all, heck, when she starts talking I have to put her on mute because I cannot stand her voice. But to treat her, or anyone that way when they walk into your place of business is beyond just wrong. It is vile. It is inhumane. Now, Will Smith's behavior as of late aside, Fresh Prince was one of the best family sitcoms to happen to the black community. There's nothing better than the way that show approached this exact problem. Approached it so well, along with many other issues in the black community, that the show is legendary for it.

One of my students repeatedly apologizes for everything she does, even things that are non-issues. I keep telling her, "You don't have to apologize, you didn't do anything wrong". She's three years old, fyi. I don't think people realize how early in our lives racism affects us. It begins the moment we are born. Look at what the royal family said about Harry and Meghan's children. Look at the way that royal family and the media have treated Meghan. She married ROYALTY and she STILL suffered racism. FREAKING ROYALTY. It's like there's no escape no matter how successful you are.
She not my favorite either, but that stuck with me. The most powerful Black woman in the world couldn't escape racism, and the ignorance of white supremacy. Fresh Prince was better at examining racism and classism than the Crosby Show, which ignored it. A Better World even explored it more than the Crosby Show.

I was eyeing these earlier. I think YG gets botox injections occasionally. I know for a fact he's had lazer hair removal on his face (along with JH) cause he can't grow a beard, lol. That's just a thing that happens with some men. But that's the extent of cosmetic "surgery" YG has had.

To me he looks older. Not in a bad way, just not like the 19 year old he was when he joined the group. In the last few years he's definitely lost that hardened look he always had, like he's let his guard down quite a bit and isn't so defensive. I think it's a combination of success from his solo work, financial success (he's the second wealthiest in the group next to JH) and also taking better care of himself physically. Also, a ton of his fans drool over him (myself included I will admit since I am a fan of him too), so people have been seeing him as visually enticing as the maknae line for a while now. I'm sure that's a confidence booster too.

I'll also say that this very simple photoshoot is miles better than the one TH recently did with the horses. TH photoshoots are always so overdone and complicated. Meanwhile all YG has to do is sit there in stately clothes like those and it's instant success. I wish I could be that effortlessly photogenic. Take a photo of me and I always look absolutely ridiculous or dorky in an unflattering way.
He's definitely a cutie and a softer image suits him better than the one he had before. I saw a little of Tae's photoshoot, but didn't know the concept. His are always artsy or something like a models runway. He's not called Gucci boy for nothing.

As far as i know, "not sure tho", but from what "some people said" He's transitioning, it started long time ago, in the dynamite era to be more precise, the whole shoulder injury lie, he had to sacrifice his man image...etc, had been part in many ritual shit, not sure tho, but the way his been acting recently kinda make it accurate.
How is he acting? I don't keep up with them anymore, and haven't watched the new shows.

For me he came to a point where i cannot say he is a man by looking at him. He just looks like women with that style
he did plastic surgeries and he's looks very feminine ..if it wasn't for the wide jaw , it could be mistaken for a girl
I didn't want to call him feminine, because of his image, but he looks different. Others have noticed this, but I'm seeing it for myself and he's changed. His features are soft like a pretty girl's. Is he nonbinary? It could be angles. A lot of people thought Jm was coming out as a woman, even CD@N had a blind. What if that wasn't about Jm?

Beautiful

Star
This trending in twitter i think they did this wantedly bcz they are trying to outshine him than other members. His solo fans are going crazy. By the way r!m album is doing good but how did he convince those artist to collab with him. I think his album is doing good bcz of other artist not him. I like wild flower bcz of female voice not bcz of him

minnie82

Superstar
I didn't want to call him feminine, because of his image, but he looks different. Others have noticed this, but I'm seeing it for myself and he's changed. His features are soft like a pretty girl's. Is he nonbinary? It could be angles. A lot of people thought Jm was coming out as a woman, even CD@N had a blind. What if that wasn't about Jm?
What CD@N means?

theartbook35

Veteran
For me he came to a point where i cannot say he is a man by looking at him. He just looks like women with that style
I was getting some late early 1800s male fashion vibes from that photoshoot. I don't think they were trying to ultra accurate, but the stately look and flamboyant appearance and posture are there. YG has been wearing a lot of formal wear lately that's been in this sort of style. He goes through these fashion phases every couple of years.

Here are some examples of 1800s male fashion: http://www.historicalmenswear.com/1800s/

Last edited: