BTS discussion thread

Berrywon88

Star
They will not be coming back with any relevance just like every other pop artist/group before them: eg 1D, Tyalor Swift, Katy Perry, Backsteet Boys. The industry is officially done with them :p They’ve hit the ”age limit” even the youngest is no longer young enough. Expect fresh faced teens as the next big gig.
This! If you lived long enough you know this because you have seen artists come and go.
Anybody out there remember this guy??
7346ae75b895f1ea356c7337c0c3a5e1.640x633x1.jpg
Well he had a number 1 billboard R&B single for weeks back in 2000. Everybody knew about Carl Thomas back then. His mv was played on tv around the clock. How many are talking about this dude now? Exactly.

There are also phases the music industry goes through like the Latin artists one of the late 90s and 2000s. Remember the days Enrique Iglesias, JLo, Shakira, Ricky Martin etc dominated the charts and were all over MTV. Or the successful 90s/early 2000s girl groups Blaque, TLC, Destiny's Child, 702 etc. The singers Mya, Ashanti, Tweet, Sisqo, Amerie, Ginuwine, Nelly Furtado etc. 2000s rappers Chingy, Nelly, Ja Rule, DMX, Missy, Da brat, lil kim etc.
All of these artists were huge and with platinum selling singles/albums but by the 2010s most of them had fallen off and a new generation of artists like Lady Gags and Nicki Minaj took over. I watched it happen in real time so I know there is a short shelf life for most music artists. Very few have a sustainable career or are even remembered 5-10 yrs down the line. And if they're foreign, forget about it...even less so. I know these youngins don't understand, but it's a harsh reality of any entertainment industry. Bteeass is already yesterday's news..I can see the signs plain as day. They'd be lucky to fill a club of 1000 people in a few yrs. In SK and certain parts of Asia they might remain relevant a decade later. "Might" being the operative word.

Last edited:

PrincessPunch

Veteran
very few have a sustainable career or are even remembered 5-10 yrs down the line. And if they're foreign, forget about it...even less so.
exactly i was just actually thinking the same thing. the only people will probably won't forget them will be their cult fandom who are so determined on claiming that they'll stick by their side till they die

Last edited:

cadiz

Star
yeah i think t×t and enhyp3n will take over but idk if they'll be as succesful. but bang pedo doesnt want to get kicked out of big 4 and t×t have gotten even darker with their concepts lately. he'll probably work them to the bone now and most of the group already looks emaciated and wasting away. i said in the kpop thread that i wonder if there will be a sacrifice or if they'll sacrifice a loved one like t@e did to his grandmother cause then we'll know what's up
hybe stocks are already a completre mess even with BT5 still active

the company will have a hard time with them been inactive, probably gonna focus on JK that is the only one that can give them money (maybe Vee) i don't think JM wants to keep going but who knows

i don't think the other members are popular enough to give money to the company tbh...

in this boybands the "popular" member is always the one who makes money:

Justin Timbelrake, and Harry Styles were the most popular members and after the boyband ended they are the most popular solos....so the logic says JK is the biggest hope Hybe has

PrincessPunch

Veteran
hybe stocks are already a completre mess even with BT5 still active

the company will have a hard time with them been inactive, probably gonna focus on JK that is the only one that can give them money (maybe Vee) i don't think JM wants to keep going but who knows

i don't think the other members are popular enough to give money to the company tbh...

in this boybands the "popular" member is always the one who makes money:

Justin Timbelrake, and Harry Styles were the most popular members and after the boyband ended they are the most popular solos....so the logic says JK is the biggest hope Hybe has
tbh i think j1min might stay in the company, cause i honestly have no idea what he'll do if he doesn't. that's why i think he's having a hard time rn knowing that they're finished and will be replaced. it reminds me of his 180403 log where he said he didnt know what he wanted to do and questioned his motivation for the career path he chose. but i have a weird feeling vee's gonna leave

cadiz

Star
But they aren’t coming back, are they? If they do make a comback it is all about nostalgia for the fans. Twitter stans does not equate relevance. As for the others i have to disagree that they are relevant. They are not hot topics anymore… you never hear about them anymore unless there is a scandal or news of marriage or a baby. Sure they have the old fans and can have concerts but they are not releasing new hits or topping the charts/ headlines.
yeah all those boybands can do a reunion tour and get some money for nostalgia

but t BT5 peak alreeady passed
I talked about their latest cb, the music video had very little views compared to their past releases
you start to see the decline (that happens to all boy groups)

they lasted 9 years wich is a long time, but it's clear some members are over it
they tried so hard to sell the "we are family " image that now I'm sure a lot of armees are surprised because they think BT5 love eachother so much and want to be together all the time.

btach

Veteran
yeah all those boybands can do a reunion tour and get some money for nostalgia

but t BT5 peak alreeady passed
I talked about their latest cb, the music video had very little views compared to their past releases
you start to see the decline (that happens to all boy groups)

they lasted 9 years wich is a long time, but it's clear some members are over it
they tried so hard to sell the "we are family " image that now I'm sure a lot of armees are surprised because they think BT5 love eachother so much and want to be together all the time.
There will be a copy cat effect. Other groups who are tired of each other will start doing their own thing, KPOP as we know it, is done.

cadiz

Star
tbh i think j1min might stay in the company, cause i honestly have no idea what he'll do if he doesn't. that's why i think he's having a hard time rn knowing that they're finished and will be replaced. it reminds me of his 180403 log where he said he didnt know what he wanted to do and questioned his motivation for the career path he chose. but i have a weird feeling vee's gonna leave
yeah we talked about JM looking sad these past few months

but maybe he was sad not because he wanted to leave, but because he knew the group was going on hiatus and now he doesn't know what to do

i believe he is a good performer but his vocals :(....and he always used ships to become more popular
now as a solo he doesn't have that

Avenoir

Rookie
With bts gone the hallyu wave will subside as well. It will be time to move on to something more fresh and exciting for most people. Their fans will cling on that nostalgia but it's never gonna be the same again. I don't think any other group will be able to replicate this kind of success after them. So it's pretty much over for kpop. It will be interesting if any other kpop group is nominated in the grammys after this.

cadiz

Star
Do you think a member is going to be leaving the group soon? Like z@yn with 1D? And how do you think this hiatus came about? Do you think a member brought it up with b@no p?
i think at least one of two of them will leave

For some reason i don't think J-in weill continue
he never had much talent and he never seemed to enjoy the attention so much as the others

Vee another one that could leave, especially if he has some chances of doing acting and make money somewhere else

I think the rap line will stay with Hybe, JK too
JM is a big mistery