BTS discussion thread

loginine

Veteran
Since they are on “hiatus”. Do you think Txt gonna take over as the global group or some other group? I think BTS quit. It’s weird that it happened after the wh1te h0use thing and them not getting the Grammy. BTS also may go to the army.

Last edited:

Truthteller

Veteran
I knew the hiatus would happen. The music kinda spoke about this happening. I wonder if the elites are done with them or if they didn’t want to do certain things.
They will not be coming back with any relevance just like every other pop artist/group before them: eg 1D, Tyalor Swift, Katy Perry, Backsteet Boys. The industry is officially done with them :p They’ve hit the ”age limit” even the youngest is no longer young enough. Expect fresh faced teens as the next big gig.

Last edited:

Mochiqueen099

Established
They will not be coming back with any relevance just like every other pop artist/group before them: eg 1D, Tyalor Swift, Katy Perry, Backsteet Boys. The industry is officially done with then :p They’ve hit the ”age limit” even the youngest is no longer young enough.
Id have to disagree. If 1D made a comeback with zayn tomorrow, tickets would sell out instantly. They still have rabid Stan’s on twitter. Also some fans including me have never seen 1D live as I was young then…all the examples you named are pretty relevant people lol.

Truthteller

Veteran
Id have to disagree. If 1D made a comeback with zayn tomorrow, tickets would sell out instantly. They still have rabid Stan’s on twitter. Also some fans including me have never seen 1D live as I was young then…all the examples you named are pretty relevant people lol.
But they aren’t coming back, are they? If they do make a comback it is all about nostalgia for the fans. Twitter stans does not equate relevance. As for the others i have to disagree that they are relevant. They are not hot topics anymore… you never hear about them anymore unless there is a scandal or news of marriage or a baby. Sure they have the old fans and can have concerts but they are not releasing new hits or topping the charts/ headlines.

Berrywon88

Star
I do believe they announced a hiatus?!!!:D
Lol they've already been on one prolonged semi-hiatus since 2020. No full albums, weak quickly made singles, no promotions with radio stations or music shows, only a handful of live concerts. This so called new cb was just a rehash of their older works. It's like they've just been in waiting for the time they will have to enlist and have built their schedule around that for years now. Their last full idol schedule was in 2019, and no I don't think it's because of the pandemic. Although that gave them a reason to give armies as to why they have cut their activities by like 85% of what it once was.

Leavemealone5

Groups come and go every couple years each of them making some sort of an impact during their time. That’s the whole point and fun about music. They’ve had their time. And as with all groups people branch out and do other things whether they succeed is up in the air. If they come back 10yrs from now I’m pretty sure they will still sell out concerts. Whether any of you like it or not they have made an impact and will be remembered.

Berrywon88

Star
Since they are on “hiatus”. Do you think Txt gonna take over as the global group or some other group? I think BTS quit. It’s weird that it happened after the wh1te h0use thing and them not getting the Grammy. BTS also may go to the army.
I think greedy hype will definitely try to make their other groups globally successful, BUT I think it will fail. Here's why..Between blkpnk and bteeass being shoved down western countries throat for yrs, many have grown tired of Kpop. And for a group to be truly globally successful they need to make the charts and gain popularity in the biggest music industry countries. The U.S., U.K., and Japan. Especially the U.S. though. And kpop is seen as a passing fad in the states. You won't get an actual honest response from the American general public about what they think about Kpop with a camera on because they don't want to appear racist or xenophobic...but every local that I have heard talk about these groups mention how weird, fake, and abusive the whole thing is. Oh also how deranged the fandoms are especially armies. Kpop industry has a bad rep here and for good reason. So no I don't think t*t or any other group will ever be as big as b*s have been. It ends with b*s.

Truthteller

Veteran
I think greedy hype will definitely try to make their other groups globally successful, BUT I think it will fail. Here's why..Between blkpnk and bteeass being shoved down western countries throat for yrs, many have grown tired of Kpop. And for a group to be truly globally successful they need to make the charts and gain popularity in the biggest music industry countries. The U.S., U.K., and Japan. Especially the U.S. though. And kpop is seen as a passing fad in the states. You won't get an actual honest response from the American general public about what they think about Kpop with a camera on because they don't want to appear racist or xenophobic...but every local that I have heard talk about these groups mention how weird, fake, and abusive the whole thing is. Oh also how deranged the fandoms are especially armies. Kpop industry has a bad rep here and for good reason. So no I don't think t*t or any other group will ever be as big as b*s have been. It ends with b*s.
It will continue to be a niche, who knows may even make a comeback in a few years. But generally speaking most KPOP songs age really really bad. It is an overly superficial industry obsessed with the visuals of barely of age teens and hype rather than quality. Old groups will not make comebacks except for the nostalgia effect for fans, if even that.

Berrywon88

Star
If they come back 10yrs from now I’m pretty sure they will still sell out concerts.
Yeah in SE Asia, sure. Maybe small venues elsewhere.
Whether any of you like it or not they have made an impact and will be remembered.
Not necessarily haha. Again, depends on where in the world you're talking about. A lot of their popularity has been inflated by armies and their company, especially in the west. They have not left a legacy here lol. I've watched my favorite bands from the 90s-2000s become an afterthought, people truly forget and move on. Short attention spans and all that..

arhur12

Star
They basically burned out same thing seems to have happened to Big Bang the last time they released decent music was 2019. Since then they have been on a semi-hiatus like another member said and it's not due to covid. IU is self produced idol she didn't stop releasing music during the pandemic neither did any other artist. The truth is the fame got into their head and they lost any real love for music and performing that they used to have. They have been living as robots since 9 years doing everything the company tells them to do without thinking for themselves living like that all their life now they are unable to figure out what to do with their lives outside of being in a kpop band jn and yg will be enlisting by the end of the year T@e might branch out to acting or fashion, Jh, Rm will continue releasing mix tapes jkay will be pushed for solo and jm I don't have any idea what he will do he doesn't seem to have any direction in life well to be honest none of them do but this seems like the beginning of the end for bangtan

Laura755y

Star
Yeah in SE Asia, sure. Maybe small venues elsewhere.

Not necessarily haha. Again, depends on where in the world you're talking about. A lot of their popularity has been inflated by armies and their company, especially in the west. They have not left a legacy here lol. I've watched my favorite bands from the 90s-2000s become an afterthought, people truly forget and move on. Short attention spans and all that..
Fact! In my country their fans are mostly kids/teens, and they're not that much too, the fans that are 20+ are like gay in the closet, since not only bts but sk's idols and/or celebrities that are like that in general are seen as gay, and alot of people here are totally against it.

PrincessPunch

Veteran
yeah i think t×t and enhyp3n will take over but idk if they'll be as succesful. but bang pedo doesnt want to get kicked out of big 4 and t×t have gotten even darker with their concepts lately. he'll probably work them to the bone now and most of the group already looks emaciated and wasting away. i said in the kpop thread that i wonder if there will be a sacrifice or if they'll sacrifice a loved one like t@e did to his grandmother cause then we'll know what's up

Last edited:

arhur12

Star
yeah i think t×t and enhyp3n will take over. bang pedo doesnt want to get kicked out of big 4 and t×t have gotten even darker with their concepts lately. he'll probably work them to the bone now and most of the group already looks emaciated and wasting away. i said in the kpop thread that i wonder if there will be a sacrifice or if they'll sacrifice a loved one like t@e did to his grandmother cause then we'll know what's up
I think it will be quite hard for them to recreate bt5's success t x t is good but they are not well known outside of kpop fandoms same with enpipen

PrincessPunch

Veteran

loginine

Veteran
yeah i think t×t and enhyp3n will take over but idk if they'll be as succesful. but bang pedo doesnt want to get kicked out of big 4 and t×t have gotten even darker with their concepts lately. he'll probably work them to the bone now and most of the group already looks emaciated and wasting away. i said in the kpop thread that i wonder if there will be a sacrifice or if they'll sacrifice a loved one like t@e did to his grandmother cause then we'll know what's up
Yeah. That’s true. They are due for a sacrifice if they want to get put on in the global scale.