BTS discussion thread

arhur12

Star
I don't understand the double standard with bts and other male idols. Knetz have been so annoying lately they are scrutinizing currently enlisted idols for even breathing. This happened recently to B@ekhyun he prepared some videos before enlistment for his fans he was releasing 1 video per month on his yt channel but sm recently released a statement saying he won't release anymore videos until he is discharged and all his videos became private some say its bcz he is serving in civil service and not active duty but he went there bcz he had health issues which means he was not qualified for it however what's worse is that even male idols serving in active duty have been criticized in recent months for doing something as normal as posting on instagram like wth do these knetz want??? They are so quick to protect bts who have been actually running away from enlistment but these other poor idols who have sacrificed their careers to serve their country with dignity are being so heavily criticized for the most minor things which every person has a right to do I just hate Korean military laws

Beholden to Paramatma

Established
Guys, though I despise this notorious group , I genuinely want them to trot to India. Their most rabid fans ,most of whom are in the South East of Asia, are going to fly here especially since India is much more affordable than Western & some other EA countries

eyes@wide@open

Established
This is a very good question...let me try to offer some random answers: Lol...

Hmmm...

1.... because he speaks English?
2.... because he's the tallest?
3.... because he knows how to hide?
4.... because bangpids like him...sometimes?
5.... because he's easily scared?
6.... because he can rap & copy songs?
7.... because he can't dance? (Leaders don't usually dance...)
8.... ( pls feel free to add more...)
9....because he is really good at pretending to read books
10...because he has a high IQ (allegedly!!!)
11...because he can't sing or dance so they had to give him something to do
12...because he can bore you zzz talking arty stuff - killer biz strategy ;)

Aamy

Star
It's really torture... I won't be surprised if the military intelligence adopts this as a method for interrogating crime suspects...lol

H*be is utilizing the system of repetition to inculcate a message...it's also a form of "mind control..."
Yeah repetition is everything for them, and even if I laughed, it could be used to a torture technique, I am sure it will be more useful than doing hardcore stuff on the body. Having the same songs playing in your ears during several days and nights, without any breaks. Omg.

I remember trying to listen the same song ( and I loved it during my teenage years) during several hours without stopping and to change my playist. It was on a plane and I had twelve hours in front of me. It was hell about the three first hours, and then I submit to change the song in question, to another because it was so hard. You are in a trance state, with your brain who shut down. It's really strange and painful in the same time. And I tested it with a song I really loved and that I could listen several times in the same day. I hold it only 4 hours. 4 hours against 12. I couldn't finished my own challenge.

So imagine now, to be forced to listen butter, sit on a chair, every day, without any sleep during several days ? Omg ! Worst horror story ever

Asahi

Established
9....because he is really good at pretending to read books
10...because he has a high IQ (allegedly!!!)
11...because he can't sing or dance so they had to give him something to do
12...because he can bore you zzz talking arty stuff - killer biz strategy ;)
This answer made my day ♡♡♡
He is really good at pretending to read books xD

Aamy

Star
Oh yeah...he's in the occult...witchcraft becomes him, sometimes... lol.

On being scared...I've seen videos of him where bangpids and the members played pranks on him and he was so scared to the point of crying...
For his defense ( I can be objective too) the pranks in the kpop industry gone too far ! It's really messed up sometimes, so no wonder he was often on the verge of crying. They love doing the kidnapping prank, and I find that so fucked up

For me it's just a way to show what can happen behind the scenes and without cameras around, they are cruel between them and make believe to people, that it's just some jokes

Berrywon88

Star
My personal opinion is that JK is probably the least like the personality he portrays. We will never really get to see who he is. He is thou an opportunist and plays a bloody good game. He is also the one that is the most attuned /socially aware of what image he needs to project to be a global solo artists. This also makes him the most fake :(
Sadly, Jk was forced to start learning the "art of deception" at a very young age...and he has become adept at it..

He is a product of his own environment...
He's a master of the charming, handsome, nice and humble youngest member though. He's probably a narcissistic ass irl but he's got the game down.
I agree with all you guys said. And I'd like to add another opinion that I've had for awhile. It's about rm and it relates to jk in a way. Rm might be hated as much as he is and arguably the least popular member because we know too much about him lol. He's horrible at being an idol, why? Because he talks too damn much. We know about his favorite books, how he likes to spend his freetime, and his biased opinions. His face can be read easily as well. Who's to say the other members aren't even bigger a**holes than him? It's just they know how to deceive better than rm can. I should add t*e as well, because he can easily be read too.

Then there is jk who got annoyed and uncomfortable when rm asked him about what he planned to do after the live. This was for a split second that these emotions could be read on his face. He said wash up and then you could tell he was thinking and hesitated before saying he was going to be heading to SK soon. He's slick! He revealed nothing, changed the subject, and put the focus off of his personal time. Like e-Enoch said, jk was trained very well from when he was a kid. When I was fan of b*s I once said on twttr that jk made a perfect idol, and a bunch of armpits agreed. But I didn't mean it as a compliment. I meant that he is highly manipulative, acts very well, and is a jack of all trades but a master of none. Because of all of this he's not interesting or personable. He rather as well be a smiling robot.

Aamy

Star
You are lucky ,i heard butter everywhere...
TV,commercials,supermarkets,this is a nightmare,sometimes they put dynamite
I swear I am not lucky xD because if you eat butter. I eat dynamite, idols, at all the sauces. It could depends the period too. Home was very appreciated too. My uber driver put home one night when I should go home because it was too late for take others transports. The guy was in his 50's

e-Enoch

Superstar
I agree with all you guys said. And I'd like to add another opinion that I've had for awhile. It's about rm and it relates to jk in a way. Rm might be hated as much as he is and arguably the least popular member because we know too much about him lol. He's horrible at being an idol, why? Because he talks too damn much. We know about his favorite books, how he likes to spend his freetime, and his biased opinions. His face can be read easily as well. Who's to say the other members aren't even bigger a**holes than him? It's just they know how to deceive better than rm can. I should add t*e as well, because he can easily be read too.

Then there is jk who got annoyed and uncomfortable when rm asked him about what he planned to do after the live. This was for a split second that these emotions could be read on his face. He said wash up and then you could tell he was thinking and hesitated before saying he was going to be heading to SK soon. He's slick! He revealed nothing, changed the subject, and put the focus off of his personal time. Like e-Enoch said, jk was trained very well from when he was a kid. When I was fan of b*s I once said on twttr that jk made a perfect idol, and a bunch of armpits agreed. But I didn't mean it as a compliment. I meant that he is highly manipulative, acts very well, and is a jack of all trades but a master of none. Because of all of this he's not interesting or personable. He rather as well be a smiling robot.
True...very well said. :)

Aamy

Star

nmatejakova

Established
I find something to counterattack He isn't the oldest xD ( I am kidding of course even if its real that he isnt even the oldest members)
You have forgotten the most important ! He practiced witchcraft on his boss to have his place. It's like another of big misteries like JK who is the most shipping with others idols. If it's not sorcellery I don't know what it is

Easily scared? You should explain this to me dear, because I don't understand the fact that he could be easily scared to be a leader in a group? Did you want to imply that it's better to have him in a state of fear?
Hi guys, i haven't been here for a very long time (and now when I'm looking at my old posts I'm so ashamed of my grammar lol). And I'm so ready to jump into some juicy conversations XD
So I never really thought about it but now when I saw this I 100% agree. Rm really seems like someone who is easily scared but just by certain people. Just like idk Niragi from the series Alice in borderlands, or Geoffrey from game of thrones. You know this type of person who is/can be tyran but deep inside he's actually a coward, his behavior (tyran or coward) depends on the type of person he is dealing with and if the person is lower or higher in hierarchy. And because of that he is the perfect leader, his tyran behavior keeps other members in check and his cowardice is perfect for higher ups to control him and others.

e-Enoch

Superstar
For his defense ( I can be objective too) the pranks in the kpop industry gone too far ! It's really messed up sometimes, so no wonder he was often on the verge of crying. They love doing the kidnapping prank, and I find that so fucked up

For me it's just a way to show what can happen behind the scenes and without cameras around, they are cruel between them and make believe to people, that it's just some jokes
You are right... however, all the members are subjected to similar pranks...and by far, he is the one who almost always gives in...

Anyways, that's what I've observed so far...I may be wrong...it's also possible that he is "hiding his strength...by appearing weak..." lol.

Aamy

Star
Hi guys, i haven't been here for a very long time (and now when I'm looking at my old posts I'm so ashamed of my grammar lol). And I'm so ready to jump into some juicy conversations XD
So I never really thought about it but now when I saw this I 100% agree. Rm really seems like someone who is easily scared but just by certain people. Just like idk Niragi from the series Alice in borderlands, or Geoffrey from game of thrones. You know this type of person who is/can be tyran but deep inside he's actually a coward, his behavior (tyran or coward) depends on the type of person he is dealing with and if the person is lower or higher in hierarchy. And because of that he is the perfect leader, his tyran behavior keeps other members in check and his cowardice is perfect for higher ups to control him and others.
Don't be ashamed to your gramar errors, only people who speak english currently don't do mistakes like ours, so it's not a problem if we can understand you, and that's the case for me so no worries.
What you just wrote was so perfect, that I didn't need to say something more. Very good analysis, really. You just answered about my question. I was wondering why people need a leader ready to be scared at any moments, and what you said make perfect sense.

I always thought that his "arrogant" behavior could from by the hate he receives, when he was still at his debut career, because of his tan skin. He wasn't recognize like a real rapper too. So I imagine now, that he is taking his revenge. Sounds very clichee, but it can explain a lot of thing.

Asahi

Established

Very well said !!

e-Enoch

Superstar
Hey, welcome back! :)