Bromance Could Be More Harmful To Straight Women Than Homosexuality

makeorbreak

Established
An article I read today said that bromances are becoming more open with the spreading acceptance of homosexual male couples in public. Because men are less worried about being labelled gay when they are out with their best buddy, they are sharing more openly emotionally with them; these scenes of public displays of affection can be easily construed as a couple thing, not just two buds who are close. That is not to say this is necessarily something which has to be stopped but straight women have every right to be concerned.

If a man feels comfortable sharing emotionally with his best friend, they become even closer and that may be all he needs to be emotionally content. He does not need a girlfriend for his emotional needs but he will still want a girlfriend for the physical side of a relationship. Both he and his buddy can have girlfriends on a rotating basis to meet their male sexual needs but neither will feel the need to open up to their girlfriends at the time about their emotional concerns.No relationship, straight or gay, can survive without an emotional connection and this creates a situation where straight women can only look forward to physical relationships with their boyfriends without the emotional connection which might lead to marriage.

In effect, women don't only have to worry about losing the guy they want to another man because of his homosexuality but also to watch as that man is taken off the market even if he doesn't want to bed the other man. All that's left to them is to be relegated to the position of mistress and never wife.

Lurker

Star
An article I read today said that bromances are becoming more open with the spreading acceptance of homosexual male couples in public. Because men are less worried about being labelled gay when they are out with their best buddy, they are sharing more openly emotionally with them; these scenes of public displays of affection can be easily construed as a couple thing, not just two buds who are close. That is not to say this is necessarily something which has to be stopped but straight women have every right to be concerned.

If a man feels comfortable sharing emotionally with his best friend, they become even closer and that may be all he needs to be emotionally content. He does not need a girlfriend for his emotional needs but he will still want a girlfriend for the physical side of a relationship. Both he and his buddy can have girlfriends on a rotating basis to meet their male sexual needs but neither will feel the need to open up to their girlfriends at the time about their emotional concerns.No relationship, straight or gay, can survive without an emotional connection and this creates a situation where straight women can only look forward to physical relationships with their boyfriends without the emotional connection which might lead to marriage.

In effect, women don't only have to worry about losing the guy they want to another man because of his homosexuality but also to watch as that man is taken off the market even if he doesn't want to bed the other man. All that's left to them is to be relegated to the position of mistress and never wife.
I'd say that the article you read was really stretching it. People can't be emotionally content with someone they're not intimate with.

mecca

Superstar
If a man feels comfortable sharing emotionally with his best friend, they become even closer and that may be all he needs to be emotionally content. He does not need a girlfriend for his emotional needs but he will still want a girlfriend for the physical side of a relationship.
People are smarter than this, anyone is capable of having close friends and close relationships. You don't need to become shut off from your friends to preserve your feelings for your significant other, you can't run out of emotions. Men are certainly capable of having close friends and loving their girlfriends fully.

makeorbreak

Established
Just telling about the study. Everyone is different and require varying degrees of physical contact.

Aero

Superstar
Lol I believe this type of stuff. I've talked about it before how we take "male bonding" to another level in America. But I think the real problem is gratification. Like they are satisfying each other on some level. And I would say it's more sexual than emotional.

Vixy

Star
I'd say bot yes and no. Many men have decided to not have a relationship and put his friends first and when they get girlfriends and move on to the next phase of life, he stands left alone cause he still doesnt want a girlfriend, only sex. This is the guy who is attractive as a young 20 year old because he's determined and inaccessible but when he's in his 30's he's seen as an outcast and that theres something wrong with him, which usually is the case.

Venus

Rookie
That article doesn't have the facts right.

Men has always bonded with other men emotionally, same as women. Probably in the past you wouldn't see men men been physically affectionate, but that's actually pretty common in Latin cultures. Italian and Spanish men hug each other without any problems. Hispanic men do the same. Men are kissed by other men within their own extended families. Men get together to share their sorrows, to drink and joke about them and that creates emotional intimacy.

This notion that you can only be emotional intimate with your partner and your partner should be you only emotional support is a very dangerous one IMHO. There are things that are better understood with someone of your own gender, that sharing makes you more grounded.

Men will fall in love with a woman and will want to stay with her and create a meaningful relationship regardless of his bromance/s. Same, he will want some women only for sex. As has always been and always will be.

Venus

Rookie
Bros before hoes, right?
Has it not always been so? ;)

I don't know your ethnicity, but you have mentioned in the past how close knit your your family is so it would surprised me if there are some physical affection between the males, and even maybe between some close friends. If it exist, has any of that taken away form the love you feel for your wife?

Kung Fu

Superstar
Has it not always been so? ;)
Definitely not. The story of Troy and Mark Antony in Rome come to mind.

I don't know your ethnicity, but you have mentioned in the past how close knit your your family is so it would surprised me if there are some physical affection between the males, and even maybe between some close friends. If it exist, has any of that taken away form the love you feel for your wife?
I'm mixed between two groups of some of the best looking people on Earth. I'm not too close with my father but I love my mother, siblings, and wife dearly. After the Most High the mother is the next closest thing to a son followed closely by his wife.

SkepticCat

Veteran
This is nonsense. You're making a love relationship out to be some kind of transaction with this. If a woman becomes disinterested in her man just because he talks to a friend then I don't think that relationship ever had the glue it required to begin with.

Basically, I'm echoing what Venus said, above.

A much better point to ask is why males are sharing their emotions with other men rather than with their spouse... but men and women are not the same, and there are simply things it makes better sense to talk to people one share sex/gender identity with. By this article's logic, women should also be talking to their spouse about shoe shopping and I sincerely doubt most men want to hear it... but talking to her female friends about it instead is then a show of disaffection? Ugh. No, shoe shopping and emotions are not the same but this article's point remains ridiculous all the same - you get what I mean, I think.

Here's a much better idea: We kick out this shadow government quite possibly actively intent on, you know, murdering billions of people and stop complaining so much about trivial, 'politically correct' things that absolutely don't matter... When you have children and your skies look like this:

... and you have government officials saying completely crazy, ridiculous things openly mocking the public like this:

... are these kinds of things really that relevant? Maybe, if we figure out what in the world is going on it will have a positive impact on relationships all round, as well.

Sorry for the derail, I guess most people are just not on board with the view of the situation I have - I believe it's pretty gosh dire, indeed.

rainerann

Star
I agree with @SkepticCat

The first thing I thought of when I read this article is my close relationships with other women. As a mother, there are things I talk with other women about because a man will never understand what I'm talking about. This does create an emotional relationship. A friend is an emotional relationship because you care about another persons emotions.

Therefore, I don't see how "bromances" are harmful to relationships with women at all. It doesn't even make sense. If anything, it would seem that men having more sincere relationships would be beneficial to having a relationship with a woman.

Especially when you get older. When you get older, you end up with a spouse and other friends of the same sex usually. It is usually not advisable to have a super close friend you spend a lot of time with that is the opposite sex especially early in a marriage. When your younger its different, but when your older, things change especially when you get married and have kids. If a guy doesnt have guys friends, he might not have many people to talk to besides his wife at some point in his life.

So I think this is a really silly conclusion.