Breakdown of the bicameral mind - reason why people do not hear Gods anymore?

Helioform

Star
Anyone familiar with this theory? It basically says that a few millenia ago, humans had a bicameral mind, meaning that their brain hemispheres were not fully connected. One hemisphere, the right one, was sending "hallucinations" to the left hemisphere which would be followed as an order without any kind of self conscious thought. This would explain why certain religious books were written and why this phenomena is present only in schizophrenics these days.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicameralism_(psychology)

I think the author might have been on to something but not totally. I think this bicameral mind might have been a kind of medium between the Gods and human thought processes. It could have been a way for them to communicate with humans more directly when we were not conscious enough to make decisions on our own. But there is a link between the right brain and what we call hallucinations, as it has been shown in experiments. Today we could view it more like the creative/intuitive part of the brain.

Well that is very interesting all I’ll think I’ll read the consciousness book as it was influential to my favorite writer.

This is what we know happens when someone has the corpus callosum severed that connects the two hemispheres

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split-brain

I think it’s plausible that a less developed connective system could make certain “thoughts” seem as an external force.

The issue with your theory though is what caused the change? Why would the connections between the hemispheres and therefore hemispheric co-operation which is so vital to our intelligence improve over time?

Helioform

Star
The issue with your theory though is what caused the change? Why would the connections between the hemisphere and therefore hemispheric co-operation which is so vital to our intelligence improve over time?
Jaynes' hypothesis is that external stress such as mass migrations and wars might have forced us to "evolve" in a way. Maybe it was just a matter of putting pressure on our nervous system so that we would become more conscious and self-reliant.

Jaynes' hypothesis is that external stress such as mass migrations and wars might have forced us to "evolve" in a way. Maybe it was just a matter of putting pressure on our nervous system so that we would become more conscious and self-reliant.

Carl Sagan said that the future of human intelligence is in the corpus callosum and the ability for the hemispheres to communicate so it really is possible that a less developed connection could cause a significant difference in consciousness. I don’t think that’s even a question.

It’s not hard for me at all to believe that it evolved.

I’m not sold on external entities that we would conceive of as Gods or of them communicating with us in a less developed state of consciousness but I can’t discount it either. My question is, is the inability to communicate directly now as a result of changing communication of brain hemispheres, something in or out of the control of the Gods?

Of course there is always the possibility of extra terrestrials, who may of understood how to exploit the bicameral mind in some way...

Interesting from all angles though

Helioform

Star
Carl Sagan said that the future of human intelligence is in the corpus callosum and the ability for the hemispheres to communicate so it really is possible that a less developed connection could cause a significant difference in consciousness. I don’t think that’s even a question.

It’s not hard for me at all to believe that it evolved.

I’m not sold on external entities that we would conceive of as Gods or of them communicating with us in a less developed state of consciousness but I can’t discount it either. My question is, is the inability to communicate directly now as a result of changing communication of brain hemispheres, something in our out of the control of the Gods?

Of course there is always the possibility of extra terrestrials, who may of understood how to exploit the bicameral mind in some way...

Interesting from all angles though
I always consider the possibility of ETs in this. Because these thoughts emerging in the right hemisphere must come from somewhere. And I think that we are still under that control in some way, it had just become a different kind of influence.

Or maybe it is just our collective unconscious also, as Jung would have it.

Last edited:
I always consider the possibility of ETs in this. Because these thoughts emerging in the right hemisphere must come from somewhere. Maybe it is just our collective unconscious also, as Jung would have it.
I’m going to have to get that Jung book that @Aero recommend. I think that’s the most likely case. Likely doesn’t mean to shut off the other possibilities though. ETs is about as far as I go “supernaturally” and that’s just because I’ve witnessed strange aerial phenomenon on a few ocassions ( although that’s my second theory on what it was ) and my scientific understanding does allow it for it. ETs and thoughtforms as I think that’s possible too.

Well I think the future is going to hold a lot of interesting discoveries if we don’t destroy ourselves lol anyway cool thread man

Helioform

Star
I’m going to have to get that Jung book that @Aero recommend. I think that’s the most likely case. Likely doesn’t mean to shut off the other possibilities though. ETs is about as far as I go “supernaturally” and that’s just because I’ve witnessed strange aerial phenomenon on a few ocassions ( although that’s my second theory on what it was ) and my scientific understanding does allow it for it. ETs and thoughtforms as I think that’s possible too.

Well I think the future is going to hold a lot of interesting discoveries if we don’t destroy ourselves lol anyway cool thread man
I like Jungs theories, especially the part about the world around being a mirror of ourselves. I found that to be true often.

I have also witnessed UFOs in the past, and also received repeated strange phone calls with weird mechanical sounds at the other end, and other experiences which Id rather not talk about here.

And I think we will be alright probably, but not sure in 100 years if we do not get off this rock and colonize Mars, because otherwise overpopulation will be a real problem.

I like Jungs theories, especially the part about the world around being a mirror of ourselves. I found that to be true often.

I have also witnessed UFOs in the past, and also received repeated strange phone calls with weird mechanical sounds at the other end, and other experiences which Id rather not talk about here.

And I think we will be alright probably, but not sure in 100 years if we do not get off this rock and colonize Mars, because otherwise overpopulation will be a real problem.

Did you get the calls after witnessing the UFO?

Yeah there are all a whole host of environmental concerns that need to be addressed that affect the long term survival of the species. I’m just skeptical of space colonization because at the current rate it will only be a means of escape for the rich, especially if automation reaches a point where they can have the labor of colonization done for them, but even if it’s not, I feel like we’d end up as indentured servants or feudal peasants just you know in space.

Last edited:

Karlysymon

Superstar
Never heard of the theory before but what has been ,and still is, of great interest to me is to understand what exactly happened to the human mind after the Fall. Man is a spiritual being and from a Christian pov, lost the privilege to communicate face to face with his Creator, which communication is vital to his existence, reduced to dreams (ex: Solomon, 1 Kings 3:5-15/9:2) and visions.
I wonder why God would choose that particular state inorder to communicate, even stranger, the most unliklely thing that inhibits said communication: chemtrails.

"Main objective: Creative cleavages in spatial perceptions. Creating a blockage in the brain of the interaction of various amino acids that relate to higher consciousness and the increase of dopamine in the brain producing a listless, euphoric state of lower, reactive mind. This, though most cannot (won't?) process this perception, is their main
objective. It has many layers to it, and the salts found in these CTS are the prime indicators of just why they use such a vector to create this state in the human brain, the physical repository of and connecting point between the real and the
unreal. To understand this goal necessitates an understanding of the human soul, the Self (Christ or God within, if you like) and the connection between the two as related to the endocrine system functioning within each human host."

www.whale.to/b/c.html

Helioform

Star
Did you get the calls after witnessing the UFO?

Yeah there are all a whole host of environmental concerns that need to be addressed that affect the long term survival of the species. I’m just skeptical of space colonization because at the current rate it will only be a means of escape for the rich, especially if automation reaches a point where they can have the labor of colonization done for them, but even if it’s not, I feel like we’d end up as indentured servants or feudal peasants just you know in space.
I would receive those calls only if I had mentionned the sightings on the internet, bizarrely.

I have a feeling you may be right about the rich being favored for colonization. Bezos is investing a lot of cash into this and it seems only rich people will get there at first, but as time goes on I think they will extend this to normal folks. It's like the technology transfer from the military. At first it is too expensive for common people, but later on it becomes more affordable.

Helioform

Star
Man is a spiritual being and from a Christian pov, lost the privilege to communicate face to face with his Creator, which communication is vital to his existence, reduced to dreams (ex: Solomon, 1 Kings 3:5-15/9:2) and visions.
I wonder why God would choose that particular state inorder to communicate, even stranger, the most unliklely thing that inhibits said communication: chemtrails.
I also think something happened there after the Fall, but I take the view more from a general perspective which includes older religions such as Hinduism. The Fall in Hinduism was a fall in consciousness, mainly we fell from an Angelic state to that more similar to an animal. We lost our capacity to manifest reality with our own mind.

Damien50

Star
I also think something happened there after the Fall, but I take the view more from a general perspective which includes older religions such as Hinduism. The Fall in Hinduism was a fall in consciousness, mainly we fell from an Angelic state to that more similar to an animal. We lost our capacity to manifest reality with our own mind.
Almost like losing our higher selves and being brought to a base self?

Dalit

Star
This is starting to sound like the Great Chain of Being with divine and animal souls. 1546468317635.png

elsbet

Superstar
We also began to DIE, along with everything else in Creation.

I actually think it’s the reverse, the fall is our ascendency from Animal to Self-awareness and therefore the knowledge of Good and Evil which very well could have something to do with an increase in connections between the two hemispheres of the brain.

I would receive those calls only if I had mentionned the sightings on the internet, bizarrely.

I have a feeling you may be right about the rich being favored for colonization. Bezos is investing a lot of cash into this and it seems only rich people will get there at first, but as time goes on I think they will extend this to normal folks. It's like the technology transfer from the military. At first it is too expensive for common people, but later on it becomes more affordable.
That’s really strange. I never got the calls but I only reported one to MUFON and I didn’t have a smart phone and used a library computer, the other I kept to myself.

I hope you’re right I just hope they don’t get there first and produce propaganda films telling us how great the colony is only to wind up in a salt mine.

seeker

There are to my knowledge two possibilities to UFO/ET's - One that they really exist on other planets, the other that they are in an adjacent dimension to ours. Also note that angels (both good and evil) may a completely different species, with a different lifespan, intelligence. To us they would appear as "gods", especially coming to us from dimension we call the lower heavens. The Bible and the book of Enoch mentions nephilim as the descendants of fallen angels that mated with human women and the fallen angels taught the people of ancient time technology. It is not impossible they still exist as disembodied spirits to this day.
The huge distances in our universe make it unlikely to be from far away stars, as the closer you get to the speed of light, mass becomes infinite.
Unfortunately, most churches don't ever teach this.

I wonder sometimes if people with mental illness are not influenced by these entities when in a psychotic state. Not to imply mental illness is always demonic, as I do believe there are biochemical factors in the brain too.

If anyone else is curious, message me and I can provide links to this subject.