Brad Pitt's View On Charismatic "christianity"

JoChris

Superstar
http://pulpitandpen.org/2017/05/10/brad-pitts-atheistic-polemic-against-charismania-and-why-hes-right/

Edit:
Another example of atheists having more discernment than Charismatic "Christians".

I don't know how much non-Christians are aware of the increasing movement AGAINST Charismania masquerading as Christianity. There are thinking Christians who actually give a hoot about what the bible says out there.

As an ex-Charismatic I know how dangerous it is. I understand why many people who claimed to have been Christians but were terribly hurt by their church may have been burned by Charismaniac Christianity. There is a BIG difference between the two.

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
In charismania, the offer of ecstatic, emotional fervor is distinguished from the pagan world only by location, and that location is little more than a moralized, alcohol-free venue beslimed with Christian-ese.
Amen.

The reports of and reactions to the so-called Azusa street revival in the early 20th century should have killed charismania, but it's now looked on by some as a great spiritual awakening rather than the depraved and godless display that it was.

Todd

Star
While I agree there is very much to criticise about Charismatic Christianity, it's like anything else, where extremists make the whole look much worse than it is. A good portion of Charismatic Christians are pure, genuine, God fearing people, who simply desire everything that God has for us, including the supernatural aspect of Christianity.

While I have experienced and seen alot of fake and over-hyped expressions and acts within Charismatic circles, I have also seen and experienced the true supernatural working of God. Most Charismatics just desire a community to have the freedom to have faith that God will move supernaturally from time to time. However, there will always be the Charlatans looking to take advantage of the sincere and often ignorant masses.

Todd

Star
So I actually read the whole article and I fully agree with this part....
For Christ told us how His church would be known by the world. It would not be by indistinguishable experiences common to the world, nor by adherence to legalistic standards of do’s and don’ts. His Church is known by one thing:

“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” John 13:34-35
Paul had the wisdom to know "If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have absolute faith so as to move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

That unfortunately is what is missing in many Charismatic Churches....the love for others.

floss

Star
While I agree there is very much to criticise about Charismatic Christianity, it's like anything else, where extremists make the whole look much worse than it is. A good portion of Charismatic Christians are pure, genuine, God fearing people, who simply desire everything that God has for us, including the supernatural aspect of Christianity.

While I have experienced and seen alot of fake and over-hyped expressions and acts within Charismatic circles, I have also seen and experienced the true supernatural working of God. Most Charismatics just desire a community to have the freedom to have faith that God will move supernaturally from time to time. However, there will always be the Charlatans looking to take advantage of the sincere and often ignorant masses.
I fully agreed and have witnessed genuine Charismatic events a few time and it was always a blessing afterward. It is not like what you see on youtube where people acted like they are demon possessed. The charismatic Pastor was actually the one that helped my sister with deliverances. I believed the devil is attacking this movement to make it seem ridiculous and evil. The genuine one is actually beautiful. I love this brother Andre Bissoni, going around the world to preach the Gospel. Listen to his messages, he is not masquerading as Christian.

Here is the verse explaining why people falling backward. The presence of God is powerful.
John 18
"6 As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground."

I have felt down before like the in video. I wasn't passing out or anything like that. My awareness is still there and I felt very peaceful and just enjoying the moment not having to worry about anything. It was super nice.

Check it out, God's amazing grace
Even prisoners can have salvation!

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
Being baptised with fire is NOT a good thing and I cringe every time I see some charismatic going on about it.

floss

Star
Being baptised with fire is NOT a good thing and I cringe every time I see some charismatic going on about it.
Why is it not good? Does it has something to do with hellish fire? Overall, the guy is preaching salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.

This is a different revival ministry and what they believe. Can you take a look at it and let me know what you think?
https://www.revival.com/whatwebelieve

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I have come across Christians who have been full of the Word, but genuinely frightened and put off by immature Charismatics treating the gifts of the Spirit like power tools, and because of these excesses emphasising the end of 1 Corinthians 13. I have also known Charismatics who are full of joy and the power of the Spirit, but who seem afraid to delve deeply into the Word in case they lose their fire.

To me this reminds me of the two men, one mute, one lame, who need one another to get along.

JoChris

Superstar
Amen.

The reports of and reactions to the so-called Azusa street revival in the early 20th century should have killed charismania, but it's now looked on by some as a great spiritual awakening rather than the depraved and godless display that it was.
They also make no mention of how founders of the original movement were either heretics or discovered to be immoral people. http://www.bible.ca/tongues-neo-montanism.htm

JoChris

Superstar
I fully agreed and have witnessed genuine Charismatic events a few time and it was always a blessing afterward. It is not like what you see on youtube where people acted like they are demon possessed. The charismatic Pastor was actually the one that helped my sister with deliverances. I believed the devil is attacking this movement to make it seem ridiculous and evil. The genuine one is actually beautiful. I love this brother Andre Bissoni, going around the world to preach the Gospel. Listen to his messages, he is not masquerading as Christian.

Here is the verse explaining why people falling backward. The presence of God is powerful.
John 18
"6 As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground."

I have felt down before like the in video. I wasn't passing out or anything like that. My awareness is still there and I felt very peaceful and just enjoying the moment not having to worry about anything. It was super nice.

Check it out, God's amazing grace
Even prisoners can have salvation!
On occasions like your sister's I am definitely open to God moving in individual's lives according to HIS will. It is the huge revivals, with people claiming to be new apostles with the same power as the original apostles that are especially dangerous.
Claiming that healing backaches in special meetings are on the same level as the cripple springing to his feet with no remaining symptoms of physical weakness is ridiculous. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+3:1-10&version=KJV
People claim their babble which linguists have analysed as being mere babble is speaking in tongues. That is nothing like the genuine languages Jews heard. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+2:1-12&version=KJV

P.S. have you noticed these manifestations always happen overseas?
Modern Charismatic churches in western countries need to have prolonged music worship to achieve the same result. Why do you think that is so?

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
I have come across Christians who have been full of the Word, but genuinely frightened and put off by immature Charismatics treating the gifts of the Spirit like power tools, and because of these excesses emphasising the end of 1 Corinthians 13. I have also known Charismatics who are full of joy and the power of the Spirit, but who seem afraid to delve deeply into the Word in case they lose their fire.

To me this reminds me of the two men, one mute, one lame, who need one another to get along.
I used to have your attitude in your last sentence.
The more and more people look into what Charismatics say and do they will realise that they departed from biblical Christianity a long time ago. In practice experiences outrank the bible. What people say when supposedly under the influence of the Holy Spirit outranks the bible.

JoChris

Superstar

When I came back to Christ end of 2006 I went to a Charismatic church. The first day I went there a woman came to say hello and after a while I discovered she had a local bible study only for women. I was amazed at that.
When I went there we all found that we were either women struggling with past issues of abuse or had non-Christian/ ex Christian husbands. I know God had his hand on drawing us together. I know there are genuine Christians at these churches as a result.

Now the main points of the weak side. Despite me not having read my bible for over 7 years I knew more than several women who said they had been Christians for nearly all their lives. They were in their 50s.
They claimed God spoke to them but couldn't explain how they knew it was God. They went on feelings.
Several claimed to write whatever God spoke to them. By their descriptions of it now I believe it was "automatic writing".
The one who took me to the spiritual healing prayer meeting, became bored with the church services because the music just wasn't enough any more.
The ones who claimed to be most annointed, the most blessed by Sydney Hillsong conference where the ones who fell away, either backsliding or via divorce.

floss

Star
On occasions like your sister's I am definitely open to God moving in individual's lives according to HIS will. It is the huge revivals, with people claiming to be new apostles with the same power as the original apostles that are especially dangerous.
Claiming that healing backaches in special meetings are on the same level as the cripple springing to his feet with no remaining symptoms of physical weakness is ridiculous. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+3:1-10&version=KJV
People claim their babble which linguists have analysed as being mere babble is speaking in tongues. That is nothing like the genuine languages Jews heard. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+2:1-12&version=KJV

P.S. have you noticed these manifestations always happen overseas?
Modern Charismatic churches in western countries need to have prolonged music worship to achieve the same result. Why do you think that is so?
@JoChris
SIster, it is not only overseas but here in the US as well. I truly believed God is using this movement to spread the Gospel. It is truly amazing once you see through all the deception the devil has stained this movement. I intentionally post the revival in India and Indosnesia because they are majorities Hindu and Islam. Please look at the message and the positive side of this movement instead of focusing on the bad side is all I can say. i believed God is still performing miracles and supernatural to this day.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Real charisma is the mighty, sovereign move of God. I was struck by a couple of words in the description of Stephen, one of my all time heroes of faith, in Acts 6.

8And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people. 9Then there arose certain of the synagogue, which is called the synagogue of the Libertines, and Cyrenians, and Alexandrians, and of them of Cilicia and of Asia, disputing with Stephen. 10And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake.​

Wisdom AND the spirit. All of the gifts work through love, I grew up and saw the move of the Spirit and people healed every week or so, quietly at the back of a meeting or with a couple of people praying and anointing with oil.

At the same time there was a rise of prosperity, health and wealth, 'Word of faith' type belief springing up where Christian celebrities would get the attention.

But - "no flesh will glory in God's presence" and the glory began to depart. God is gracious and people still got healed but I could sense a change in the spirit.

When flesh and the Spirit contend in a fellowship, this angers the Lord.

2 Samuel 6

5And David and all the house of Israel played before the LORD on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals.

6And when they came to Nachon's threshingfloor, Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it. 7And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God. 8And David was displeased, because the LORD had made a breach upon Uzzah: and he called the name of the place Perezuzzah to this day. 9And David was afraid of the LORD that day, and said, How shall the ark of the LORD come to me? 10So David would not remove the ark of the LORD unto him into the city of David: but David carried it aside into the house of Obededom the Gittite. 11And the ark of the LORD continued in the house of Obededom the Gittite three months: and the LORD blessed Obededom, and all his household.​

I think it is quite possible that the Ark was an OT representation of the third person of the Trinity.

"One of the main purposes for the Ark was that of God’s being present or dwelling with His people and when the Ark was missing, so too was God’s glory. When the Philistines captured the Ark (1 Sam 4:11) the glory was said to have departed from Israel"​

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/christiancrier/2014/06/14/what-is-the-ark-of-the-covenant/

Here Uzzah acts unworthily and gets killed for it! Things go wrong when fleshly people stretch out their hand to try to control the move of the Spirit.

David's response was to become afraid and leave the Ark behind!!!!!

I did this for twenty years!

I started to shift my view when I watched this clip about three years ago..

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
@JoChris
SIster, it is not only overseas but here in the US as well. I truly believed God is using this movement to spread the Gospel. It is truly amazing once you see through all the deception the devil has stained this movement. I intentionally post the revival in India and Indosnesia because they are majorities Hindu and Islam. Please look at the message and the positive side of this movement instead of focusing on the bad side is all I can say. i believed God is still performing miracles and supernatural to this day.

I actually cringed at all that. The beat and the hypnotic rhytmn. The excessive dependence on music to create "God's presence" and over-emotional presentation. I have seen and experienced all that before in Charismatic churches. I have heard of changed lives there but I have only ever seen temporary results.

When Charismatic churches' sermons - PARTICULARLY Australian Charismatic churches (shocking track record- avoid like the Bubonic Plague) - are analysed carefully they are repeatedly shown to be shallow and so people-focused that the message of the Gospel is distorted.
Look at https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+2&version=KJV
Where is the music band?
Where are the Christians speaking in tongues that nobody understands?
Does Peter talk about God's love and His wish for a personal relationship with *you*, a plan for *your* life, all problems solved/ illnesses cured if *you* believe in Jesus?
Where are the fire tunnels, the people being slain in the Spirit?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I actually cringed at all that. The beat and the hypnotic rhytmn. The excessive dependence on music to create "God's presence" and over-emotional presentation. I have seen and experienced all that before in Charismatic churches. I have heard of changed lives there but I have only ever seen temporary results.

When Charismatic churches' sermons - PARTICULARLY Australian Charismatic churches (shocking track record- avoid like the Bubonic Plague) - are analysed carefully they are repeatedly shown to be shallow and so people-focused that the message of the Gospel is distorted.
Look at https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+2&version=KJV
Where is the music band?
Where are the Christians speaking in tongues that nobody understands?
Does Peter talk about God's love and His wish for a personal relationship with *you*, a plan for *your* life, all problems solved/ illnesses cured if *you* believe in Jesus?
Where are the fire tunnels, the people being slain in the Spirit?
I wonder if it is worth making the distinction between the movement of the Holy Spirit in the Church and 'Charismatic' Christianity as a church 'thing'?

The Spirit points to Jesus, his death and resurrection and his claim to holiness on our lives. When people go seeking the Spirit, they are looking for someone who wants to talk about someone else!

Tatilina

Star
That's not the holy spirit, that is the counterfeit spirit warned about in scripture

1 John 2:27
27 As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.

That is the counterfeit spirit and anointing called the Kundalini spirit which you can see the exact resemblance and manifestations coming from new agers who practice yoga and Chakra awakenings. The gurus place their hand on their forheads to awaken the Kundalini spirit, which is a serpent spirit. I'm sorry, but that isn't the holy spirit.

I advise you to read and watch all that you can about the awakening of the kundalini spirit, the exact same thing happens to those who practice Yoga and the awakening of the Chakras is what is happening in the Charismatic movement. All the proof you need is out there to see with your own eyes if you are willing and I hope you are because this is part of the great falling away. Its a dangerous movememt. No better than practicing witchcraft to be honest and you do not want to be possessed by this spirit like my Aunty Thea is. It makes her convulsed arching her back backwards and twitch and make her do things that is not human.

The holy spirit is of self control
Galatians 5:22

22By contrast, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, 23gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against such things.

This spirit is not displaying self control. These people have no control over thenselves. The holy spirit is self control.

Last edited:

Tatilina

Star
Kundalini spirit in church leaders. Hundreds of thousands of people are pssessed with this spirit. It has infiltrated and is infesting the churches on level we have never seen before

Tatilina

Star
2 thessalonians 2:9-11
9The coming of the lawless one is apparent in the working of Satan, who uses all power, signs, lying wonders, 10and every kind of wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion, leading them to believe what is false,