Bootsy Collins

Damien50

Star

I've never really known much about the man mostly because I wasn't part of that generation but I can always recall his funky vocals and bass slaps. For some reason I got interested in researching him and found this interesting excerpt

Like Clinton, Collins took on several alter egos, from Casper the Funky Ghost to Bootzilla, "the world's only rhinestone rockstar monster of a doll", all as parts of the evolving character of an alien rock star who grew gradually more bizarre as time went on (see P-Funk mythology). He also adopted his trademark "space bass" around this time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bootsy_Collins

heyyor

Rookie
Funkadelic(close associates and sometime collaborators with Bootsy) were also heavily involved n interested in occultism. George Clinton and co were avid followers of the deeply shady Process Church for at least a few years early in their careers, going so far as to include quotes and images from the "church" 's self-published magazines on their album covers and in their songs. I remember reading a very detailed webpage about it, if I can find the link I'll post it itt
I wouldn't be surprised to find out that there was some seemingly sinister stuff behind the scenes of the Funk movement in music, as there was in just about every other genre at that time